Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lumped Together Mosh-Pit of Ideas I've had for too Long

Unus

Aheheha folks, it is accomplished! After many days of both reality and digital ""distractions"" alike competing for my attention, massive random losses of content due to Internet connection woes, and pure bs, I have FINALLY completed my next work!

BEHOLD, the Dotter Grineer of Venus (Down at the bottom of the page, the Cyan is the reading start point.)!

I know it doesn't seem like much, but, it is a concept I've had in my mind for years, one which had no place in Warframe till they made me an opening in the form of Venus.

Sincere apologies that it is towards the bottom of an already massive page, but, I felt that, since I already had a "Grineer variant section" why bloat the Pit when you can bloat a single article?

In any case, next up on the list is some renovations on Restless Depths due to insights gleaned from one of our resident veterans, a new set of Dotter Grineer skins for those of you feeling a bit tribal, and an Infested rifle born from inspiration gleaned by examining an umbrella (it's truly complicated).

Stick around if your still here folks, I ain't licked yet!

(Not trying to be narcissistic there, sorry.)

Edited by Unus

I didn't seem to see the Grineer Dotter as mentioned as scanning now (Due to work I have only brief time on the forum at the moment) , is it on the same post with Venus Corpus Shotgun?

Edited by Yhtmahyll

5 hours ago, Yhtmahyll said:

I didn't seem to see the Grineer Dotter as mentioned as scanning now (Due to work I have only brief time on the forum at the moment) , is it on the same post with Venus Corpus Shotgun?

OH, no madam, it is in "The Grineer Generations" at the bottom of the page. It begins at a Cyan label that says "Dotter". Apologies.

2 hours ago, Unus said:

OH, no madam, it is in "The Grineer Generations" at the bottom of the page. It begins at a Cyan label that says "Dotter". Apologies.

I've checked out, the whole thing is quite large, probably needed sometimes to read about it and I may give out some thoughts.

'Factions lore' is my favourite thing in warframe, somehow.

37 minutes ago, Yhtmahyll said:

I've checked out, the whole thing is quite large, probably needed sometimes to read about it and I may give out some thoughts.

'Factions lore' is my favourite thing in warframe, somehow.

Ah, take your time madam, if you wish to read it anyway. The Dotter were the new addition I was working on, NEVER expected someone to wish to make the full beginning to end trip up there all of the sudden.

If that's so, then you might be happy to know that the one before and after that are ones for the Corpus and Infested respectively.

• 2 weeks later...

To 
Eclectic Viewers of the Pit

From
Unus

I must dearly apologize for a current content drought going on. Rest assured, there are concepts to be had slowly churning through the sewer pipe that is my creation process, I just seem to be suffering from a frustrating clog in said pipe called "lonely melancholy". Despite quite clear assurances by the view-counter that folks still exist in the double digits who actually read my work, the nagging umbral shade known as "Is it honestly even worth it if I can't speak with others about it or their work?" still lurks inside, stemming progress on my Dotter Gun skin-work with it's sheer corpulence and effort.

I know your still out there though folks, and I still have it in me to keep going, I just need time to strangle this thrice-demed personal demon Homer Simpson style before pipe-snaking it back into the depths where it belongs.

(The ells with all these sewer analogies? Forget getting my mind out of the gutter.)

With sincerity
Your Ever-Toiling Jester-Scribe
Unus

Post 381

(Conceived circa 5/6/2018 at 18:12-19:12, Completed circa 6/4/2018 at 20:31)

(DEM IT, lost it once.)

Alrighty folks, now for some weapon skins for the Dotter! Just feels like leaveing the brat, snipe, and lex as they are would just be lazy and unthematic. Here we go.

Dotter Grineer Gun-Skins

Dotter Braton-

"Kitbashed together from whatever can be found under the autonomous vat's watchful eyes."

