The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Draco is the salt to our Community

Flamingauss

2 hours ago, Im_The_Real_Dirty_Dan said:

Now everybody knows Draco is pretty much the bread and butter to this game at the moment, but jeeze I really can't wait for like an exp nerf or something because the amount of salt between Draco sun praisers and Conclave try-hards are really deluding the once great community that Warframe once was. I like to run a Draco every once in a while because its the fastest way i can get my syndicate point dailies out of the way if I'm in a hurry, but wow some of these people are like "This has to be done this way or you're a nub". Lets get back to players helping out players, instead of some random joining in your already in progress game and calling them a leech, or bringing that CoD/LoL childishness into conclave. I mean play how you want just don't ruin the fun for others.

Reveal hidden contents

Just have fun ya'll.

would u guys please stop b1tching about draco no one cares because MR doesn't matter !!! 

1 minute ago, ScorpDK said:

I think they need to remove Affinity Sharing completely. If you didn't kill it personally, you get nothing.
That instantly makes Draco less attractive, and since people cry about others spamming their ultimates anyway...no harm done, right?

sure, then you will destroy all cooperation in the game, just like when focus was only gained through direct kills, players will go corner themselves to kill their own corridor with their shares of enemy, support frames won't be used anymore … it would be quicker to remove the squad option and force everyone to play solo.

Best way to implement "hallway-hero the game".

Just now, Trichouette said:

People would just stop playing warframe then.

With the amount of time needed to levelup something from lvl 0 to 30, if you didn't get experience from other player's kill too it would be too long.

As I said a few posts back, Spy Missions grant Affinity to all your equipment for each vault opened during a Spy mission, with a much larger reward if you didn't trip an alarm (and it's REALLY easy to avoid that, tbh), and stealth kills across the level will give you up to 500% more Affinity if you don't run around like a loony. 1 Run on Ceres? If you use a single weapon only, that one goes from 0 to 16-26, easily. Just have to avoid breaking the multiplier by alerting enemies.

2 hours ago, Trichouette said:

Unless that a draco nerf is unlikely to happen since DE said they want to "vary/diversify it" but not destroy it.

And once again my answer to all these threads are "Play with your friends & clan and stop complaining about random players"

this ...

it doesnt help anybody if draco get changed and it doesnt help anybody to go in details, people dont listen

the mass of gamers vents their strange emotions in internetgames and this will not change too

so, we can love/ignore the "new players" or we can tell them what we think via chat or not and thats it

i for myself have my personal way to level up whatever in warframe, there draco is maybe 5 % or less used by me

im not a rusher, i like to play the whole game as it is offered

even like in real life, if you are only a fast "ninja" without the whole treasury in mind what it means to be really fast youre a looser

Edited by Guest

Just now, ScorpDK said:

As I said a few posts back, Spy Missions grant Affinity to all your equipment for each vault opened during a Spy mission, with a much larger reward if you didn't trip an alarm (and it's REALLY easy to avoid that, tbh), and stealth kills across the level will give you up to 500% more Affinity if you don't run around like a loony. 1 Run on Ceres? If you use a single weapon only, that one goes from 0 to 16-26, easily. Just have to avoid breaking the multiplier by alerting enemies.

The amount of experience given to your weapons & frame for 1 spy vault completed sneakily is equal to... like 2 min of draco maybe.

And sadly for us, you CAN'T make stealth kill with weapons that can't OS and/or melee. For example you can't levelup a boltor with sneak affinity boost.

1 wave of draco is enough to get your weapon from 0 to 30 if it's your only weapon.

Whatever you say, all other way to get affinity aren't efficient enough compared to draco, and doing sneak leveling up is too conditional regarding what weapon you can levelup with this.

Just now, pepsi-tan said:

I don't know if you're paying any attention... but that is the case right now.  Leveling is not content in this game, it's a time wall. Not a single weapon in this game is "fun" until it's maxed, and possibly has several formas in it. Soma is a garbage weapon when it's not fully modded. There's absolutely nothing fun about it. Loki is torture to level, because without proper mods he's about as useful as a wet piece of toilet paper. These are just some examples. Very few weapons and frames show potential at rank 0.

