Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primordial Forma (was legendary)

jinxeverything

Spoiler

If we have Legendary Cores that can max out the rank of any mod then why don't we have Legendary Forma that can max out any gear upon changing its polarity?

Just to clarify, when you use this forma it does reset your gear to rank 0 then in 1-3 seconds will max the gear, the reason am going with this nonsense is simply giving you a heart attack XD 

Do you think of putting it in Sortie will entice/ make it more desirable to do or endure?  

Alot of people are going into their own wet dreams of whatever, so let me put something nice below:

1. In order to use a forma on any gear, that gear must be rank 30.
  2. This is a 1 time use item, so use it wisely.
  3. This item is acquired from Sortie only and we DE leave it to them on how they bring it to us, whether its a fully made 1 or a 1 time use BP, also requiring 2 fully made forma to make, if not available then how about 8 forma BP to make this legendary forma?
  4. Draco will be visited regardless of this forma, why? easiest way to level up any gear also this place is the easiest way to farm Focus points and Syndicates reps too.
  5. Since this is Sortie exclusive, which means its quite rare, you will want to save them up to use them on the something that truly worth its usage.
  6. Also Draco is nice endless T4 keys spots, people will come to here no matter what.
  7. This item will allow you to change only 1 polarity, only one!!

What i want with forma is to reduce the progress of releveling gears which is tedious as hell, got something you think can shine once you put this mod in and that mod in only to find out you cant place anymore in there, time to forma it, and then you have to go through the leveling again, and again, at least this forma can help with reducing the chore, just a bit.  

Primordial Forma is An engine for self-manipulation,  made by the Orokin themselves and during the

Spoiler

Natah Quest

It revealed its existing, this forma is a proof of Orokin's marvelous engineering knowledge. 

Acquisition of this forma is through Sortie, but why Sortie?

1. This forma can break the game therefore making it Sortie only will limit the damage it can cause.
  2. Sortie will have another reason to go through and endure.
  3. With this item, DE can finally ditch 25x cores for this forma but need to decrease its drop chance while increasing 50x cores drop chance.

What this forma does?

It allows you to change the polarity of your gear without the fear of resetting it at all.

Do we get it as a fully made item or just BP?

If we get it as BP, what will it require?

1. 10 regular forma BP.
  2. 10 Orokin Cells.
  3. Maybe 1 Argon Crystal.

I suggest we receive this item as a BP and here is why :

1. A lot of people, at this point, have excessive amount of forma BP, this will help them spend it in useful way.
  2. Same goes for Orokin Cell, i myself have almost 600 at this point and having that much without much of a use is nothing but a waste, this BP will allow/ gives a new reason to farm or even use it instead of just staring at it and wondering when we will use this thing again, DE now is your chance.

TL;DR

1. We get this item from Sortie only, not from market and no we can not trade with others and no it wont drop from enemies during any mission and no it won't show up as alerts.
  2. This Forma can change the polarity of any gear without the fear of resetting it.
  3. It will help you consume Forma BP and Orokin Cells.
  4. Its completely free since its from Sortie.
  5. If possible, i would like DE to remove 25x cores and replace it with this P Forma BP.

Yay or Nay?

P.S, Did this how certain "faction" came to be, after using this P.forma on themselves, it changed them and made them what they are?

Special thanks to Stratego89 for reminding me that Primordial (which i called legendary) did exist, thank you man. 

Edited by Prinny13
Language, most cant read it very well i say something and they understand something else :'(

1 minute ago, CrimsonDalekanium said:

I'd rather have a forma that can have different polarities on different loadouts, or better yet, have a forma that allowed you to change the polarity at will without needing to reset the gear again and again.

Bro....

3 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

Legendary Forma that can max out any gear upon changing its polarity?

As in, it auto max the gear again for you once you change the polarity.....

14 hours ago, Prinny13 said:

If we have Legendary Cores that can max out the rank of any mod then why don't we have Legendary Forma that can max out any gear upon changing its polarity?

