Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lumped Together Mosh-Pit of Ideas I've had for too Long

Unus

You know, as I'm working on my Tau Empire auxiliary designs to move onto the gun, a thought struck me hard, a question I once received in the ancient past that allowed me to improve the Pit for the better, at least, for time.

Regarding the general state of the Pit, it's layout, perhaps even it's contents, what's the one (or, perhaps even two) flaws in it that you feel would improve it quite a bit if they were removed?

Is it it's layout? A stylistic choice? Something missing?

(Oh, and, your Warframe review will be coming along quite soon Mr. FluffyWolf, quite soon indeed! All a matter of where my resources are pouring right now!)

9 hours ago, Unus said:

(Oh, and, your Warframe review will be coming along quite soon Mr. FluffyWolf, quite soon indeed! All a matter of where my resources are pouring right now!)

9 hours ago, Unus said:

Regarding the general state of the Pit, it's layout, perhaps even it's contents, what's the one (or, perhaps even two) flaws in it that you feel would improve it quite a bit if they were removed?

Well, I'd be willing to halp and add more art if need be.

On 2020-04-22 at 10:54 AM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Hm. . . I may very well take you up on that offer very soon, if your own schedule remains clean. Warhammer inspiration continues to throw itself in front of my frame designs que-wise, and it might be a good idea to try that out again.

All depends on what you'd be comfortable with at the moment, as I have several ideas, but, want to always bear in mind that you have your lovely little slice of creation to look after as well.

Edited by Unus

7 hours ago, Unus said:

All depends on what you'd be comfortable with at the moment, as I have several ideas, but, want to always bear in mind that you have your lovely little slice of creation to look after as well.

As long as you can provide reference images that are at least close to what's in your head (I work best this way) thenI can work with it.

Scuse me for the delay ladies and germs, projects aren't getting finished due to the ongoing crises of "my cat swallowed something and my family hasn't been able to do anything about it for days till today whereupon my cat is currently going under the knife to remove a mass of artificial material that has been blocking her stomach and starving her."

If you need to understand the situation better, replace "cat" with "my child" and include two sleepless days of wondering if every errant twitch of hers is either discomfort, or, early stage sepsis.

Apologies that reality is interfereing with both quality and timing of a bounty of potentially interesting reads folks!

Just now, Unus said:

Scuse me for the delay ladies and germs, projects aren't getting finished due to the ongoing crises of "my cat swallowed something and my family hasn't been able to do anything about it for days till today whereupon my cat is currently going under the knife to remove a mass of artificial material that has been blocking her stomach and starving her."

If you need to understand the situation better, replace "cat" with "my child" and include two sleepless days of wondering if every errant twitch of hers is either discomfort, or, early stage sepsis.

Apologies that reality is interfereing with both quality and timing of a bounty of potentially interesting reads folks!

Wow, that really sucks, I hope the surgery goes well and you're cat ends up ok.

3 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

Wow, that really sucks, I hope the surgery goes well and you're cat ends up ok.

Thanks, as do I suh. It doesn't help that Warframe appears to be having update difficulties on my end, so, kinda stuck with me thoughts, waiting.

Annnddd she's home! Coned, stumbling from her i.v. cast, and sutured, but, she's home!

Production shall reccomence forthwith, at "snail in winter" rather then "frozen tree sap oozing down a tree"!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Unus said:

Annnddd she's home! Coned, stumbling from her i.v. cast, and sutured, but, she's home!

Production shall reccomence forthwith, at "snail in winter" rather then "frozen tree sap oozing down a tree"!

great to hear your cats ok!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-05-07 at 10:50 AM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

YES! I'm glad the cat is okay. 

So am I suh! So am I!

On 2020-05-07 at 12:37 PM, Neo3602 said:

great to hear your cats ok!

Feeling the same way! Don't know what I'd do without my lil angel-daemon during. . . well, ever, come to think of it.

Pit News Bulletin:

Excuse me for the delay in design, as, ever since I transitioned to strictly writing in Google Documents, it's not nearly as convenient for me to design my designs, as it means I need to actively sit down at a computer and mash the keys. Doesn't help that I lack space on my phone to install a google docs editor, so, uh, sorry.

Suppose safety-against-data-loss requires sacrifice in prolificness, a "kink in the old hose" if you will. Many developing concepts, from the mawgun, to the mawntlets, to the gamma gun, to the Iron Fathers, less opportunity to put them from brain to data.

Once I'm done with our current family vacation and while I wait for Inquistor:Martyr to download at some point during the heat death of the universe, I think I'll set aside some time to just pour out the great mental basin all at once. That, and/or, maybe shop around a piece or two of mine, see if there is anything that looks artable in the eyes of my superior peers.

Several bonus points if I get to "finish" the Nightwave event.

ThthtththetheThats all folks! Fingers crossed the path remains on the straight (With the Pit, there really is no narrow, yeah? Hehe.)!