Spoiler

Aesthetic=

Part scrimshaw, part garbage salvage, and part trial-and-error, the dotter Braton is a mockery of the gilded firearm it is based off of. The butt-stock is a Grineer hipbone that has been sawed in half and rearranged so that it encloses the rear of the weapon, held on by a bolt on each side hammered through each ischium into the wrought metal body. The metal butt-end merges into a filthy white primitive plastic body, with misshapen metal lumps on either side housing blue lighting fixtures that are smudged with dirt and muck to the point that the light emitted from them barely shines through. Instead of a gilded rail system, a large floating rib has been put into place and stretched so that it fulfills the same purpose. The top of it has been carefully scrimshawed into an iron-sight, with the beginning and end of the sighting section delineated by a set of lumbar vertebrae who have had their spurious processes embedded into the gun. Leather, metal, and bone tribal fetishes and bangles dangle from the forward and back sections of the rail in order to to empathize the Dotter' tribal nature.

The bottom hand-grip section is a chunk of scrap metal that has been hammered repetitively onto the plastic body until it vaguely resembles the one on the Braton prime, with the trigger being a blunted bolt bent to allow for "safe" trigger-pulling capability. Two small ribs act as a tiny shroud of sorts to cover the snub barrel. The magazine for the weapon is the same as the original braton mark 1's, just heavily battered and scratched with age. As an added aesthetic effect, the muzzle flash and firing sound of the weapon are variable in a certain range between shots in order to simulate the use of haphazardly crafted and undiscerningly salvaged ammunition.

Dotter Snipetron-

"Crude, but effective, just like it's makers."

Spoiler

Aesthetic= 

An adaptation of a weapon commonly wielded against them by Corpus-hired mercenary groups, the Dotter version of the snipertron functions much the same as its technological cousin but with a decidedly more ramshackle constructive process. The barrel consists of a a heavy metal pipe that has been worked obsessively until it functions as a rifled barrel, shrouded on the top and bottom by two hammered-till-bent slabs of sheet metal. The barrel has been tipped with a Barton's actual barrel tip, spot-welded on in a rare feat of technological use. The body is actually an Orokin container sideways, squashed down and configured into the actual body of the weapon, complete with a magazine port for housing the battered bullet containers it accepts. The scope along the top is, similar to the barrel, a small length of pipe with a lens capped onto both ends.

Around the lenses, two halves of the upper part of a Grineer skull sit in place, split evenly down the middle so that each eye socket snugly holds the scope inside. A nail is hammered into the bone on each scope end to hold both the split skull in place and to act as the reticule for aiming at distant targets, creating a dusk-tinted and grimy upside-down "German no 1" sight picture. The hand grip is a lever, ripped from some unsalvageable machine with wires still dangling down below. Some of these wires have been tied together to hold tribal fetishes off glass, metal, and bone. The butt-stock is the lower half of a Corpus crate, melted onto the Orokin one by sheer heat exposure, leaving it's connection points raw and marred by molten metal that has rapidly cooled in Venus' chill. A loop of cable has been fed through the weapon from left to right, housing yet more tribal fetishes, commonly of finger-bones and eye-sockets to impart blessings of accuracy and steadiness on the wielder. They occasionally clatter together as the user stops moving. Like the dotter Braton, the muzzle-flash and firing sound of the dotter snipetron are variable in a certain range due to a lack of "quality control" checking in the frozen wasteland.

Dotter Paris

"Sophistication, even among squalor."

Aesthetic = 

Spoiler

The Dotter Paris appears to be stuck at an interstitial transition between the primitive manual bow of old earth and the technological rail-bows of Orokin manufacture. In truth, it can function as either, though it acts most efficiently when both systems are in working order. The bow portion is of the compound variety, with both of the circular pulleys of the system housing a dirty set of magnets. A length of the internals of some metallic wiring, interwoven back together and likely ripped from some fallen machine somewhere, have been strung tightly between the pulleys, carefully custom made to actually have the ability to draw and release arrows like a bow-string should. A set of heavy batteries are nested inside the top and bottom portions above and below the hand-grip.

