Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The complete and definitive Focus expansion project.

Kinperor

Greetings,

This thread is indeed about a new concept to expand the Focus system. The said concept spans about 18 pages and can be found here on Google Drive. Be aware, you can use the text's outline as well as the index to navigate more easily, if you are logged in. If you close the Outline, you can re-open it with "Tools -> Outline".  Said concept was written on Google drive: transferring and reading all this text would be a pain in the neck for author and readers alike.

The concept features completely rewritten skill trees for each paths. You can see them directly in the following links to imgur if you are interested.

Finally, here is the TL;DR, of course:

1. Skill progression is changed from single perks unlocking other single perks. Now, new tiers of perks are unlocked, broadening the options for builds.

2. Introduced generic abilities between casts of main active.

3. Wrote mostly new trees, with perks that are buffs across the board.
  4. Paths now have a passive component.
  5. Before anyone ask, I am the only author, I use the "we" pronoun for style.

The Project is unlikely to be modified at this point in time, but feel free to comment and give feedback.

Have a great one.

Interesting ideas, I like the attention put into the suggestion for Vazarin, while some of the effects would still be underwhelming for gameplay, they seem very interesting either way. Some of the ability ideas bleed into other schools' areas of expertise or creative space, is this intended to show overlap of focus thought? Would like to see more growth in this exercise and look forward to reading more later.

4 hours ago, THEBOX96 said:

You sure put alot of work into this, and it looks interesting at first glace.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Urlan said:

Interesting ideas, I like the attention put into the suggestion for Vazarin, while some of the effects would still be underwhelming for gameplay, they seem very interesting either way. Some of the ability ideas bleed into other schools' areas of expertise or creative space, is this intended to show overlap of focus thought? Would like to see more growth in this exercise and look forward to reading more later.

Mhh could you give a specific example?

I am aware of a few perks that can overlap with other schools of Focus, and it doesn't bother me too much as long as it isn't the entire tree.

3 hours ago, DukeEvil said:

Just Wow.

At the moment i only use Zenurik, rarely the others. Sometimes Naramon for solo survivals.

But here I didnt knew what to take in first place, they all sound OP(and i like when its OP) and fun.

Good job!

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

This needs to happen :D
If DE puts this in the game, I would rank every school and would use them all really often. They all look really interesting :s
But, I have a question about SIMIS... Do they completely replace the first ability you obtain with the school? because I saw that some of them are toggles or something. 
I totally support your idea, and I hope DE reads this post and likes your ideas, because I do.

3 hours ago, (PS4)BrutalReaper32 said:

But, I have a question about SIMIS... Do they completely replace the first ability you obtain with the school? because I saw that some of them are toggles or something. 

No, they are distinct from the main ability and do not replace it.

Thank you for your support!

17 hours ago, Tzolkat said:

I like how much thought you put into this. I hope DE adopts at least some of the kinds of changes you propose, if not the whole thing.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, CuChulainnWD said:

It would be nice if you could dedicate a school to a warframe load out instead of having to manually change it every time between missions and frames.

As is I use only one school so it wouldn't affect me, but I don't see why not.

7 hours ago, (PS4)BrutalReaper32 said:

Does someone from DE knows about this already?

Only Rebecca has acknowledged it, as far as I know.

I took the decision that sending just one wee tweet for a 18 page long document was acceptable, and so tweeted to Steve and Scott. I have no idea if they'll read it, but it gives me a better feeling of closure than just hoping they came across it.