Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Asteroid Explorafun: Feedback, Suggestion, Glitch Report

Kinperor

More reports:

#119 TBF: Wall clip.

1378922922-glitch-trap-maximum-clip-grin            There's a chance if you jump just right that you'll land on the highlighted area and be stuck in a very uncomfortable merging with the wall around. I suggest putting up an invisible wall there, since there's nothing to be seen anyway, and really it's just a odd spot that you need a weird jump to reach. Same tile as #121 if it wasn't clear.

#123 TBC: Rock merging.

1378922932-mesh-glitch-clipping-mesh-gri            Hard to see, but in game it's pretty easy to see that this pillar is made of different entity of rock, with one popping through the other. I think at the very least you should push the rock in a way that it doesn't pop out this way. The best thing to do IMO would be redoing the pillar (so that you don't have two different piece forming a pillar), but that should be part of a bigger rework of the defense tile.

#128 TBF: Floating moss.

1378922948-props-glitch-floating-mush-gr            Speaks for itself, Banshee was nice enough to highlight the problem as I was taking the pic.

EDIT: Post cleansed from reports. 

Edited by Kinperor

#135 TBF: Out of reach drop. (Put on ice)

1378922964-terrain-design-out-of-reach-d            When the cart lose its collision somehow, we wish it didn't. But when we drop something under said cart, we wish it lost its collision box. Life is weird.

#137 TBF: Wall trap. (Put on ice)

Link:

That one is touchy. You pretty much need to land at the same spot on the wall, and stop the wall run by crouching just above the handrail while looking at the wall. I had a hard time replicating it, so if you want to do it, make sure you do it like I did as much as possible. My Ash's speed was un-modded.

Have a good one. 

EDIT: Cleansed post of reports. 

Edited by Kinperor

• 1 month later...

More stuff I've noticed while doing a run through the level. 

#138 TBF: Weird shadows. (To be investigated by myself)

1383756414-light-glitch-weird-shadow-gri            I highlighted some shadows that is obvious (bottom right), but there are shadows under the highlighted platforms that can't be seen at this angle. It is out of the way for sure, but it still clashes a bit.

#139 TBC: Secret room suggestion.

1383756416-terrain-design-secret-room-es            I noticed that there's a continuation of the rail into the highlighted area: I think adding an immobile cart or container on the rail closer to the platform I stand on would make the room accessible to most frames, and placing a dock or something with lockers and containers over there would make for a fine loot spot.

#140 TBC: Skybox addition suggestion.

1383756416-terrain-design-skybox-additio            After seeing some of the Galleon orbiting Phobos just above the map, it occured to me that this window would be perfect to see one or two Galleon orbiting the Asteroid. Furthermore, if there are more invasion events, that window would be perfect to see some ship-on-ship violence, if it isn't already the entry point of Corpus' ship.

That's all for now. 

EDIT: Post cleansed of reports. 
Edited by Kinperor

Oh Carp, we're having so much fun together, wouldn't you agree? 

Here's some more stuff while I still think about it. 

#144 TBC: New Environmental interaction idea. (Put on ice)

1383873911-mechanic-suggestion-grineer-a            Pretty straightforward, I was walking through the level and I thought it would be cool if we could shoot items dangling from the ceiling and make them fall on the enemies. Could even be a distraction for the elusive stealth system. The above picture just shows an example of something that could be dropped for such malicious intents.

Cheers. 

EDIT: Post cleansed of its reports. 

Edited by Kinperor

Trying a new formula where I post snack-sized reports instead of huge meals. It's less daunting than waiting before building sky scraper sized wall of reports every other night.

EDIT: Post cleansed. 

Edited by Kinperor

Took a little longer as U11 keeps us busy!

1.       Old trigger type changed to be sure, should’ve teleported loot already though

2.       (4) Removed

3.       (6) Fixed

4.       (8) cannot damage anything beyond those pillars with the bolt, still get it?