At the midsection of the custom bowstring is a metal finger hold of sorts. As the wielder grips it and pulls back on the string, a signal is sent that causes surges of power to emit from the batteries along wires in the frame to the magnets in order properly polarize them and aid in the drawing of the bowstring. Because of insulation faults, sparks scatter to the left and right occasionally when it is pulled taut as the weapon itself groans and creaks under the stress it takes to pull it. The arrows it utilizes are crude in construction, being little more then chunks of vehicular scrap that have been repeatedly hammered at high temperatures into a swordlike shape, had their tips fire-hardened, and their rears fletched with broken bits of plastic. Though their primitive nature would suggest fragility, their material consistency and the projection system more then compensates.

Dotter Lex

" Simple, brutal, and short."

Aesthetic=

Spoiler

The Dotter Lex barely has any similarities to it's Orokin counterpart, being a piece that was made to emulate it's actual function then it's aesthetic shape. It is the grip of a power-tool, sawed off at the top to house a small section of piping and with a hollowed out bottom to fit a magazine. A broken off small piston towards the rear of the pipe acts as the action for the weapon, needing to be pulled back with two fingers after a full fresh magazine is inserted, revealing the actual heavy round in the chamber from the side before the slide snaps back into place. Unlike the Orokin and standard Lex, the Dotter Lex is much louder and belches significant amounts of gun smoke with each shot, as, to emulate the effects of the "proper" version, the Dotter hand-load as much of their low-quality gunpowder into each casing as physically possible.

PHEW! FINALLY finished! Goddem that weird period of ennui was annoying! Hopefully you folks can actually read the whole skin set, I poured my heart and SOUL into this bit!

Edited by Unus

Excellent news folks! At long last, after months of neglect, the front page now has an accurate vote count for all voted-upon Pit Projects. Finally, folks can get a slightly better at-a-glance view of what my apparently best pieces are, which ones are at least passingly acceptable, and which ones. . well. . .exist.

Enjoy folks! I'm gonna be adjusting grammar and proofreading some of my pieces for a bit afore working on my next weapon piece.

Edited by Unus

Post 382

(Conceived circa 5/22?/2018 at early ?:?? P.M. Completed circa 6/13/2018 at 10:42.)

Interesting ideas coming from absolutely miscellaneous places, sbeen a while since I had anything in that category, but, lo-and-behold, it happened. Most difficult part ended up being what it shot happily enough, meaning this would have been done long ago had it not been for the Dotter Craze.

Designation= Bronchioid.

Weapon Designation= Rifle, Discharge-Type.

Manufacturer= A small and nameless Tenno enclave, consisting of a like-minded set of Larundites, Kronians, and Orcites dedicated to coaxing beauty from ugliness.

Statistical Breakdown:

Damage= 24 Gas.

Projectile= Discharge (Asbestic Cloud).

Accuracy= "100%" (Due to it's sweeping discharge pattern.).

Cyclic Rate-of-Fire= 12.

Critical Chance= 11.5%.

Critical Damage= 2.0X.

"P.R.O.C." Chance= 30%.

Magazine= 85 "round" organic reservoir in the trigger houseing.

Reload Speed= (Break off rear grip-trigger-reservoir with bony crunch, capillary tendrils are revealed and begin to wave around like exploratory worms, swap out for fresh grip-trigger-reservoir, present g-s-p to capillary tendrils, capillary tendrils make contact with it and "feel" it before connecting to it and drawing it from the wielder's hand, bone heals seamlessly into place, grip g-s-p and assume firing stance.).

Trigger= Held-Charge.

Mastery Rank Requisite= 4

Polarity= None

Special Trait(s):

Autonomous Respiration= 

Firing Restrictions = Reduced.

Thanks to it's user-friendly construction and it's biological basis, the Bronchioid is capable of continuing to fire no matter what the state of the user is. Be they knockdown, stunned, running at high speed, leaping through the air, or otherwise preoccupied, the Bronchioid is still fully capable of being charged and fired as normal.

Appearance:

Compared to the grotesque appearance of most Infested weaponry, the bronchioid has a significantly greater aesthetic appeal in it's design. The body is long, and torpedo-like, with a vegetative forest-green body sheen alongside several verdant yellow stripes, culminating in a nozzle-like proboscis on one end and a woody/bony grip on the other end consisting of a c curve with an orange growth as a trigger on the inside. Behind the proboscoid front end is an area of reddish-pink elastic growth, somewhere between fruitlike and lunglike in appearance which slowly moves inward and outward in shallow "breaths". Shallow sections on each side where the breathing can be seen are contained between hard walls of organic mass that seem almost vegetable like.

