Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Goodbye Mag and Hello Mag

Sophronius

5 hours ago, WARLOCKE said:

Radial Blind + 200 pwr str Exalted Blade + Radiant Finish = dead sentient. Ive yet to do this to a lvl 100. But im betting it dies rather quickly. Of course, since I have not fought a lvl 100 sent, this is pure conjecture and am willing to admit I could be very wrong. However if you get pumped before you can get a radial blind off then its bad news.

I have already tried this and it does not do enough damage. The dps is massive as it should be for the build but it is not as effective.

3 hours ago, -dicht.Amducias- said:

Chroma, banshee 

I may give this a try myself. You should give it a go and tell me what the results are. If you've already tried this and it worked then I definitely need to try it too.

I do not understand why people think mag is bad versus other factions.  

If you mod the same way for grineer as for corpus, yes, you will have problems.  But mag is awesome versus all factions.  Huge cc with pull combined with primed reach melee and crush with natural talent, works wonders on grineer or infested. Instant shield regeneration is something I see few players use.  They think #2 just makes corpus disappear....

She is also excellent on void tilesets. Vrs. Corpus she is just a beast; broken on shield augmentation sorties, but there are enough armored corpus units now so the #2 not as effective as before.  

I'm afraid this rework is really just a nerf to corpus and a side grade to other factions.  Just because most people can't mod correctly versus grinder / infested doesn't mean she is bad.  Not as good as corpus but she can defiantly hold her own.  

I guess we will see.

To be honest, I am kind of scared for the mag rework. I mean, I love mag. She was my starter and mag prime is one of my favourite frames, but the Saryn rework kind of killed me, because instead of pressing 4 to win, you will now press 2, 1 and then 4 to do similar amounts of damage. Now on topic with mag, I am not saying that synergy with abilities is bad, rather I love to use all abilities in a frame. But I just kind of feel like this may be a bit complex. I know Saryn is good now, better even. But the complexity (to me at least) kind of killed it for meironically, I love equinox. I know if Mag receives similar treatment, she may be a top tier frame. Though if built right, is already pretty amazing. Also not looking to add oxygen to any fires here, so "no hate bro".

Edited by VicariousRage

I just have to say, Bullet Attractor is probably one of my favorite abilities in the game. Just watching a Tonkor round arc, and then hit the bubble and suddenly rocket down towards some helpless oaf... I swear, that never gets old.

I used Bullet Attractor + Staticor against Vay Hek in a sortie mission one day... My squadmates were calling me an idiot for using Mag against a Grineer boss, but then realized what a brilliant support ability Bullet Attractor was. Shelter from enemy fire, damage multiplier, utter removal of any need to aim... It's an awesome, awesome ability. I just cannot wait for that rework. 

7 hours ago, Sophronius said:

I have already tried this and it does not do enough damage. The dps is massive as it should be for the build but it is not as effective.

I may give this a try myself. You should give it a go and tell me what the results are. If you've already tried this and it worked then I definitely need to try it too.

Thats interesting, I should go fight one and find out. Because I have a hard time thinking It wont go down pretty quickly.

On 26.4.2016 at 8:15 AM, evilfluffy said:

And the fact she is easily 10 times better than before I mean if you find 1 button pushing more fun than 3 min button pushing clearly something is wrong here.

Plus the fact that if built right she can quite literally half health of everything on the field while doing toxic damage at same time.  Then you can shoot them if you want or if a lot in range melt them with 4 dealing more damage than previous miasma.  This is same mentality people had for mesa's "nerf" when people say her damage is lower when infact they never lowered it only making it deal more as long as you aim.  Both this frames are now less, for a lack of a better word atm, brain-dead and require just a small bit more input and thinking to use.  So if rework for mag is anything like mesa's or saryn's I will be happy.

i agree on saryn, she is great but mesa? she really sucks atm.. she is in one of the worst spots

8 hours ago, WARLOCKE said:

Thats interesting, I should go fight one and find out. Because I have a hard time thinking It wont go down pretty quickly.

Make sure it's a level 100. If it can't beat a level 100, the video shows Mag is better against single-targets.

13 hours ago, Gurpgork said:

I just have to say, Bullet Attractor is probably one of my favorite abilities in the game. Just watching a Tonkor round arc, and then hit the bubble and suddenly rocket down towards some helpless oaf... I swear, that never gets old.

I used Bullet Attractor + Staticor against Vay Hek in a sortie mission one day... My squadmates were calling me an idiot for using Mag against a Grineer boss, but then realized what a brilliant support ability Bullet Attractor was. Shelter from enemy fire, damage multiplier, utter removal of any need to aim... It's an awesome, awesome ability. I just cannot wait for that rework. 

