Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Hydroids tidal Surge please be affected by range yet?

oceano4

Slash dash, rhino charge and tidal surge are all travelin, damaging abilities, yet Hydroids is the only one affected by duration still.

please, please give it the others treatment, in most popular load outs, it's reduced to a tiny splash. :c

I do agree with your request, but you're wrong that he's alone.

• Zephyr's Tail Wind is still affected by duration.
  • Atlas's Landslide is still affected by duration (and not just the combo-like timer.)
  • The combo-like timer on Valkyr's Rip Line is affected by duration, even if distance/range isn't.

Thing is, 3/4 of Hydroid's kit (just like Zephyr and Atlas and actually Rhino and Excalibur, too) benefits from high duration anyway.  In other words, is this a problem?  Yes.  But it's a problem you shouldn't actually be experiencing because you should be running all of these frames with high-ish Power Duration anyway.  Of Hydroid's 4 abilities, only Tentacle Swarm benefits from a low duration, and even then, only for certain, specific builds based upon maximizing the initial damage in order to increase loot generation with the augment.

So...sorry, but though I agree this needs to be changed at some point, it is most definitely not a top priority.  Just run a good duration build and the devs will fix it whenever they fix it.

40 minutes ago, chuckdm said:

I do agree with your request, but you're wrong that he's alone.

• Zephyr's Tail Wind is still affected by duration.
  • Atlas's Landslide is still affected by duration (and not just the combo-like timer.)
  • The combo-like timer on Valkyr's Rip Line is affected by duration, even if distance/range isn't.

Thing is, 3/4 of Hydroid's kit (just like Zephyr and Atlas and actually Rhino and Excalibur, too) benefits from high duration anyway.  In other words, is this a problem?  Yes.  But it's a problem you shouldn't actually be experiencing because you should be running all of these frames with high-ish Power Duration anyway.  Of Hydroid's 4 abilities, only Tentacle Swarm benefits from a low duration, and even then, only for certain, specific builds based upon maximizing the initial damage in order to increase loot generation with the augment.

So...sorry, but though I agree this needs to be changed at some point, it is most definitely not a top priority.  Just run a good duration build and the devs will fix it whenever they fix it.

Well I hope those features sooner than later, because DE did say, iirc, with that update with all frame passives coming out, they would throw on a few tweaks too?

17 minutes ago, oceano4 said:

Well I hope those features sooner than later, because DE did say, iirc, with that update with all frame passives coming out, they would throw on a few tweaks too?

I believe the tweaks they were referencing were related to Vauban.

But I do agree with you, still, it would be nice.  The question is how much work this would be.  If it's a matter of DE changing the variables used in a formula, it shouldn't take more than 30 minutes of actual work for them to do this.  (I've done some PHP programming in my day.  Not the same language, but once you know the language, code is code.)  If it requires that they modify animations somehow, then you're talking several hours and multiple departments, but if this is as simple as fixing a formula, the yeah, we might get it soon.

If it takes more than a formula change, though, there are other things the animation department, and others, need to focus on.