When preparing to fire, the user grasps an clitellum-like grip in the middle and restricts the "breathing" motions, causing the area behind it to begin to bloat in a ballonlike manner on the left and right sides. After charging for a period of time the user finds sufficient (or on reaching full pressure), the user releases this middle area, causing a noxious cloud of asbestos vapor to roar forth from the proboscis as it turns from left to right in it's socket in broad sweeping motions. Behind the swelling area is a set of four orange and lightly veined back-bent projecting fins on the top, bottom, left and right . The top is the only one that differs, in that a groove runs down the middle of the fin, through the swelling area, along one of the hard ridges, and right to the proboscis barrel. 

"Basic" Description:

Though the Tenno value their ability to intimidate almost any soul in the Sol-Origin System by mere presence alone, such power has it's price when operating among the civilian population, especially when using Infested weaponry against Infested in problem zones. Believing in the power of aesthetics to inspire a feeling of hope instead of fear when they tread amongst the common people, as well as the power of a job swiftly done, several Tenno artisans from among the relay's many clans came together to assemble a weapon that was as pleasing to the eye as it was to the kill-tally maker. Focusing on the beauty of nature and it's calming effect on most viewers, the artisans worked tirelessly to convert raw infested tissue into an aesthetically pleasing shape, lopping off a stray boil here or guiding a growth there with the application of tourniquets, guiding rods, and liberal use of raw muscle to bend and twist it into place. After painstaking weeks of argument, abject failure, and revision after revision, the first "perfect"(with a bare minimum of complaint from all sides at any rate) copy of the weapon was born, the template for which all future models would be born from as a weapon who's eye-pleasing faux-floral nature did not sacrifice it's killing potential.

And there we have it, my umbrella inspirational piece at last! DEFINITELY not one of my best, given it's "aesthetics first, mechanics after" nature, but, as with all my designs, once it reaches a certain design point, the boulder gains it's own momentum. The NEXT piece, however, has much more going for it mechanically speaking, of that, I can assure you.

Edited by Unus

Post 383

(Snafu-launch circa 6/13/2018 at 10:??)

(Conceived circa 6/9/2018 at ??:?? late A.M.-Early P.M. Completed circa 9/20/2018 at 23:19)

((Goddem it, my trip to Universal Studios resulted in an accidental "butt submission". Heh, Pit professionalism at it's finest right? On with the show!))

This one comes in from a longgggg car ride with plenty of time to cogitate on details and aesthetics. A bit unorthodox, but, as always, why even bother otherwise? Showtime!

Designation: Suppressetron

Weapon Designation: Sniper Ammo.

Manufacturer: Beekloud Marketing Security, Hale Crater Division, Mars.

Statistical Breakdown:

Damage= 18 Electric for blaster mode and 20 Electric for crowd-control mode.

Projectile= Special (the bolts the drones fire are projectiles, the drones themselves have projectile qualities, and the "rad-field" mode for the drones is a radial hit-scan effect.)

Accuracy= Special (Wherever the 25 meter-capped aiming beam is aimed, the drones will fire at it as long as they have line-of-sight to it, be it deployed or used "from the gun". The random-but-extremely-rapid-fire nature of the radial discharge mode effectively makes it "accurate", but only via sheer quantity.)

Cyclic Rate-of-Fire=Starting at 8.66 capping out at 15.0 for blaster mode and 11.0 steady for crowd-control mode.

Critical Chance= 8.5%

Critical Damage= 2.0

"P.R.O.C." Chance= 35.7%

Magazine= 80 charge Special (Both drones function off of a stored replenishing fusion core and do not need to be "reloaded" per-say as long as time is taken for the core to spin back up between barrages. If charge is completely depleted however, the drones drop inert to the ground and must be reconstituted by the gun from it's ten "round" storage.)

Reload Speed= Special ( If the drones' power supplies are fully exhausted without giving them cool-off time, it takes 3.8 till the on-board minifacturer can spit out two new models. Aside from that, the drones regain 0.5 charge per second after a 2.0 second delay.)

