Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lumped Together Mosh-Pit of Ideas I've had for too Long

Unus

13 hours ago, Unus said:

For now though, in the interim while we approach home, @Fluffywolf36 's recent escapades  in his home-thread have reminded me of a few past designs of mine, dredged up from the upper strata of the Pit.

I'm glad you liked the segment of the Umbral Ayatan quest! Even if Ganymede is a bit... not-as-fleshed-out.... as The Legion of Tau and I totally choked on it, I still feel pretty happy about it.

(Maybe I'll go into more detail soon™...)

13 hours ago, Unus said:

1. The Cultural Exchange, which I may need some help in finishing the gun part portion of due to a few hiccups in construction. Effectively, instead of having the two open worlds be left as "content islands", my goal there was to make them into a "content island chain" if you will, stringing the two togethor by having material and content interweave with one another and allow for shared (if somewhat weak) progress.

did someone say 

GUN?!!?!?!?!?

final_5dcb6a40b3f0bc0013d779da_374488.jp

all seriousness though I'm interested in whatever this is. The biggest problem with Ganymede on my end was a lack of certainty about how to keep people visiting it (Make it too necessary and I run the risk of something like daemonheim where it's basically a game bottlenecked into another game, make it too inconsequential and nobody cares) so I'm intrigued to see how you do this.

On 2020-07-19 at 1:30 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I'm glad you liked the segment of the Umbral Ayatan quest! Even if Ganymede is a bit... not-as-fleshed-out.... as The Legion of Tau and I totally choked on it, I still feel pretty happy about it.

(Maybe I'll go into more detail soon™...)

did someone say 

GUN?!!?!?!?!?

final_5dcb6a40b3f0bc0013d779da_374488.jp

all seriousness though I'm interested in whatever this is. The biggest problem with Ganymede on my end was a lack of certainty about how to keep people visiting it (Make it too necessary and I run the risk of something like daemonheim where it's basically a game bottlenecked into another game, make it too inconsequential and nobody cares) so I'm intrigued to see how you do this.

AH! pardon me! Back from the dead and back from vacation. Blasted sleeping problem.

BAH, it's only chokeing if you never ever actually go back to it and never think about it. Way I see it, your just unpauseing a project you want to go back to. Perhaps you to can try tieing the colonies togethor with Ganymede as a third colony in the mix, have your characters interact with there's in advantageous ways?

Heh, pieces of kitgun, trying to merge both colonies' technological areas of expertise into new, singular kitgun barrels for purchase. Just need one more barrel and I think I can try to stat them all up in comparison to the prexisting ones.

Biggest bit of the design is in unifying the disparate openworlds into a single content island chain. Turn fish into The Business, hand Smokefinger Eidolon Blood and Breath, etc.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

did somebody say DEIMOS

Heh, since my earliest days, Deimos has wormed it's way into my Pit. From the Starborne Brigade, to various implements of mad Grineer science, to the entire world itself as a multilayer semi-open world. I don't know why, but, Deem Ful just seemed to be an excellant tool to use to show Grinic innovation in a way that Tengus and d. . . wha. . . wha. . . WHAT IN THE! How did, what is. . . OH WOW!

Edited by Unus

Taking a breath for a moment, huh, interesting. I had the core act as a "Tear Gate" that leads into the Void, wonder if I can try to incorporate this into my original design as to what lies beyond?

2 minutes ago, Unus said:

Biggest bit of the design is in unifying the disparate openworlds into a single content island chain. Turn fish into The Business, hand Smokefinger Eidolon Blood and Breath, etc.

It'd be an interesting approach to take with Ganymede. I kind of want to include some of the same resources on other planets and overall make it feel less isolated.

...maybe connecting it to Jupiter nodes could help. That could be interesting.

4 minutes ago, Unus said:

Heh, pieces of kitgun, trying to merge both colonies' technological areas of expertise into new, singular kitgun barrels for purchase. Just need one more barrel and I think I can try to stat them all up in comparison to the prexisting ones.

have admittedly been considering Fortuna-made zaw parts before. Could be interesting. Wonder what Ganymedean parts would be, though for some reason they favor minirockets over energy weapons.

