Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Dating [Open RP, IC, Probably +18] Revived~

Denny2669

Just now, Psychotoxin said:

((To each their own translations. As for the fool - usually for me it signifies a journey, and growth. But can also signify a lack of purpose and aimless wandering. Depending on the accompanying cards.))

"Soo... Essentially me?" Scrubby added with a glint of laughter.

Lana: "hmmm... no, this doesn't make sense. this card should not follow Lovers... allow me one more try... oh. oh dear. i appear to have drawn the opposite... the World. or the Universe, depending on the person it is drawn for. in your case, the World. i have never drawn this before..."

4 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Someone new had just come in.  She was wearing a black-and-white jumpsuit, and she didn't look impressed with the place.  She sat down at an empty table near the - was that a pinball machine?

Her friend, whose attire made it clear he didn't want anyone to see his face, turned and left as soon as she sat down, and she was looking around apprehensively.

"It would appear there's someone here I can talk to.  If you'll excuse me?"  The hostess nodded, and he strode across the room to sit across from the newcomer.

"I wouldn't worry about our fellow patrons," he said with a smirk.  "Most of them aren't sure why they're here either.  I'm Richard."

Lily: Hi. I'm Lily Sorrows. Pleasure to meet you. So, what do you do? I'm a gunslinger, just saying. *thinking* goddammit Faust. I will kill you later! anyways, that guy in the mask is Faust Windfallow. He has that mask to cover his face because he doesn't have one. He's thinks people may be afraid of him if they saw what he really looked like. Anyways, this is a bit... Awkward... Dammit Faust. At least let me bring a Magnus to shoot beer bottles.

Just now, MrEvilMexican said:

Lily: Hi. I'm Lily Sorrows. Pleasure to meet you. So, what do you do? I'm a gunslinger, just saying. *thinking* goddammit Faust. I will kill you later! anyways, that guy in the mask is Faust Windfallow. He has that mask to cover his face because he doesn't have one. He's thinks people may be afraid of him if they saw what he really looked like. Anyways, this is a bit... Awkward... Dammit Faust. At least let me bring a Magnus to shoot beer bottles.

Lana: *Tosses Lily a spare Magnus she had on her* "Lily! Catch! ah, sorry, Scrubby. just helping a friend out. now then, the Cards..."

14 minutes ago, MrEvilMexican said:

"Pleasure to meet you, Lily."  A Magnus promptly landed on the table in front of her.  Richard raised his eyebrows at it.  "Now that's convenient."  A server Osprey flew up to their table.  Richard looked at it and thought for a second.  "Long Island Iced Tea, but hold the liquor."  He looked back at Lily.  "You have NO IDEA how hard it is to get a plain cola these days.  What'll you have?  Drinks appear to be on that fellow."  He nodded towards Scrubby.

36 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Lana: "hmmm... no, this doesn't make sense. this card should not follow Lovers... allow me one more try... oh. oh dear. i appear to have drawn the opposite... the World. or the Universe, depending on the person it is drawn for. in your case, the World. i have never drawn this before..."

"So what does that mean?" Scrubby asked completely confused. He had a hard time following this 

On Monday, April 11, 2016 at 10:54 PM, Teloch said:

Splendid. A thief. Yet, this fact sorted out a lot. Perhaps it is a pure hypocrisy, but pursuing sentimental relationships toward an actual outlaw wasn't something Teloch considered as a viable solution (even though hired guns and thieves are not very distanced from each other in the social ladder). However, she appears to be a part of a quite mercantile scavenger group, and that sure does smell like an informative or a potentially profitable contact. Even though he already made a negative decision on the "private" side of their communication, it would be way too unwise (and pretty much rude) to break off of the conversation at this stage.

"Heard about you, folks. You don't seem to belong to the most combative league, but you sure know how to dig valuable merchandise. Even though the specialization of my group is of different nature, perhaps there are ways we may be useful to each other. But listen to me: speaking of business at the most inappropriate time! That what happens when you spend too much time at the Bazaar. So, Lady Bird, would you consider sharing something about your own person? What are the things that make you want to live another day? Any notable interests, perhaps?"