Yep, like I said some stuff are a grind for the sake of grind and it's just sad.

The system on how leveling up works does needs revisit at some point. However, this approach needs more meat to it than just reducing affinity needed or tackle it in a different manner.

2 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

With the amount of gears we have in this game, that not going to happen soon, also you are going to get bored of this game no matter what content it has.

As for few people that complain, if DE listen to them and they might the type that will quit the game after few weeks, we are basically getting screwed.

I prefer less time to max my gear so i can head out to do what i want to do!

Oh of course, I'm sure those type players who rush things and then whine won't stay around the game & DE shouldn't cater on such audience.

Most, including me, would want to get into the thick of things and finally have fun w/o the dreaded need to level so ever slowly.

Still, I think that affinity cutting only will partially help the issue at hand rather than cover all bases.

Why not buff/tweaks the frames/weapons so it's actually fun to use? Maybe then maxing out isn't top priority to have fun.

In short, it would be best to tackle it with more ideas or different approach than just moving the Affinity Need slider back and forth.

4 minutes ago, dealingtrap said:

sure, then you will destroy all cooperation in the game, just like when focus was only gained through direct kills, players will go corner themselves to kill their own corridor with their shares of enemy, support frames won't be used anymore … it would be quicker to remove the squad option and force everyone to play solo.

Best way to implement "hallway-hero the game".

It's called Sarcasm, translates badly on the internet, I know. And Cooperation is already destroyed if all people play is Draco to begin with. Want to play something else? Ooops, no teammates, they're on Draco. For some reason.

In which case, disable Affinity Sharing on Interception, and give you an affinity bonus for defending a tower, such as how some other shooters give you defense bonuses for killing enemies while near an objective. Since each player will be sitting at a tower anyway, that doesn't destroy affinity gain completely, but makes Interception (and therefore, Draco) less desirable.

But hey, DE putting more effort into solo-missions would be great in my book. Ensures the content is actually scaling properly for lone Tenno operatives and doesn't introduce more map-specific areas that require a team of 2-4 to actually be able to play/solve said area (such as Orokin Moon puzzles)

Is not about node, is all about people.
There is like a LOT of so-called "loot caves", but people have chosen this particular node, as it was with Xini and Viver. I'm ok with that. I just tired to see these pointless and meaningless Draco-threads. Just saying, now is not so easy to ignore it.

My god....can this "mimimi" finally end? Starchart 3.0 is already knocking at the door and people still bother to complain about draco?

DE is long aware of that already... So folks spare you some locks and nerves and better don't discuss it anymore until SC 3.0 is finally here in U19. Just a tip.

6 minutes ago, ScorpDK said:

It's called Sarcasm, translates badly on the internet, I know. And Cooperation is already destroyed if all people play is Draco to begin with. Want to play something else? Ooops, no teammates, they're on Draco. For some reason.

In which case, disable Affinity Sharing on Interception, and give you an affinity bonus for defending a tower, such as how some other shooters give you defense bonuses for killing enemies while near an objective. Since each player will be sitting at a tower anyway, that doesn't destroy affinity gain completely, but makes Interception (and therefore, Draco) less desirable.

But hey, DE putting more effort into solo-missions would be great in my book. Ensures the content is actually scaling properly for lone Tenno operatives and doesn't introduce more map-specific areas that require a team of 2-4 to actually be able to play/solve said area (such as Orokin Moon puzzles)

or orokin moon defense and it's clusterous amount of spawn places that no single tenno and guard.... :|

5 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

The amount of experience given to your weapons & frame for 1 spy vault completed sneakily is equal to... like 2 min of draco maybe.

And sadly for us, you CAN'T make stealth kill with weapons that can't OS and/or melee. For example you can't levelup a boltor with sneak affinity boost.

1 wave of draco is enough to get your weapon from 0 to 30 if it's your only weapon.

