Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma 2.0 (Suggestion)

Voltage

I have always been so aggravated about how Forma works and what it takes to max a weapon / warframe after using one. What if players were rewarded for forma and the xp system? Here is how I would have made forma work and feel free to criticize, whine, or actually construct upon my idea.

Here is my solution: Make forma something you add to your gear at rank 30. Let us use an example of 1 Warframe and 1 Weapon. For your weapon, you need 450,000 xp towards rank 30 and your warframe is double that. When you polarize you must restart from scratch, making Draco and ODD the prime spots to speed through that xp wall. We all know star chart 3.0 is going to remove the Draco play style. This is only part of the solution folks. 

Let us make life a little easier the more you play, shall we? Say you are Mastery Rank 21, and you forma your Excalibur Umbra and your Nikana Prime. If you forma your gear, the mod slots should NOT be reset and instead, have a focus type meter show up (maybe red?) under your forma'd gear. Depending on your mastery rank, a special amount will be added to your progress bar(I will show possible formulas in a moment). This allows veterans to have a little less grind then the noobies to promote ranking gear up and trying new things. Now let's get into the math:

Math:

NOTE: These formulas are not designed for Kubrows, Kavats, Archwings, Sentinel Weapons, or anything else.

z = earned xp towards that item before beginning to level

x = mastery rank

y = number of forma added to the gear

Warframes/Sentinels (need 900,000 xp to rank to next forma level [same as now]):

z = 8,000x + 7,000y

Results (After 1st Forma):

MR ; xp added:

1 ; 15,000   

5 ; 47,000

10 ; 87,000

15 ; 127,000 

20 ; 167,000

25 ; 207,000

30 ; 247,000        

Weapons (need 450,000 xp to rank to next forma level [same as now]):

z = 4,000x + 7,000y

Results (After 1st Forma):

MR ; xp added:

1 ; 11,000

5 ; 27,000

10 ; 47,000

15 ; 67,000

20 ; 87,000

25 ; 107,000

30 ; 127,000

These are just 2 formulas I thought were ideal to show how my idea works, so players with high MR that grinded it out can be rewarded with less grind to forma weapons. Tell me below what you think. Obviously DE could make different formulas, but I used these 2 to show an example of my idea. I have also noticed player ideas or really never introduced in-game, but it is worth a shot. :D

Edited by -BE-VoltageKg

So your solution to the forma grind is to do the same grind but with a slightly less intensive amount of xp needed?

You're not actually solving the problem. People already have a bad enough issue with Mastery Rank. You're requiring them to grind Mastery Rank (via another Draco) just to make forma grinding easier.

Also, Draco, as a concept, isn't going away. They're just going to make it rotate.

23 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

So your solution to the forma grind is to do the same grind but with a slightly less intensive amount of xp needed?

You're not actually solving the problem. People already have a bad enough issue with Mastery Rank. You're requiring them to grind Mastery Rank (via another Draco) just to make forma grinding easier.

Also, Draco, as a concept, isn't going away. They're just going to make it rotate.

What is wrong with a player who has 1k+ hours getting a reward for their time by needing less to get a forma slapped on. I realize there will always be a loot cave but dude MR 21 with having used over 100 formas easy am tired of endless grind. Rewarding End-Gamers and using my system of keep mod slots so you can use ur gun to its maximum capacity while grinding xp for the next forma.

Also, getting Mastery 5+ isnt really an issue, I used the 1,5,10, etc just as milestones, so that variable xp is added every Mastery level

Edited by -BE-VoltageKg

I read a rumor a while back about damage mods going away, wouldn't that solve the forma dilemma? I mean how many forma's would you need if you didn't have to worry about those mods? Also where would you spend your time if you weren't cheesing the hell out of this game at draco?

4 hours ago, This_Machine said:

I read a rumor a while back about damage mods going away, wouldn't that solve the forma dilemma? I mean how many forma's would you need if you didn't have to worry about those mods? Also where would you spend your time if you weren't cheesing the hell out of this game at draco?

forma is used to add as much mods as you want and, no the damage mods going away wouldn't solve the problem, because we still have Heavy Calibur, Primed Bane mods and elementals. forma is something  that should not reset your progress, but also reward players depending on mastery rank because at 20 you have leveled and used MANY items.

PS T4I for ducats .... Baro

Edited by -BE-VoltageKg

19 hours ago, This_Machine said:

And when/if they remove damage mods, you'll have forma'd slots that you'll have to reforma just to change the polarity.   I started a thread to address that issue.   This thread would be more favorable, especially when you have to forma something multiple times, just to see if there's potential.  Maybe even have a market item thastores the xp.  They could charge like 10p.