The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, its time to balance out stalker's drop rates

(PSN)official_79

I want to start off by saying I appreciate DE's efforts to make farming stalker and other assasins easier with the introduction of beacons at a reasonable 200 ducats.

However, shadow stalker's beacons at this current time are simply a hole to throw ducats in. With a majority of results ranging from dread, heavy impact, and argon crystals, it's very repetitive and unrewarding.

I propose two options :

1. Make blueprints drop 100% of the time, keep the drop chances for war, broken war, and schimitar engines, and divide the rest equally between stalker's original arsenal. This would give players variety in their results, continue making schimitar engines and war challenging to get, and allow players who have been plagued by RNG to reliably aquire his other two original weapons

2. Keep the blueprint drop chance at 50%, but give all of his drops an equal chance of dropping. This option I wouldn't recommend, its just something i've been thinking about

Making the your efforts rewarding is a significant part of this game, so I implore you to consider these ideas.

10 minutes ago, kubbi said:

Yes it is. The stalkers drop pool is a complete mess.

Just now, Rambit23Z said:

He always dropped a BP before Second Dream, sure it was a lot of Dreads, but that's still better than a ton of Molten Impacts. I'm pretty sure that's the last 5 drops he's had for me.

18 minutes ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

No it's not.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't really care for his loot... maybe because I already have broken war and war BPs BUT I do care about... his fighting style like come on! Hes pathetic now o.0 yes does have better defenses now but still you can one shot him, before The Second Dream he used to be a pain because he used to teleport everywhere and corner you with his abilities! 

My best streak with Stalker-senpai was fifteen Slash Dashes. I may have kept winning the battles, but Stalker-senpai was violating my hopes and breaking my will. Praise RNGesus that ability mods for Warframes were integrated. (Keep in mind this was back when we had ten slots for Warframes and actually had to slot Warframe abilities.)

Edited by (PS4)ToastyFairy01
HEALTH STAMINA ENDURANCE, EVERYTHING YOU NEED

5 hours ago, Senpai-Pie said:

I just want DE to remove the random mods he drops. He has absolutely no reason to drop them.

It honestly doesn't matter whether he drops the mods or not.
He can drop both a mod and a BP because when he dies the game rolls both to see what mod he drops and then also rolls to see whether he drops a BP or not and then if so what BP he does drop.  So its not like getting a mod drop prevents you from getting a BP drop.

And anyways, its not like removing everything but "Blind Justice" will cause that mod to drop more frequently (and it is the only way to get that mod so he needs to keep dropping it).  All it means is that if you remove his other mods then stalker will drop even less than he currently does.

On 4/22/2016 at 1:34 PM, Rambit23Z said:

How does it make sense that an upgraded boss drops downgraded loot?

And what "downgraded loot" does he drop?
Normal Stalker drops (this is ignorring mods because both mods and BPs can drop at the same time as they are both rolled):
-Dread Blueprint
-Despair Blueprint
-Hate Blueprint
-Scimitar Engine Blueprint

Shadow Stalker drops:
-Dread Blueprint
-Despair Blueprint
-Hate Blueprint
-War Blueprint
-Broken-War Blueprint

So in what way are his drops "downgraded"?

Do you mean that he shouldn't drop Dread, Despair and Hate as Shadow Stalker?
In which case how is someone who doesn't have all those weapons supposed to get them after the Second Dream?

So please tell me what you mean by "downgraded loot" as Shadow Stalker doesn't drop any downgraded loot.

Edited by Tsukinoki

1 minute ago, Tsukinoki said:

It honestly doesn't matter whether he drops the mods or not.
He can drop both a mod and a BP because when he dies the game rolls both to see what mod he drops and then also rolls to see whether he drops a BP or not and then if so what BP he does drop.  So its not like getting a mod drop prevents you from getting a BP drop.

And anyways, its not like removing everything but "Blind Justice" will cause that mod to drop more frequently (and it is the only way to get that mod so he needs to keep dropping it).  All it means is that if you remove his other mods then stalker will drop even less than he currently does.

Less is more, in this situation. I'd rather get a bunch of Blind Justice mods to be able to gift them to people who might want one instead of getting a pile of Molten Impacts and such that everyone has. Intensify and Golden Fusion Cores are acceptable drops. Not to mention, you can get these common mods easily by defeating other regular enemies. Stalker is a mini-boss and getting just that as a drop for your troubles is annoying, especially if he was attacking people who were not well equipped.

1 hour ago, Tsukinoki said:

Shadow Stalker drops:
-Dread Blueprint
-Despair Blueprint
-Hate Blueprint
-War Blueprint
-Broken-War Blueprint

In theory maybe. It seems in case he drops a BP there is a 99% that he drops Dread while all the other drops only have a shared 1% chance to drop. I did quiet a few beacon keyshares until I gave up on them. Total waste of ducats. Since I did the Second Dream quest Stalker hasn't dropped a BP for me that wasn't Dread.