5.       (10) Tweaked pipe placement a little, other two issues I do not see

6.       (11) Correct, no collision on these beams with any elevator rail, bang for the buck ratio is not given when having it on these, wnf

7.       (14) CNR, probably fixed already

8.       (15) Fixed, added blocker so players have to crouch to get there

9.       (16) CNR, probably fixed already

10.   (17) CNR, probably fixed already

11.   (21) CNR

12.   (23) CNR

To your question: Some designers do, some don’t. Some post about it on forums, some don’t.

13.   (36) WNF, see 6

14.   (37) Will pass to designer for future consideration

15.   (38) see above

16.   (46) CNR, checked the layout there and spawn points were fine; some spawns were on the edge of the navigation space so I moved these closer in

17.   (48) CNR, displaying fine for me, possibly got fixed or I am not able to repro?

18.   (51) Fixed, one cover point was flagged standing

19.   (52) I noticed that while taking a look at 12/23, forwarded to art for optimization

20.   (53) Tweaked area nav slightly to prevent this

21.   (54) WNF, see 6

22.   (55) Fixed

56.   CNR

57.   CNR

58.   Fixed

59.   Forwarded to Code

60.   CNR

61.   Fixed, set proper lighting attributes in that tram cart

62.   Fixed

63.   CNR

64.   WNF, see 6

65.   CNR, presumably some lower gfx setting issue, poked QA to keep an eye on it

66.   Fixed, upped cull distance on fog rays slightly

67.   CNR, probably fixed when rebuilding light here

68.   I think this is the same as 62?

69.   CNR

70.   CNR, should’ve been fixed already

71.   CNR, seems same issue as 65, also told QA

72.   Fixed

73.   Fixed

74.   CNR, there was no spawn for loot there, possibly removed at some point already

75.   CNR, presumably some lower gfx setting issue, poked QA to keep an eye on it

76.   CNR, presumably some lower gfx setting issue, poked QA to keep an eye on it

77.   CNR, presumably some lower gfx setting issue, poked QA to keep an eye on it

78.   Will pass to designer for future consideration

79.   Fixed

80.   Mitch passed over this a couple of times already, should not trap anything here anymore

81.   “

82.   Fixed, slightly moved jump action

83.   Improved

84.   Hmm, not sure, even my Thrakk Rhino can make it across both ways easily.

85.   Rumor has it the Grineer might be stealing scrap material from the Corpus every now and then ;)

86.   Super low priority, will fix sometime later

87.   Super low priority, will fix sometime later

88.   Super low priority, will fix sometime later

89.   Super low priority, will fix sometime later

90.   Super low priority, will fix sometime later

91.   Super low priority, will fix sometime later

92.   Super low priority, will fix sometime later

93.   Super low priority, will fix sometime later

94.   CNR, probably fixed itself during light rebake

95.   CNR, probably fixed along the road already

96.   Fixed

97.   Need a better screenshot of the location here

98.   Fixed

99.   CNR, probably fixed itself during light rebake

100.                        CNR, presumably some lower gfx setting issue, poked QA to keep an eye on it

101.                        CNR

102.                        Fixed

103.                        CNR

104.                        CNR

105.                        CNR

106.                        Fixed, also optimized other Nav that might lead to issues

107.                        CNR, designer fixed some stuff there, still an issue?

108.                        CNR, I guess it was a freak accident with the rope there

109.                        Room has been modified in the meantime, should not happen anymore

110.                        Sealed

111.                        Fixed in both iterations of this corridor

112.                        Forwarded to Art for improvement

113.                        Fixed, blockers prevent you from clipping into pipes, can still crouch under pipes

114.                        Made wallrun smoother

115.                        Fixed this along with the changes from a bug above

116.                        CNR, presumably some lower gfx setting issue, poked QA to keep an eye on it

117.                        Uses a super old rock wall mesh that has terrible collision; will replace when I have some more time for big changes like this

118.                        CNR, shouldve been fixed when I passed over this room a while ago

119.                        Super low priority, will fix sometime later

120.                        Fixed, passed over all beams in this room, aligned them properly

121.                        CNR, checked the connection but didn’t see it

122.                        Fixed, was missing a pillar

123.                        Super low priority, will fix sometime later

124.                        Blocked access to under the staircase

125.                        CNR, freak accident I presume and you could kill it so nothing major

126.                        Fixed, blocked access to this part

127.                        Fixed, blocked hole

128.                        Can’t tell from the minimap where that is, another screenshot or description of location perhaps?

