Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lumped Together Mosh-Pit of Ideas I've had for too Long

Unus

17 hours ago, Unus said:

The silence was only broken when, after months of stagnation and snail's crawl progress, the Tenno Council proposed that (or, rather, forced through furious saber rattleing and questions of honor) the schools work on a weapon to embody this grief that had taken hold of their hearts. Though a longshot, the Schools' hunger for new creations beat out on the pain of losing the Lotus, and, through somewhat awkward communication between the schools and much friction between egos, the Ala was born. 

Aaaanyway, what I was getting at in that last part was that seeing the Tenno be characterized as a faction is something that's always felt missing. So that adds a unique twist to the lore here.

17 hours ago, Unus said:

Reload Time= .3 seconds per cartridge, 1.8 in total (Pull on front of weapon, pull barrel up to expose cylinder, feed round into cylinder, repeat till cylinder is full, relatch barrels, push barrel back into cylinder, pull back hammer, assume firing stance.)

So what I'm getting here is that this seems like a double barrel revolver I've done that before. =D Though yours calls to mind a number of weirder things. Such as:

NxYiZzs.jpg

main-qimg-105da29e5e53aaa2baa63ddae14375

(This wasn't quite what I was going for but close enough)

There's also something even more bizarre that this reminds me of, with these three triangular cylinders, but I don't know how to find it.

17 hours ago, Unus said:

Outwardly, the Ala is very much a Tenno creation, it's coloring mostly consisting of a bluish shade of silver on the metallic portions and a burnt blackish brown on the three-depressioned grip. The cylinder is a set of six hexagons connecting to each other around a center cylinder, all done up in the Corpus styleing and with lotus-flower color lights (lotus flower purple, energy colored) on the "final chambers" of the cylinder (if the gun is loaded properly). These lights shut off the moment the last bullets exit their chambers, indicating the imminent need for a reload. The hammer in the back is an elegantly bent tennobet sword, and is built to spark off both chambers with one blow. The top barrel is very grinic in styleing, all stamped metal and phallic shapeing, yet retains the textureing and sheen typical of the Tenno's metalwork.

Hybridized weaponry! Neat! Always cool to watch how faction tech can unexpectedly interact.

17 hours ago, Unus said:

Mr. Wolf? If your out there, enjoy!

...waaaaaait. What did I do?

6 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Aaaanyway, what I was getting at in that last part was that seeing the Tenno be characterized as a faction is something that's always felt missing. So that adds a unique twist to the lore here.

So what I'm getting here is that this seems like a double barrel revolver I've done that before. =D Though yours calls to mind a number of weirder things. Such as:

NxYiZzs.jpg

main-qimg-105da29e5e53aaa2baa63ddae14375

(This wasn't quite what I was going for but close enough)

There's also something even more bizarre that this reminds me of, with these three triangular cylinders, but I don't know how to find it.

Hybridized weaponry! Neat! Always cool to watch how faction tech can unexpectedly interact.

...waaaaaait. What did I do?

The last time I felt some modern Tenno flavor was through the Zephyr suit's story. Beyond that, I kinda have to agree.

A revolver within a revolver eh? Heh, whatta thing. Could pretend your revolvers empty, show em the empty cylinder, then pop em with the hidden cylinder load inside, hehe.

So. . uh. . .ya pull it open to fill the cylinder?

For some reason, when you mentioned that, the Puckle gun came to mind with its whole "Square bullets for Muslims, round bullets for Christians" shenanigans. What your thinking of t compare to my hexagonal connected cylinders though. . . uh. . . .was it the "Trounds"?

It actually came later in the project! But, its certainly opened up a gateway of possibilities for me, I gotta say!

Oh, just threw that i when I remembered how you liked revolvers sall.

HEYA folks! Excuse me for my lack of updating at the moment, but, I've gone on a bit of a sabbatical for the moment, partially due to being skull-punched by a hay-fever and partially due to a decision to creatively refresh myself in another series at the moment, in the form of Warhammer.

This isn't me "Abandoning the Pit for Greener Pastures" or some other apocalyptic event, but, rather, keeping myself from burning out. I deeply enjoy warframe, I just don't want to become so completely mono-manically focused that I lose the ability to do other works as well. Variety, you know?

Report aside, have I got a treat for you folks! Mr. HugintheCrow has taken time out of his busy schedule to provide the Pit with yet ANOTHER donation of art! Always brings a mental tear down me cheek how folks still care enough to make some time out of their day to turn my bullshet into. . uh. . .beneficent? Bah, on with the show!

Some lovely flesh on the mutated bones of the Dotter Grineer over in the Grineer Generations.