Trigger= Special (Slight spin-up before automatic fire for blaster mode, auto-discharge for crowd-control mode.).

Mastery Rank Requisite= 8

Polarity= None.

Special Trait(s):

Modal Switch:

Pressing the reload button will cause the drones to switch modes.

Blaster Mode=

Safety Limiter-

The weapon's twined drones will NOT fire in blaster mode unless the laser designator is aimed at a target and the trigger is depressed. Doing so will result in an alternating barrage of plasma bolts that quickly scale up into a duel-firing thunderstorm of suppressing fire.

Crowd Control Mode=

Suppression Field-

In Crowd Control mode, the drones will emit a radial 25 meter field of crackling electrical energy that automatically "aims" at foes that enter the field, up to a maximum of three at once. Critical hits are impossible to land in this mode.

Placement=

Aiming at an area and pulling the trigger will command the drones to travel to that area. They will only fire on targets that they can see highlighted by the beam in blaster mode, but they will still emit their electric field every time and as long as the trigger is pulled and energy remains. Tapping aim will call them back to their pods on the gun

Appearance: 

As is almost always the case with Corpussian firearms, the suppressetron's construction is both utilitarian and manufacturer friendly in design. The hand grip for the weapon is simply one big hollow "military tan" emerging from the gun an angle with a smooth section on the wielder's side that passes as a hand grip. The trigger is odd, being a button attached to a metal rod that goes back into the gun through a tiny form-fitting hole. Depressing the button till it touches the gun's surface triggers both the laser and the command for the drones to discharge. This grip seamlessly merges with the rectangular aquamarine body, with two sideways cylinders located in it's middle one on top of the other with a gap between them.

Towards the front end the cylinders disappear, replaced with a smooth aquamarine bumpy polymer texture. Two circular bulges sit on either side of the body, each with a small rectangular blinking orange light offset in the middle and colored unequally down the middle, with a small aquamarine portion on one side and a larger "military tan" portion on the other. When aiming the weapon, the bumps unscrew in a quick motion and hinge downward revealing the pear-shaped drones sitting in the lids. The drones themselves then unscrew in opposite directions and have their tops push up, revealing their "floor-tiled" middles studded with dozens of tiny orange lights. A small metal barrel slides down from the lid and articulates into place and then the drones launch off in a spurt of orange fire, hovering on either side of the weapon. When switching to crowd control mode, the barrel slides back into the top of the drone and the "tiles" on the drone begin to move up and down in undulating, almost liquid waves, with orange electricity jumping between each conductive light and sometimes randomly discharging off into empty space or onto the other drone. When a foe gets into range, they are immediately used as a lightning rod and fried with a continuous stream of buzzing orange lightning.

"Basic" Description= 

Created as a riot management weapon for the Board's powerful union-busting storm troopers, the suppressetron is as effective at eliminating the leaders of demonstrations as it is at pushing back the rabble with lethal electrical force. Carefully designed with some of the most powerful communications equipment available to Conglomerate technicians, the connection between the gun and it's drone experiences near-zero latency command-wise, allowing for on-the-fly adjustment to the rapidly changing conditions of civil disorder. Though only specifically contracted for use by the Board of Director's independent retinues (and at a deficit at that), wily opportunistic marketeers have been known to try to boost revenue by under-tabled underworld wheeling and dealing, with the potential cost being potential liquidation of both the physical and corporate sense. While a rarity in the modern day, leaks from the early days have inevitably resulted in a string of independent forgeries, often times ironically wielded as defensive measures by paramilitary rioters on the outskirts of Corpus space.

(spoiler)

Anndddd there! It took me coming down with an absolutely horrendous half-face-afflicting ear infection to have the time to finish, but, at long last, the butt-dialing mistake has been rectified (oops accidental pun)! Now, let's see if I can get the Sentient weapon I have up-coming off the ground WITHOUT another "rear entry" being made, shall we? Onwards!