(It was mostly to make them more distinct lol)

3 minutes ago, Unus said:

Taking a breath for a moment, huh, interesting. I had the core act as a "Tear Gate" that leads into the Void, wonder if I can try to incorporate this into my original design as to what lies beyond?

Might not surprise me. There's definitely Void Shenanigans going on in Deimos.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-07-20 at 1:37 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

It'd be an interesting approach to take with Ganymede. I kind of want to include some of the same resources on other planets and overall make it feel less isolated.

...maybe connecting it to Jupiter nodes could help. That could be interesting.

have admittedly been considering Fortuna-made zaw parts before. Could be interesting. Wonder what Ganymedean parts would be, though for some reason they favor minirockets over energy weapons.

(It was mostly to make them more distinct lol)

Might not surprise me. There's definitely Void Shenanigans going on in Deimos.

Now THERES an idea! Perhaps we could put some of the plant extracts that are just lieing around in the sol-origin system to actual proper use nowadays beyond things like the anti-toxin injectors and the elixir for Titania? I did that for one of my weapon designs at least.

Heh, perhaps rocket assisted melee could be a possible goal? Thrusting weapons that push the wielder into the enemy, a minaturized version of the Jat, ell, could even go bonkers with some "rocket fists" or the like.

Big thing here being it appears that it's Infested as opposed to Grins. The way the cut scenes were done kinda reminds me of my Onslaughter design, only, much less vocals.

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Now THERES an idea! Perhaps we could put some of the plant extracts that are just lieing around in the sol-origin system to actual proper use nowadays beyond things like the anti-toxin injectors and the elixir for Titania? I did that for one of my weapon designs at least.

That would be cool. I do like having plants with actual names, but it does both me a little bit how they're just such... non-factors in WF.

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Heh, perhaps rocket assisted melee could be a possible goal? Thrusting weapons that push the wielder into the enemy, a minaturized version of the Jat, ell, could even go bonkers with some "rocket fists" or the like.

I don't think fist weapons would work too well with the Zaw system, but otherwise I'm liking what you're thinking. I am interested in the thought of building your own Jat Kittag...

Though most of what I was thinking was Corpus- made Zaw strikes. And possibly Ganymede-built Kitgun barrels.

Giddiness over seeing several things in the upcoming installment of warframe that mirror several of my designs (Ell, were going to DEIMOS! Just not my Deimos.) aside, think the reveals have roused me a bit more from my Warhammer stupor.

The Tau Auxiliary Expansionary Project and the Tyranid Enrichment Project were excellent diversions, but, now I crave my old ways. Should spend soem quality time with my old girl 

Should have at least one of two Infested productions coming out quite soon, both of them not quite that orthodox designwise!

Wish me luck, I've been. . . .ABSOLUTELY exhausted lately. Makes it hard to think and create properly.

Not just babysitting tired, but, lingering fear-fatigue from, well. . .you know.

Unexpected, but, wonderful news!

In the process of working on the hellmaw and the scutimite encrustation, I received an e-mail from a laboratory company who may, in fact, want to hire me!

Frustratingly, this has slowed down what is already a slowed down process of design due to "plague-fear fatigue".

Happily though, the situation will resolve itself within the next two days, meaning, with the euphoric boost provided by potentially actually being useful to mankind in some way, I may FINALLY be able to show you my completed works before doing yet another "Finish the unfinished" sweep through the layers of Pit material!

Given the """"content"""" of the last few updates around here, its about Goddem time!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Unus said:

Unexpected, but, wonderful news!

In the process of working on the hellmaw and the scutimite encrustation, I received an e-mail from a laboratory company who may, in fact, want to hire me!

Frustratingly, this has slowed down what is already a slowed down process of design due to "plague-fear fatigue".

Happily though, the situation will resolve itself within the next two days, meaning, with the euphoric boost provided by potentially actually being useful to mankind in some way, I may FINALLY be able to show you my completed works before doing yet another "Finish the unfinished" sweep through the layers of Pit material!

Given the """"content"""" of the last few updates around here, its about Goddem time!

Congrats! I hope you get the job, and I'm interested to see what you have been working on.