Do you think of putting it in Sortie will entice/ make it more desirable to do or endure?  

Yay or Nay?

Nay

But it may look good on the eyes of DE, they will put 0.0000001% chance of getting it and sell it for pl on market.

This is not fixing formas, and it would add another item to the tables reducing chance of other things we may want... well that would be relevant if don't make it super rare anyway. Meanwhile you have all your formas sitting there and you think: "hmm I could just put one of thise and do a few draco rounds or try to ... nvm" and then you use your regular forma and go to draco.

14 hours ago, CrimsonDalekanium said:

I'd rather have a forma that can have different polarities on different loadouts, or better yet, have a forma that allowed you to change the polarity at will without needing to reset the gear again and again.

Just make an omni polarity slot. that is: have it act as if the polarity matches regardless of polarity. A polarity wildcard if you prefer. Now that is interesting.

4 minutes ago, theraot said:

Nay

But it may look good on the eyes of DE, they will put 0.0000001% chance of getting it and sell it for pl on market.

This is not fixing formas, and it would add another item to the tables reducing chance of other things we may want... well that would be relevant if don't make it super rare anyway. Meanwhile you have all your formas sitting there and you think: "hmm I could just put one of thise and do a few draco rounds or try to ... nvm" and then you use your regular forma and go to draco.

Then make regular forma a part of receipt to make legendary forma, just like how we need normal lens to make greater lens.

Also DE need to keep the trading chat busy, its good for them and us, them so they can make money to keep the server up ( this game does not run on ads, keep that in mind) and us in keeping the trade active by trading parts for plats or buy plats whenever you get a coupon! (not defending DE but just saying how a F2P game works) 

4 minutes ago, theraot said:

Just make an omni polarity slot. that is: have it act as if the polarity matches regardless of polarity. A polarity wildcard if you prefer. Now that is interesting.

Then what the point of having polarity to begin with?

13 hours ago, CrimsonDalekanium said:

I meant change the polarity as in, be able to change the polarity of that slot forever. no more forma for that slot. no leveling. 1 slot can change to any polarity you like as long as you are in arsenal, from this 1 special kind of forma.

If you want a fixed polarity then you will end up with a lot of same weapons with different polarities, that's my friend will kill the game for you.

Being able to change a polarity at will to fit in another mod is better than making another weapon of the same weapon just to have that another fixed polarity.

Your idea might work if we play an MMO with missions that rewards you with insane amount of weapons that you have no idea what to do with it but here it won't work, not that well.

13 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

Then what the point of having polarity to begin with?

What I suggest, is that is to have this rare legendary forma remove up from matching the polarity.

It is not dissimilar to the idea of having an slot that you can freely change the polarity after it has one of the legendary forma applied... except the polarity automatically matches the mod placed there and thus there is no need to care about what polarity it is.

I am not suggesting to remove the polarity system. Instead I'm suggesting that if we are going to have an improved forma, have it be one that free us from the polarity.

Edited by theraot
Fixing typos

I'm all for it. Let's face it folks, it wouldn't stop anyone from dropping a forma into a piece of gear, taking it to Draco to max it out in all of 30 min or so, and then dropping another forma into said piece of gear. I know, I've done this quite a few times and I've been dropping forma into gear since before the void was a thing and forma was a plat only acquisition.

20 minutes ago, theraot said:

What I suggest, is that is to have this rare legendary forma remove up from matching the polarity.

It is not dissimilar to the idea of having an slot that you can freely change the polarity after it has one of the legendary forma applied... except the polarity automatically matches the mod placed there and thus there is no need to care about what polarity it is.

I am not suggesting to remove the polarity system. Instead I'm suggesting that if we are going to have an improved forma, have it be one that free us from the polarity.

Your idea is too good to be true, and the last time DE gave us something too good to be true got it removed within few hours :(

I am talking about this :

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Affinity_Amp

You are asking for the same thing here mate which will never happen, and even if it did happens, DE most likely will take it out later or nerf it to oblivion :'(

Right, Totally.

