The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Custom Avatars. Srsly. I don't even play Excalibur. (Please? ^_^v)

Ced23Ric

I was thinking that people that actually spend time here wouldn't want to get banned.

Some people just enjoy nothing more than to bother and troll others only because they're anonymous and on the internet. I don't think anyone like that would care much about getting banned on the forums of a f2p game. But then I've been to the APB forums which is full of people like that so I'm quite biased on this subject lol.

Some people just enjoy nothing more than to bother and troll others only because they're anonymous and on the internet. I don't think anyone like that would care much about getting banned on the forums of a f2p game. But then I've been to the APB forums which is full of people like that so I'm quite biased on this subject lol.

So many people here from APB :D

Dear DE,

I believe I have a solution, in idea form, that may satisfy all personsin this thread. A lot want custom avatars, while others think it's "silly" or "annoying". I propose that in the user's setting here in the forums you can make the following options available.

"Use Custom Avatar". If selected, allows a custom avatar, otherwise uses selected Warframe avatar

"Hide Custom Avatars". This option, if selected would show only default Warframe avatars.

"Custom Avatar". The option for a custom avatar. Weather it's a link or a size limited upload is up to you.

"Warframe Avatar". Allows user to set a default Warframe avatar to use. This is the avatar used for persons that have "Hide Custom Avatar" selected.

This could/would satisfy us I believe. Personally I want a custom avatar, and this is just an idea on how to make everyone happy.

And here is where I say... "Any idea/input on this post, if used, would be the sole property of Digital Extremes"

Honestly I don't care for credit, take the ideas if you like them! :)

Edited by Kasatome

Nice one Kasatome, I can see that working well for everyone.

And here is where I say... "Any idea/input on this post, if used, would be the sole property of Digital Extremes"

Honestly I don't care for credit, take the ideas if you like them! :)

lol did you really have to add that..? :P

Oh hai!

We need custom avatars. I mean, look at this avatar I made.

ced23ric_avatar.png

The people have spoken, I need that.

I am not making this up!

PS: Think of the kittens, DE. You don't hate kittens, do you? You cannot hate the kittens.

Hating Excaliburs? Thinking we are weak?

Wait until PVP is introduced...You may top off your Hats on Excalibur Tennos ;)

hmmm if we cant have Custom Avatars....maybe we could have custom avatars of our warframes *thinks aloud* a little crop box that allows a screen shot of our Warframe and its color scheme to be uploaded to both the forums and our profiles in games......

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm if we cant have Custom Avatars....maybe we could have custom avatars of our warframes *thinks aloud* a little crop box that allows a screen shot of our Warframe and its color scheme to be uploaded to both the forums and our profiles in games......

This. There should also be some cool -relevant- avatars unlocked through mastery ranks. Maybe at mastery level 20 you get the Stalker, as an example.

In a lot of topic I have to look each time to the name to know who is speakin. It detracts a lot from the usual reading as if it was a dialog.

On the endless space forums there's also no custom avatar, and even with a lot of variety there will always be less choice than the number of users. So there'll always be some duplicates. And they will detract from reading. It's not a bug that won't let me read, but it's a real inconvenience.

If we're allowed custom avatars I think I'll just make a cool one of my warframe (seperate it from the presets), but keep it warframe based either way (keeps it looking like a forum for a game rather then a chat room IMO).

Regarding the whole founder badges being too distracting, perhaps make the avatar borders correspond to the package:

Default: black border

Disciple: Dark grey

Hunter: Bronze/Brown

Master: Gold

Grand Master: White

Or better yet, let the badge icon be the background image behind the warframe based on your package...

Excellent idea : We keep the warframe mood in the forums and each one will be different.