129.                        Fixed

130.                        Fixed

131.                        CNR, I believe this was fixed already

132.                        CNR, the teleporter is omnipresent here

133.                        I believe this was fixed already

134.                        Fixed, I don’t like this level, very out of date catwalk and fence meshes used everywhere, argh

135.                        CNR, not much I can do here other than wait for code to finally kill the drop through cart problem

136.                        CNR, checked if there’s any weird cull distance but there isn’t, never disappeared for me

137.                        Nice find but this is not likely to be ever encountered by the majority of players

138.                        CNR

139.                        Will pass to designer for future consideration

140.                        Good idea, will pass it on for future consideration.

141.                        Fixed

142.                        See issue 6; weird UV map problem on the elevator platform, forwarded to Art for fixins

143.                        CNR, prolly fixed already with rebaking at some point

144.                        Good idea, had been considered in the past but is very heavy on the engine to get synched on all clients; it’s not off the plate, just pushed to the back of the queue

145.                        Fixed

146.                        Fixed

147.                        Fixed

144.            Fixed, there was a giant blue, shadowing light messing with the lightmaps in this area

Took a little longer as U11 keeps us busy!

1.       Old trigger type changed to be sure, should’ve teleported loot already though

2.       (4) Removed

3.       (6) Fixed

4.       (8) cannot damage anything beyond those pillars with the bolt, still get it?

5.       (10) Tweaked pipe placement a little, other two issues I do not see

6.       (11) Correct, no collision on these beams with any elevator rail, bang for the buck ratio is not given when having it on these, wnf

7.       (14) CNR, probably fixed already

8.       (15) Fixed, added blocker so players have to crouch to get there

9.       (16) CNR, probably fixed already

10.   (17) CNR, probably fixed already

11.   (21) CNR

12.   (23) CNR

To your question: Some designers do, some don’t. Some post about it on forums, some don’t.

13.   (36) WNF, see 6

14.   (37) Will pass to designer for future consideration

15.   (38) see above

16.   (46) CNR, checked the layout there and spawn points were fine; some spawns were on the edge of the navigation space so I moved these closer in

17.   (48) CNR, displaying fine for me, possibly got fixed or I am not able to repro?

18.   (51) Fixed, one cover point was flagged standing

19.   (52) I noticed that while taking a look at 12/23, forwarded to art for optimization