Dotter Ballista by HugintheCrowDA
Dotter Feral Hulk by HugintheCrowDA
Dotter Tamed Hulk by HugintheCrowDA
Dotter Gun-Hulk by HugintheCrowDA
Dotter Firekeeper by HugintheCrowDA

Edited by Unus

I continue to apologize for the significant delay, some recent chaos caused by the discovery of some kittens in my grandfather's wood-pile and trying to determine what to do with them has been interfering with production, alongside several Warhammer (Heh, I guess i'm branching out into all the "War____ franchises now?) projects that have appeared. Fortunately, I CAN say the next weapon coming soon will DEFINITELY have some personality to it's backstory, one that has actually developed alongside the disruption.

Hooray/ see you soon folks. I wish I could be more accurate with a timeline, but, for now, it definitely looks like at LEAST during this month is fair game!

Edited by Unus

3 minutes ago, Unus said:

I continue to apologize for the significant delay, some recent chaos caused by the discovery of some kittens in my grandfather's wood-pile and trying to determine what to do with them has been interfering with production, alongside several Warhammer (Heh, I guess i'm branching out into all the "War____ franchises now?) projects that have appeared. Fortunately, I CAN say the next weapon coming soon will DEFINITELY have some personality to it's backstory, one that has actually developed alongside the disruption.

...does it need artwork?

Just now, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

...does it need artwork?

The hammerwork or the weapon suh? Hehe.

If you feel like you want to do something, feel free to look around, its all missing the zing your works have to them as they dev. . . .. SHET, I've been neglecting to get to your updates! DEM IT, sorry about that!

11 minutes ago, Unus said:

The hammerwork or the weapon suh? Hehe.

If you feel like you want to do something, feel free to look around, its all missing the zing your works have to them as they dev. . . .. SHET, I've been neglecting to get to your updates! DEM IT, sorry about that!

...yes.  But mostly the weapon. Also, I'm pretty sure the Picead is done - it's just that, well.... a lot of things had happened.

While seemingly stuck in my current spiral of warhammer work, Mr. Crow has taken it upon himself to actually go into past works of his and improve upon their clarity! A truly unexpected part of my Pit experience, nigh-on unprecedented!

May I present the recently improved-in-clarity image for the image for the Patrolman/Commissar for the Grineer Generations (Its at the bottom of the Starborn Brigade)!

Deimos Patrolman and Commisar by HugintheCrowDA

Well. . . .shet. . . .even with all my time spent on Warhammer bits and gradually making my way back to Warframe, I still somehow manage to scuttle over the 40,000 mark. Heh, in the Grim Darkness of the 40,000 viewing, there is only war for my attention among my projects.

What can I say folks? Its been years, and yet, even after I disappear off the front page, folks still come to my heap and delve into the dark below for some reason or another. I enjoy making my work just as much as seeing what other folk's opinions are on it, to say nothing of how much fun it has been meeting all sorts of fellow creators along the way.

Rest assured, though I may have expanded my wheelhouse of designs, I have not forgotten my origins, much less lost interest in Warframe, theres still so much to come, for both Warframe and the Pit.

Finally, as always, my gratitude continues to overflow for all you folks out there who bothered to stick with this mad fellow. With every success, every failure, every long period of silence, you folks always seem to be there, hopefully by choice.

Heres to us all folks! As much for my Pit as for all of the "newer" folks who have arrived on the block and set up shop with their very own collections!

Who knows, maybe someday, something will stick and become a fan favorite?

Well. . . . shet, just found out an internet outage killed my upcoming Warframe piece. . . feck again. Shows me for getting entangled in another franchise for to long. Need to refocus better.

But

22 hours ago, (PS4)Jacobivan said:

Hi. I enjoy your writing and imagination, tried searching for your warhammer stuff to no avail, would you please share links? 

22 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I too would love to see this.

Well shet, really? I'll. . . well alright then, I can hand over the link accordingly. The Lost Legions aren't done yet, but, the Tau Auxiliary Expansion Document has much more of a sense of completeness about it. I'll put it in later today, twill be a google doc that's commentable on.

See you folks when I'm here later and when I try to reconstruct the Montu burst shotgun.

11 hours ago, (PS4)Jacobivan said:

Hi. I enjoy your writing and imagination, tried searching for your warhammer stuff to no avail, would you please share links? 

11 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I too would love to see this.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-amNLBAmpEYNLMgelwRA1XFjuxyhGX5tE2yH-qyzK_Y/edit?usp=sharing

Here you are folks, though, it really is a bit different then my current works.

So, abject misery aside due to multiple project failures in a row aside, think it may actually be a good time for me to ask you folks where I should focus my efforts.

You know the drill, just pick a number and let me know!

1. The "Onslaughter Infested Mega Invasion" Add-On? (1 Vote)

2. The Burstfire multi-shell shotgun (Lost due to a period of Warhammer focus distracting me before I could publish it.)? (1 Vote?)

3. The Plasma hand/ Gauntlet Blasters?

4. The Toggle-Trigger Solar Gun?

Up to you folks! Just arrange em in the order you'd like em and i'll see how it looks! Be looking for at least three votes afore I commit to the road ya set me on.

