Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Irregular Ally (part: 16)

Revel72

"You have quite colorful family Araburn" Equinox said when Araburn's father was taken to home. "True but... Believe me he is quite fond of exaggerate things" Araburn said "Tell me the real version" Equinox said "Yes I did take down a gang bare handed with only hand to hand combat experience. They were not trained for real combat so it was easy to see the incoming attacks and unleash blows that made me vulnerable for a counter attack if not executed at the moments when breaking opponents form" Araburn said "What about the bullet dodge?" Equinox asked "When I entered the room where my father and corrupted law enforcer unit were. I saw handgun about to be pointed at me so I dodged" Araburn said.

"Basic reaction pretty much" Equinox said "Indeed in middle of roll I grabbed the pipe. Quick stand up and swing to knock the gun away but I missed the follow up by enforcer jumping backwards as my father went to look for the handgun. Although that was unnecessary as the enforcer grabbed metal pipe too but let me see every move he was about to execute. Leading to total beat down with form break attacks being sequenced to allow him not to recover from barrage of my own attacks. I have to admit. That made my heart race faster than ever" Araburn said. "So how has your heart been in these times?" Equinox asked.

"I have enjoyed and I will still enjoy working with you" Araburn said "You know a Katana would be better than that sword" Equinox said "Katana's have a bad history about getting even punched in to pieces with a well armored fist. I can do that same to your swords too" Araburn said "So you prefer the slow and sturdy instead of something that moves quickly" Equinox said "I do. Besides I prefer defensive approach in combat even if I am the one who gets called to rush at incoming bullet storm by you" Araburn said "Explains the good beat downs you put out in sparring" Equinox said "I try not to hurt you so much" Araburn said while blushing a bit in his helmet.

"Ah don't worry about that but I wonder. I recovered that sword from ancient tomb in Earth you fight like the spirit in there" Equinox said "Clarify" Araburn said Equinox explained to Araburn "Well things are possible but I don't think that is possible" Araburn said "I wonder what kind of things your father has planned for you" Equinox said "Who knows" Araburn said "That blade was really heavy but I have to say it is impressive even if in combat" Equinox said "Do not fear the tool fear the wielder" Araburn said "Indeed. You unleash unseen horror in to our enemies with the way you use the blade. It is same time professional and extremely savage" Equinox said.

"I have difficulty to categorize this nag or compliment now. There was once said already presence of danger can halt another. Taking a life can preserve another. Those who bring fear upon others are constantly under fear. We two are just one of the many who comes to take away that fear from those who are about feel fear and from those who already are afraid. Enemy, ally or civilian. They are all the same at that border" Araburn said "You sound much more wise than anybody I have yet met like this" Equinox said "Probably staring to eyes of death makes you much more wise about how you are going to spend your life when you actually do survive" Araburn said.

"What do you think about the moment when you was awaken?" Equinox asked "A new chance. Chance to make things different before I pass away. That was everything I wanted. You helped me achieving this all. I am not going to kill myself but now when the difference has had been made. I am ready to face death with open mind but before that. I will show people around me. That people like us. Are those who should be followed either by being beside this psychically or with mind" Araburn said "Prophet you sound like now more than a soldier" Equinox said "Soldiers are just as much scientists just a different way. Scientists fights the problems that are danger right now or later. Soldiers are fighting problems that are about to come or are already there" Araburn said.

"Well said" Equinox said "Anything else you want to ask?" Araburn asked "Why did you protect me against Shadow the first time?" Equinox asked "Momentary hesitation and new set of priorities followed that" Araburn said "The formal way to put that I guess but you just simply want to say that. You couldn't watch me getting killed" Equinox said "*sigh* True" Araburn said sounding a bit humble "I think that's it for now" Equinox said "Feel free to come for a talk" Araburn said and after two days. Araburn received a package from his father. He opened it one long Katana blade, one short Katana, Warhammer and a javelin that is much more sturdy than any other seen up to this day.