Edited by Unus

7 minutes ago, Unus said:

Excuse me for the delay in design, as, ever since I transitioned to strictly writing in Google Documents, it's not nearly as convenient for me to design my designs, as it means I need to actively sit down at a computer and mash the keys. Doesn't help that I like space on my phone to install a google docs editor, so, uh, sorry.

Don't even trip, dawg. I'm glad the things are safe. Also, it's totally possible to make stuff on google docs accessible offline too. 

8 minutes ago, Unus said:

mawntlets

The what

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Don't even trip, dawg. I'm glad the things are safe. Also, it's totally possible to make stuff on google docs accessible offline too. 

The what

Oh, I know, I just lack room on my phone at all for. . . well, anything at all honestly. Means I need the computer and it's spaceious memory to work my sorcery.

For when you want to add a bit more "bite" to your punches, shall we say? Ohohohoho.

Edited by Unus

Oh, and sincere apologies intrepid audience! The plague, my stir-crazy family's continuous sanity-restoring trips down to their Lake House, and exhaustion from trying to fill in the time between has been slowing things down.

In addition, I can assure you, this isn't an "excuse". If I had the laptop on hand right now, I'd happily show you the progress I've made on the. . . well. . . hm. . . you know, I gotta ask, does describing what I'm working on "take some of the pleasure" out of seeing the finished entries?

5 hours ago, Unus said:

In addition, I can assure you, this isn't an "excuse". If I had the laptop on hand right now, I'd happily show you the progress I've made on the. . . well. . . hm. . . you know, I gotta ask, does describing what I'm working on "take some of the pleasure" out of seeing the finished entries?

I wouldn't say so. I like to give brief teasers for what I'm working on sometimes, and it can be a good way to get the wheels turning and helping you think about how it'd work.

On 2020-05-24 at 4:52 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I wouldn't say so. I like to give brief teasers for what I'm working on sometimes, and it can be a good way to get the wheels turning and helping you think about how it'd work.

Fair point! Setting something in stone by putting it on paper.

Okay, that does indeed make sense. (Delays are ongoing, babysitting duty and all that entails.).

• 3 weeks later...

I believe a basic resumption of normality should be on the way folks. The lovely combo platter of plague, protest, and police family out in the line of the first bit had been. . .MUCH more sapping as of lately. With a return to normal shifts and a slight """scaling down""" of the protests in the times to come, mostly around the 14th, so to may I be able to think in the terms needed to craft my craft and work my work!

• 2 weeks later...

Well. . . shet. . . talk about a premature previous prediction folks.

Fortunately, this latest bit is a for-sure detail, as my Tau Empire Auxiliary Project is starting to reach it's pinnacle of development, meaning the opening for Warframe work yawns wider and wider.

Despite months and even years passing, the backlog remains fresh in my memories, ready for "whip out" accordingly.

At the moment, the mawntlets, the  hellmaw, and the gamma gun-to-akimbo-pistols-and-back again weapons are sitting at the forefront of me mind, just beneath the thick layer of Aliens sworn to the Greater Good.

You know, it's struck me recently, as life has continued to be strangely complex and my mojo remains oddly divided in a skewed manner.

Should I try to use these paranoia-of-being-shut-down updates to try to show off some designs from the deeper, older, depths of the Pit?

"Showcase Updates", for things that may be buried so deep that a typical observer might not get to them or designs that remind me of or parallel current developments in game?

I BOMPETH THEE

On 2018-02-10 at 5:00 AM, Unus said:

Designation: Aquitas

Weapon Designation: Secondary, Pistol Type.

I didn't give much feedback last time, and you deserve some more attention for the levels of thought you put into it.

Manufacturer: Hand-made by each Judati member as part of their selection process, from just about any inhabited world in the Sol-Origin System. The only aid they received from "The Comission" in the creation process was in the acquisition of the original blueprints, nothing more. How the trainee went about making their Aquitas would determine their placement in the organization, from self-crafting leading to armory assignment to contracting others to do it leading to "public relations" positions.

...Who are the judati? I'm a sucker for people adding in new factions ^~^

Though the crystalline morphic bolts (created by sandwiching normal forms between two gravitational fields until it reacted by solidification to "defend" itself) fired from an Aquites are hardly lethal, are non-toxic, and come out easily with proper treatment, they harbor a truly nightmarish "secret", to say the least. When hit by a tuned vibrational pulse (electromagnetic, thermal, sonic, gravitational, anything that rattles the particles making up the crystals), the crystal's molecular structure reacts quite violently, exploding into clouds of harmful razor-sharp shards and puncturing sharpnal. Already lodged within the body, the results are usually grotesque and ugly. . . and guaranteed to keep unruly criminals compliant after the first example is made.

...You can remotely detonate these inside bodies! oooh, fun. 

