The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How warframe acheives a great player community?

Trooper402

Not to play devil's advocate but I think the warframe community is spoon fed to the point where it is bound to take a huge hit in the near future. We are given what we want,which is a good thing, and we are robbed of other things. I know people that quit because the game stagnates and brings nothing new to the table or because of frame reworks ( like saryn). There is toxicity but it is sparse and I think it is mostly because no one is giving a rats &#!, you just join the next open lobby or you find a bunch of people that share your opinion and play with them, which I've done in the past 5 months. It is becoming this too friendly, non violent, safe place bulls**t. No one can take criticism and when you voice an opinion in game you get attack by being hostile.

I grew up playing dota(guinsoo days of dota, not icefrog for those of you familiar) and then LOL and I've seen what toxicity looks like but people still play those games because they are "fun". And in those games you just ignore the toxic person and just move on. 

The things that bug me off in warframe is that most of the new player base and some of the ones that haven't seen what end game looks like have no idea how to approach the content. There is no general guideline on what courteous is and how to play certain popular nodes(being draco or raids and even sorties). And the ones that are out there are outdated and poorly done. But this is just the way the millennium generation is raised up to think. 

And yes, there are people helping people , heck i've given plenty of free syndicate weapons and mods and even baro stuff away to people I know and new players to help people but you see this in othergames too. Like in diablo there are people that will give you free items, or in LOL they will play a few games with you telling you what you are doing wrong. But in general no one cares much. They log on, do their stuff and mind their own business.

So yah, the community is okay in warframe, not the best, not the worst , it is in a somewhat good place at the moment.