Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sketch+Crit Thread

Well i havent been on the forums for a while...but heres some of the helmets i drew a while ago: 

Oberon: (not sure about the chin)

JrPSb9m.jpg

Nekros:

Xwx10ru.jpg

Excalibur:

bkmZngW.jpg

DB69sk4.jpg

Loki:

GnYHymq.jpg

Im not sure how they are, lemme know what you think of them :)

1 hour ago, Aliuas said:

Well i havent been on the forums for a while...but heres some of the helmets i drew a while ago: 

Oberon: (not sure about the chin)

JrPSb9m.jpg

Nekros:

Xwx10ru.jpg

Excalibur:

bkmZngW.jpg

DB69sk4.jpg

Loki:

GnYHymq.jpg

Im not sure how they are, lemme know what you think of them :)

All very interesting. Definitely viable concepts if you plan on making them into models 

3 hours ago, Rekkou said:

Excalibur%20Calamus_zpsqw44jjlh.jpg

Excalibur Calamus, was originally planned for polycount contest along with Volt Arrester, but cancelled because of lack of time. And i'm planning for Vauban next, so not sure if i will ever make this.

Looks good. Looks like it could have been excal p's helmet with some gold trim on it.

4 hours ago, Rekkou said:

Excalibur Calamus, was originally planned for polycount contest along with Volt Arrester, but cancelled because of lack of time. And i'm planning for Vauban next, so not sure if i will ever make this.

Personally it looks like it could be a equinox helmet as well, I don't know why but it just fits

9 hours ago, Aliuas said:

[snip]

Here i changed a few minor things, does it look better to you? :)

Ohh nice ideas! I'll see what I can work in :) Thank you!

In the meantime, also still chipping away at my Loki helmet. I think I'm gonna stick with the forward-facing horns

tumblr_o5v0bcBKtj1qdt0m6o4_r1_1280.jpg

Sculpt still in the quick-and-dirty stage, but the forms are starting to come together. Still can't decide whether I want those bottom two fins or not. I'll keep them on for now.

Edited by Syncrasis

After lurking this thread a bit and checking things out, I got an idea for a Loki helmet.

I tried to combine some of my favorite stuff from all his helmets. Warframe-styled art has never been my forte so, any sorta help is welcomed!

b9FMdtp.png

If only I didn't have the sculpting talent of a mongoose

On 4/18/2016 at 11:04 PM, Syncrasis said:

Playing around with Mirage tonight

tumblr_o5tfh9POqc1r28itgo1_1280.jpg

Elizabethan collar anyone?

You seem to always lean towards very big helmets, Kaz.

As for the design, I would suggest making the frills and the main helmet seem more distinct from one another so its not a giant blob of a bunch of different dynamics.Maybe pulling the main face forwards and the frills back would do it?

18 hours ago, blazingcobalt said:

After lurking this thread a bit and checking things out, I got an idea for a Loki helmet.

I tried to combine some of my favorite stuff from all his helmets. Warframe-styled art has never been my forte so, any sorta help is welcomed!

Great start there, I like the windswept movement overall. I recommend making at least one set of horns larger, since Loki's theme seems to be "big horizontal horns", but take that with a grain of salt because I tend to prefer big/exaggerated forms lol

Maybe for something a little different, try making the bottom horns super dominant?

17 hours ago, Jamescell said:

You seem to always lean towards very big helmets, Kaz.

As for the design, I would suggest making the frills and the main helmet seem more distinct from one another so its not a giant blob of a bunch of different dynamics.Maybe pulling the main face forwards and the frills back would do it?

I just like flamboyance :D

Yeah good suggestions, that's definitely an issue with the two pieces sort of clipping into each other. Had another suggestion about possibly adding subtle cloth physics to the frills, which  makes it even more important to have the two pieces break up easily. Will work on this, thanks!

15 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

@Syncrasis: ok this is just to be funny but i thought that if you could paint this helmet white it will look like a space popcorn XD I like the big collar idea btw, fits very well!

LOL space popcorn sounds exciting. TWO, PLEASE

Thank you!

You're such a god in creating alt helmets :O 

I'm just having fun! I'm glad I get to share!!

Edited by Syncrasis

16 minutes ago, Syncrasis said:

Maybe for something a little different, try making the bottom horns super dominant?

Thanks for the feedback. The second I read bottom horns a few things popped into my head.  c:

So I quickly  gave the bottom horns some love and I'm really loving the kinda collar feeling to the second one. (Kinda reminds me of the Hunter's Cap from Bloodborne<3)

rEtCVBL.png

fcAf5Yd.png

g25945E.png

2 hours ago, blazingcobalt said:

Thanks for the feedback. The second I read bottom horns a few things popped into my head.  c:

So I quickly  gave the bottom horns some love and I'm really loving the kinda collar feeling to the second one. (Kinda reminds me of the Hunter's Cap from Bloodborne<3)

rEtCVBL.png

fcAf5Yd.png

g25945E.png

Pls gibe nao

Need it nao!

I'm kind of sad you got rid of them, but how about some very thin energy lins running along the accent along the horns and the central plate?

9 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

got rid of them, but how about some very thin energy lins running along the accent along the horns and the central plate?

That does sound pretty nice!

Although I wanna wait and see where the design goes before getting more into things like glowing and colors.

1 minute ago, blazingcobalt said:

That does sound pretty nice!

Although I wanna wait and see where the design goes before getting more into things like glowing and colors.

Sure, sure. Hey cobalt, if I have a concept and you have the time can I itch it over to you? I am absolutely ignorant of 3D modelling.

4 hours ago, Aliuas said:

[snip]

[snip]

Im not really sure what to do with excalibur, some of these look too similar to the ones already in the game....

I really like the pencil drawing one from this set. You could even make that one into a Nyx helmet, it's a bit thinner and sleeker than the average Excal helmet.

[snip]

I like the first one the most, partly because nice and big and partly because NYOOOOOOM. Great job with the variants!

Edited by Syncrasis

On 4/15/2016 at 1:46 AM, Rekkou said:

Wow... There's way too many excalibur alt helms out already but this... this one I would get.