Edited by Unus

I have to say, your commitment to keep updating this page for two whole years is just outright inspiring.
Edit: I've been reading your ideas for the factions-in-the-factions and I may have some feedback but it's too late rn, tomorrow (if I remember it) I'll read the rest and post my opinions

Edited by Yanzoo
Added edit

6 hours ago, Yanzoo said:

I have to say, your commitment to keep updating this page for two whole years is just outright inspiring.
Edit: I've been reading your ideas for the factions-in-the-factions and I may have some feedback but it's too late rn, tomorrow (if I remember it) I'll read the rest and post my opinions

OH, wow, uh, thanks sir/mam! I was almost expecting "exercise in madness", but, "inspiring" is. . . just. . . wow!

Take your time sir/mam! Just the fact you posted to me has been quite energizing as is, but your thoughts would be a lovely keepable bow on top! Optional, but by no means a necessity.

Right, I'll be going from the top:
First the Corpus factions.
The Orwellian faction is very interesting, but the name could be changed to something else. One good trick for creative naming is to take a name that already exists and change a little bit on it, still evoking the same idea but without it being too blatant (for example: Eragon is just Dragon but with an E as the the first letter).
Something like the "Corpellios" would already be a tid bit better than just orwellian.
The title of the leader is pretty good, I'd keep it, maybe have one of the already existing corpus characters as the leader of the faction, I'm not sure.
The Bethknite leader can have a different title, something more along the lines of Kingpin instead of C.E.O, apart from that the Bethknite faction sounds pretty well rounded already.
Now for the Grineer.
It would be rather interesting to see these different generational gaps all have their own "identity", the New Bluds could have many of their soldiers use various armor pieces from fallen comrades tacked with their own. Grem seem to be more defined on their 'personality' with the wonds having their areas blackened and trigger fingers blackened when gathering a lot of kills, I wouldn't change much about them. The Starborn Brigade sounds more like the "standard" super obedient soldiers, so there wouldn't be much of a 'culture' for them, rather that they'd be much more organized, color palletes matching almost perfectly and such. Now, the Dotter tribes would be somewhat like the defecting grineer that go to the Steel Meridian, since they do not follow the queens. As such, they'd probably use weapons from all factions, as well as garner their suits and armor with orokin reliquary and reamainders of the other factions that got into their way.
The infested strains are interesting, but I think they could be expanded a bit, same with the corpus; with our corpy bois you could add a mainly space farring faction focused on scavenging orokin reliquary and raiding enemy bases.
All and all those were some great ideas, I wish I wasn't such a slob to learn how to draw, just so I could add some art to the concepts.

10 hours ago, Yanzoo said:

Right, I'll be going from the top:
First the Corpus factions.
The Orwellian faction is very interesting, but the name could be changed to something else. One good trick for creative naming is to take a name that already exists and change a little bit on it, still evoking the same idea but without it being too blatant (for example: Eragon is just Dragon but with an E as the the first letter).
Something like the "Corpellios" would already be a tid bit better than just orwellian.
The title of the leader is pretty good, I'd keep it, maybe have one of the already existing corpus characters as the leader of the faction, I'm not sure.
The Bethknite leader can have a different title, something more along the lines of Kingpin instead of C.E.O, apart from that the Bethknite faction sounds pretty well rounded already.
Now for the Grineer.
It would be rather interesting to see these different generational gaps all have their own "identity", the New Bluds could have many of their soldiers use various armor pieces from fallen comrades tacked with their own. Grem seem to be more defined on their 'personality' with the wonds having their areas blackened and trigger fingers blackened when gathering a lot of kills, I wouldn't change much about them. The Starborn Brigade sounds more like the "standard" super obedient soldiers, so there wouldn't be much of a 'culture' for them, rather that they'd be much more organized, color palletes matching almost perfectly and such. Now, the Dotter tribes would be somewhat like the defecting grineer that go to the Steel Meridian, since they do not follow the queens. As such, they'd probably use weapons from all factions, as well as garner their suits and armor with orokin reliquary and reamainders of the other factions that got into their way.
The infested strains are interesting, but I think they could be expanded a bit, same with the corpus; with our corpy bois you could add a mainly space farring faction focused on scavenging orokin reliquary and raiding enemy bases.
All and all those were some great ideas, I wish I wasn't such a slob to learn how to draw, just so I could add some art to the concepts.

