Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nexus App Causes PS4 Account Authentication Failure

(PSN)BlitzKeir

What the title says. I had the app running in the background on my iPhone 6S, ran T4 sab with some clanmates, as soon as we extracted I got an update error. The game retried to update, failed, I canceled the next retry. Clanmates confirmed they received no error and got the correct rewards. Closed the game, restarted PS4, started WF again. Checked Nexus app. Ran a T4 sab, exact same scenario occurred.

Realized it was related to the app, since I've seen it cause PS4 account authentication errors before, although not this one specifically. Closed the app, closed the game, restarted WF, joined same squad with clanmates. Ran a T4 MD with the app closed. Extracted successfully, account updated. Then opened the app, claimed a couple specters from my foundry, hit lockscreen and ran a T1 MD. When the squad reached extraction, account failed to update and retried. I allowed it to retry four times, then closed the app, and allowed two more retries. All failed, I canceled and we extracted. Account was not updated. Squad confirms they were stuck at extraction, unable to return to ship until I canceled the retry attempts.

Ran one last test. Started mission with app open, and closed the app before objective completion, then extracted. Results were identical to the previous test, however this time I didn't close the game right away. A couple of minutes later, I attempted to invite someone to the squad, and instead failed to connect to server and was kicked to login.

Conclusion: If the app is open when a void mission starts, your account will not be updated on extraction, and you will experience connectivity issues that culminate in a d/c. Haven't tested with non-void missions, but I expect the same results. There is no way around this that I can think of, apart from just not using the app while you play the game.

The Nexus foundry looks cleaner and functions well now, so thanks for that. But the authentication bugs have gotten of hand.

Edited by (PS4)BlitzKeir

Logging into the app or game from any device will log you out of all other devices. Unless there's a bug, there should be a pop up, in the game and the app, that asks you if you would like to force a logout on the other device.

Unfortunately, we don't have this set up to communicate forced logouts, so that is why you are getting authentication errors. The app has the same problem; if you log into another device while logged into the app, all account actions will return authentication errors. Until we have a fix for this, please try to avoid using the app while logged in to the game.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Oooohhh!!! I thought that naught have been the case for me a couple times!! Ugh.  I was starting up a Draco and I wanted to change out some extractors on the app. Don't think anything of it. Played a few rotations and picked up a kubrow bite mod. Super happy, then after extracting, ERROR ACCOUNT DISCONNECTED! So sad and I figured it was from the app being logged in. Now I know not to use the app while playing on the console...