The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Dating [Open RP, IC, Probably +18] Revived~

Denny2669

9 hours ago, ShrimpOverlord said:

Dawn stared at Artorias in shock. "NEXT NEXT NEXT NEXT" she shouted and ran to the bar.

Teloch watched this weird scene with almost scientific interest. And they say that cryptozoology is not a real science, ha! The "event" was outlandish to a degree when he even failed to register a presence of a waiter osprey floating nearby at first. However, he reckoned his surroundings quickly, just like any actual soldier would. Teloch grabbed the poor flying and beeping thing in a way an average ocelot grabs some unaware petite bird. "A cup of the finest black tea with thyme to that distressed young lady. Quickly. The charge is on me," he said to the flying toaster before releasing his grasp on it. By the time the order would be delivered, he will casually lift his hand in a greeting gesture lest the subject of his charity would take a look at the hall while searching for the anonymous 'benefactor'.

Edited by Teloch

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

Teloch watched this weird scene with almost scientific interest. And they say that Cryptozoology is not a real science, hah! The "event" was outlandish to a degree when he even failed to register a presence of a waiter osprey floating nearby at first. However, he reckoned his surroundings quickly, just like any actual soldier would. Teloch grabbed the poor flying and beeping thing in a way an average ocelot grabs some unaware petite bird. "A cup of the finest black tea with thyme to that distressed young lady. Quickly. The charge is on me," he said to the flying toaster before releasing his grasp on it. By the time the order would be delivered, he will casually lift his hand in a greeting gesture lest the subject of his charity would take a look at the hall while searching for the anonymous 'benefactor'.

While Dawn wasn't really distressed, she was just trying to get to the bar, she can't resist free tea. She took a sip, and looked around, noticing the Rhino raising his hands. She walked over to him, the tea still in her hand, and sat against him. "Hello, my name's Dawn. Did you send this to me?" she asked.

1 minute ago, ShrimpOverlord said:

While Dawn wasn't really distressed, she was just trying to get to the bar, she can't resist free tea. She took a sip, and looked around, noticing the Rhino raising his hands. She walked over to him, the tea still in her hand, and sat against him. "Hello, my name's Dawn. Did you send this to me?" she asked.

Haseo: "phew..." *wipes some sweat off of his forehead* "one less dead girl..."

On 16/4/2016 at 0:23 AM, crimsonspartan1 said:

((Sorry to say but mex has been banned until 2035 for some reason, some troubles with his brother and the mods are currently working it out, hopefully he gets unbanned as he has done nothing wrong))

"Being open minded isn't exactly my thing...heh...heh..."

"But it's worth a shot right...?"

Esaka: Look, I've been through your shoes so I know it's worth the shot.

11 hours ago, ShrimpOverlord said:

"Aye. Herbal tea usually helps me to soothe the nerves, and I thought that you may use a timely served cup as well. Name's Teloch, by the way. I run a society for soldiers of fortune, practice subversive behaviour, just like the most of us do, and trade with various stuff that me and the other lads and lasses from our pack come across while doing the job. Came here today in order to disrupt this wearisome routine cycle and to enjoy some good companionship," he said while "scanning" Dawn, "You look much fresher and mentally stable compared to the stereotypical image of a blind date participant. So, may I ask what is it that brought you here? If only it wouldn't be too familiar for me to inquire" 

Edited by Teloch

6 hours ago, Teloch said:

"Aye. Herbal tea usually helps me to soothe the nerves, and I thought that you may use a timely served cup as well. Name's Teloch, by the way. I run a society for soldiers of fortune, practice subversive behaviour, just like the most of us do, and trade with various stuff that me and the other lads and lasses from our pack come across while doing the job. Came here today in order to disrupt this wearisome routine cycle and to enjoy some good companionship," he said while "scanning" Dawn, "You look much fresher and mentally stable compared to the stereotypical image of a blind date participant. So, may I ask what is it that brought you here? If only it wouldn't be too familiar for me to inquire" 

"Thank you for the tea, Teloch." she said, and took a sip from her drink. "Interesting. I'm a medic, as you can tell by my Trinity prime, and I'm here because I'm sick of being alone. Every time I find someone they end up leaving me after a while. I figured out that this will be a fitting place to find someone more easily." she said, and sighed, taking another sip from her drink.

((ANNND here we go...  i got bored don't hate me))

She hadn't been laid in months.  Of course, that wasn't why she was here, but if it so happened that someone who wasn't either a lost cause or a psychopath happened to be in there, so be it.

A turquoise Banshee with coral orange accents pushed the door open, her Reverb helmet under her left arm.  Her dark brown hair was cut on a slant, and she had swept the longer right side in front of her shoulders.  Looking around the room, she saw three open tables.  Two guys were talking to each other from across the room, and on the other side of the room a Nyx was playing with an actual pinball machine.  " 'Archaic' doesn't even begin to cover that..." she said under her breath.

She stood near the door for a while, listening.  She hadn't chosen Banshee as her Warframe by accident.  Neither of the two men would last ten seconds before the bell.  One of them seemed to be here in spite of the fact that he didn't actually want anyone to sit at his table, and the other was a widower who was just looking for a screw.  Well, neither of those attitudes impressed her.  There were no other tables with people waiting for dates, though.  She walked to an open table away from the other patrons and sat down on it.  Not in one of the two chairs, just on the table.  Setting her helmet down on the table next to her, she started swinging her legs up and down absentmindedly, the way a child does when they're waiting to be excused from dinner.