That's fair. In all honesty, both factions are named after the authors of two genres. George Orwell created dystopian fiction, while Bruce Bethke created the cyberpunk genre. One side leans towards dystopian tactics, while the other is more the hedonism behind extreme technology personified.

OH, many of them do have personality, it's just that, many times, it never quite makes it into the text wall. The New Bluds, for example, I never put in their equipment descriptions. It's all squeaky clean, you could almost smell the fresh coat of paint on their armor. Their guns still have that factory sparkle to them that their battleworn mainliner brothers and battered/broken grem cousins have long since lost.

I agree with you there about the Brigade. They all have slightly different variants of "cosmic" camouflage, a starry deep-space Sky with a nebula in it, the stars and nebulas' colors being the only variations.

Oh, that's the fun of the Dotter! They are really tribal, yet they have this vague flair for tech that is really "blink and you'll miss it". Think "meticulously built slowly moving garbage sculptures of Orokin taskmasters, bones and junk adorning apparently prime weapons, that sort of thing. The biggest thing about them is that, because there aren't any large native game animals native to Venus (in this anyway) they get all the bones and leather they need from their dead, vat rejects, invasion fatalities, or otherwise. Skull helms, leather coats, tunics, the works.

I've considered it, but, most of my Infested work tends to go towards new units. The closest thing to a unique infested group I have is the Gunge over in "Restless Depths".

As for raiders? That would be my work over on the two Tower Lobes. One of them is basically a big organized mob of slaves other-faction units who show up to raid and abduct the living.

It is okay sir/mam! You actually talking about them can be just as valuable as a pretty up-and-coming piece for the wall sir/mam.

Just a friendly memo as I slowly pass out into a diseased stupor that my previously "half-bake launched" riot gun, the Suppressetron, is now officially complete and released! As soon as I'm well enough to think again, a Sentient weapon will be slowly trickling down the pipeline just afterwards.

See you folks soon and stay in good health!

Alright folks, after a period of feeling like death was upon me, I think my recovery is finally on the horizon. Time to fill you folks in on the current game-plan.

1. I'm currently going through the process of finally, FINALLY completeing the story of the Sentient Saga and finally introducing the Golden Ones to all of you as Sentient variants.

2. Completeing 1. Will allow me to work on my next Sentient-weapon project in all it's quirky glory.

Thats what I have right now folks. Wish me luck! It ain't gettin any easier for me to create anything really interesting. Guess it's kinda like show-biz. Hope I don't do any kinda "shark-jump episode" any time soon.

To my Pit Viewers

AGH! Demit demit demit quintuple demit! In the process of informing you few folks who still remain about the current gameplan, I completely forgot to link back to the area where the work is being done renovations-wise. Apologies!

HERE is the link to the final section of the Sentient Saga. I had to move straight on to the unit types and appearances due to the frozen state of completeing the last story, but, slowly and surely, it's getting done. Just need to slap myself a bit back into sorts and focus again!

-Unus.

Alright folks, I'm happy to report any and all Sentient variants are completed for my Sentient Saga section for the Teocuitlatl Coconeh! It took some real mind boggling to come up with the varying cultures and breeds that would inhabit the Zeri-3 post-succession, but, done it I have! Now, all I need is to complete the story of the last chapter of the saga and I'll finally be able to scrub off that annoying (UNFINISHED!) I have slapped on the front.

Oh, and to house the three cultures and their variants in their own spoiler boxes, but, that's for when I have the "precision tools" available to me.

See you folks soon! Enjoy the Tenno Convention reveals!

Alright folks, here's the news.

For some unholy reason, I can't seem to go forward with my other project pieces until I finish the Sentient Saga, but, at the same time, there is a writer's block sitting on top of the Sentient Saga which isn't getting out of the way. I'm going to push as hard as I can until it's done, but, until then, things may be a bit silent around here. Sincere apologies to those who read my work and were hoping for a fresh launch of new material soon.