I had more than enough plat from trading so I simply bought his new stuff. That does not change the fact that his loot-table is Dreadful. Or rather, "full of dread"^^

8 hours ago, (PS4)ArnnFrost said:

I don't really care for his loot... maybe because I already have broken war and war BPs BUT I do care about... his fighting style like come on! Hes pathetic now o.0 yes does have better defenses now but still you can one shot him, before The Second Dream he used to be a pain because he used to teleport everywhere and corner you with his abilities! 

He still gives pain. I rely on Corrupted troops to damage him(not sufficient to kill) and I keep running away from him. I still got killed. By a Death Orb. So the only times I kill him is during Beaconshares.

15 minutes ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

In theory maybe. It seems in case he drops a BP there is a 99% that he drops Dread while all the other drops only have a shared 1% chance to drop. I did quiet a few beacon keyshares until I gave up on them. Total waste of ducats. Since I did the Second Dream quest Stalker hasn't dropped a BP for me that wasn't Dread.

I had more than enough plat from trading so I simply bought his new stuff. That does not change the fact that his loot-table is Dreadful. Or rather, "full of dread"^^

What you're running into is the fact that his BPs are of different rarity.

Dread is his common drop which is about 75% drop chance when he does drop a BP.
His uncommon drops (which combined have around a 23% drop chance) are: Despair, Hate, War, and Broken War
His rare drop taking up the last 2ish% is the scimitar engines.

Even if he dropped a BP every single time you killed him you would still be getting Dread 3 out of 4 times.

Its just how his drop table is structured.

Really the only remedy is moving the drop tiers around so its not so biased towards Dread, but even then there will still be that one rare piece that people will claim never drops.

3 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

And what "downgraded loot" does he drop?
Normal Stalker drops (this is ignorring mods because both mods and BPs can drop at the same time as they are both rolled):
-Dread Blueprint
-Despair Blueprint
-Hate Blueprint

Shadow Stalker drops:
-Dread Blueprint
-Despair Blueprint
-Hate Blueprint
-War Blueprint
-Broken-War Blueprint

So in what way are his drops "downgraded"?

Do you mean that he shouldn't drop Dread, Despair and Hate as Shadow Stalker?
In which case how is someone who doesn't have all those weapons supposed to get them after the Second Dream?

So please tell me what you mean by "downgraded loot" as Shadow Stalker doesn't drop any downgraded loot.

Regular Stalker always dropped a BP of some sort, that's all I want, for Shadow Stalker to do the same. My last 8 kills was only mods. That's the downgrade. Going from "something" to "maybe something".

14 minutes ago, Rambit23Z said:

Regular Stalker always dropped a BP of some sort, that's all I want, for Shadow Stalker to do the same. My last 8 kills was only mods. That's the downgrade. Going from "something" to "maybe something".

Stalker never "always dropped a BP".  And I've been here since the very first incarnation of Stalker (What stalker?).  And back when they first added him to the game there were people constantly complaining that he never dropped anything.  It was never a guarantee that killing stalker got you a BP of any sort.

Originally both Stalker and Shadow Stalker dropped a BP around 30% of the time.
It was never consistent or guaranteed that he would drop something.

They recently buffed it to 50% of the time he drops a BP.

Which failed to address the real issue with stalkers drops and how biased they are.

54 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Stalker never "always dropped a BP".  And I've been here since the very first incarnation of Stalker (What stalker?).  And back when they first added him to the game there were people constantly complaining that he never dropped anything.  It was never a guarantee that killing stalker got you a BP of any sort.

Originally both Stalker and Shadow Stalker dropped a BP around 30% of the time.
It was never consistent or guaranteed that he would drop something.

They recently buffed it to 50% of the time he drops a BP.

Which failed to address the real issue with stalkers drops and how biased they are.

It has been for a while. And that doesn't change the fact that he drops a bunch of trash mods. Especially when they reduced his spawnrate a while back.

It's well past time for them to have changed this. 

I killed the Stalker over 50 times just in January this year. Hell, I can solo him with half of my Frames. As long as I've been playing I'm sure it's well into the three-digits. He doesn't drop anything. Ever. 

I've collected all of his original parts by this point, but once they added in the new stuff I've almost never seen him drop anything at all.

I've already gotten all his drops, but in my 3 years of playing (Don't for the life of me remember when he was given weapon drops) I've only seen the Hate once. The random mods (except Blind Justice) on him don't have much of a point in staying since they show up everywhere else.