The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beheth and Lephas, infested inspired claw and sword morph-weapon

Tenedranox

Introduction

So here is my concept idea for a kinda new generation of melee weapons, the main idea is that the way the weapon plays changes while channeling. Better said: the stance, look, stats and best way to build it changes.

The offhand part is a battle bracer and the main hand an infested sabre. The battle bracer should look like its out of steel, battle damaged and so on, even a bit technocyte-ish (lore problems?) The sword part on the other hand is inspired by the scythe of lephantis.

When u start channeling the weapons change, meaning that the infestation grows. The battle bracer starts to expand, becoming more claw-ish and open itself just like the juggernaut, further more the sword part becomes more dangerous with the growth of the infestation evolving "stylish" spikes.

And here is the concept art:

Ak7nVrv.jpg

About the playstyle and stats:

Not channeled:

A basic sword combat style, advanced with some punches and groundslams with the bracer. Crit based and low status, average base damage, mostly slash damage.

Channeled:

Combat focused around the claw, sword only used for supporting the main attack (offhand combat style). Low crit but high status, base damage gets quartered, but channeling damage is 4x instead of 1.5x, channeling cost 2 energy, most of physical damage gets transfered to viral damage, base attack speed heavily increased, claw sweeps can hit multiple enemies..

So thats it for now, what do u think?

Thanks for ur attention.

Spoiler

On 23.4.2016 at 6:25 PM, (PS4)GR13V4NC3 said:

I think that it should be a 3 stage transform, though.

- Quick Melee: The set should look as normal/in its default form.

- Equipped Melee: The growth should expand showing the mixture of infested and metal.

- Channeling: Set goes full-on, werewolf mode. Looks like "Prototype," but infested style.

1+ like it, would be a lot to animate overall, but ill keep it as an opportunity.

Edited by Dragonblack175

It's a neat idea.  I like it.

Based on the mock-ups, I might like to see different damage types depending on the form, for something like this.  :)

Possibly some stances that make it change form using different combo moves?

Just some thoughts.

1 minute ago, pooptaco said:

It's a neat idea.  I like it.

Based on the mock-ups, I might like to see different damage types depending on the form, for something like this.  :)

Possibly some stances that make it change form using different combo moves?

Just some thoughts.

Thanks.

Well like it wrote, normal form critbased and mostly slash, evolved form status based and mostly viral, if u mean smth like that.

Hmm cool idea tho, but i want to stick to the channeling aspect, because channeling and especially channeling damage are underused and too expensive imo, so i tried to make a twist in the way how to build the weapon effectively by reducing its base damage but increasing the channeling multiplicator, so any increasements to channeling damage would have an much higher impact on overall damage.

I like it. Thundercats, HOOOOO! ... sorta :P

- Equipped Melee: The growth should expand showing the mixture of infested and metal.

- Channeling: Set goes full-on, werewolf mode. Looks like "Prototype," but infested style.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)GR13V4NC3 said:

I like it. Thundercats, HOOOOO! ... sorta :P

Conceptwise it would be so cool, but that would be even more to animate etc ^^ so its cool to at least give it as an option

Edited by Dragonblack175

• 2 weeks later...

This entire concept aint too shabby

We lack in general impact in meelee weapons.

The Mechanic of Channeling helped to a certain extent but was as expected Manahungry. 

On a Solo perspective this was more or less useless since you rather used your abilitys then ever channel attacks, even with a full minimized Cost build which cost so much slots that there was barely room for anything else. On a Group Note you were to rely heavily on a trinity or other forms of energy regeneration if your there for the damage. That could also backfire since Meelee is as mentioned just usable to a certain extend. 

This would be a weapon that builds AROUND the MECHANIC of Channeling as its core mechanic. A lot of weapons lately are gimmiky in their mechanics so why not meele weapon in this regard?

this is pretty cool. but i have a few notes here.

I feel like the channel form should have a good "back end" effect considering it costs energy just to use. what i mean by this is that since the stance changes while channeling, perhaps the channel state is inherently faster than the not channel, or perhaps more mobile.

Also, on a technical note, i dont know if the bracer bit would be able to entirely cover the fingers due to clipping/model issues. but thats not to say there can't be claws. or i might just be plain wrong.

all in all, this concept is really cool and id certainly enjoy seeing it in game. I imagine the non channel stance is more refined and controlled while the channel stance is savage and powerful!

9 hours ago, MrPigman said:

this is pretty cool. but i have a few notes here.

I feel like the channel form should have a good "back end" effect considering it costs energy just to use. what i mean by this is that since the stance changes while channeling, perhaps the channel state is inherently faster than the not channel, or perhaps more mobile.

Also, on a technical note, i dont know if the bracer bit would be able to entirely cover the fingers due to clipping/model issues. but thats not to say there can't be claws. or i might just be plain wrong.

all in all, this concept is really cool and id certainly enjoy seeing it in game. I imagine the non channel stance is more refined and controlled while the channel stance is savage and powerful!

Thanks!

Hmm...true, but dps-wise it should not completly outdamage its normal version, so when it becomes faster, single hits should be weaker. However when i imagine it going berserk...its much cooler ^^

I dont know about the technical stuff DE is using, but i can imagine that for the finger/claw part of the weapon a texture overlay could be used (sigils also do this, kinda).

Thanks for ur feedback!