Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

LF Limbo Build

(PSN)mmcareen

Question

Hi, I have done this twice before and it worked out great, so figured I do this again for my last 4 frames.  Personally not a limbo fan, too many trolls has soured me on him but I do know there are limbo lovers out here.  I'm going to put some work into mine so would like the limbo person to steer me in the right direction. 

So I was hoping some of ye guys could give me your builds, I will try them out and make whatever adjustments to make it work for my play style.  Thank you for your help and your time!

6 answers to this question

Ill give you a basic Idea of mine. Its simple really.

#1 You want his cataclysm to be as small as possible (narrow minded only :P).

#2 You want his energy regen to be as large as possible(If you did second dream [WARNING: dont spoil i for yourself!] get a school). Also any arcanes and siphon aura are good too.

#3 you want to use him like a caster so get a STRONG melee weapon and add a LOT of channeling+crit mods. (I use destreza ONLY due to its speed and guaranteed bleed :P) best thing to use is orthos prime with prime reach (which I am switching to).

#4 with the slots you have left build STRAIGHT power strength. Why? Because you can get a X5+ multiplier when in your cataclysm and using rift surge that is why!

And in short you get a frost like globe thats good for self defense because when something is outside it doesn't hurt you, but if it comes in you use your ridiculous energy and channel+crit+X5 multipliar and it DIES the end.

That is why I use limbo. The end.

]\'[

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 5:24 PM, ThorienKELL said:

Youtube, methodical man by brozime. Search it. 

I looked at some of his videos and in all honesty I was not that impressed.  Mods not leveled up, some frames with empty slots, no forma in a lot of frames.  I'm actually look for a build from someone who actively plays the frame, who knows the ins and outs of it.  Its why I come to the forums for advice instead of you tube as most you tubes, just try to quickly get a video up about whatever just so they have something new on their channel.  Thanks for the help all the same

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 7:21 PM, MokutoBunshi said:

Ill give you a basic Idea of mine. Its simple really.

#1 You want his cataclysm to be as small as possible (narrow minded only :P).

#2 You want his energy regen to be as large as possible(If you did second dream [WARNING: dont spoil i for yourself!] get a school). Also any arcanes and siphon aura are good too.

#3 you want to use him like a caster so get a STRONG melee weapon and add a LOT of channeling+crit mods. (I use destreza ONLY due to its speed and guaranteed bleed :P) best thing to use is orthos prime with prime reach (which I am switching to).

#4 with the slots you have left build STRAIGHT power strength. Why? Because you can get a X5+ multiplier when in your cataclysm and using rift surge that is why!

And in short you get a frost like globe thats good for self defense because when something is outside it doesn't hurt you, but if it comes in you use your ridiculous energy and channel+crit+X5 multipliar and it DIES the end.

That is why I use limbo. The end.

]\'[

I will give this a try thank you, I'm assuming you use this build for survival mostly?  Let them come to you and destroy them? 

If anyone else has a build as well I would still love to hear/see it.  I have no problem putting extra forma in a frame to allow for changes in builds, most of my frames are 4 plus formas.

Thanks again for your time

1 minute ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

I looked at some of his videos and in all honesty I was not that impressed.  Mods not leveled up, some frames with empty slots, no forma in a lot of frames.  I'm actually look for a build from someone who actively plays the frame, who knows the ins and outs of it.  Its why I come to the forums for advice instead of you tube as most you tubes, just try to quickly get a video up about whatever just so they have something new on their channel.  Thanks for the help all the same

He has many vids with ton of content and you can certainly learn a lot from him, being new player or "pro", I know I did. Build he shows in linked vid is certainly viable and well devised, but if you are able to find better, good.

Here is my build for Limbo. He is my main and I've played hundreds of hours as him. After tweaking a lot of different mods on him, I've found that this one has the most balance between power, duration, and efficiency and really only compromises range (that he doesn't really need).