1 minute ago, Yzjdriel said:

((ANNND here we go...  i got bored don't hate me))

She hadn't been laid in months.  Of course, that wasn't why she was here, but if it so happened that someone who wasn't either a lost cause or a psychopath happened to be in there, so be it.

A turquoise Banshee with coral orange accents pushed the door open, her Reverb helmet under her left arm.  Her dark brown hair was cut on a slant, and she had swept the longer right side in front of her shoulders.  Looking around the room, she saw three open tables.  Two guys were talking to each other from across the room, and on the other side of the room a Nyx was playing with an actual pinball machine.  " 'Archaic' doesn't even begin to cover that..." she said under her breath.

She stood near the door for a while, listening.  She hadn't chosen Banshee as her Warframe by accident.  Neither of the two men would last ten seconds before the bell.  One of them seemed to be here in spite of the fact that he didn't actually want anyone to sit at his table, and the other was a widower who was just looking for a screw.  Well, neither of those attitudes impressed her.  There were no other tables with people waiting for dates, though.  She walked to an open table away from the other patrons and sat down on it.  Not in one of the two chairs, just on the table.  Setting her helmet down on the table next to her, she started swinging her legs up and down absentmindedly, the way a child does when they're waiting to be excused from dinner.

Haseo: "huh. i'm being ignored. no idea if that's allowed, but hey, i'll take it..."

2 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Haseo: "huh. i'm being ignored. no idea if that's allowed, but hey, i'll take it..."

"Not ignoring you," she called, looking over at the speaker.  "Just choosing not to sit next to someone who doesn't seem to actually want to be here."

(( ((i'm going so far out of character here it gets two designations as such.  anyhoo, as a heads up, she dies before she gets introduced as a character in the story she's in)) ))

12 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Not ignoring you," she called, looking over at the speaker.  "Just choosing not to sit next to someone who doesn't seem to actually want to be here."

(( ((i'm going so far out of character here it gets two designations as such.  anyhoo, as a heads up, she dies before she gets introduced as a character in the story she's in)) ))

(( ((Well that sucks, I always hate to see good OCs get killed off... Can't you just use (insert plot device here) to revive her? Just wondering... Also, I'll try getting someone to sit with her once I get to a PC, if nobody gets to do it faster)) ))

15 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Haseo: "even better. i'm just here because a friend forced me. girls i get along with tend to die, though. just keep acting like i'm not here!"

4 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

(( ((Well that sucks, I always hate to see good OCs get killed off... Can't you just use (insert plot device here) to revive her? Just wondering... Also, I'll try getting someone to sit with her once I get to a PC, if nobody gets to do it faster)) ))

(( ((well, as a matter of fact, there is a plot device.  BBEG has a very not okay day.)) ))

4 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Haseo: "even better. i'm just here because a friend forced me. girls i get along with tend to die, though. just keep acting like i'm not here!"

"Death omens ((ehrm, flags)) all around, then.  Come sit over here."  She got down off the table and actually sat in the chair this time.

7 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

(( ((well, as a matter of fact, there is a plot device.  BBEG has a very not okay day.)) ))

"Death omens ((ehrm, flags)) all around, then.  Come sit over here."  She got down off the table and actually sat in the chair this time.

Haseo: "huh... changed your mind? well, i guess... eh, why not. it can't hurt... too much..." *walks over and sits opposite to the Banshee* 

1 hour ago, ShrimpOverlord said:

"Thank you for the tea, Teloch." she said, and took a sip from her drink. "Interesting. I'm a medic, as you can tell by my Trinity prime, and I'm here because I'm sick of being alone. Every time I find someone they end up leaving me after a while. I figured out that this will be a fitting place to find someone more easily." she said, and sighed, taking another sip from her drink.

"Well, that is a fair enough reason," he said and paused to assess her even more diligently, especially focusing on her facial features and a quite posh stack of hair, "Although, I find it a bit strange that people tend to leave you. For the obvious reason, there is little I can say about your character, but your exteriors are sure something people tend to seek after, not repel," he paused again, probably musing about something distanced either in time, space, or both. "It sounds even weirder to me because I can still recall my Old War days as a sergeant major of the first group of commando platoon called "Maroon Peregrines". Back then, all first and second line fighters were instructed about such thing as the personnel expendability hierarchy; field medics were considered the most valuable, even more so than reconnoiter operatives. With a course of the conflict and during my current days, I was convinced in the correctness of this rule for many times. But enough of that - we're here not to spread melancholy. What would you say if we exchange some details about ourselves? I bet that you do have something to tell about, and whether would you like to start with either asking questions or giving answers, I'm fine with that. So, shall we?" he gave her a smile with a fair amount of emotional warmth.

1 hour ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

((I feel like Denny completely dodged or forgot the bit I did with luv and Zenz but nvm))

"I guess it is...So where should I start...?"

(When you're having 10-17-ish people in your chat, it's bound to happen)

Esaka: You should try and make a change for a bit, but change what YOU want to change, don't compare yourself to others and don't tell yourself that you should be like someone else.