20.   (53) Tweaked area nav slightly to prevent this

21.   (54) WNF, see 6

22.   (55) Fixed

56.   CNR

57.   CNR

58.   Fixed

59.   Forwarded to Code

60.   CNR

61.   Fixed, set proper lighting attributes in that tram cart

62.   Fixed

63.   CNR

64.   WNF, see 6

65.   CNR, presumably some lower gfx setting issue, poked QA to keep an eye on it

66.   Fixed, upped cull distance on fog rays slightly

67.   CNR, probably fixed when rebuilding light here

68.   I think this is the same as 62?

69.   CNR

70.   CNR, should’ve been fixed already

71.   CNR, seems same issue as 65, also told QA

72.   Fixed

73.   Fixed

74.   CNR, there was no spawn for loot there, possibly removed at some point already

75.   CNR, presumably some lower gfx setting issue, poked QA to keep an eye on it

76.   CNR, presumably some lower gfx setting issue, poked QA to keep an eye on it

77.   CNR, presumably some lower gfx setting issue, poked QA to keep an eye on it

78.   Will pass to designer for future consideration

79.   Fixed

80.   Mitch passed over this a couple of times already, should not trap anything here anymore

81.   “

82.   Fixed, slightly moved jump action

83.   Improved

84.   Hmm, not sure, even my Thrakk Rhino can make it across both ways easily.

85.   Rumor has it the Grineer might be stealing scrap material from the Corpus every now and then ;)

86.   Super low priority, will fix sometime later

87.   Super low priority, will fix sometime later

88.   Super low priority, will fix sometime later

89.   Super low priority, will fix sometime later

90.   Super low priority, will fix sometime later

91.   Super low priority, will fix sometime later

92.   Super low priority, will fix sometime later

93.   Super low priority, will fix sometime later

94.   CNR, probably fixed itself during light rebake

95.   CNR, probably fixed along the road already

96.   Fixed

97.   Need a better screenshot of the location here

98.   Fixed

99.   CNR, probably fixed itself during light rebake

100.                        CNR, presumably some lower gfx setting issue, poked QA to keep an eye on it

101.                        CNR

102.                        Fixed

103.                        CNR

104.                        CNR

105.                        CNR

106.                        Fixed, also optimized other Nav that might lead to issues

107.                        CNR, designer fixed some stuff there, still an issue?

108.                        CNR, I guess it was a freak accident with the rope there

109.                        Room has been modified in the meantime, should not happen anymore

110.                        Sealed

111.                        Fixed in both iterations of this corridor

112.                        Forwarded to Art for improvement

113.                        Fixed, blockers prevent you from clipping into pipes, can still crouch under pipes

114.                        Made wallrun smoother

115.                        Fixed this along with the changes from a bug above

116.                        CNR, presumably some lower gfx setting issue, poked QA to keep an eye on it

117.                        Uses a super old rock wall mesh that has terrible collision; will replace when I have some more time for big changes like this

118.                        CNR, shouldve been fixed when I passed over this room a while ago

119.                        Super low priority, will fix sometime later

120.                        Fixed, passed over all beams in this room, aligned them properly

121.                        CNR, checked the connection but didn’t see it

122.                        Fixed, was missing a pillar

123.                        Super low priority, will fix sometime later

124.                        Blocked access to under the staircase

125.                        CNR, freak accident I presume and you could kill it so nothing major

126.                        Fixed, blocked access to this part

127.                        Fixed, blocked hole

128.                        Can’t tell from the minimap where that is, another screenshot or description of location perhaps?

129.                        Fixed

130.                        Fixed

131.                        CNR, I believe this was fixed already

132.                        CNR, the teleporter is omnipresent here

133.                        I believe this was fixed already

134.                        Fixed, I don’t like this level, very out of date catwalk and fence meshes used everywhere, argh

135.                        CNR, not much I can do here other than wait for code to finally kill the drop through cart problem

136.                        CNR, checked if there’s any weird cull distance but there isn’t, never disappeared for me

137.                        Nice find but this is not likely to be ever encountered by the majority of players

138.                        CNR

139.                        Will pass to designer for future consideration

140.                        Good idea, will pass it on for future consideration.

141.                        Fixed

142.                        See issue 6; weird UV map problem on the elevator platform, forwarded to Art for fixins

143.                        CNR, prolly fixed already with rebaking at some point

144.                        Good idea, had been considered in the past but is very heavy on the engine to get synched on all clients; it’s not off the plate, just pushed to the back of the queue

145.                        Fixed

146.                        Fixed

147.                        Fixed

144.            Fixed, there was a giant blue, shadowing light messing with the lightmaps in this area

Wow that is a lot of bug fixes, good work there!

Also good work to all the people that found these bugs and reported them, I know I for one may not have realised less then 1/6th of these bugs.

Pretty sure that most of those were indeed already fixed, the thread date a fair bit back. I removed the extra fluff, worst come to worst, I'll report it again (it's not like there was any super obscure stuff).

About 17.(48) : Most probably fixed.

About 65: Pretty sure that was in a period where the windows in general were being experimented upon, there was a lot of weird stuff happening. Haven't noticed any problem with it nowadays, so removed.

About 68: It is the same as 62, I'm not used to having participation in my threads, so I skim over other posters' reports and forget about them sometimes. I'm human too.