On 2020-08-10 at 1:23 AM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I been :THONKIN: todayyyyyyy...

If you need more inspiration for strange guns, you could stop by Forgottenweapons. That's usually been helpful. An example being:

What a fascinatio-funky piece of old tech. I woulda at least thought the gun could be entrusted to a designated marksmen in an infantry force, rather then take one look and chuck it into a trash bin, but, suppose hindsight is 2020.

22 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

Congrats! I hope you get the job, and I'm interested to see what you have been working on.

Well, after lost sleep, stress, and general mental hurricanes for the past few days, the interview occurred and they want me to meet the lab supervisor. I have absolutely NO idea how the ell this is gonna go, so, fingers crossed!

And, rest assured sir, you will, I guarantee it! If I was to ever abandon the Pit, you would know WEEKS in advance before I jumped on the plunger. At the moment, that's a snowball's chance in ell.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Weeeellll sheet folks, got the news that they didn't need me today.

Ah well, first tries not always a guarantee, so onwards to hopefully new adventures! 

(Plus, I got 35$ from my part-time job, so, that's nice.)

Anyway, you know what that means folks, nose back on the digital grindstone with my designs, hopefully completeing the Scutimites nice and soonish!

Delay after delay after delay after delay!

I could show you how much wonderful progress I've made in constructing the anatomy of one of my upcoming design, of the carefully carved backstory that is well on its way. . . yet, I cannot acquire the peace-of-of-mind needed to finish it for as long as both of my sisters and my mother and my brother are seized by the contagion. For, even if they come out alive, we won't know if they have permanent brain damage or lung clotting until a year after if they recover.

What a wonderful reality check folks! Truly a time to be alive.

So. . . plagues gone through the entire household, has taken its toll on all of us, is continuing to take its toll on all of us, but, I can't help but try this before I go insane, i'm going back to the table now.

I hate how much this is taking from me, and I have no idea how much of it is in invisible costs that I won't know about until months to years later, but, one things for sure, I simply HAVE to try my hand at a design, to see if that has been taken from me somehow.

With any luck, you'll be seeing at least one of my designs come up in the next few weeks, hopefully somewhere between the coughing fits and the lost sleep.

I just. . . i'm so sorry audience, the plague experience is much MUCH worse then the simple fear I lived in before. How I yearn for those times.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Unus said:

So. . . plagues gone through the entire household, has taken its toll on all of us, is continuing to take its toll on all of us, but, I can't help but try this before I go insane, i'm going back to the table now.

I hate how much this is taking from me, and I have no idea how much of it is in invisible costs that I won't know about until months to years later, but, one things for sure, I simply HAVE to try my hand at a design, to see if that has been taken from me somehow.

With any luck, you'll be seeing at least one of my designs come up in the next few weeks, hopefully somewhere between the coughing fits and the lost sleep.

I just. . . i'm so sorry audience, the plague experience is much MUCH worse then the simple fear I lived in before. How I yearn for those times.

That's rough, I hope you get better soon.

12 hours ago, Unus said:

If you need halp of any kind - balancing, design, aesthetics, reference images, artwork - you know who to call.

I owe pretty much everything about my thread to you, so it's only fair I help you out right now.

8 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

If you need halp of any kind - balancing, design, aesthetics, reference images, artwork - you know who to call.

I owe pretty much everything about my thread to you, so it's only fair I help you out right now.

You know, looking at all of my popular prior work (I really hope that my family and me get healthy enough that I can go upstairs and finally play Warframe to see what wonders Extreme's Deimos has on it, heard we have some rather gothic "golems" to deal with, more material I can add to my massive pile I'm trying to work on between coughing fits.), would you like to try your hand at working with my Gorgrep gun glove? I'm not sure why I never bothered asking despite being so ""highly"" ranked.

Also, BAH, you woulda gotten just as big without me as with me suh, I just gave a little finger nudge to ya that made it all happen faster. With any luck, and with the hope that these coughing fits are temporary nuisances and not a new daily addition to my life, I should be able to drag myself back into the peanut gallery for your work and with others.

