Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx skin+helmet WIP

Heyo.
-e89sEjq.jpg

pkwWbFd.jpg

Helmet design inspired by ants and wasps. Body design with embedded gems (nephrite?) or whatever. Trying to give her more of a unique look.

Not quite 100% on the body just yet but I am pretty happy with the helmet. Shouldn't be too long until it's all finished and submitted.

16 minutes ago, Artarrwen said:

Heyo.
-e89sEjq.jpg

pkwWbFd.jpg

Helmet design inspired by ants and wasps. Body design with embedded gems (nephrite?) or whatever. Trying to give her more of a unique look.

Not quite 100% on the body just yet but I am pretty happy with the helmet. Shouldn't be too long until it's all finished and submitted.

Looks great. Are you using the .fbx file, or could you find a .obj file? I've downloaded nyx's materials twice and have only gotten the .fbx file, which is compatible with blender, but not tennogen

Just now, Zoracraft said:

Looks great. Are you using the .fbx file, or could you find a .obj file? I've downloaded nyx's materials twice and have only gotten the .fbx file, which is compatible with blender, but not tennogen

I just converted it into an .obj. Can you not do that? I could send you the file if you need it.

26 minutes ago, Artarrwen said:

I just converted it into an .obj. Can you not do that? I could send you the file if you need it.

I have exactly zero clue how to do that. I'd hate to take your work, but is it a difficult process to do the conversion?

1 hour ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

I think she deserves a pair a wings now. You know, the insect kind.

Igaro Syandana? Although, a more ethereal version (similar to Ivara's loincloth-whatever) of it would certainly be nice.

Edited by Bibliothekar

1 hour ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Very pretty helmet. :3

I think she deserves a pair a wings now. You know, the insect kind.

You know, if I could I probably would, after the skin is done. But Warframe-specific syandanas aren't a thing just yet, Nyx doesn't even have an auxiliary slot.

S#&$, I might even do it regardless just for the fun of it.

18 minutes ago, Shry0b said:

Ants? Wasps?

Yeah, felt like it would be fitting for Nyx. Vespa helmet being a reference to hornets, apparent hive mind of certain insects, all that.
Though now that I look at it there is not much resemblance but I think that's even better that way.

1 hour ago, Artarrwen said:

Yeah, felt like it would be fitting for Nyx. Vespa helmet being a reference to hornets, apparent hive mind of certain insects, all that.
Though now that I look at it there is not much resemblance but I think that's even better that way.

I was astonished because... I love insects... soooooooo... I don't even know if it can get better than this. Probably not. Awesome job.

5 hours ago, Zoracraft said:

Ok. I'll try that. Thanks :D

I tried it, but the .obj created doesn't do anything in tennogen. Are those pics in tennogen or in blender, because I think DE pack the codes for the mask compatibility into their .obj files. 

20 minutes ago, Zoracraft said:

I tried it, but the .obj created doesn't do anything in tennogen. Are those pics in tennogen or in blender, because I think DE pack the codes for the mask compatibility into their .obj files. 

Something's wrong with your obj export in Blender.
https://warframe.com/steamworkshop/help/index.php?page=obj-export-settings
This describes settings for 3ds max export, try and see if there's anything similar in Blender's obj export options.

I personally don't use Blender so I can't give you a clear guidance. The pictures are renders from ZBrush.

33 minutes ago, KWANi said:

I'm hoping this isn't going to be a trend, where everyone has to do a Helmet+Skin combo to get stuff into the game.

It guarantees that the skins will be compatible with at least one helmet. This can be clearly seen with the new Zephyr skins and the default (and Artarrwen's own) helmets, where the helmets refract light normally, and the skins barely reflect at all.

I don't know why the lighting behaves like this, but it currently does.

6 minutes ago, Zoracraft said:

It guarantees that the skins will be compatible with at least one helmet. This can be clearly seen with the new Zephyr skins and the default (and Artarrwen's own) helmets, where the helmets refract light normally, and the skins barely reflect at all.

I don't know why the lighting behaves like this, but it currently does.

I don't see any of the helmets that got into the game clashing at all except for the Helm/Skin bundles.  Its something on the artists end that made the skins look that way if it was technical or overly conceptualized. If you design helmets to go with the default skin there shouldn't be that much clashing between designs.  The only bundle I've seen that did it good was the Skeiron, all the other bundles just really break the game immersion.

Edited by KWANi

1 hour ago, Artarrwen said:

Something's wrong with your obj export in Blender.
https://warframe.com/steamworkshop/help/index.php?page=obj-export-settings
This describes settings for 3ds max export, try and see if there's anything similar in Blender's obj export options.

I personally don't use Blender so I can't give you a clear guidance. The pictures are renders from ZBrush.

Ok, I'll see if there are any settings I can change.

Kind of dissapointing that DE didn't give us the .obj file themselves, just to prevent any difficulties in the manual transition. I had never seen a .fbx until I opened the nyx files (then again, I'm a noob to blender and tennogen)