The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's inside a Warframe?

Tortolonch

Have you done the second dream quest ?

if no you might dont want to read this

Alad V said he found nothing realy logic in a warframe.

The Tenno are in fact Child and they are projecting themself into the Warframe ( remote control style )

We don't know exactly what is inside a warframe, but the Tenno are not inside them. 

Spoiler

Tenno inside are only mentally inside the warframe and potentially just over ride the warframes own conscious.  Its not entirely clear if the relationship is symbiotic, parasitic, or none of those.

1 hour ago, bowiespoon said:

Its assumed that the frames contain a modified strain of infested flesh, hence why they can bleed.

Rhino prime codex entry

No, they are bio-engineered but they dont have anything infested in them. The Infested claim we are like them because our Warframes were also created by the Orokin,

The Warframes were created by Margulis along with her Transference technology.

1 hour ago, folklore504 said:

We don't know exactly what is inside a warframe, but the Tenno are not inside them. 

Unless your playing in the Japanese version of the game. I dont know what goes on with their censorship but in the Jap Version Warframes are in fact children in a suit. DE had to totally rewrite the lore for them...

Edited by BiancaRoughfin

well here's my fave theory, it seems the most plausible out of all the theories I've seen.

the Tenno is only the warframe's controller, not the wearer of the actual frame. the warframe itself is a synthetically created life form, and that's why they look alien. the Tenno(which is you) controls the frame in kind of a symbiotic way, uploading their consciousness into the frame and then basically having their mind in a synthesized body. then from wherever the operator's original body is, they go into stasis until they disconnect from the warframe. the only problem is that your human self that became a Tenno and connected to the frame died years ago after the frame went into stasis, with your mind still connected. so your human body is long dead, but your mind was kept alive inside of the warframe. because of that, you can't disconnect from the frame anymore because you have no other body to switch to. so there is a living thing inside of a warframe, but it isn't you, and it can't be removed because it was "built in" with the armor technically being it's skin and even having blood and muscle inside it.

basically, using a warframe is like your brain being temporarilly moved into a really awesome badass alien cyborg ninja thing, totally different from a human. also Volt is a perfect example of this, because he has six eyes(maybe four, I can't really tell lol) and really wierd feet.

Edited by (PS4)CovertSkrub314

7 hours ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

The most popular theory as of late, is that they're a type of sentient infested. U19 apparently should elaborate more on their true nature, which hopefully will have something to do with the Stalker and Excalibur Umbra.

I'm with this. In fact, I'm a fan of the theory the the warframes and the infested are both creations from a modified version of the technocyte virus from dark sector, this being in the theory that dark sector and war frame take place in the same universe at vastly different times. 

I was thinking along the lines of an advanced cybernetic android; using technocyte based Flesh (Infested connection) for the living tissue that bleeds and is vulnerable to toxic damage.

Then Neural Sensors and other bits have to have some connection to allow for the 'Transference' operating the warframes.

So due to the nature of technocyte, warframes have living 'human' like tissues that likely do not have the same sorts of organs, muscles and other bits to be expected parts of normal humans, even though Warframes have a humanoid form.