Ell, with how long I've been gone, kinda curious what you folks have been up to and how much new blood has been injected into Concept's metaphorical veins round here.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

You know, looking at all of my popular prior work (I really hope that my family and me get healthy enough that I can go upstairs and finally play Warframe to see what wonders Extreme's Deimos has on it, heard we have some rather gothic "golems" to deal with,

We do indeed! HoD is actually much more 40k than usual for Warframe, (I see this as less WF copying 40k, and more that they had the same granddaddy in Dune) in addition to having an actual writer that's worked with Games Workshop. What I'm getting at here is, it'll be extremely easy for you to export 40k concepts you made in your spare time to HoD.

340?cb=20200825215404

(It's basically a Storm Bolter too!)

1 hour ago, Unus said:

would you like to try your hand at working with my Gorgrep gun glove? I'm not sure why I never bothered asking despite being so ""highly"" ranked.

Sure, why not? Haven't made an arm-mounted sidearm before.

...Oh wait. It's a melee? That is a shotgun gauntlet?  Interesting, interesting. How would you describe Hepfaustia tech's aesthetic? Is it... say, Corpus, but with the corners rounded off?

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Also, BAH, you woulda gotten just as big without me as with me suh, I just gave a little finger nudge to ya that made it all happen faster. With any luck, and with the hope that these coughing fits are temporary nuisances and not a new daily addition to my life, I should be able to drag myself back into the peanut gallery for your work and with others.

I will be grateful to you whether you like it or not!

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Ell, with how long I've been gone, kinda curious what you folks have been up to and how much new blood has been injected into Concept's metaphorical veins round here.

Eh, y'know. Made another shotgun, another revolver... and I'm trying my hand at a Duviri gun!

On 2020-09-06 at 1:44 AM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

We do indeed! HoD is actually much more 40k than usual for Warframe, (I see this as less WF copying 40k, and more that they had the same granddaddy in Dune) in addition to having an actual writer that's worked with Games Workshop. What I'm getting at here is, it'll be extremely easy for you to export 40k concepts you made in your spare time to HoD.

340?cb=20200825215404

(It's basically a Storm Bolter too!)

Sure, why not? Haven't made an arm-mounted sidearm before.

...Oh wait. It's a melee? That is a shotgun gauntlet?  Interesting, interesting. How would you describe Hepfaustia tech's aesthetic? Is it... say, Corpus, but with the corners rounded off?

I will be grateful to you whether you like it or not!

Eh, y'know. Made another shotgun, another revolver... and I'm trying my hand at a Duviri gun!

They hired on an actual writer with experience from Workshop? Curious, have you found a name for this fellow?

Also, oh, no, that'd be impossible, I always build my work so I can't ""cross-contaminate" in that manner. If it was built for  40k, it tends to stick to 40k. If its from Warframe, it sticks to Warframe and all that.

Huh, Orokin, right?

Oh, heres the recipe I summoned up from the depths, I keep forgeting not everyone wants to read through all of my designs even when linked due to how hard it can be to navigate.

""Appearance wise, the Goregrep shares similarities with a catchers mitt on it's lowest portions, with a blackish-brown synthetic leather mass (kubrow is difficult to come by when the only real source is controlled by the Grineer who are itching to invade your world if you prove less then useful) where the four fingers go and a single nub where the thumb goes. Branded into the leather in the knuckle area is the serial number and the words "HANDLE WITH CARE" first in Grinic and second in Corpus. Atop the glove, four sets of blued steel blades protrude which are as fit for stabbing as they are for slicing in the manner of the cut-and-thrust swords of hundreds of years before. These blades will visibly depress back into the glove upon hitting an armored target, triggering the shotgun atop the back of the wrist. Said shotgun is housed within a "Corpus metal" colored trapezoidal housing on said wrist, notable only for the large ported barrel that juts outward from it.  A sturdy armored belt wraps around the wrist and leads down to a small pan-magazine that sits in the wrist area. A black aramid securing fastener wraps around the other side of the wrist, securing the weapon firmly to the arm.""

Hm, do we have a look at Duviri weaponry now? 

Edited by Unus

Holy cow! What is wrong with the previous message?! With blasted light mode suddenly popping on on my end, I had no idea that the only way anyone could read it would be by highlighting it and/or copy-pasteing it elsewhere!