I've been getting many comments about BA being counter productive in game as well. I think it's mostly because no one ever plays Mag and so several people may not be familiar with how BA works. Hopefully the rework changes this. One of the largest reasons she is unused is because she is very anti-corpus focused.

10 hours ago, WARLOCKE said:

You may be very surprised as I was. However, if you do find some way to kill a level 100 batalyst very quickly with excal you will have to let me know how you did it.

On 26/4/2016 at 0:57 AM, TheBright888 said:

Point is haven't seen a well performing saryn yet in endgame content.

Actually haven't seen a saryn yet in endgame at all.

But you are welcome to prove me wrong and do a T4S 60+ mins with me using saryn.

I don't know what level enemies reach at that point in the void, but I have a build you can try with her to kill enemies (heavy units) over level 120.
Try building her with: 150% or more power strenght, 130% duration and 190% range. After that you need to make sure you use a weapon that match and have synergy with her spores which right now are her main source of damage. (forget about Miasma for now) My suggestions are weapons with high damage per shot + over 20% status chance weapons. (Staticor, Lanka, Torid, Secura Penta, Vectis Prime) Then, mod these weapons around gas procs, for both status and gas damage itself. 
Now, if you know how gas works, it is posion in AoE technically, and Poison scales with your weapon damage. (it deals 50% of your weapon damage in 9 ticks) and the posion damage also stacks with other poison procs. Now, each enemy under the effect of spores will spread both viral damage and the posion damage. This means, that for each 18 enemies affected by spores you will deal 100% of you weapon damage to all enemies with each tick. And don't forget about the viral proc. and the damage it deals (which is not really high) but complements the poison damage, which is your main source of damage. 
The playstyle is to poison an enemy, then cast spores, destroy the spores with more poison weapons.As the spores spread, focus on big groups of enemies, that will "share" the spores and toxin procs.Keep casting spores and spread them a lot of times, and watch rooms of enemies die. It requires a active use of both shots and cast of your abilities to feed the spores and stack the poison damage to deal great damage. The average time to kill a group of 20 level 120 corrupted heavy gunners is between 8 to 14 seconds. And in fact, the more enemies you have together, the faster you kill them, because it will be faster to stack the toxic procs. And I choosed gas as the element to complement the spores for two reasons:
1.-it can trigger with poison multipiple spores at the same time. 
2,.it deals good damage by itself.
Well, that is all, try it by yourself, so you can believe what I'm saying.

Edited by (PS4)BrutalReaper32

13 hours ago, (XB1)Death to AoW said:

If they rework mag like they reworked Saryn and "Fix" things, I guess ill be putting mag next to saryn so they can collect dust together.

did you watch the stream when they showed what they where doing to mag?
Mag looks way better than it was before...
And about Saryn, I think you should better try things by yourself instead of just watching videos. If you want to compare Saryn's damage potential pre vs post rework, I can tell you right now that the new Saryn can kill hordes of level 120 heavy units (like corrupted bombards, heavy gunners) in less than 14 seconds. Unlike the old Saryn who was barely able to kill level 60 infested in less than 1 minute of "fun" miasma spam ;)

Edited by (PS4)BrutalReaper32

On 26/4/2016 at 8:47 PM, Educated_Beast said:

If you mod the same way for grineer as for corpus, yes, you will have problems.  But mag is awesome versus all factions.  Huge cc with pull combined with primed reach melee and crush with natural talent, works wonders on grineer or infested. Instant shield regeneration is something I see few players use.  They think #2 just makes corpus disappear....

She is also excellent on void tilesets. Vrs. Corpus she is just a beast; broken on shield augmentation sorties, but there are enough armored corpus units now so the #2 not as effective as before.  

I'm afraid this rework is really just a nerf to corpus and a side grade to other factions.  Just because most people can't mod correctly versus grinder / infested doesn't mean she is bad.  Not as good as corpus but she can defiantly hold her own.  

I guess we will see.

I'm ok with the nerf against corpus LOL
nothing should be able to clear a room full of level 150 corpus enemies in just one second and barely using energy to do so.

On 4/26/2016 at 4:47 PM, Educated_Beast said:

I guess we will see.

Been saying the same thing for over a year...