About 84: Maybe it was improved by the time I posted it? Will try to check next time I go in this extraction tile. 

About 107: Last time I passed by that tile it seemed OK. If anything still gets trapped there, it's probably latcher and rollers, and they can stay there as far as I'm concerned. Removed it for now. 

About 108: Pretty sure I had it happen just last week, I think the AI stay on the zipline too long and traps themselves there. Whether it's a problem or not, I am not sure honestly. 

About 128: Same tile as here, just under the floor where Nekros is located.

About 137: Does that mean you'll never get around to fix it or just super low priority? At any rate, I'll leave it for now, I understand you must prioritize your moves, but the bug still exists. 

Phew, that was a big one, I'm glad not all my explorafun threads are as big as this one. Seeing CNR annoys me too, I don't like wasting your time Carp >_>. Well, your and the other designer's time really.  

At any rate, would you mind explaining to me (and the folks following at home) why the elevator beams and other similar collision-less objects don't get a proper collision box? I'm not contesting your WNF decision, I'm just curious. While we're at it, mind explaining why the AI need the ramp to be walk able over? I never quite got that one.

One last thing Carp, about all those "weird shadow" bugs you can't replicate, would it be better to share the screenies and my EE.log with the friendly folks at support or it's just that some designers got around to fixing it before you could? 

Thanks for keeping me updated! 

Also, bring U11 ASAP! ... Well, your part of U11 at any rate. 

Edited by Kinperor

137: It is a bug, it is logged, the priority is super low as likely 99% of the players will never encounter it. It will be looked at eventually©®. 

CNR ones are really more my/our fault than yours. I should not let the threads build up like this before tackling them. I liked your idea of bite sized posts. It's easier for me to fix 2-3 issues real quick before I leave work than have a big pile of stuff to go through in like 2 days. But again, my bad for letting it get so big.

I don't mind explaining. While slapping on more collision is a, relatively, easy process for the artist it is opening a can of worms for all sorts of things. A simple collision can quickly add up for performance as AI now raycasts the crap out of it. Sure, one mesh alone isn't any bad but this mesh in particular isn't really light on performance already AND it is mostly used out of way so before we take the performance hit on it with adding full and realistic collision, we sacrifice a little immersion and hope the vast majority of players don't run into it. I am not sure what ramp exactly you;re talking about? Sorry, loads of things going on atm.

Very likely things got fixed in the meantime. By all means, feel free to post them to support as well, but please be ware our lads and lasses there are super busy and that pure bugs are not as high in priority for getting an answer as critical billing stuff an alike.

Yeah, at first I posted large posts to keep people from coming in and bothering me about "post inflation", but bite-sizes are definitely more interesting for all of us. 

As for the time it takes to fix stuff, I don't really mind if it takes long, I just don't want to feel I made all that for naught. Did a couple of reports to support already, I know it's not logged over night all the time, but the kind of stuff that requires EE.log aren't pressing matters usually (inter-tile clipping for instance, when I don't know which tile is problematic). 

As for the ramp, I mean the handrail. Can't remember if I got one instance still logged somewhere, but basically it's possible to walk right over a handrail like it was a small bump instead of well, a handrail meant to stop us from going off the stairs. I recall I posted a couple in my Void Run Fun Ride thread, but you said they were necessary for the AI (which I had no idea honestly).

That's an example of why I like having dialogues with designers: I report stuff I don't even know is intended or too nitpicky (I'll be honest, I don't know if the "head clip" reports I do are worth mentioning at all). 

Bite sized bugs, mmmh.

Yeah I can understand you totally. When I started out in QA it was not uncommon to report a lot of stuff you put effort in and then it lay around for ages and eventually got mass closed as "too old, fixed probably". Now that I sit on the other side of the table myself I see how it can happen that one is so bogged down with stuff that you simply do not have time to fix bugs that are not super high priority. I can assure you it isn't malicious intent or that you get the feeling nobody's listening, that's definitely not the case. :) I'll stop by more often and eat up the bite sized posts more regularly !