In any case, sleepy and sick as I feel, I think I'm going to engage in a little oath-making, if you would humor me.

Unless otherwise responded to, I say that, with all the credibility that I have from years of existing, the next time I update in here WILL BE a true entry addition.

Looking back through the previous pages, I can see that it's been nothing but a long line of being sad, followed by being diseased and sad.

This MUST be rectified! You, my remaining audience, deserve carefully curated wonders, not my personal life meted out over and over again like a cliched soap-opera.

Even if I have so many entries that an avid reader would have months of reading to peruse through, you all still should at least have SOMETHING fresh delivered to your ocular entertainment tables!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Post 788

The return, hopefully to consistency and excitement for all, I apologize to the folks who left my viewership, I haven't been doing very well as of late healthwise.
(Conceived circa 2/27/2020 at 18:36)

Designation: Maharaurava

Weapon Designation: Rifle, Beam Type.

Manufacturer: Alad V. Production assets sold at underground auction by Loan Reclamation Department to make up for budget deficits due to aggressive Anyo Tech acquisitionary inroads. Partial interception made by attendant Perrin Sequence shell company agent.

Statistical Breakdown:

Spoiler

Trigger Type= Held.  

Damage=25 Slash, 25 Slash and 15 Gas while damaging a target, 25 Slash, 15 Gas, and 10 Heat when damaging a target afflicted by the Gas P.R.O.C. 

Critical Chance= 28%

Critical Damage= 2.8X.

Status Chance= 15%

Projectile= Discharge.

Cyclic Rate-of-Fire= 9.00

Magazine Size= 55 “round capacity” processing organ.

Reload-Speed= 2.5 (Disturb peritoneal “rest” storage organ with some shaking to stimulate swarm activity into useful parameters, jostle pseudo-intestine pollution sac, wait for bodily pulsations due to shifting swarms within the weapon to cease, assume firing stance.) 

Mastery Rank Requisite= 6.

Riven Disposition= ?????

Polarity= None.

Special Traits: 

Spoiler

Fuel the Infernal Furnace=

Every breakable object and enemy destroyed with this weapon in a single trigger pull increases further damage from this weapon during this trigger pull by 5%, stacking until ammo runs out or the trigger is released and the bonus ends.

“Accidental” Ignition=

If this weapon P.R.O.C.s against a unit that is suffering from a Gas P.R.O.C., the target gains a Heat P.R.O.C. instead and emits a radial fire blast in the same manner as a Gas P.R.O.C., subject to the same rules.    

Appearance:

Spoiler

Though very much an infested weapon utilizing infested principals, it is very clear that this device has been tampered with to achieve a significantly less grotesque form and style. A vaguely cylindrically-set set of chitin plates surrounds the barely visible shape of what appears to be some form of pseudo-cephalopodic mass made up of a seemingly-moist and shiny skin, not unlike that of a poison dart frog of old earth. Both shell and mass are curved in a half-moon shape in a forward manner, with a hand opening in the back of the lower portion of the shell that is coated in synthetic insulating material that is resistant to infested conversion and corrosion, leading to an unseen set of fiber bundles also covered in insulating material that the user places their hand around to ready for use. At the end of the top portion is a boney proboscid “spigot”, similar in appearance to an ocean rift worm’s base structure, ending in a single tooth at the opening that sits just above a metallic “lower palette”, materially similar in appearance to a clam shell’s inner coating. In the original form, this would be much larger and cover the opening entirely as a sliding “door” of sorts that stops excess  material from escaping or entering, but, in it’s converted form, it acts as a biological “sparker” mechanism. When it detects the scent of flammable gas on a target it is pointed at and is actively consuming, the tooth chips down onto the metal “palette” and creates a brief magnesium spark, setting the gas aflame and forcing the swarm currently consuming the target to move to the sides to avoid the burst of white hot flame. Through the entire process, apparently described as an “important safety mechanism” in it’s design document, the outrush of nanites vibrates the chords within the neck of the organism, giving off a torturous and heart-wrenching scream, like that of an animal caught in a trap moments before death. The screaming sound only grows louder and more visceral with more material consumed and, thus, a larger and larger swarm emitted. 