At the point where barrel and body meet, there is a hole that leads straight down into the weapon, the receptacle for the weapon's unorthodox "magazine". Said magazine consists of a clear glass phial filled with a white (energy colored) substance with the consistency and appearance of mercury, a bronze bottom cap, a vertically opening port in it's middle, and a top consisting of a bronze cap with a kubrow sitting at canine attention on it's haunches. The barrel, slightly resembling that of a bolto's, is adorned with the simplistic statuette of an Orokin Executor pointing forward with one arm, it's face an empty hole through which the wielder aims the weapon. On the front of the weapon beneath the barrel, shaped so that it covers the front of the body, is a bronze "masquelike" face with lambent  white (energy colored) eyes and an expression of grim judgement. The eyes flicker with every shot fired.

THis has just the perfect mix of cruelty and baroqueness for the Orokin. I've wanted ornamentation in this game that looks more animalistic and less abstract for awhile, so I absolutely approve.

the Orokin "trained" these men and women through direct mental downloads and rigorous calisthenics regimes until all that remained was the will of the Orokin and an encyclopedic knowledge of Orokin law.

This actually doesn't sound too far off from how the Scoriaworked.

On 2020-07-05 at 6:09 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I BOMPETH THEE

I didn't give much feedback last time, and you deserve some more attention for the levels of thought you put into it.

...Who are the judati? I'm a sucker for people adding in new factions ^~^

...You can remotely detonate these inside bodies! oooh, fun. 

THis has just the perfect mix of cruelty and baroqueness for the Orokin. I've wanted ornamentation in this game that looks more animalistic and less abstract for awhile, so I absolutely approve.

This actually doesn't sound too far off from how the Scoriaworked.

OH, you don't have to do that sir! Its on my head to keep the wheels nice and greasy and keep the guns coming good and proper.

Oh, from the story, "secret police", in that they don't even know they themselves are "officers". It was part of an orokin control experiment, seeding them in troublesome populations to act as agents of the Emperors, and, it worked quite well. . . when what they were dealing with was people. During the war, the "civil disturbance" was a bit more then they coudl take.

Heh, now to ask for my royalties! Nyuck yuck yuck.

(Also, weapon is gradually progressing along the development trail, just selecting a barrel and transcribing backstory.)

16 hours ago, Unus said:

OH, you don't have to do that sir!

NONSENSE

16 hours ago, Unus said:

Oh, from the story, "secret police", in that they don't even know they themselves are "officers". It was part of an orokin control experiment, seeding them in troublesome populations to act as agents of the Emperors, and, it worked quite well. . . when what they were dealing with was people. During the war, the "civil disturbance" was a bit more then they coudl take.

...That sounds ABSOLUTELY like something the Orokin would do.

Alright folks, given I'm on vacation with family at the mo, production is currently at a physical stand-still. With the lack of new designs, suppose I can fill in the gap with some of my older material folks can't just find instantly in a few pages.

Here, have a look at this! This is an old set of short stories I created to "factionilize" the Sentients, before we had our recent showings of terrifying horrors.

Chapter 1 was my interpretation of the ones we have met here in the Sol-Origin System.

Chapter 2 was my ramblings on the current inhabitants of Tau.

And Chapter 3 is about a "Wild Card" faction who is reaching for their creator's pedestal of power proverbially.

Took alotta mesoamerican inspiration in cooking the names up, so, pologies if they seem a bit unwieldy for English. Enjoy!

Kinda makes me a bit sad, to see how much I've produced and comparing it to now.

Alright folks! Coming back from my "Coronacation" with the family to embark on my creative endeavors once more, hopefully with no trace of the plague!

For now though, in the interim while we approach home, @Fluffywolf36 's recent escapades  in his home-thread have reminded me of a few past designs of mine, dredged up from the upper strata of the Pit.

Unlike my endless callbacks to Barboga and Deimos (as much as I'd love to spend hours talking to folks on and on about the artificial island and the minor ecumenopolis), these two are a quest and a faction that might be interesting to others.

Specifically, we have 

1. The Cultural Exchange, which I may need some help in finishing the gun part portion of due to a few hiccups in construction. Effectively, instead of having the two open worlds be left as "content islands", my goal there was to make them into a "content island chain" if you will, stringing the two togethor by having material and content interweave with one another and allow for shared (if somewhat weak) progress.

2. The Free M.O.A. Front, which is a pseudo-communist A.I. revolutionary organization which is neutral to the other factions and offers rewards that can take syndicate specters and upgrade them in various ways beyond their baseline characteristics. I created them when I wondered if I could keep syndi-specs functional in the (at the time) unveiling of the Age of Pets. Whether success was there, i'm not sure, but, I DO know I should really get back there and finish writing Alpha One and Beta Two's tandem dialogue.

Reminds me that I need to write the dialogue for Koyaweg and Tanaya as well, though, I'm a bit concerned about how to capture proper "couple dynamics" in the way they talk.

Heh, might need to whirlwind through the Pit and fix that which is cobweb covered and unfinished.

Thats my Unusian report, straight from a bed at 23:23, somewhere in an Inn in Tennessee!

Edited by Unus