Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive throw attack SHOULD wreck everything!!

SaucyTuckermax

hey guys, just wanted to chime in here I know dmg 3.0 is coming but until then I really want the throw attack / charge attack for glaive type weapons to absolutely wreck everything. If any of you have played 'Dark sector' (digital extremes other game) then you know that the glaive was like your primary weapon in the game and you pretty much use it for the entire game. I'm not saying i want it to kill like lvl 100 enemies in 1 throw / charge but the damage it currently does is next to nill and it's just worthless basically. DE should pay homage to it's other game and make glaive type weapons 'worth throwing' #Makeglaivesworththrowing

The glaive throw was pretty useless before the change actually. It took forever to fit to come back and bounced around too much. That's why we got the mods to reduce those aspects on it in the first place. I'd honestly like to see the crit chances and damage be worked a bit like bows in this respect though. Rather than on headshot, on throw be given a 100% chance to crit and bump the crit damage up to around a base 3x. Maybe then it would actually be worth looking at.

Glaive throw damage is unimpressive to begin with, for the amount of time each throw takes. Further, between bouncing being mostly a waste of time (I don't think I've ever seen bounces hit something) - and therefore something to mod out - and slow flight speed (and Power Throw taking a third), you have a built-in opportunity cost of 2-3 mod slots, which are mod slots you can't use to increase its damage.

It does alright if you're invisible stealthy in a non-endless mode.

And maybe it's just me but yes, while I aesthetically appreciate the new throw animation, the new trajectory completely screwed up my use of the Glaive. Unless I have a clear shot, I won't even bother trying anymore (because woops, Power Throw-assisted  suicide). Cannot make it work.

The problem with ALL Glaive-type weapons in Warframe is very simple: they are treated as melee weapons.

They shouldn't be.  The default left click/quick melee/attack button should be to throw the damn thing.  It should have ZERO charge time.  In fact, you shouldn't be able to melee strike with it at all.  Nothing but throwing.  Other than the Cerata with a Berserker build they all completely suck as melee weapons anyway (and even that is only so good...)

If they just did that, they could rebalance all the weapons around thrown damage ONLY and make them good.

You'd have to be careful with amping up the power considering many have issues killing themselves with the explosions.

3 hours ago, MonkeyWaffles said:

make alt fire as a throw button instead of the current charge attack, and make all bounces hit actual targets. as well, include unarmed melee while the thrown weapon is still in the air.

Except no one equips thrown melees to begin with... The unarmed melee while in the air thing would be good.

Edited by Insizer

6 hours ago, Insizer said:

You'd have to be careful with amping up the power considering many have issues killing themselves with the explosions.

Except no one equips thrown melees to begin with... The unarmed melee while in the air thing would be good.

i actually still do use thrown melee occasionally. I'd reckon if thrown melee goes through nullifier bubbles, it'd be used much more as well.

10 hours ago, MonkeyWaffles said:

i actually still do use thrown melee occasionally. I'd reckon if thrown melee goes through nullifier bubbles, it'd be used much more as well.

I use thrown melees almost exclusively. What I meant is that no one fully equips it, as in stow their gun and pull out their melee. Very few do that because there is no reason to do that with thrown melees other than channeling for lifestrike.