Edited by Unus

38 minutes ago, Unus said:

2. The Burstfire multi-shell shotgun (Lost due to a period of Warhammer focus distracting me before I could publish it.)?

An intriguing idea (was this inspired by the Jackhammer from Planetside?) but the Infested Invasion seems like a cool idea too. I put these in my top two.

39 minutes ago, Unus said:

How's that work? Like, is it a beam weapon with a charged altfire? 😛

On 2019-05-30 at 5:59 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

An intriguing idea (was this inspired by the Jackhammer from Planetside?) but the Infested Invasion seems like a cool idea too. I put these in my top two.

How's that work? Like, is it a beam weapon with a charged altfire? 😛

Ah, a double set! That hasn't happened afore.

Also, no, actually, this is something I completely made up independently, from scratch. Only thing that needed some coaxing was the name, and the Sobek was happy to provide.

As for the second part, ooooo, that's the part I find interesting! You tap the trigger, and you get a direct conduit between the sun and the gun, meaning it keeps firing until you hit the trigger again. Damage starts out small, but it ramps up to truly hellacious levels, but, then comes the self damage as it cooks you like a fine sirloin. Can you keep the balance Tenno? Or, will you be rendered quality sirloin?

Any other voters at the ready? Think all I'll need is two more before I can lock down the "Order of creation".

On 2019-05-30 at 5:20 PM, Unus said:

So, abject misery aside due to multiple project failures in a row aside, think it may actually be a good time for me to ask you folks where I should focus my efforts.

2. The Burstfire multi-shell shotgun (Lost due to a period of Warhammer focus distracting me before I could publish it.)? (1 Vote?)

Up to you folks! Just arrange em in the order you'd like em and i'll see how it looks! Be looking for at least three votes afore I commit to the road ya set me on.

DEM it, pologies folks, forgot to quote the vote choices in my previous message, so, must have seemed like I was babbling nonesense. Here's what we have on the menu for the moment. Mr. Wolf has already contributed his two cents on how the road shall look, I only need at least two other votes afore I commit and drive ahead. 

I can take more then three acourse, I just understand that that just smacks of greed.

On 2019-06-02 at 2:46 PM, Unus said:

Also, no, actually, this is something I completely made up independently, from scratch. Only thing that needed some coaxing was the name, and the Sobek was happy to provide.

Jackhammer is here btw.

Also - and I did not know this - it apparently has a full auto mode too! Well then

On 2019-05-30 at 11:20 PM, Unus said:

just pick a number and let me know!

On 2019-05-30 at 4:20 PM, Unus said:

1. The "Onslaughter Infested Mega Invasion" Add-On?

2. The Plasma hand/ Gauntlet Blasters?

3. The Toggle-Trigger Solar Gun?

4. The Burstfire multi-shell shotgun

Edited by Neo3602

18 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Jackhammer is here btw.

Also - and I did not know this - it apparently has a full auto mode too! Well then

Huh, just like reality eh? Hehe.

17 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

9 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

1. The "Onslaughter Infested Mega Invasion" Add-On?

2. The Plasma hand/ Gauntlet Blasters?

3. The Toggle-Trigger Solar Gun?

4. The Burstfire multi-shell shotgun

MUCH thanks gents! Twill take some time, given how complex  it'll get in the writing, but, I figure Onslaughter may be an interesting Invasion experience for folks, give me an excuse to roll out some old toys and foes.

To the actually existing viewers of the Pit:

Alright folks! Just a heads-up for y'all!

In a few short days, one of my largest Warhammer 40k works will be complete, meaning I'll finally be able to devout my full time to framework once again!

With any luck, you'll be seeing Onslaughter up in a few weeks time, complicated as it will be. To be quite honest, I'm not even sure of where to put it's entry-to-be on the front page, given it'll likely be alone in it's category for quite a while.

Heres hopeing it all works out!

Ever yours,

Unus.

Edited by Unus

BLAST, lost data again due to another connection disruption!

Rest assured folks, it is indeed on the way! The Grineer have their Battleships and the Corpus have their mega proxies, but, what about the Infested?

"And on the slaughter shall continue. They cannot deny a gift so generously given, straight to their doorsteps."

"All shall submit, all shall be at peace, thus it is decreed by the Wise Wyrms, and thus it will be so."

GODDEM IT, a power outage took out my Wyrms again!

Blast and Deemnation! 

I'm so sorry folks, that was. . . ALOT of work to see flashed in the pan.

I think I. . . I think I'm gonna take a few short days on my Hammer projects, just as a bit of steam blowoff for the steam I can't seem to blow off here without a random acta God thunderbolting out of the blue and smiteing my abhorrent creation.

Rest assured, this IS NOT burn out. I WILL be finishing this blasted fellow, even if I have to marathon a day of it.