"One word, desire. Whenever I see something I want, I get it eventualy. That's the benefit of borrowing. You see this ring?" Bird asked, raising her hand with the ring on it "It glows whenever I see something that I like. Borrowed of course"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Ember was still taking in the sight at the bar, so much love sparking to life in one place, it really sets a flame in ones heart. 

3 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"One word, desire. Whenever I see something I want, I get it eventualy. That's the benefit of borrowing. You see this ring?" Bird asked, raising her hand with the ring on it "It glows whenever I see something that I like. Borrowed of course"

The man smirked "As they say: "be careful with your wishes, because sometimes they can come to reality". But I'm pretty sure you don't need that to be reminded. Besides that, your sense of purpose is sure an admirable feature"

25 minutes ago, Teloch said:

The man smirked "As they say: "be careful with your wishes, because sometimes they can come to reality". But I'm pretty sure you don't need that to be reminded. Besides that, your sense of purpose is sure an admirable feature"

"Thanks~" the Osprey waiter brought the Zephyr a drink, a martini by the looks of it, ordered by her Ember friend.
"And what do you do all day? Besides finding ways to make your sentences needlessly, yet intriguingly long"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's what she said..."

Zenz was standing there, calmly watching Mayya until the trin bumped into here.

"Ow...watch you're step...oh wait, she / he cannot see me..."

She soon notices the Ember (luv) watching aswell, who seemed happy about the others chatting with eachother. Zenz made a small grin and decided to have some fun.

"Now this could be quite enjoyable..."

((quick note here but sorry if my posts are delayed. Due to the post moderation I have until the 29th I have to wait for a mod / admin to approve my post before they can be seen by the others but I know they might have other stuff to do sometimes so I do not blame them.))

Edited by crimsonspartan1

1 hour ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Zenz was standing there, calmly watching Mayya until the trin bumped into here.

"Ow...watch you're step...oh wait, she / he cannot see me..."

She soon notices the Ember (luv) watching aswell, who seemed happy about the others chatting with eachother. Zenz made a small grin and decided to have some fun.

"Now this could be quite enjoyable..."

((quick note here but sorry if my posts are delayed. Due to the post moderation I have until the 29th I have to wait for a mod / admin to approve my post before they can be seen by the others but I know they might have other stuff to do so,stiles so I do not blame them.))

(Wow, that must've suck)

On Ngày 12 tháng 04 năm 2016 at 9:49 PM, crimsonspartan1 said:

Mayya notices the ember walk up to her and ask for a seat.

"Oh...erm...not it isn't. Take it if you want too...heh...heh" She replied, in a shy, nervous tone.

Esaka: Uh...ok? *sits down on the seat* So what's your name lass?

45 minutes ago, Sartactics said:

Esaka: Uh...ok? *sits down on the seat* So what's your name lass?

"It's...erm, Mayya, people just call me May for...short..."

*meanwhile* 

Zenz grab a bottle of wine and approaches Luv while invisible. A red and blue Loki soon enters the room and with as soon as he walked past Luv, Zenz opened the bottle of while and threw it over Luv, making it look like the Loki threw the wine over her.

"*slienty* Haha. This is great!"

((edit: Incase anyone is wondering, the Loki is Caver so Liv should know him))

Edited by crimsonspartan1

3 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

"It's...erm, Mayya, people just call me May for...short..."

*meanwhile* 

Zenz grab a bottle of wine and approaches Luv while invisible. A red and blue Loki soon enters the room and with as soon as he walked past Luv, Zenz opened the bottle of while and threw it over Luv, making it look like the Loki threw the wine over her.

"*slienty* Haha. This is great!"

Esaka: Okaaay, May. I'm Esaka, you can call me Essy for short. You sound a bit shy. Are you always like this?

5 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

"Thanks~" the Osprey waiter brought the Zephyr a drink, a martini by the looks of it, ordered by her Ember friend.
"And what do you do all day? Besides finding ways to make your sentences needlessly, yet intriguingly long"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's what she said..."

