Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Odonata Rework

Kinetos

I have all 3 Archwings plus Odonata Prime. All are rank 30. I like Archwing as is, but it needs work, and I want it to get that work so I can love it. 

Odonata's abilities appear to be out of date compared to the other 2 Archwings. Itzal and Elytron both work well in open space or corridors, but Odonata seems to really only work in corridors. Its abilities just don't have the range needed for use in open space, and they can be difficult to use and understand. 

Current State
1. Electric Shell 
Buffs outgoing damage similar to Electric Shield. 
Not bad, but doesn't block AOE, which is a general thing. All enemy deployed cover abilities like Arctic Eximus and Nullifiers block AOE and all of their AOE attacks penetrate player deployed cover like Snowglobe, Electric Shield, Electric Shell. 

2. Disarray 
I'm not even sure what it does. There is no telling when it's needed, and no telling that it's been successful. The new incoming missile hud element was a baby step in the right direction, but it comes up, and I can't tell if I need to Disarray or ignore it, because ignoring it seems to make no difference and using Disarray doesn't make the hud element go away. 
It's also the only missile countermeasure that only does missile countermeasures. Elytron Plasma Vent leaving a DoT in its wake and Itzal teleporting or cloaking to evade missiles, each of them have secondary effects. 

3. Seeking Fire
Moderate fixed damage per missile, range is adequate for corridors but extremely short range in open space. Also, critically important, no other abilities can be cast duration Seeking Fire's considerable cast time. 
Mod effects:
Strength increases missile count and therefore duration. 

4. Repulse
Moderate damage 
Short range. 
Rumored to Blind and or Disarm enemies, I haven't been able to confirm either. 

Rework 
1. Electric Shell 
Besides player deployed structures stopping AOE, no changes specific to only Electric Shell 

2. Disarray 
+Blinds nearby enemies. Adds a secondary effect to this countermeasure ability. 
Hud changes that benefit every Archwing, but make Disarray tons easier to use for missile evasion:
missiles have individual lock warnings that indicate direction and distance, only for missiles actually locked specifically to you. 

3. Seeking Fire 
+Allows other abilities to be cast during the duration of Seeking Fire, but not recasting Seeking Fire itself 
+huge range buff
Mod effects:
Strength increases damage per missile 
Duration increases number of missiles and therefore duration of the cast

4. Repulse 
+Stun enemies and jam their weapons
+Increase range 
+Increase push strength 
+do extra damage if pushed enemies collide with anything, like Snowglobe 
-make LoS if necessary 
-remove blind and Disarm if they exist, which I doubt they do anyway. 

1 is fine.  Total damage immunity from the front from non-AOE and a powerful DPS enchancement is great, and probably the best Archwing power IMO.  The graphic can be pretty distracting/disorientating, so a change to that could be welcome.

2 does its job, covering the bombs/missiles that rolling won't and vice versa.  It doesn't feel super satisfying to use, but that's perhaps a different issue.  Energy is pretty abundant in AW, so it's not typically a big deal.

3 is pretty much useless.  Changes would be welcome.

4 was supposed to permanently disarm all affected enemies, but that feature has been broken for many months now.

Overall, Odonata is the strongest archwing IMO, due to the DPS increase of 1, and the defense offered by 1, 2, 4, and its [especially Prime's] robust base stats.  Itzal has its perks for mobility, revives, and farming, and Elytron has powerful point defense capability, but Odonata has the strong fundamentals that greatly enhance basic capabilities without gimmicks.  

Edited by RealPandemonium

well, it's 1st is called 'energy SHELL' but it's not even a shell, it doesn't cover you like an egg or shell....so if it was for me, I'd change it to cover the whole player, not like electric shield. plus, I never use it because of the freaking look of it, it blinds me from seeing enemies or mods and stuff, if they made it a real shell, I think that'll fix it 

other than that, I find no problem with the odonata, it's abilities are perfect for a start archwing. but if your changes were implemented, I won't hate them, so it's all good. I wish it's 3rd could do AoE dmg (or if it does, more of it, plus increasing the range of it too....since you know....it's space)