Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To [DE] regarding the Miter Anti-Nullifier-Field augment.

EmptyDevil

Please consider making that augment unrestricted to a single weapon but restricted to a specific weapon mechanic. I suggest making the augment apply to weapons with a charge mechanic. The augment could be change to the following:

When firing at max charge, chance to instantly pop Nullifier field 75%. +25% fire rate(to give it a use outside of one Corpus).

This would give the large number of weapons that suffer against Nullifiers a chance to counter it. Like the following:

- All bows

- Opticor

- Miter

- Ogris

- Drakgoon(arguable)

- Staticor

- Ballisticas

- Snipers(please consider these as well, DE. At a lower % chance.)

Edited by EmptyDevil

24 minutes ago, faiyde said:

+ sniper rifles

But I think having bubble popping as a mod is a bad way of going around it period. All these weapons should be at least a little better at taking them out by default.

Agreed. However, if DE wants to make an augment instead of giving them the innate ability, i'd like to put this suggestion out there. I feel like it's a really bad move to tie such a function to one specific weapon via augment.

2 hours ago, faiyde said:

+ sniper rifles

But I think having bubble popping as a mod is a bad way of going around it period. All these weapons should be at least a little better at taking them out by default.

There needs to be some level of punch through for Null Bubbles, even if it means damage reduction. Punishing slow firing weapons in nonsense.

IMHO Nullifiers should actually be removed from the game. It's just such an anti-fun mechanic - it pretty much forces you to always have at least one fast firearm.
If you wanna play stealhy build because you play per example spy mission on corpus tileset you also need to waste 1
slot in order to silence that firearm or take hikou, then you need to constantly swap weapons. This is not making game more challenging, this is just making it more annoying. But I, the DakraMaster Extraordinare, couldn't care less about firearms tho. 
DE, You've put so much effort into making melee viable, yet because of that one enemy full melee was way more viable in closed beta (way before the Galatine meta) than it is now. Why? Because you either need to take some weapon to burst through from distance(which goes aganist being sword alone and i feel sad when im going for additional weapon) or melee the bubble yourself risking you will lose your ability based buffs. So its pretty much better to just go in. However if I go in why should I even bother wasting energy for abilities?
This is just so stupid. Yeah, make corpus more offensive so they are not easier to beat than grinieer, but there are so many more ways to do that than kicking players in the balls (or boobs in my case, trust me, it's as painful)

Edited by PyongyangPrincess

honestly all weapon augments should be restricted to a single weapon mechanic rather than on a single weapon (with the possible exception of the hek one wich really hasn't any reason to even exist with the vaykor hek around now) seriously, how many people are going to bother with the bolto or embolist one? having them restricted to a single weapon is just plain stupid.

1 hour ago, PyongyangPrincess said:

IMHO Nullifiers should actually be removed from the game. It's just such an anti-fun mechanic - it pretty much forces you to always have at least one fast firearm.
If you wanna play stealhy build because you play per example spy mission on corpus tileset you also need to waste 1
slot in order to silence that firearm or take hikou, then you need to constantly swap weapons. This is not making game more challenging, this is just making it more annoying. But I, the DakraMaster Extraordinare, couldn't care less about firearms tho. 
DE, You've put so much effort into making melee viable, yet because of that one enemy full melee was way more viable in closed beta (way before the Galatine meta) than it is now. Why? Because you either need to take some weapon to burst through from distance(which goes aganist being sword alone and i feel sad when im going for additional weapon) or melee the bubble yourself risking you will lose your ability based buffs. So its pretty much better to just go in. However if I go in why should I even bother wasting energy for abilities?
This is just so stupid. Yeah, make corpus more offensive so they are not easier to beat than grinieer, but there are so many more ways to do that than kicking players in the balls (or boobs in my case, trust me, it's as painful)

^This

Although i might to mention aside from grineer's armor that can lower your damage output (unless you got 4x CP), corpus are already harder to beat. Even when nullifiers would be gone because of bursas, sappers and sniper-damage supra heroes.

3 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

^This

Although i might to mention aside from grineer's armor that can lower your damage output (unless you got 4x CP), corpus are already harder to beat. Even when nullifiers would be gone because of bursas, sappers and sniper-damage supra heroes.

corpus are already a joke so long as Mag exists. Remove nulifiers and she becomes even more of a literal delete button to them.

Just now, DarcnyssWolfe said:

corpus are already a joke so long as Mag exists. Remove nulifiers and she becomes even more of a literal delete button to them.

So nullifiers are there only to counter 1 overpowered ability? No. Remove them. Don't forget mag is already getting worked on and won't be a "press 2 2 instawin" anymore.

12 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

Please consider making that augment unrestricted to a single weapon but restricted to a specific weapon mechanic. I suggest making the augment apply to weapons with a charge mechanic. The augment could be change to the following:

When firing at max charge, chance to instantly pop Nullifier field 75%. +25% fire rate(to give it a use outside of one Corpus).

This would give the large number of weapons that suffer against Nullifiers a chance to counter it. Like the following:

- All bows

- Opticor

- Miter

- Ogris

- Drakgoon(arguable)

- Staticor

- Ballisticas

- Snipers(please consider these as well, DE.)

Sadly, I don't think the intention was to make a weapon that is viable for general combat AND helpful against Nullifier Bubbles, hence the fact that they chose one, if not THE, most useless weapons in the game to apply the augment to. The Miter isn't even good for Mid-Level play, forget end-game, and it would be insulting to suggest DE does not know that fact. So, I wouldn't hold my breath - just ride out this whole "Ability Blocking" game strategy until DE comes out with another idea to implement, because until they come up with something else - on their own (cuz they are not going to listen to us) - aint nuthin' gonna change but the wind...

Edited by magusat999

3 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

So nullifiers are there only to counter 1 overpowered ability? No. Remove them. Don't forget mag is already getting worked on and won't be a "press 2 2 instawin" anymore.

Mag and every other mass aoe ability, CC is king in end game, atleast corpus aren't blind to that like infested and grineer seem to be.

9 hours ago, DarcnyssWolfe said:

Mag and every other mass aoe ability, CC is king in end game, atleast corpus aren't blind to that like infested and grineer seem to be.

Well, I mean, the Grineer operate under the idea of "war of attrition" and blitzkrieg their way through things. Meanwhile, the Infested is, well, THE INFESTED!

I was completely in disbelief when DE announced that they'd release a bubble-popping augment.

It's as if they read all of the playerbase's feedback about Nullifier mechanics for the past year and a half, and understood all of the frustration that players face when dealing with them... before shouting "NO" into our faces and slamming the door shut.

All of that feedback, and... none of it sees the light of day. Instead, DE goes and does the one thing that could make the situation worse-- release another one-trick-pony bandaid mod that does nothing to improve the other 99% of weapons.

Should Nullifiers be more lenient against snipers and melee players? Should accurate shooting with marksman weapons be more effective than spray-and-pray against Nullifiers? Should the Miter be even remotely useful against more than one faction in the game?

Given the announcement of the new augment, it's looking like DE's answers to all of these questions is "no".

Edited by SortaRandom