Araburn puts away his Zweihander and takes a hold from the javelin. "Your father knows how to make weapons. These look much more sturdier than our weapons" Equinox said "That is just one thing your weapons does more damage through your abilities" Araburn said "Although just like you said you could break a blade with a well placed punch" Equinox said "Reason why you must heat treat the weapons you make" Araburn said "You seem to know work of blacksmith quite well" Equinox said "Well I picked up couple things" Araburn said as throws the javelin up and catches it as it is in horizontal position.

"Are you trying to get adjusted to weight of the weapon?" Equinox asked "Exactly that" Araburn said "Next time when we get to visit in a simulacrum I would like to put these to test" Araburn said "We should do that right away. I want to see you in action with those" Equinox said "Appreciated if we do" Araburn said. Soon in simulacrum "This is an interesting companion Tenno" Simaris said as they entered his sanctuary "Don't even think about scanning me AI or I will find couple cables and do some 'customization' to them and my research of does a program feel pain will be complete" Araburn said.

"Araburn explain yourself" Equinox said Araburn looked at Simaris "Short version. Knowledge is power in it's own way" Araburn said "Hmm... True" Equinox said "Are you really going to deny the possibility to learn more of history of one who is following you Tenno?" Simaris asked "So you can employ a weapon against us for a new old war. I would rather have you deleted with an atomic bomb" Araburn said sounding more and more angry. "Sorry Simaris but I know already enough" Equinox said "Why? Why are you not seeing things my way?" Simaris asked "Ignorance is bliss sometimes program. You should probably try it every now and when" Araburn said sounding a bit more neutral.

[Alternate version]

"It wouldn't hurt to learn more but not now" Equinox said "Understood Tenno" Simaris said "If I do die because that program I will make sure that my ghost will not let you rest easily" Araburn said sounding greatly frustrated. "I hope you will make sure he is not going to tear my sanctuary apart" Simaris said "Oh she better do. Because I will enjoy every second of agony you feel. If you can feel it" Araburn said sounding a bit more neutral.

[Back to story]

They entered the simulacrum and Araburn practiced use of all four new weapons. "So speak to me Araburn" Equinox said "Not here but all I can say now is. Knowledge is power in it's own way. We must be extremely careful when speaking with anybody" Araburn said "We gave you power..." Equinox said "It isn't the same" Araburn interrupted when he had sheathed all of his weapons and shield. Pointed left hand front finger at Equinox lightly "How?" Equinox asked "I am in dept and serve under you. Nobody is watching what Simaris is doing but you are watching what I am doing" Araburn said.

"When you put it like that... That is true. Do you think we should eradicate him after the war?" Equinox replied Araburn walked to nearby pillar and thought a bit as he stares at it. Turned around and relied his back against the pillar. "You asked a really difficult question now... Part of me says we should but other part of me... Says... We should make sure that the alliance between the two. Needs to be kept safe and watched over. He is valuable even after this all. History is not really important thing but we do need minds like Simaris as example and as an angle of how to see things" Araburn said "Just try not to be angry I think Ordis would have your part of orbiter oxygen drained if this found out how you feel about Cephalons" Equinox joked.

"Well... That's quite well put. I will watch my language from now on" Araburn said.

[Alternate version]

"Speak to me Araburn" Equinox said "Maybe after cracking open couple juggernauts..." Araburn said sounding angry "I know how you feel Araburn what I am thinking is best for your kind. Orokin was afraid of us because they couldn't control us. What if these events gets repeated?" Equinox replied. Araburn thought a moment. "Let me be the one who speaks and kills to make sure that won't happen but instead you chose to put me on a table to be cut open" Araburn said "There can be other people who are like you" Equinox said "Can be? What if there isn't. *sigh* Tenno. There is a lot of people out there. Some with falsehoods implanted in to their minds! I can make difference!" Araburn shouted. Operator thought a moment.

"You are right Araburn. I will speak with Simaris but I just ask from you one thing" Equinox said "I hope we can avoid these kind of things from now on. Don't worry I will give Simaris what he needs but giving myself fully to be sliced apart by him is not negotiable" Araburn said "I am sorry" Equinox said "I am sorry from shouting to you" Araburn said.