The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Free help for new players

Hello Tenno, I'm Valteria or call me whatever you want.

I'm a Warframe player that build up everything I own by myself, including my personal little clan along with all its researches done.

It's fair to say I'm currently in a status where there is nothing (items and gears) more I need in the game, and I decide to use my experience to help out others in need of a help to get started. Also doing this volunteer work as a way to show my support to DE.

I'm not a Guide of the Lotus, and not looking forward to become one, I don't seek title or acknowledgement, and I'm doing this on my own will.  I'm currently Mastery Rank 19 (which by the way, Mastery Rank means nothing) and have roughly 1000+ in-game hours.

If you need someone more professional or more official to help you out, I'm not the person you looking for. I'm simply a veteran player that seeks success of new players. 

I live on the west coast, so it would be GMT-8 for my time, if that time works out I would be happy to help you to get started.

Enough of my little introduction, please read the following. 

Before you add me and ask me to help you out on this and that,  pay attention to the followings first. They aren't rules, but they are important to know if you want my help.

• New players only, I'm here to help new players to get started and guide them on track, then I will delete them once I deemed they are ready to handle themselves.

• I often leave my account logged in while I'm away.

• I prefer the idea of "teaching you how to feed yourself is better than offer you food each time you are hungry."

•  Do not ask me to give you anything, not going to happen.

• I'm anti-community and anti-meta, nothing I do with my frames matches what the community do with theirs. If you want to be stable and well off like others, don't ask me for how I build something. Which is also important that you play your own style of Warframe instead of taking me as a role model.

• Do not expect me to carry you through void missions for loots, I've done that in the past, and those new players quit the game because they got their stuffs too soon which leaves them no incentives to continue. 

• If we engaged in a game, I will intentionally tune down my gears and my pace, so you will actually have to play the game instead of being carried, which means it is possible to lose if you decided to to challenge yourself on certain difficulty even when I'm here

• Truths hurts and I don't lie about them, be ready to take the heat if you are asking for it. 

• I don't play any blame games, I focus only on the problem and the way to fix it.

• You wouldn't hear any unfriendly insults from me. I will never insult you, if you got under my skin terribly, I will just delete you. 

• I do delete people following an undisclosed criteria. 

• I do not take any gifts nor will I charge you anything.

• Add me even if this thread becomes old, if I'm still playing I will always be happy to help.

• If you considered I did a horrible job and messed your Warframe life up, go ahead post it in the comments to avoid other Tennos being harmed, and I will take lessons from my mistakes.

• Don't be shy and add me, I will guide you the best I can. As you can see from the principles above, I will forge principles on you instead of carrying you like the traditional way of "helping."

Reminder : there is a dot in the end of my name: Valteria.

==============================================================================

Another post for those who needs a place for tech and trade without the need of dealing with people.

==============================================================================

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, not sure if you're still looking for other players or have been overwhelmed by the volume of responses you've received - I'm new to the game this week. I'm polite, I have a positive attitude, am a quick study and above all else believe gaming should be about having fun, ideally with friends. I have a headset on the way and in the meantime I have a decent typing speed.

Off the top of my head I think I'm currently MR5 but working on improving all the time and thanks to a hefty discount on platinum I now have a stable of Excalibur, Frost Prime, Loki Prime and Rhino Prime which I'm working on maxing and forma-ing; I'd also like to add Trinity Prime at some stage. I've been focusing on quality over quantity. I've tried to avoid too much endless grinding and have been working on filling out the star chart; I enjoy doing quests. My favourite mission types tend to be assassinations, defence/mobile defence, captures and survival. I enjoy working as a team and my favourite frames thus far have been Frost Prime (for the snowglobe) and Rhino Prime (for roar) - I enjoy playing a support role. I'm GMT +12 but I'm on fairly regularly.

If you'd like to play sometime, please feel free to add me or drop me a message - my IGN is patha31p. Thanks for your time!

On 4/29/2016 at 9:26 PM, patha31p said:

Hi there, not sure if you're still looking for other players or have been overwhelmed by the volume of responses you've received - I'm new to the game this week. I'm polite, I have a positive attitude, am a quick study and above all else believe gaming should be about having fun, ideally with friends. I have a headset on the way and in the meantime I have a decent typing speed.

Off the top of my head I think I'm currently MR5 but working on improving all the time and thanks to a hefty discount on platinum I now have a stable of Excalibur, Frost Prime, Loki Prime and Rhino Prime which I'm working on maxing and forma-ing; I'd also like to add Trinity Prime at some stage. I've been focusing on quality over quantity. I've tried to avoid too much endless grinding and have been working on filling out the star chart; I enjoy doing quests. My favourite mission types tend to be assassinations, defence/mobile defence, captures and survival. I enjoy working as a team and my favourite frames thus far have been Frost Prime (for the snowglobe) and Rhino Prime (for roar) - I enjoy playing a support role. I'm GMT +12 but I'm on fairly regularly.

If you'd like to play sometime, please feel free to add me or drop me a message - my IGN is patha31p. Thanks for your time!

Hello there, you seem to have some degree of progress, not sure if you need any more guides, but if you do feel free to add me in game.

I got some questions:

1. how do i get weapons/armors for credits?

2. is there a profile lvl or only equipment lvl, at the missions there are some lever requirements but i dont know if its for my gear or for my character

3. how do i get more quests? i have finished the first two and im not getting new ones

4. could you help me with some info on what to do and what not at the early stage? 

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/3/2016 at 3:02 PM, HitmanDonkey said:

I got some questions:

1. how do i get weapons/armors for credits?

2. is there a profile lvl or only equipment lvl, at the missions there are some lever requirements but i dont know if its for my gear or for my character

3. how do i get more quests? i have finished the first two and im not getting new ones

4. could you help me with some info on what to do and what not at the early stage? 

Thanks!

Add me in game, I can answer all of your questions. 

Sorry for the very late reply.

On 5/26/2016 at 4:37 PM, Valteria. said:

Add me in game, I can answer all of your questions. 

Sorry for the very late reply.

well i kinda got all the answers for my questions and after 20ish days of palying im quite good, thanks :D

6 minutes ago, HitmanDonkey said:

well i kinda got all the answers for my questions and after 20ish days of palying im quite good, thanks :D

Good luck and have a nice warframe life.