11 hours ago, (PS4)BrutalReaper32 said:

did you watch the stream when they showed what they where doing to mag?
Mag looks way better than it was before...
And about Saryn, I think you should better try things by yourself instead of just watching videos. If you want to compare Saryn's damage potential pre vs post rework, I can tell you right now that the new Saryn can kill hordes of level 120 heavy units (like corrupted bombards, heavy gunners) in less than 14 seconds. Unlike the old Saryn who was barely able to kill level 60 infested in less than 1 minute of "fun" miasma spam ;)

I try things myself, i'm a big boy. And no i don't like the new saryn re work i enjoyed my Miasma spam for lower ranks, and miasma spam could kill lvl 60's easily lol i guess you were using her wrong? If i want to kill lvl120+ in seconds then i'd use a mirage and synoid simulor. 

3 hours ago, (XB1)Death to AoW said:

I try things myself, i'm a big boy. And no i don't like the new saryn re work i enjoyed my Miasma spam for lower ranks, and miasma spam could kill lvl 60's easily lol i guess you were using her wrong? If i want to kill lvl120+ in seconds then i'd use a mirage and synoid simulor. 

what? using her wrong? LOL
the only thing you needed to do was to spam her ult...
and yes, enemies level 60 were hard to kill with the old saryn. Obviously it didn't take a minute, but it takes way longer and cost way more energy than doing the same now with the new Saryn. 
And, of course you can use mirage if you want to kill high level enemies with the simulor, but then what's your point on saying was nerfed if you already had mirage to begin with? 
if you don't like a frame don't use it, but also try to learn a thing or two before talking about them. 
and btw, Saryn now use spores to kill enemies, and even in lower ranks, spores outperform the miasma spam in damage, range, duration, energy cost and utility for the team. So Saryn technically was turned into a God. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)BrutalReaper32 said:

what? using her wrong? LOL
the only thing you needed to do was to spam her ult...
and yes, enemies level 60 were hard to kill with the old saryn. Obviously it didn't take a minute, but it takes way longer and cost way more energy than doing the same now with the new Saryn. 
And, of course you can use mirage if you want to kill high level enemies with the simulor, but then what's your point on saying was nerfed if you already had mirage to begin with? 
if you don't like a frame don't use it, but also try to learn a thing or two before talking about them. 
and btw, Saryn now use spores to kill enemies, and even in lower ranks, spores outperform the miasma spam in damage, range, duration, energy cost and utility for the team. So Saryn technically was turned into a God. 

While i really enjoy the saryn rework and see her real potential for high levels and already used her with great success i have to disagree with ur statement where you said that the new saryn kills faster now until lvl 80. 

Before the rework i used the arcane chlora helmet for even lower duration and my miasma did like 25k dmg per a single cast, with a little trick i was able to cast 4-5 times a second and this clearly outperforms the new saryn in fast killing until lvl 80+ enemies, the new saryn is great as i already said but she sucks for mid level star chart missions, especially exterminate, etc now compared to the old saryn, in high levels she is way better now though

11 minutes ago, -dicht.Amducias- said:

While i really enjoy the saryn rework and see her real potential for high levels and already used her with great success i have to disagree with ur statement where you said that the new saryn kills faster now until lvl 80. 

Before the rework i used the arcane chlora helmet for even lower duration and my miasma did like 25k dmg per a single cast, with a little trick i was able to cast 4-5 times a second and this clearly outperforms the new saryn in fast killing until lvl 80+ enemies, the new saryn is great as i already said but she sucks for mid level star chart missions, especially exterminate, etc now compared to the old saryn, in high levels she is way better now though

I can teach you how you can kill them xD
try the next build: 
power strenght: 140% or more. 
duration: between 130% to 150%
range: 190%
eff.: 100%
you will have some slots for other mods either to increase these stats further or add more survivability mods.

Now, this is the important part, Spores don't kill for themselves, I mean, they can't work alone to kill enemies. Here the spores work directly with your weapons. 
That's because spores themselves carry with them the poison damage from any source and spread it to every enemy in the range of the original spore. Now, toxin works this way: Toxin damage is 50% of your weapon damage and deals it in 9 ticks. So this is why you need high single shot damage weapons that have at least 20% status chance. 
My suggestions are the Statitcor, Secura Penta, Vectis Prime, Quanta Vandal, Lanka and various melee weapons (but I'm trying to teach you how to use her in range) 
Once you have you weapon, mod it with high status chance and high gas damage. probably you need over 3000points of gas damage and over 70%  status chance. 
What will happen with this combo is that you need to shoot a group of enemies and proc them with gas,  (which works as an AoE toxin damage) and then cast spores on said group, once the first objective is infested, shot them again and if you trigger a gas proc. the spores will spread in the area with the poison damage stacked. Then, you must keep casting spores in the bigger groups of enemies you see moving together and shoting them again. This way you will keep stacking the poison damage (which is the way you deal damage). So you need to looj your surroundings to decide what would be the best groups to attack, because them will make your poison damage stack faster. This works with gas because as it is AoE toxin damage, it will trigger the spores of a complete group, making the toxin damage deal more than 100% of your damage in every tick in a massive area. Then, keep casting spores and shooting them so they keep stacking. 
I have been using saryn for sorties, in the simulacrum, in the void, and even in TLOR. and with this method, you can kill as I said enemies over level 120 easily. 
I'll repeat the basic instruction.
1.-shot high damage weapons moded with gas.
2.-cast spores in a big groups of enemies.
3.-shot the spores 3 times.
4.-cast spores again. 
5.- you can either finish of that group or find a new one. Either of these options will end up by killing the original group, because the spores will keep damaging them.
6.- keep casting spores and shoting them so you can stack the damage. 
As I said, if you are active enough, level 120 heavy units will die between 6 to 14 seconds. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)BrutalReaper32 said:

