Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Asteroid Explorafun: Feedback, Suggestion, Glitch Report

Kinperor

Wall o' text incoming, sowwie. I tend to take a lot of pictures and share them all at once rather than one at a time. Spoilered for convenience. I try to name the tiles where I found the stuff, but I really rely on the designer to recognize his stuff since I am not all knowing. 

Other people can participate if they have feedback on the Grineer asteroid, I just happened to start a thread for it because I visited it a lot to farm and felt comfortable sharing my opinion and all the glitches I found. The glitch list isn't exhaustive obviously, I did not ram every wall on purpose (some of them yeah, I confess), so you can report the glitches you find here if you please.

I separate my pic in three category: "TBF" (to be fixed) when it's clearly a bug/glitch, "TBC" (to be considered) when I'm suggesting changing a detail I think could be improved and finally "... !" for random stuff I liked or details I noticed.

General comments on the tile set : I have to admit, I really don't like the tile set all that much. The tiles are mechanically well made (in general), the individual design of some parts in the tiles looks good and you can instantly guess where you are upon seeing a Grineer tile set, you clearly aren't in Corpus controlled environment. The tile also fit thematically with the Grineers, who are obsessed with growth, growth of population, of territory and of power. As such, they are more interested in expanding their stuff without any concern for problems, and then patch fix their problem using technology on their body, or disregarding it all together.

Example of that: the very fact that they are a population of clones obsessed with numbers, the canalization popping out of the ground in the middle of hallways in the Galleon, all the other exposed pipes, bridges that pass over doom-holes of ominous smoke, wherever they prefer to use natural formation rather than fixing those and of course their overly complex mining installations. Now, it's great that it fits thematically, but it makes poor level design, I have two particular tiles in mind that are choke full of stairs, very vertical, and those are so confusing I get lost in those even to this date. I am not yet familiar with the Galleon, but it doesn't have as much problems as the two tiles I'm talking about, so I hope it keeps going this way. That's my biggest gripe with the Grineer's map really, it's hard to navigate at time, otherwise it leaves me rather cold. 

Anyhow, let's get those glitches out of the way and make the tile set better, shall we? 

EDIT: The glitches that has been fixed have been removed, hence the jump in numbers. 

Edited by Kinperor

Final thought: And now I'm gone for the night, got work tomorrow. Mostly aesthetic stuff for that map, might add more in the future as with my other Corpus colony explorafun thread.

EDIT: This post's reports have been completely cleansed. 

Edited by Kinperor

Heh, I'm happy to help make better maps, just as long as my shots doesn't fall in the cracks of the system. I do wish I wasn't the only one posting reports this big, that way I wouldn't look like such an OCD maniac.

I just wish resizing/highlighting stuff didn't take such a big part of my nights, work and traffic jams limit my free time so much... 

One last thing: I was curious to know, if you guys actually add a secret room as per my recommendation (or others), will you tell the dude that gave you the idea by forum post/PM?

Speaking from experience, they generally don't. This is quite a lot of in-depth work you've done here, great stuff :D

@ Eden: I find the movement hindering glitches to be more annoying personally, I only recently found that I can't shoot through elevators hole.

@ Kyte: I wouldn't call it in-depth personally, but thanks. I just so happen to run into so many glitched wall/floor/props that I want to do something to get rid of them. Might as well help make the maps solid.

Alright I had some time to look at your reports and below is a list of what's what. As usual, changes will only come in during a game update (which is usually on a Thursday or Friday). If after next week some of these things are still occuring, let me know.

Fixed:
TBF: Hovering ice (regular floor)
TBF: Walk through icicle prop
TBF: Hovering infestation pods
TBF: Hitbox blocking way
TBC: Weird icicles
TBF: Walk through rock in treasure room
TBF: Weird fog effect
TBC: Infestation pod clipping with handrail.
TBF: Can't shoot through elevator hole.
TBC: Messed up wallrun column.
TBF: Player trap.
TBC: Invisible wall cutting off what should be accessible.
TBF: Walk through rock.
TBF: Weird lighting on terrain.
TBC: Dat as- I mean: Weird pipe/wall/rock juxtaposition.
TBF: Various hitbox bug. (rock and falling through fence)
TBF: Invisible ceiling which is visible and walkable from above.
TBC: Off-limit loot.