---

Really, the detail with format is that the item (weapon, warframe or companion) is underperforming after using in it.

So let's see, a forma aside from the of obtaining it, it cost you the levels of your item when you use it (ie, you lose the levels it had). This prevents players from using various forma in rapid succession (I mean, faster than currently) yet it compels the players to rank up the item quickly as to be able to use it for other things.

If the item had still to charge affinity to able to receive another forma but during this time it weren't underperformaning then the grinding to level up again would be mitigated. So, in this scenario, when the legendary forma is applied the item would still be level 30 but you cannot apply forma again right away, instead you have to charge the equivalent affinity of 30 levels in order to be able to use another forma.

Granted, if I wanted to put multiple of these formas I would still rush draco. But without an underperformant item I would have the hurry to do it if I need or want to run something else instead.

If that is how this legendary forma would work, I would wish this to be the regular forma instead - and maybe change the drop tables to make it rarer.

Edited by theraot
correction and clarification

51 minutes ago, Cortanis said:

I'm all for it. Let's face it folks, it wouldn't stop anyone from dropping a forma into a piece of gear, taking it to Draco to max it out in all of 30 min or so, and then dropping another forma into said piece of gear. I know, I've done this quite a few times and I've been dropping forma into gear since before the void was a thing and forma was a plat only acquisition.

On the other hand at the begining there wasn't 333 warframes, weapons and companion to get mastery (I know Lato vandal and Braton vandal but those probably will appear in Sorties soon).
Considering the max moddrains formatting a weapon 4-5 times is almost required all the time so for a newer player just to affinity grinding.
Not metionioning that you forma a weapon to pve and then want to take it to pvp and bumm you can't fit all the mods you want.

Having a Legendary Forma would be nice :)

Edited by PETI258

17 hours ago, Prinny13 said:

Yay or Nay?

Nay.

I really don't understand the complaining about leveling up an item after a forma.  All a player needs is a killer primary and a killer secondary that can carry the player through 20 waves in the void.  That's it.  I've leveled up every sniper rifle with my secondary.

Edited by Troll_Logic

10 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Nay.

I really don't understand the complaining about leveling up an item after a forma.  All a player needs is a killer primary and a killer secondary that can carry the player through 20 waves in the void.  That's it.  I've leveled up every sniper rifle with my secondary.

Sorry bro, but i like to use every weapon i put my flippers on to see what it really capable of before i call it trash, and thus i tend to forma more gear than i can count.

Leveling a sniper with a secondary? not my style bro.

If you are going solo then 20 wont do, maybe 40 but at that time you might regret going that far.

Also having a rare forma that allows you to change a polarity without the chore of leveling it up again is something nice to have and use, don't you think?

Also i edited the OP

1 hour ago, Prinny13 said:

Sorry bro, but i like to use every weapon i put my flippers on to see what it really capable of before i call it trash, and thus i tend to forma more gear than i can count.

Leveling a sniper with a secondary? not my style bro.

If you are going solo then 20 wont do, maybe 40 but at that time you might regret going that far.

Also having a rare forma that allows you to change a polarity without the chore of leveling it up again is something nice to have and use, don't you think?

Also i edited the OP

You can level every weapon as slow as possible.  That's up to you.  If you want to level an amprex up to 6 forma by using it 100% while it's under 20, go for it.  No idea why anyone would be that masochistic, but hey, if that's what you want...  Same thing with leveling up a sniper rifle.  The game is built to trivialize sniper rifles.  Especially low level ones, but again, if that's the way you want to play...

Why would anyone solo to 20 or 40 in the void?  That's incredibly counterproductive and extremely slow leveling.

A forma that allows the user to change the polarities as needed may be nice.  May.  