"Basic" Description:

Spoiler

A “product” from the “catalogue” of Alad V during his time in the early stages of affliction by the Infested, the fine print indicates that this device was meant to act as a “ground clearing” and mining tool on worlds with particularly thick foliage or exotic conditions (subzero ice, thick basalt, chemical waste). In truth, the weapon stands on that fine line between a work of genius and complete and total insanity (as is indicated by entries in the catalogue thereafter, with their mad scrawlings and scribbled images of innumerable eyes and bodies contorted in agony or rapture.). Through an artificial electromagnetic scrambling signal of significant complexity, a swarm of captured technocytic swarm is isolated and lobotomized into an “independent” state within a resistant organic sac on the weapon, where they become purely focused on fulfilling a cannibalistic lifestyle where new swarm particulates devour the old, even as they devour the target theta re projected at, presumably as a a form of safety mechanism. The body is made from  a single, precisely cultured plastid tumor within a biological tank, guided through the process via surgical cutting, chemical injections, and precise adjustments to the surrounding life-giving amniotic fluid. At the end of the process, invasive surgery takes place to relocate various organs and unneeded tissue out of the bottom of the form to make room for the hand-hold and trigger. The entire process is contained on a data stick that can be fed to any robot with the hardware to access it, yet, requires a constant connection between stick and accessing system for it to function fully. In addition, any tampering with the data stick results in explosive detonation, meaning that one must take great care when transporting the stick from destination to destination, though the stick is capable of being reproduced via forge through production blueprints only accessible from the stick. Unfortunately, the data stick can only be finished when the explosive is installed due to how integrated it is with the data chip inside, meaning any manner of reverse-engineering or augmentation of one is out of the question.

While the design is most certainly convoluted, paranoidly arranged, and most certainly filled with illegal mad science, the resulting “clearing device” is a horrifying engine of terror with frightening implications in the possibility of one being damaged or destroyed in a populated area. Despite this (perhaps inevitably), on the acquisition of the small collection of data sticks during Nef Anyo’s salvaging of Alad V’s private available assets, the callous entrepreneur simply sent them off to auction to who ever bid the most, an illegal bioterror weapon, sitting at the bottom of what seemed to be a mad man’s ravings and basic commercial automation designs. It took a daring infiltration operation from a notified and much-concerned Ergo Glast and much spent wealth on his behalf setting the board with a false interested buyer company to keep the weapon from going public, though this only meant burying the original data-stick collection in the deepest depths of a lower-level warehouse, buying time for it’s hopeful future destruction. A single drive was taken from the container in the process, and it is from this that the current generation of frankensteined abominations are spawned, under the disgusted yet diligent care of Darvo Bek, made only for a clientele with significantly more care for their weapons and an ability to maintain and understand them.

Edited by Unus
Completed circa 9/23/2020 at 2:08 A.M.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Unus said:

The return, hopefully to consistency and excitement for all, I apologize to the folks who left my viewership, I haven't been doing very well as of late healthwise.

AFTER TEN THOUSAND YEARS HE'S FREE

TIME TO F*CK UP EARTH

LET'S GO B******

JOSE CONSECO

9 hours ago, Unus said:

Manufacturer: Alad V. Production assets sold at underground auction by Loan Reclamation Department to make up for budget deficits due to aggressive Anyo Tech acquisitionary inroads. Partial interception made by attendant Perrin Sequence shell company agent.

Good old Salad V. He's got the Spore Touch. Everything he touches has a tendency to turn into a bizarre crime against nature.

9 hours ago, Unus said:

Statistical Breakdown:

I like this new format for updates!

11 hours ago, Unus said:

Damage=25 Slash, 25 Slash and 15 Gas while damaging a target, 25 Slash, 15 Gas, and 10 Heat when damaging a target afflicted by the Gas P.R.O.C. 

...Gas and heat damage? 

you-had-my-curiosity-but-now-you-have-my

I love gas damage! I like having AoE for every bullet, but I just... well, 9/10 times I find building for corrosive, viral, or even magnetic (now that shields actually protect Corpus!) much more useful. And having the opportunity to add heat damage! Wonderful, just... wonderful. 10/10. This would be fun to use in HoD. Oh yes. Now, if I add viral to it, that'll be... unique. I also like the radial damage! For some reason, I've been really into beams that do radial damage lately.

