Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemies with guns down and not marked as alert on the minimap break my stealth multiplier

DoomFruit

Sometimes, I've come across enemies which do not have their guns presented and ready (so they're not in the alert state) and whose triangles on the minimap do not have a dot in the middle (also indicating that they are not alert), but killing them inexplicably breaks my stealth multiplier. What's up with that?

Yep I've had the same thing for a looong time. Pain in the arse before the little buff to how we can earn Focus, when running high-level Ceres exterminates stealthily was nearly the only way to earn Focus. I wanted to go back to try it, instead of just farming Draco but this bug where my stealth combo breaks randomly is just so annoying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have they recently spawned? Killing mobs before 5 seconds after spawning causes your stealth multiplier to break. I don't know why DE thought this was a good idea since mob spawns are limited while undetected to begin with. Might have something to do with that Uranus Sabotage exploit bug I found back in October, or just a bandaid for their crappy spawn control system, or both.

What counts as a stealth kill is very finicky to begin with. If you are using a bow and arrow, with a punch-through mod, and kill two mobs walking in view of each other, your multiplier will break because the mob that was killed second witnessed his buddy's death for a fraction of a second before dying himself, sending him into a semi-alerted state. It's incredibly stupid, I know. You're better off using Opticore with punch-through (the fully charged shot is silent, funnily enough) since the bullet is hitscan.

I don't have any more explanations if what I said here doesn't fit with the problems you are having, as they've been either patched out or I haven't encountered them (random mobs knowing exactly where you are, Drahk and their masters don't alert other Grineer mobs to your position [still a bug, but not relevant here], etc.).

These are isolated mobs, which I'm killing with a slide attack while invisible passing to the side of them (so not colliding with and alerting them), or a single silenced lex prime headshot. They have their guns down, and their minimap icons are hollow. Every single cue that the game gives me indicates that they are not alert and will not break my stealth multiplier.

EDIT: I have no idea how recently they spawned. While I have seen enemies pop into existence right in front of me on several occasions, they're not the ones which I'm attempting to stealth kill.

Edited by DoomFruit

On 5/31/2016 at 9:34 PM, Boatsniper said:

Have they recently spawned? Killing mobs before 5 seconds after spawning causes your stealth multiplier to break. I don't know why DE thought this was a good idea since mob spawns are limited while undetected to begin with. Might have something to do with that Uranus Sabotage exploit bug I found back in October, or just a bandaid for their crappy spawn control system, or both.

The issue they meant to combat was probably spawn camping certain tiles in certain mission types. Rescue, for example, will continually spawn enemies right at the exits to the prison after rescuing the hostage (immediately behind the previously locked doors) as long as you are sufficiently far away from the spawn points, which allowed players to continually snipe enemies down.

On 6/3/2016 at 8:51 AM, DoomFruit said:

EDIT: I have no idea how recently they spawned. While I have seen enemies pop into existence right in front of me on several occasions, they're not the ones which I'm attempting to stealth kill.

I'm almost certain this is what you're running into. I know I've seen enemies spawn in the next tile as late as the door to the tile opening in front of me. This is easily testable with an Ivara stacking enemy radar mods (my standard Ivara build actually runs the Enemy Radar aura with Animal Sense on my Sentinel).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's the now pointless: no-kill till 5 secs after the enemy spawn. 

DE implemented that to fix an exploit of continuous infinite stealth kills, but since DE nerfed (months ago) the infinite spawns when killing stealth, what is the point of that mechanic besides frustrate players? Please DE, just remove it already.