There are quite a few reasons why

1)  There is no way DE would put such a forma out that levels as fast.  I'm guess it was take 8X to 10X the exp to level it to 30.  8X to 10X because a player would have to level it for each polarity and penalty time as well.

2)  After all of that time leveling, the weapon still only has a single slot polarized.

3)  So some new player throws it on his weapon and he plays for a week and his weapon is now level 6.  There would be a whole new level of rage on the forums.

4)  It really isn't needed.  I'm sure I have as least as many formas installed as you, if not more, and I've run into a single situation where I've needed to reforma a polarity slot.

37 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

You can level every weapon as slow as possible.  That's up to you.  If you want to level an amprex up to 6 forma by using it 100% while it's under 20, go for it.  No idea why anyone would be that masochistic, but hey, if that's what you want...  Same thing with leveling up a sniper rifle.  The game is built to trivialize sniper rifles.  Especially low level ones, but again, if that's the way you want to play...

No argument here.

38 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Why would anyone solo to 20 or 40 in the void?  That's incredibly counterproductive and extremely slow leveling.

For thrills maybe? also the next time you tell someone about leveling anything, try to include a bit of more details, you see its hard to rely thoughts through text

48 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

4)  It really isn't needed.  I'm sure I have as least as many formas installed as you, if not more, and I've run into a single situation where I've needed to reforma a polarity slot.

, also more details they are important.

41 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

A forma that allows the user to change the polarities as needed may be nice.  May.  

Polarities? only 1 bro.

42 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

There are quite a few reasons why

1)  There is no way DE would put such a forma out that levels as fast.  I'm guess it was take 8X to 10X the exp to level it to 30.  8X to 10X because a player would have to level it for each polarity and penalty time as well.

2)  After all of that time leveling, the weapon still only has a single slot polarized.

3)  So some new player throws it on his weapon and he plays for a week and his weapon is now level 6.  There would be a whole new level of rage on the forums.

I never once mentioned that the Legendary would give you affinity booster upon usage, all it will do is reset the weapon and then max it out almost instantly!

Also the only way to get this L. forma is through Sortie which most new players shouldn't even be able to do it, they may get carried but if that what happened good for them.

And no they won't rage since this forma does not reset the gear to rank 0 but it will max it out to rank 30 immediately, which they will want more of :P 

48 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Yup its not needed, but it's something nice to have, just like L.cores, do you need it? nope is it nice to have so you can max out core sink mods? yes

I have 7 forma on my Oberon, 4 of them as of now are pure stupidity but i learnt from it, it was a good experience for me.

Also when DE release something, they always hide its potential and the only way to uncover it is by forma it!

Also lets be honest here, just because you don't this idea does not mean it is bad in anyway or shape. does this idea have flaws? yes it does!

If you have a better way of helping us overcome the issue of resetting a gear to rank 0 and then to rank it up to 30 without boosters, without going to Draco and without "do high level missions with others" then please be my guest!

Just a reminders, not everyone have the luxury of squading up with good team that can "get you" affinity, most barely get into missions only to suffer from others, yes this game is huge now and it has all sorts of players, think about others from time to time, can they benefit from ideas like this? maybe or maybe? unless we put this idea into practice we will never know for sure!

17 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

No argument here.

For thrills maybe? also the next time you tell someone about leveling anything, try to include a bit of more details, you see its hard to rely thoughts through text

Not sure what thrills.  Soloing is boring play and I've got no idea why someone would think anyone would recommend soloing for leveling.

19 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

I never once mentioned that the Legendary would give you affinity booster upon usage, all it will do is reset the weapon and then max it out almost instantly!

Who mentioned anything about an affinity boost?

2 hours ago, Prinny13 said:

I read that as being able to change to polarity at will.  My bad.

Still, it is trivial to level a weapon.  Back when I had equipment to level, I was always leveling something, sometimes two or three items at a time.  Build a soma death machine and with some skill a player can go into T4 def mission with a 0 warframe, 0 secondary, 0 melee, 0 sentinel, and 0 sentinel weapon and still lead the mission with kills.  Do that mission twice to 20 and everything is at 30 along with credits, resources, keys, and rewards.  I just put two forma on the azima this past week just to do it.  Never noticed it was leveling because of my other equipment.