Ah I see. handrails are a tricky thing. We have so many different sized and shaped AI that need to work in all environments stuff like this happens. Plus we sometimes use pieces not made for the environment they are in or we have the pieces before we come up with the environment etc and then situations like these happen where AI simply won't go over something you built. Now you can rebuild (if you have time), have Art re-do/optimize (if they have time) or slap some not so nice stuff down to make the AI go where it needs to go. Apologies if I made it sound like the AI needs this itself, that's not the case, it needs to have the wiggle room in certain scenarios.

Please do not stop reporting things that disturb you as player. If it disturbs you there is a high chance it disturbs other people that might be less vocal and eloquent about it here. :) Worst case scenario they get slapped won to low priority bugs but they will be logged and eventually looked at. I am a sucker for the littlest things so I will make sure to at least look at every head clip you got!

Couple of snacks:

#148 TBF: Weird shadows (three instances). - Fixed -

#150 TBF: Weird shadows 2. - Fixed -

#151 TBF: Fire crate. - Fixed -

#152 TBF: Ghost sparkles. - Fixed -

#153 TBF: Straight terrain cut. - Fixed -

#154 TBF: Clipping fence/rock. - Fixed -

Edited by Kinperor

Here we go.

148.   Fixed all three, ceilings didn’t have proper lightmaps and material assigned

149.   Fixed, map needed light a light rebake

150.   Hmm, nothing bad I can see here; I tweaked lightptobe placement that should hopefully make it better

151.   Fixed, moved to side

152.   Fixed, removed particle effect stuck in wall

153.   Fixed, added additional rock

154.   Fixed

• 2 weeks later...

Did a tour in the Asteroid, was pleased to see the new tiles and how that old one with a pretty much unnoticeable first floor finally linked to some train docks. 

However, while it's cool that we can move the train, I noticed they really needed some optimization. It's a cool idea, but the car sway very hard, and is very weird. I can make a video if you want, but I'm not sure it's needed in this case.

Couple of reports:

#155 TBF: Odd light (off focus clipping as well).

1385392812-light-glitch-odd-light-grinee            It's hard to see but there's a handrail there (highlighted) that glows white, like super heated metal or something. Also, there's some infestation mush mat I forgot to highlight that clips with the orange section of the pipe, but I figure that this is temporarily while you handcraft mush mat just for this tile.

#156 TBF: Weird shadow.

1385392811-light-glitch-weird-shadow-gri            Speaks for itself. It's not so much that I expect that spot to be bright that the shadow cuts in a line unnaturally between the two tile.

#157 TBF: Collision box optimization.

1385392817-props-glitch-collision-box-gr            One of these small rocks have no collision box. I forgot which one of these it was tho, sorry.

#158 TBF: Locker and mush clipping.

1385392814-terrain-glitch-props-clipping            Sorry for the action blur, no idea what happened when I took the shot. Point is, the lockers are clipping with the ground, and the mush mat is clipping with that ball. For the mush, I still think you're planning to optimize the mushing in that area, but I thought I may as well point it out.

#159 TBF: Terrain clipping with fence.

1385392815-terrain-glitch-texture-clippi            It's hard to see, but part of the rock ceiling is clipping with the fence. Also, behind said fences, I think there's a hole in the map. It looks like one, but I can't be sure. It would be under the red square and to the right of the "V" in the fence.

#160 TBF: Terrain clipping with fence.

1385392817-terrain-glitch-texture-clippi           Speaks for itself.  

#161 TBF: Terrain clipping with pipe.

1385392818-terrain-glitch-texture-clippi            Speaks for itself. Same tile as above.

• 2 months later...

#162 TBF: Weird shadows. - Iced for light department. 

1392590898-light-glitch-weird-shadows-gr

Speaks for itself.

#163 TBC: Platform redesign. - To be implemented. 

#164 TBF: Lingering creator's material. - Fixed

That's all for now, have a great one. 

Edited by Kinperor