try the next build: 
you will have some slots for other mods either to increase these stats further or add more survivability mods.

Now, this is the important part, Spores don't kill for themselves, I mean, they can't work alone to kill enemies. Here the spores work directly with your weapons. 
That's because spores themselves carry with them the poison damage from any source and spread it to every enemy in the range of the original spore. Now, toxin works this way: Toxin damage is 50% of your weapon damage and deals it in 9 ticks. So this is why you need high single shot damage weapons that have at least 20% status chance. 
My suggestions are the Statitcor, Secura Penta, Vectis Prime, Quanta Vandal, Lanka and various melee weapons (but I'm trying to teach you how to use her in range) 
Once you have you weapon, mod it with high status chance and high gas damage. probably you need over 3000points of gas damage and over 70%  status chance. 
What will happen with this combo is that you need to shoot a group of enemies and proc them with gas,  (which works as an AoE toxin damage) and then cast spores on said group, once the first objective is infested, shot them again and if you trigger a gas proc. the spores will spread in the area with the poison damage stacked. Then, you must keep casting spores in the bigger groups of enemies you see moving together and shoting them again. This way you will keep stacking the poison damage (which is the way you deal damage). So you need to looj your surroundings to decide what would be the best groups to attack, because them will make your poison damage stack faster. This works with gas because as it is AoE toxin damage, it will trigger the spores of a complete group, making the toxin damage deal more than 100% of your damage in every tick in a massive area. Then, keep casting spores and shooting them so they keep stacking. 
I have been using saryn for sorties, in the simulacrum, in the void, and even in TLOR. and with this method, you can kill as I said enemies over level 120 easily. 
4.-cast spores again. 
5.- you can either finish of that group or find a new one. Either of these options will end up by killing the original group, because the spores will keep damaging them.
As I said, if you are active enough, level 120 heavy units will die between 6 to 14 seconds. 

Bro, tell him about Toxic Lash too :D

34 minutes ago, (PS4)BrutalReaper32 said:

try the next build: 

4.-cast spores again. 

As i already mentioned i know saryns new potential and i already melted lvl 2000 units with her easily.. my point is that in comparison, old saryn killed faster until lvl 80 than the new one does now, believe me i know what im talking about

Edited by -dicht.Amducias-

30 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

Bro, tell him about Toxic Lash too :D

yup, I think toxic lash is as effective or even more effective than this tactic. But it depends if he likes melee or not. 
Also, I'm still working on my melee saryn build because I need arcane grace :s ( I don't know if that's necesary, but I need it) lol

1 minute ago, (PS4)BrutalReaper32 said:

yup, I think toxic lash is as effective or even more effective than this tactic. But it depends if he likes melee or not. 
Also, I'm still working on my melee saryn build because I need arcane grace :s ( I don't know if that's necesary, but I need it) lol

Just use naramon and u will never get hit anyway, saves slots because you dont need any survivability mods 

30 minutes ago, -dicht.Amducias- said:

As i already mentioned i know saryns new potential and i already melted lvl 2000 units with her easily.. my point is that in comparison, old saryn killed faster until lvl 80 than the new one does now, believe me i know what im talking about

well, then it just only depends on her playstyle. 
for me at least, the new Saryn is more useful than the old one. That's because there are 1.000.000 ways to kill level 80 - mobs in the game already. 
And personaly I think the miasma spam was boring AF. (I always mained saryn, but the miasma spam build was so boring). In the other hand, the new saryn can kill enemies beyond level 150 (that was impossible for the old saryn, even with maxed power strenght) and not only kills enemies of immense level, she also debuffs them, so her teammates can also kill them easily.