Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sigyn - Mirage Skin [Now on the Workshop]

novabjorn

Awesome! It looks infested to me for some reason. I like it. I love the asymmetry too. I'd absolutely spend the money I don't have on this.

Sigyn huh? Hm.. Will we be getting a Loki skin from you later then? That would be awesome.

13 hours ago, Espelonia said:

Awesome! It looks infested to me for some reason. I like it. I love the asymmetry too. I'd absolutely spend the money I don't have on this.

Sigyn huh? Hm.. Will we be getting a Loki skin from you later then? That would be awesome.

Thanks, it's entirely possible for a Loki skin next, though I must admit Sigyn is coming along rather slow. I'm really only working on this during my lunch breaks right now, but i'm getting close enough I might just spend a couple nights to wrap it up.

Also, Update:

UQxTWzg.jpg

I love how it looks so far but my worries over how the color will go still stays.

On 4/22/2016 at 5:04 AM, Major_Phantom said:

I really love the ripped pattern look. It definitely seems like awesome color schemes can be made but how will you split the coloring further without breaking the look?

As it is now, looks awesome ^^ Looking forward to seeing more. Maybe split the shinier part into 2 sections? Sorta mimicking the 2 shiny parts the original mirage's body is divided in. It may help people port their color schemes preserving how good it looks.

• 2 weeks later...

looking good, i especially like the helmet. However just like Major_Phantom I'm a little concerned that you haven't left yourself a ton of room for color customizations, however we will see what will happen when you get to that part, so far so good :)

Can we get the colored one in a picture of a similar angle as the post above it? Something on the colored one doesn't quite seem proportional :/

Also, have you considered some more sharp bump-maps between the different sections? Like the blue going a bit over the purple.

@Major_Phantom Here's a shot using the same FoV (used a more dynamic FoV for the renders, that's why they don't seem proportional) as before with the new colors. I had them blue section as more of an overlap in the sculpt but didn't like it as much once i gave the inset a lip.

XFkJmrX.jpg

Edited by novabjorn

There's too much emissives especially on the helmet, so our eye tends to be all over the place making it look really busy.  It would probably help it you change the shape or size of some of the emissives for variety.

11 hours ago, raydog said:

There's too much emissives especially on the helmet, so our eye tends to be all over the place making it look really busy.  It would probably help it you change the shape or size of some of the emissives for variety.

That's just from the camera angle I think.

14 hours ago, novabjorn said:

Sure any suggestions?

Try swapping the main color (the blue) and see what can look good.

My personal taste would be swapping the blue for Black and the red for green. Orange and purple are an interesting combo to work off of as well. If you have the storm pallette, the dark blue and orange from it can combo nicely. Also you can try a orokin, grineer or corpus coloring.

@raydog Yeah I was actually thinking about reducing this on the helmet while I was working on it and forgot. I might remove a few of these before wednesday if I get the chance.

@Major_Phantom Cool, i'll make a few of these and get them uploaded, but I might wait for the emmissive change to the helmet, so hopefully tonight or tomorrow night I can have these up for you.