Unable to repro:
TBF: Walk through icicle prop <- I don't have any of the ice-clipping issues, I removed some though just to be sure.
TBF: Weird hitbox for ice formation
TBF: Walk through rock.
TBC: Smoke going through bridge. <- Not sure if this got changed already, but when I looked, there was no pit under any of the catwalks.
TBF: Walk through ice wall <- I didnt get any of these ice issues myself so it -might- be fixed by someone else. Let me know if you still notice anything with the ice and I'll look at it again..

Unclear:
TBC: Clip-through... things on rail? <- The containers hang under the rails and the clippy things are above, it looks like its working fine to me, please let me know if I misunderstood.
TBF: Three head devouring walls. <- I asume in the first shot you're pointing to the UV-stretching.. The other 2 shots I'm not sure what's going on.

Unable to locate:
TBF: Hovering ice in air vent
And some green squares, yaaaaay positivity. Yaay. Okay it's just two, but still.  <- Was I supposed to see screenshots with this?

Picture isnt loading:
TBF: Sunken container

Hmm, in the future I'll number my stuff, didn't realize how complex it would be to refer to each thing. 

Anyhow, about:

TBF: Walk through icicle prop: It's the smallest icicles that I could walk through normally, those about knee high. If you tell me they're fine there, I'll take your words for it. 

TBF: Weird hitbox for ice formation: Did you try walking into the highlighted area from where Nyx is standing? Sometimes they have to be taken at the right angle. If that doesn't work, try coming in from farther on the right side. If that doesn't work either, well jee, forget it, maybe the game had a hiccup. 

TBF: Walk through rock: Depending on which instance you're talking about, I dunno why you can't replicate. If it's the one in the defense tile, try climbing on the top of the rock by ramping the rock itself from bottom to top. It's the tip that can be clipped through. As for the other one, did you try walking into the jutting tip of rock? That's the part that is problematic.

TBC: Smoke going through bridge: Well if the pits are gone, I think our job is done here, unless someone is messing with you.

TBF: Walk through ice wall: Pretty sure you need freezing conditions to reach it (I couldn't jump into it when I passed by in a freeze-fre run through), but if you can't walk into it, I guess it was another hiccup. I said ice wall, but I meant the rock wall covered in ice.

TBC: Clip-through... things on rail?: Uh, my bad, I meant the head of my frame clips with the things covering the rail, when travelling on it. Should've been clearer.

TBF: Three head devouring walls: When I say head devouring, I mean that if you walked into the wall, only the head would clip in, not the rest of the body. Does that clear it up?

TBF: Hovering ice in air vent: Did you click the link I added? It is the entrance of the vent where I found the hovering patch of ice. Are the air vents randomized? That may be the problem. Otherwise, did you try taking some distance? You need to be fairly far from the patch to see space underneath. It's at the very entrance of the second picture I linked for perspective.

"And some green squares, yaaaaay positivity. Yaay. Okay it's just two, but still." : I don't know, I must have forgot to add them, will add them at a further date, it's not like green squares (aka "add stuff", not "fix stuff") are that important. Same deal with the sunken container, I'll just need to find those again. 

Ok, I went ahead and overhauled my lists across all my "Explorafun" thread, including the "Void run fun ride", so that we have handy and convenient numbers in the future. There's also the names too, so whatever fits you. I know I prefer ctrl+f with numbers.

About the "And some green squares, yaaaaay positivity. Yaay. Okay it's just two, but still.", there isn't actually any pics, I just added that to separate the pics, I guess it was confusing for little reasons. About the sunken container, I added the picture, feel free to recheck #7. Also, # 33 (walk through rock) seem to have been fixed as of today, there is a slight  floating part, but that's kinda expected by parts, and seems minor really.

And finally, some more reports: 

EDIT: All reports from this post has been cleansed. 

Edited by Kinperor

Here’s some I’ve found for your thread Kinperor. :)

#55 TBF:  Floating Lockers

alm5w4.jpg

These were added in the last big patch, but they seem to believe they can fly….

#56 TBC: mesh glitches

vg7hfo.jpg

Left box: I noticed while trying to get up there (without using super jump) to access the new lockers that the ledge grab was very touchy:  if you try to grab it by wallrunning from the wall between the two locker sets, you tend to fall right back off again after you ledge grab.  Doesn’t happen as often if you wallrun from the walls closest to the big doors, but does still happen.  It’s the same for all ledges by these lockers.

Right box:  Wallrunning up that spot sent me falling through the map to my death.