As a final brighter note, I managed to complete a bit of sprucing up of the units in the Sentient Saga third roster, linked in the entry above this one. Should be slightly less painful and much more grammatically clean to go through.

See you in what I hope to be a short while folks, doncha just hate those dry spells that come when thinking?. . . only me? Shoot.

Edited by Unus

ALRIGHT, that is IT!

Seeing as I can't seem to get anything passively, this time, I SWEAR to you folks that I WILL complete the Sentient Saga today and I WILL move on to the piece of Sentient Gear. If I don't honor this oath, I'll. . . . . uh. . . BE VERY CROSS WITH MYSELF! 

Yeah, I'll go with that.

• Like 1

Just checked your sentient stuff, I gotta say I love your works trying to flesh things out in the universe here. If anything, the use of Aztec name is a nice touch. Sentient seemed to take a lot from mesoamerican culture a lot, from their designs, to reference to Popol Vuh/Mayan mythology. I acknowledge that two cultures are different in many ways, but since it is Warframe, historical names are taken into naming something in a completely new context.

Seems like Sentients have some form of culture and faith, which feels really 'alien' yet understandable, and perhaps the form the take means something to them as posted. I really need to see what DE has up their sleeves in the new war

Edited by Yhtmahyll

12 hours ago, Yhtmahyll said:

Just checked your sentient stuff, I gotta say I love your works trying to flesh things out in the universe here. If anything, the use of Aztec name is a nice touch. Sentient seemed to take a lot from mesoamerican culture a lot, from their designs, to reference to Popol Vuh/Mayan mythology. I acknowledge that two cultures are different in many ways, but since it is Warframe, historical names are taken into naming something in a completely new context.

Seems like Sentients have some form of culture and faith, which feels really 'alien' yet understandable, and perhaps the form the take means something to them as posted. I really need to see what DE has up their sleeves in the new war

Yeah, I kinda went all-inclusive with mesoamerican cultures in order to make it a sort of "misremebered medley" blended together into one whole style.

Always potential for it mam! Big reason why I dug into this in the first place prior to the war. So many different ways they could bend and twist these entities, I simply had to explore them all at once as in-depth as possible. Annoyed its taken me two years to finally build up to conclude my last Sentient Saga idea.  

My fellow Tenno, brothers and sisters, it may be an hour later then my self-given quota, but, at long last, after two years of languishing in incomplete squalor, the Sentient Saga draws to a close. I almost shed a tear at the revelation of being finished with the story, but, with it done, I am now free to blaze a trail of killing machines well into the future of the Pit, perhaps even foes and items as The New War begins and Venus opens up to us. 

Enough of my musing! For your viewing pleasure fellow Tenno, I give you the full Sentient Saga, from their origins in the Sol-Origin System, to the modern day as I thought to interprete it so very long ago prior to so much information being revealed to us. Enjoy.

Tale 1, Qualia 1: The Pantheon of the Tocoltzitzhuan (Lotus and Hunhow's Group).

Tale 2, Qualia 2: The Ordering of the Miltquitque (The Sentients Inhabiting Tau). (When reading the units piece for this one, I recommend listening to This)

Tale 3, Qualia 3: The Succession of the Teocuitlat Coconeh (A Race Caught Between)

And now, at last, on to the Sentient Switchgun! See you soon folks, MUCH sooner then THIS was anyway.

Edited by Unus

We interrupt this gun-crafting delay to bring you SUDDEN ART DONATION by Ms. Yhtmahyll!

Like Mr. Mako and his ability to make magic from the mush within my skull, Ms. Yhtmahyll has managed to conjure up an image of the surface of the Void World of Spatali in all it's haunting splendor! More a tileset then an open world, since it was born prior to their existence, not sure if i'll tinker with it for that or not. All I know for sure is, as always, i'm as giddy as a school boy that another kindly soul has once again graced me with quality artistry, two years on into her continued existence. What was once my ""mere"" passion project has suddenly become a surprise group effort of mindboggling proportions.

Much thanks to Her! 

And see you all soon with the Sentient Switchgun (Goddem name proves illusive compared to .. well. . . almost everything else mechanically speaking)!