The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I can get banned for no reason?

AnnoyingBanana

Lately seen stuff with false bans on reddit and youtube about "sharing accounts" because of same IP address. Seems like soon ill get one of that too, because Im using 4G internet and ISP is providing one IP address to around 200-300 clients and what's the chance that one of those clients arent playing warframe too? This sharing account thing suspension is actually ridiculous, because I kinda shared my account with my friend when I had problems and wasn't able to play the game, he logged into my account daily to receive daily login reward, craft some stuff and buy things from baro that I needed. And I believe that alot of active players have more than 1 WF account I personaly own 2, because I was kinda bored and wanted to play some quests again. Im writing this thing only because of these ridiculous banwaves lately and I have spent more than 1300 hours in this game and Im kinda scared of that Ill get ban for no reason.

First of all, before we get  cracking, I'd like to ask you about which stories you heard with regard to "false bans". 95% of the times bans given by DE are rightful bans and if not they'll be taken away asap. 

Secondly, there is no need to fear having 2 accounts playing on one IP. Just as long as you do not interact with them with regard to trading, buying platinum and trading that or giving mods etc it will be alright. 

DE just stated this rule so they can ban people who want to exploit the system by setting up more accounts. Besides that, they cannot check whether it is you playing or your housemate who needs to share your pc. So as long as the two accounts don't interact with each other you should be fine

3 minutes ago, InglriousB said:

First of all, before we get  cracking, I'd like to ask you about which stories you heard with regard to "false bans". 95% of the times bans given by DE are rightful bans and if not they'll be taken away asap. 

Secondly, there is no need to fear having 2 accounts playing on one IP. Just as long as you do not interact with them with regard to trading, buying platinum and trading that or giving mods etc it will be alright. 

DE just stated this rule so they can ban people who want to exploit the system by setting up more accounts. Besides that, they cannot check whether it is you playing or your housemate who needs to share your pc. So as long as the two accounts don't interact with each other you should be fine

Yea 95% of them are "rightful" only problem that support never seems to show proof of that "rightful" ban, which I believe the whole support is only one guy "[DE]Lex".

And about interactions between accounts which are used from same IP is kinda stupid too, I traded my friend some mods when he was in my house and used my internet. And what about if I have brother or sister that play the game too and maybe s/he need mod or prime part I have and because we share same IP I can't give it to him/her? What kind of bullcrap is this?

29 minutes ago, AnnoyingBanana said:

Yea 95% of them are "rightful" only problem that support never seems to show proof of that "rightful" ban, which I believe the whole support is only one guy "[DE]Lex".

And about interactions between accounts which are used from same IP is kinda stupid too, I traded my friend some mods when he was in my house and used my internet. And what about if I have brother or sister that play the game too and maybe s/he need mod or prime part I have and because we share same IP I can't give it to him/her? What kind of bullcrap is this?

First of all, when accusing the support team about making unrightful bans,please provide us with some proof to back up your statement. Did you get banned and did you think that was wrong? If so, then it's an issue between you and support. Was it someone you heard from? How can you be sure that it was unrightful?

I know the rule may be weird, but think about this:

What if I create 10-20 accounts besides my warframe account? I'll create them and open them every day. This increases my chances of getting 75% off on a daily basis, meaning DE will get a loss of profit. 

Also I keep 3 accounts seperately besides my main account and let them leech all the missions I run. Meaning that during events I'll get 4x the reward and the smash with void missions etc. 

This is called exploiting the game and isn't what DE, the players or any of us wants as it will throw the game into chaos. 

Yes it may be stupid if you got only one PC at your home, then again DE won't ban you for trading once, and if it happens you can explain. 

I'm actually surprised myself to see several ban notes popping out of nowhere. Reddits, Forums and even Youtube. But rarely any of them has given any insight or even communication whatsoever about the Support at hand, despite the detail of info they given out in the fly.

Right now, I'm curious with some players if they ever tried sending Support tickets or even communicate with the Support staff and tell us the progress if the system actually did miscalculate and eventually averted the whole shenanigan entirely.

While I did see a handful posts being successful, it isn't enough to bring a smile on my face if ever both sides actually made an agreement at all. And these handful are not even related to Trading or Account sharing.

If you get banned there is a reason for it. The ban may not be valid, but there was still a reason (personal experience here) 

The same IPs thing is to stop people farming stuff on multiple accounts in order to sell from one single account at a later point. 

Each individual device connected to the internet has its own address, and DE can see these in regards to logins. If you have two accounts that always connect from the same address at different times, only to have one switch addresses and then start interacting with the other, it is a red flag. 