The man shook his head in refusing gesture when the waiter osprey floated by for a possible order.

"Now, this birdy seems quite straightforward," he thought to himself.

When the osprey passed by, the man exposed his frame's left shoulder with 23-rd rank Stratos emblem for a short moment, so his date could see it for herself. He answered her question with comparatively more serious tone:

"My typical day begins from managing the station, then I usually try to help the less experienced operatives not to die in one dumb way or another, after that I proceed to the Void ravaging raids, complicated sallies, bounties, and tactical operations. So, basically, I trade with death and havoc wholesale, selling plundered loot to the highest bidder, and trying to drown all those troublesome noises that I hear during the day in ancient music. My colleagues believe that I am musically obsessed, so that may give you a hint on how deep I am in this cycle. If that sounded not clear enough, I may show you some statistic data from my on-board computer"

Edited by Teloch

4 hours ago, KuraioNokami said:

((It means the end of a cycle, complete union with the universe and fulfillment in life...))

Lana: "soooo... pretty much The Death but better. Great. trying again... The Star. okay. that seems good..."

Scrubby scratched his head and looked at the cards, completely confused. "That does not seem safe... Such tampering with fates cannot be without consequence..." Scrubby stated. He shook his head.

"Anyways. Can I...?" the Oberon asked after a moment, pointing at the deck of cards.

Scrubby took the deck of cards and inspected it. He closed his eyes and sat silent for a moment. Then he pulled out a card. It was the Page of Swords. He placed it on the table and said: "This is me."

The Oberon fell silent and started pulling out cards and placing them on and around the Page.

((This is what covers him.))

The Oberon covered the Page with a Ten of Wands.

((These are his obstacles.))

He placed a Temperance Arcana sideways on top of the covered Page.

((This is what crowns him.))

He placed a Death Arcana above the Page.

((This is below him.))

He placed The Hanged Man Arcana below the Page.

((This is behind him.))

Scrubby placed a Justice Arcana opposite of that which the Page was facing.

((This is in front of him.))

He placed The Hermit Arcana in the direction the Page was facing.

Then he pulled out 4 cards and placed them evenly under his right hand, each card covering the previous. They were: the Ace of Swords reversed, the Two of Swords reversed, the Three of Cups and The Fool Arcana.

Scrubby took a deep breath and opened his eyes.

"Huh... I had no idea i knew how to do that... So what's it say?" the cheery Oberon asked Lana, with a smile.

Lana: "Ummmm... Fate never taught me that... I was taught that the first is near and the second comes after... This is a far more complex form... And... The Minor Arcana should not be in this deck... Your form of fate is far differrent from mine. I'm sorry, but i cannot tell..."

12 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Lana: "Ummmm... Fate never taught me that... I was taught that the first is near and the second comes after... This is a far more complex form... And... The Minor Arcana should not be in this deck... Your form of fate is far differrent from mine. I'm sorry, but i cannot tell..."

((So you base your readings on Major Arcana only? Interesting...))

Scrubby laughed reassuringly. "So I drew cards that shouldn't exist in the deck... Maybe the deck accomodates itself to the user?" he pondered for a moment. Then he swiped the cards up and handed the deck to Lana.

"Well, since I can't read it as well, it's useless..." the Oberon smiled.

8 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Pleasure to meet you, Lily."  A Magnus promptly landed on the table in front of her.  Richard raised his eyebrows at it.  "Now that's convenient."  A server Osprey flew up to their table.  Richard looked at it and thought for a second.  "Long Island Iced Tea, but hold the liquor."  He looked back at Lily.  "You have NO IDEA how hard it is to get a plain cola these days.  What'll you have?  Drinks appear to be on that fellow."  He nodded towards Scrubby.

Lily: oi, get me cola. Lots. Actually, a can is good. Then give me a few of the smallest cups you can find. I'll be breaking those bottles. Just saying. *turns to Richard* so, what do you do? I kill boxheads. Cos my job says I have to.