Leveling items is trivial.

40 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Not sure what thrills.  Soloing is boring play and I've got no idea why someone would think anyone would recommend soloing for leveling.

Time zones bro, when all of the clan are offline and i don't wanna rely on recruitment chat (bad experience from before) and i dont want to Akkad or Draco, i head to void and go crazy over there.

43 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Who mentioned anything about an affinity boost?

Can you explain this to me? i tried my hardest but couldn't make out anything out it  :(

2 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

I'm guess it was take 8X to 10X the exp to level it to 30.  8X to 10X because a player would have to level it for each polarity and penalty time as well.

45 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Still, it is trivial to level a weapon.  Back when I had equipment to level, I was always leveling something, sometimes two or three items at a time.  Build a soma death machine and with some skill a player can go into T4 def mission with a 0 warframe, 0 secondary, 0 melee, 0 sentinel, and 0 sentinel weapon and still lead the mission with kills.  Do that mission twice to 20 and everything is at 30 along with credits, resources, keys, and rewards.  I just put two forma on the azima this past week just to do it.  Never noticed it was leveling because of my other equipment.

Lucky you, you can organize a team and head to the void and do something over there AND bring whatever to boot, damn :(

No wonder i came with this legendary forma idea, not everyone as lucky as others :/

25 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

Time zones bro, when all of the clan are offline and i don't wanna rely on recruitment chat (bad experience from before) and i dont want to Akkad or Draco, i head to void and go crazy over there.

Going to void solo to level is a waste of a key.  A player gets no exp.  What bad experience?  Got left in a mission?  Some dude leeched?  It happens.  Big deal.  You're still getting the exp.  Go to the void and invite everyone in your friend list.  Go to recruiting.  Sure, you're going to get a MR4 with crappy weapons.  But they're not there for kills.  They are there so more enemies spawn so you get more exp.

Can you explain this to me? i tried my hardest but couldn't make out anything out it  :(

From this

1 hour ago, Prinny13 said:

I never mentioned an affinity boost.  You replied that you never mentioned an affinity boost.

Lucky you, you can organize a team and head to the void and do something over there AND bring whatever to boot, damn :(

No wonder i came with this legendary forma idea, not everyone as lucky as others :/

No luck involved.  No real skill either.  Just planning.   Build a killer primary and a secondary and any player can equip one and level everything else at the same time.  Go to recruiting for players.  Occasionally you'll get burned.  Big deal.  Go to the void and invite everyone in your friends list.  I'm in a solo clan so I don't have a ton of people to easily choose from.  This isn't rocket science.  Leveling is trivial.

The point is to remember the goal.  Say you want to level your amprex with 6 formas.  The goal is to level the weapon 7 times as fast as possible.  Soloing for exp is slowing the goal.  Using the weapon when it is level 5 is slowing the goal. (tremendously) Not leveling other items at the same time is wasting exp and slowing other goals.

Edited by Troll_Logic

I'd approve of it if it's super rare like Legendary cores. It'd give a good reason to actually do sorties.

Also one thing- it should be called Primordial forma. Why? Natah questline when Tyl is going around through the tomb he finds some "primordial forma" it's never mentioned again but it'd be cool if it was thrown in game with the lore of being high quality orokin made forma we can't replicate with today's technology.

12 hours ago, Stratego89 said:

I'd approve of it if it's super rare like Legendary cores. It'd give a good reason to actually do sorties.

Also one thing- it should be called Primordial forma. Why? Natah questline when Tyl is going around through the tomb he finds some "primordial forma" it's never mentioned again but it'd be cool if it was thrown in game with the lore of being high quality orokin made forma we can't replicate with today's technology.

I edited the OP, can i add your name to it?