Multiple accounts connecting from the same network isn't an issue. In my old flat 3 of us played the game, traded and nothing happened, because we all used our own pc's

Basically don't worry about getting banned based on your IP unless you are doing stuff that is banworthy.  

From what I read, I came to the following conclusion: 

You are or you have been banned and feel that this is unfair. If this is the case, please contact support for no one else here can help or give any assistance regarding this. 

You feel that the banning rules are not fair or even has a unproductive result. If this is the case, then I strongly suggest that you contact support or any admin for they can assist you in this.

Like said above:

"Basically don't worry about getting banned based on your IP unless you are doing stuff that is banworthy".

To start, no. Users are not banned solely for having multiple accounts access the game or accounts from the same IP. Alternate accounts are entirely allowed and DE understands that friends would like to play together in the same household/ area. There is a major, and obvious, difference between, say, a login reward farmer account designed to trade discounted Platinum to a main account, and a friend visiting.

Besides logging into someone else's account, (which you really shouldn't be doing as sharing login details violates the EULA) nothing you described would warrant or result in a ban.

5 hours ago, (PS4)IIIDevoidIII said:

To start, no. Users are not banned solely for having multiple accounts access the game or accounts from the same IP. Alternate accounts are entirely allowed and DE understands that friends would like to play together in the same household/ area. There is a major, and obvious, difference between, say, a login reward farmer account designed to trade discounted Platinum to a main account, and a friend visiting.

Besides logging into someone else's account, (which you really shouldn't be doing as sharing login details violates the EULA) nothing you described would warrant or result in a ban.

But what if I can't play game because I can't access pc with it and I need maintain login rewards and maybe something from Baro, whats wrong with that I give my account access to my friend and he does these things for me? Its like you can't drive friends car only because its not yours even if friend gave it to you? That EULA logic is bull...

5 hours ago, (PS4)IIIDevoidIII said:

I have a quick question; right now I'm running two accounts.  Mainly due to Warframe not having a "Hide Online Status" option and I'd like some alone time, but also because I wanted to try out the new player changes. 

Neither account interacts, but there are times where I'll log in on my main to run a Nitain alert and then log in the alt to run the same alert.  

Is this a bannable situation?

1 hour ago, AnnoyingBanana said:

But what if I can't play game because I can't access pc with it and I need maintain login rewards and maybe something from Baro, whats wrong with that I give my account access to my friend and he does these things for me? Its like you can't drive friends car only because its not yours even if friend gave it to you? That EULA logic is bull...

The sharing of accounts being against the EULA is there for a variety of reasons, including maintaining income and preventing abuse.

We can think of it in terms of a speed limit traffic law. In the dead of night, on a long and empty stretch of road, where noone is around, a cop will still pull you over and ticket you for going 60 in a 40, despite the argument that you aren't doing something that would harm anyone or disrupt the flow of traffic. It is a blanketed law/ ruling meant to protect above specific instances.

1 hour ago, Noamuth said:

I have a quick question; right now I'm running two accounts.  Mainly due to Warframe not having a "Hide Online Status" option and I'd like some alone time, but also because I wanted to try out the new player changes. 

Neither account interacts, but there are times where I'll log in on my main to run a Nitain alert and then log in the alt to run the same alert.  

Is this a bannable situation?

In this case, no. There is no sort of exploitation/ abuse here. Each account is earning its reward on its own time and they are progressing separately. It's perfectly fine.

1 hour ago, Valteria. said:

Have you guys even seen the posts he made during that toxic youtube war, stop wasting your time here

Who? Me? If yes then check my profile I wasn't active since december or something. And I heard something about mogamu and rexdex or smth like that

On 14.4.2016 at 8:15 AM, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Or you can get banned like me for a viable reason like having a bad day and saying inappropriate things on the forums...and trolling and......*list goes on*

Meh, you can get warned for a lot less.

On 14.4.2016 at 3:16 AM, Valteria. said:

Have you guys even seen the posts he made during that toxic youtube war, stop wasting your time here

Looked at his profile, didn't find anything. Would you give me an example?

16 hours ago, Skycook3y said:

Meh, you can get warned for a lot less.

Looked at his profile, didn't find anything. Would you give me an example?

I know, once I didn't know how the internet worked and thought i has to type out the code for a swear to make it not appear but the opposite happened and i got warned *shrug* I talked to the mod and tried to explain but i don't think they understood what happened, even i didn't for a while....all that coding for nothing*shift is broken*