11 hours ago, Unus said:

A vaguely cylindrically-set set of chitin plates surrounds the barely visible shape of what appears to be some form of pseudo-cephalopodic mass made up of a seemingly-moist and shiny skin, not unlike that of a poison dart frog of old earth.

Reminds me of this thing lmao.bl3-alien-shotgun.jpg

Also, I just googled what the rift worms are and... wow. That is bizarre.

11 hours ago, Unus said:

t, in it’s converted form

Converted form? Huh. I wonder what it used to be.

11 hours ago, Unus said:

giving off a torturous and heart-wrenching scream, like that of an animal caught in a trap moments before death. The screaming sound only grows louder and more visceral with more material consumed and, thus, a larger and larger swarm emitted. 

Ooh, I like the sound of this! Pun intended.

12 hours ago, Unus said:

the disgusted yet diligent care of Darvo Bek, made only for a clientele with significantly more care for their weapons and an ability to maintain and understand them.

...Now I'm wondering if this could be acquired through Darvo somehow. I forget that Darvo exists all the time. Mainly because there just isn't much he sells that is up to my standards.

On 2020-09-23 at 2:29 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

AFTER TEN THOUSAND YEARS HE'S FREE

TIME TO F*CK UP EARTH

LET'S GO B******

JOSE CONSECO

Good old Salad V. He's got the Spore Touch. Everything he touches has a tendency to turn into a bizarre crime against nature.

I like this new format for updates!

...Gas and heat damage? 

you-had-my-curiosity-but-now-you-have-my

I love gas damage! I like having AoE for every bullet, but I just... well, 9/10 times I find building for corrosive, viral, or even magnetic (now that shields actually protect Corpus!) much more useful. And having the opportunity to add heat damage! Wonderful, just... wonderful. 10/10. This would be fun to use in HoD. Oh yes. Now, if I add viral to it, that'll be... unique. I also like the radial damage! For some reason, I've been really into beams that do radial damage lately.

Reminds me of this thing lmao.bl3-alien-shotgun.jpg

Also, I just googled what the rift worms are and... wow. That is bizarre.

Converted form? Huh. I wonder what it used to be.

Ooh, I like the sound of this! Pun intended.

...Now I'm wondering if this could be acquired through Darvo somehow. I forget that Darvo exists all the time. Mainly because there just isn't much he sells that is up to my standards.

Pardon the delay suh, that kicked the ell out of me for some reason to write. Think its some lingering plague troubles interfering with my Magnum Opusing.

Hehe, I do feel like I've been sealed into a vault on the moon and need to break loose to start some planetary conquest.

Yessir, even after his "curing", the scars remain unhealed on the Sol-Origin system at large.

Heh, honestly? I completely forgot how to format it's been so long, but, in the stumbling process of relearning, tripped over a new method that may allow my work to become easier to digest and less fusterclucky to page through. Gotta love those happy little accidents.

Hehe, fantastic! Thought I could get a bit more exotic in my designs way back when, so having a "set up, then ignite!" weapon just seemed like an inevitable point to reach.

Huh, now there's a thought. It wasn't a design decision I made during the process to emulate anything, but, suppose I was receiving remnant brainwaves from a Gearbox Studios developer along the way (joking).

Yessir! Mother Nature certainly provides in the gallery of the macabre and ""unnatural"", nyuck yuck.

Somewhere in that data chip's file's spaghetti code likely lies a legitimate product, but, whether one could get to it through the paranoid safeties and chaotic coder commentary is a real mulligan!

Heh, "You know what would really help keep people safe? IF YOUR TOOLS SCREAMED LIKE YOU WOULD IF YOU WERE ON THE RECEVEING END!"

Or it could be trying to show his pain to the rest of the world/ fulfilling some fetish of his/ madness. Any/all.

Heh, had to explain how Mistah D has it in his inventory somehow, though, might be fun to stick this in as a "secret" acquisition if you do a Clem quest in an Anyotech-owned area.