Intesify (Max)
Blind Rage (Level 7)
Constitution (Max)
Quick Thinking (Max)
Narrow Minded (Level 5)
Streamline (Max)
Continuity (Max)
Flow (Max)

I generally use Corrosive Projection for my aura to help out against armor with higher level Grineer that I often fight.

You'll need at least a couple forma into him I think to fit it all in. But, I've found keeping the levels on Blind Rage and Narrow Minded where they're at (level 7 and 5 respectively) is the best compromise. This gives you slightly over 200 power strength, your Rift Walk will last about 63 seconds, and your efficiency remains about the same at 98. Because your abilities benefit so much from duration, then duration really helps contribute toward efficiency while at the same time minimizing the micro-management of your abilities while you play. I've tried it the opposite way having extreme efficiency, but lower duration and it just doesn't work. I tried it where casting Rift Walk only costs like 3 energy, but having it only last about 15 seconds or so just isn't enough. You're constantly casting abilities which leaves no time for killing.

With this build, you can stay in Rift Walk for over a minute which helps you keep all the casting you do to a minimum. Plus, because you're not casting as much, it helps you maximum the energy regen you'll get from the rift (and Zenurik if you choose to, I do). With such a high duration, your Cataclysm will last for about a minute as well and the speed at which the radius decreases will be much slower. This off-sets the decreased range that you have and minimizes its effect that it has on Cataclysm's size. You don't need range for Banish since most of the time you'll be fairly close to whatever you're banishing anyway.

With about 200 power strength, your multiplier from Rift Surge will be at about 5x. This will give you a lot of extra damage output in the rift. It seems like there are some bugs with Rift Surge at the moment that are creating odd interactions between Rift Surge and damage increase mods like Serration and Hornet Strike. I'll be doing some testing tonight, but another member of the forum discovered this and you might need to be sure to test out what mods you're using to get the best benefit from Rift Surge. That being said, I highly recommend using multi-shot mods on whatever weapon you choose as those seem to give you the best boost with Rift Surge overall.

I also highly suggest using a Syndicate weapon or augment. Whenever the syndicate proc ticks, the AoE blast will hit enemies outside the rift even if you are inside the rift. This will greatly increase the amount of damage you do over the course of a mission. Even if your teammates are killing enemies around you, it will contribute to building that meter up allowing you to kill enemies without even bringing any into the rift with you.

I recommend casting Cataclysm at range and staying outside it and just shooting any enemies as they enter the bubble. It is safer and more energy efficient that way. It limits who can attack you back while at the same time avoiding having to Banish each enemy individually. There are a lot of tricks for clever placement of Cataclysm in different spots that I'm sure you'll discover that will allow you to take out a ton of enemies at range while limiting the aggro you take from those in the rift. The main benefit though about staying outside of Cataclysm is that you only need to worry about taking damage from whats in front of you inside the bubble.

Also, by staying outside the bubble, you have more options for crowd control. If you are taking too much damage from those inside the bubble, you can quickly cancel Cataclysm while staying in the rift to save yourself. You also have the option of cancelling out Rift Walk if there is no one in the material plane around you giving you a chance to take out the enemies inside the bubble one by one as the exit it. Also, because both have separate durations, in the event you get knockdown in an emergency and rift walk is about to expire, sometime you're better off cancelling Rift Walk instead of Cataclysm to limit who can attack you. This way you don't cancel Cataclysm only to have Rift Walk also expire and you can't recast Rift Walk because you're flat on your back. It can take some fast thinking at times, but you won't have all those options available to you if you are sitting inside Cataclysm all the time.

Hopefully this helps.

Just tried my build and tweaked it for more pwr strength.....killed 2 lvl 80 bombars before they either got knocked of or I ran out of channeling energy and also keep in mind I was in the simulacrum so my energy siphon and warframe school were not giving me any passive regen :)

I will soon show the world.....soon....

]\'[