Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 5.4.2 - "Fixin' for fixes"

[DE]Rebecca

I feel really bad about the mod stacking. I mean, now you can't even build your character the way you want it to be without being restricted by cap on the mods.

I've been trying this out now for like half an hour and it's no difference from having +274% Melee Damage and + 430%. Being restricted in what I'm allowed to make my characters superior in takes away a very important game aspect for me. I don't mind having superior damage output but being super squishy which adds another level of game understanding. Knowing how to make the best choice in certain situations to make it into safety or just basically see in which way you can get through unseen etc. That part is now being removed from the game.

I liked the way it was before and being able to play the game the way I wanted to, now I can't. Sadly the truth and I hope you take it into consideration.

There is no cap, anywhere, but the stacking is different. If you are saying 274% and 430% are not different, that certainly sounds like a big bug.

I will repeat this, which we are working on:

We'll be going a full boosting pass on Mod strength, so expect some good gains in the next update but not the insane run-away values we had before when stacking matched types.

I feel really bad about the mod stacking. I mean, now you can't even build your character the way you want it to be without being restricted by cap on the mods.

I've been trying this out now for like half an hour and it's no difference from having +274% Melee Damage and + 430%. Being restricted in what I'm allowed to make my characters superior in takes away a very important game aspect for me. I don't mind having superior damage output but being super squishy which adds another level of game understanding. Knowing how to make the best choice in certain situations to make it into safety or just basically see in which way you can get through unseen etc. That part is now being removed from the game.

I liked the way it was before and being able to play the game the way I wanted to, now I can't. Sadly the truth and I hope you take it into consideration.

Sounds like you should a) quantify & qualify your data and b) post your own feedback thread on this, good sir.

I understand your concern and I did my excel and graphing calculator homework. Rest assured, we want the same thing: pay off for high-end specialization. Multiplicative stacking will perpetually bite us in the &#!, even moreso as we experiment with additional mod slots. So the clearest choices to me where: nerf multiplicative mods which sucks for low-end/nonstacked, or change it to multiply basevalue and add. I did not want to go down the road of hard limits or exponential decay as these become a UI and intuitiveness burden.

I am always open to suggestions (the cry for this change started on these forums, from our hardcore warframers)...

I sincerely hope the changes are not being decided by "hardcore warframers" as those are the ones who have already sunk serious money into the game. Those sort spent 100-250 bucks, but likely won't spend any more. When they are bored, they will just quit.

This game needs to appeal to recruiting more players, or it will eventually die off anyway. Something that must change is the near necesity to pay to play. How long will you keep new players when they realize that they didn't like their starting frame, farmed for another that they thought might be what they wanted, waited a few days... then realized that if they don't love this frame or their starter, that they must sell their old one for 25k to be able to try another?

It's more than fine to push people to grind something in game, play on their impatience, or make them want something cosmetic. What is not fine, is that they are essentially stuck at level 15 on any frame or weapon (without lucky alerts and being stuck to a computer to complete them before they expire. Seriously, with a game that's global alerts happen all the time when people are in bed/at work, how can a 30-50 minute window be new player friendly?), can only play 2 frames/8 weapons (1/3 are required to even play the game) and tolerate balancing around the high end players?

Heads up on mod stacking. Sorry to say, but multiplicative stacking (value = ((value*mod1)*mod2)*mod3) had to go. We'll be going a full boosting pass on Mod strength, so expect some good gains in the next update but not the insane run-away values we had before when stacking matched types.

Sounds good. One question though, all of the crit damage mods have been severely cut. Are you going to increase crit chance percentage?

I don't wanna sound rude or put anyone down but can we not whine for a few seconds and actually give some good feed back so that steve can have a good general idea of how to actually balance the game instead of having players whine about how they can't do something anymore?

Look I know it sucks not beable to one shot everything in pluto, but this is an mmo action rpg and as such, a level 30 frame shouldn't even be able to kill level 50+ mobs. This is beta and we were granted beta access to test these things to find a balance.

Edited by demsoulja

I wish I could play with the new mod values, but I'm out of town till friday. Can anyone tell me how the changes have effected high level missions? Is melee more or less competitive with guns in Pluto for example?

I did not see a big difference compared to before the patch, really. Then again, im not running with 300% multishot 500% critical damage.

melee lacking a little bit, but still pretty competetive.

New updates are great, stll waiting for some new stuff! xD

And can i suggest a feature , a command or something that could refresh the ui or players position while in a mission, to refresh the game's ui when problems like not moving minimap, stucked characters, and related problems, just a temporary fix to those if it occurs :3

Edited by CrystalRibbon