The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How often do you play archwing missions?

Mastikator2

honestly, as little as i can, they are painful for so many reasons, not least of which is the snails pace that equipment and archwings gain affinity, ive never forma'd an archwing or a piece of their gear for that very reason, i was hopeful when it was released but it just doesnt work as fluidly as the main part of the game, it has the bolted on feel that makes it a chore rather than an enjoyable part of the game

I recently leveled Itzal from 1-30 in the Venus mission looking for the gun parts.  5-10 times a day.  I still have not gotten the two parts everyone needs.

This story is not a celebration but a story of anger and deceit.  Archwing started really cool for me now it is just a grindy chore.  The lead to platinum spending is so obvious on this one.

Edited by Sonos

Only if I must, The only reason I don't have the maximum mastery possible you can have when you don't have braton vandal, lato prime and one other gun I don't remember is that I hate farming archwing parts/weapons. it's more painful than trying to get any void part.

Edited by Genoscythe

I just played 2 times when finished the quest and went to farm a nitain aw alert and that was the all. I didn't like this addition and if possible I will avoid it because not my style and never liked this. 

This game mode was fun in the early 2000's and before when played tyrian2000 or raptor but that's more funny than the current aw in warframe.

I used to play somewhat frequently (comparatively) but not so much recently. Now it's mostly just when I want to help other players with AW missions such as Jordas. AW really isn't a chore to me at all, it's a nice change of pace, plus the starting gear can be useful on the JV Raid with only a potato, which can't be said of MK-1 weapons.

Edited by Zachatoo
This is my 666th post, please send help

1 hour ago, Mastikator2 said:

Simple question, how often do you play archwing missions? Sharkwing missions?

Everyday?

Every week?

Almost never?

Roughly once every couple of weeks or so.  I quite like archwing, and I have one set of weapons and and the starter archwing levelled up and modded up that I can use for higher level Alerts to get goodies, but while you're levelling archwing stuff up (as I'm doing with a wing and some new weapons at the moment), it's a bit of a PITA as you're always underpowered.  We really need some more low-to-mid level Archwing content.

Edited by Omnimorph

I personally like Archwing. I play any alert with a reward I'd even passing like.

I run Balor Fomorian hard when it comes up.

I putter around in the low level MD and Exterminate missions, because they're enjoyable.

And I run Caelus from time to time. Usually solo.

I also occasionally carry people who ask for help with the Jordas Golem.

I'd say I run 1-2 AW missions every other day, or about 4 a week.

38 minutes ago, Papragu said:

Do you have a dictonary for this? This is a whole new level of lazy.

Let me enlighten you since its obvious my wittiness flew under your radar like an Archwing. hue

Melee is default keybinded to "E", melee in AW missions is superstrong and fast if you compare it to aiming shooting from your primary.

You litterally hold down shift, spacebar direct yourself with mouse and spam E to win. So back to my comment, I intentionally left out any letter with E for the joke that I broke it playing too much archwing, which is further implemented (but granted, hinted at) in my spoiler.

I like archwing very much. But there's not a whole lot of content. There's one really fun mission (interception), a few somewhat fun missions (sabotage, mobile defenses, Jordas, fomorian) and then the rest.

There's not much in the way of interesting drops, getting the mods is hard (3D+large distances means they get lost easily even if they drop), some of the reward tables are more crowded than T3Surv, bringing in momentum was awful for the corpus duct crawls... Archwing could really use some more love.

Bring in bigger enemies with destroyable parts, environments more conductive to the speeds at which archwings move, some easier way of collecting drops, better reward tables, more rewards that would be useful outside archwing or more progress in archwing you could put those resources into...

Off and on, sometimes I just get an urge to play it or to farm those few parts I'm missing for the weapons.  But if I'm farming I usually quit pretty quickly(about 2-3 days), the drop rates are just atrocious and I get burnt out fairly fast these days.

I still find it fun and like it a lot, I just can't play it all the time because one of my chief methods of "fun" in a game like this is progress, whether that means more plat in my pocket from trades, a higher rank, etc. (something that's hard enough at MR 19, but in archwing its even harder when almost all the weapons are RNG locked)