#57 TBF: glitch room connection

xbg1ad.jpg

So far it’s just with this particular connection in this particular room (mini-map enlarged to show which room).

#58 TBF: Clipping ‘container’

1sf7z5.jpg

Hard to see due to the fire and such, but the body is clipping into the object in the red square

#59 TBC: Shoot through object

igi2wz.jpg

Scorpion lassoed me through that object.  Didn’t see if gun fire went through it as well

#60 TBF: Mini map glitch

xm4yu0.jpg

Depending on where and what level you are at in this room, the mini-map shows up to three duplicates of the room.

#61 TBC: Odd shadow

2j5mau8.jpg

Crate here not properly lit:  this is in the ‘secret’ area at the top of the room.

#62 TBC: Odd Shadow

vo33g6.jpg

Improperly lit object compared to the rest of the objects.

#63 TBC:  Odd Shadow

w71o2p.jpg

Lighting on door does match the rest of the cubby hole it is in.

#64 TBF:  Walkthrough pipes

qxnx9y.jpg

I was able to work on some reports, I'll do more when I have the time again. Thanks guys.

#7 TBF: Sunken container

#39 TBF: Weird shadows.
#40 TBF: Clipping container and weird shadow.
#41 TBF: Clipping container (extraction tile with vents).
#42 TBF: Un-tamed platform and sunken containers. - I adjusted the clipping containers, not the wallrunning
#43 TBC: Wallrun hindrance.
#44 TBC: Head clipping (x2).
#45 TBF: Icicle clipping through rock.

#47 TBF: Clipping issue with rock.

#49 TBF: Texture hiccup.
#50 TBF: Minor clipping.

#86 TBF: Head clip.

1373827799-terrain-glitch-head-clip-grin            Walking into that wall causes head clip.

#87 TBF: Head clip 1.

1373827801-terrain-glitch-head-clip-1-gr            Walking into stairs causes head clip.

#88 TBF: Clip through rock.

1373827809-terrain-glitch-head-clip-2-gr            That one is out of the way, you need to jump into it from the platform above where I am taking the picture from. Investigate and move on if there's nothing to be fixed.

#89 TBF: Head clip 2.

1373827806-terrain-glitch-head-clip-3-gr            Walking into the mini-vents causes head clip.

#90 TBF: Head clip 3. 

1373827807-terrain-glitch-head-clip-4-gr            Reaching the small outcrop under the red square will put you in reach of the highlighted wall and then you can walk into it to head clip.

#91 TBF: Head clip 4.

1373827809-terrain-glitch-head-clip-5-gr            Same deal as all the others above.

#92 TBF: Terrain clipping.

1373827814-terrain-glitch-terrain-clippi            You can clip into the lower part of the vent entrance. It feels like it's a generalized problem too.

#93 TBF: Walk over handrail.

1373827813-terrain-glitch-walkover-handr            Highlighted part of the handrail could be walked over.

And that's all for now. "Just" that. 

Edited by Kinperor

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some of these may have already been 'fixed' as I've been holding on to them for awhile (due to computer issues and general laziness :P).

#95 TBF Missing collision box

w9hdfo.jpg

These 'sun roofs' (space roofs?) had no collision box or actual 'window':  I could fire my kunai right through them ("Look ma! I am breathing in space!").  These are reached from the 'secret' area were you have to wall run up a small room to reach it.

#96 TBF Clipping container

288xva1.jpg

Mobile Defense area, one of the two consoles you hack first.

#97 TBF Misplaced decal

1z4x3pz.jpg

Yellow box is where the decal is supposed to be (if I remember right), red box is where it currently is (you can only see it when standing on the ledge my tenno is, as it is nearly right up against it).  This is in the little secret area of one of the 'uncommon' rooms (in my experience), were you use a ramp to jump and wall run to the location.

#98 TBF sunken container

33k57co.jpg

Speaks for itself.  In the large, four elevator room.

This is a better perspective of the location itself (yellow circle the area in the container is at):

120hspf.jpg

Till, next time!

Edited by Slaskia

• 2 weeks later...

The reports cometh:

#108 TBF: Mob trap.

1377106361-terrain-design-mob-trap-1-gri            Apology for all the tesla particles, but Vauban was bored and, uh, wanted me to "fart lightning for [Vauban]", so uh, yeah. Focus on the Grineer that somehow trapped himself on a pipe (red square).

EDIT: Cleansed reports. 

Edited by Kinperor