Whatever you say, all other way to get affinity aren't efficient enough compared to draco, and doing sneak leveling up is too conditional regarding what weapon you can levelup with this.

You apparently have never used a unranked MK1-Strun on a level 35 Grineer Spy mission to perform stealth kills. As long as the enemy is incapped, you will not alert them.

Ivara's Sleep Arrow breaks once the enemy takes about 50% of their health in damage, but it takes several seconds before they wake up, so you can gun/cut them down regardless, or fire another Sleep Arrow to put them back to sleep. Unless they are receiving damage at that exact moment where they are fully awake and aware, you can put them back to sleep before they get alerted and continue to murder their face without a bother. Is it more efficient than going AFK on Draco while 3 other people hit their 4 key? Probably not, but it actually is all you, not 3 people carrying you. And you feel satisfaction from having done something yourself, rather than relying on other human.

5 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

or orokin moon defense and it's clusterous amount of spawn places that no single tenno and guard.... :|

yep... what a joyous moment where you just wish to call on a sunbro for jolly cooperation.

Did it once to clear the star-chart, will not play it again (since the moon rewards are pretty much the same as in other locations, just mixed and shuffled, afair)

It's basically the Grineer Cavern Defense Map, except  there's literally nothing that stops the enemies' line of sight towards the objective.

Edited by ScorpDK

Buff the rest of the starmap, or do away with releveling content when applying a forma, or at least halve it consecutively every time you apply one. Oh I've seen the game without Draco on consoles for years 1 and 2 and IT WAS A GHOST TOWN. 

I'd rather one active node with a great benefit in Xp gain over  90% of a starmap filled with emptiness, while Lares and Appollodorus is your only social setting. They can rotate the maps all they want, if players see tiny little minuscule gains in Xp after battling brutal levels of Ai...yeah that's not fun, thats nothing to stick around for, keep telling yourself it is. It isn't. 

Draco I feel gets players better equipped and you are starting to see more activity on Alerts, Syndicate missions, sorties, and events out in the higher planets due to what I believe players finally getting confident with their gear. I always see Draco teaches bad habits on these forums, but I find that it's made me better. You get dropped a couple of times you learn quick, I started changing up my builds and now my Warframes wreck in T3-T4 survivals way after the 40 minute mark along side sorties thanks to experiementing on Ceres's Grineer populating Draco. 

Why all know why they complain about people that use Draco to level there gear... Pure Jealousy.

It kills them that people with Maxed Frames and Maxed Weapons walk through missions where they need to be carried since they cant do more than 1% damage.

11 minutes ago, ScorpDK said:

You apparently have never used a unranked MK1-Strun on a level 35 Grineer Spy mission to perform stealth kills. As long as the enemy is incapped, you will not alert them.

Ivara's Sleep Arrow breaks once the enemy takes about 50% of their health in damage, but it takes several seconds before they wake up, so you can gun/cut them down regardless, or fire another Sleep Arrow to put them back to sleep. Unless they are receiving damage at that exact moment where they are fully awake and aware, you can put them back to sleep before they get alerted and continue to murder their face without a bother. Is it more efficient than going AFK on Draco while 3 other people hit their 4 key? Probably not, but it actually is all you, not 3 people carrying you. And you feel satisfaction from having done something yourself, rather than relying on other human.

It still takes way too long...

What we need is the whole affinity gain from kill to be increased and each objective completed in any mission type should grant a lot of affinity, just like spy.

The problem with Draco is not Draco itself, the problem with Draco is... People

Some people in the game (and in this forum) seems entitled to tell others on how they suppose to play the game, and even, which weapons they had to use (look at the nerf patrol on this forum crying about Tonkor, S Symulor, etc)

I play Draco a lot, and sometimes, Draco could be hardesest and funniest than some void missions, all because the randomness of the people there

5 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

Why all know why they complain about people that use Draco to level there gear... Pure Jealousy.

It kills them that people with Maxed Frames and Maxed Weapons walk through missions where they need to be carried since they cant do more than 1% damage.

Ummmm... what? XD

Oh, yeah, I'm sure everyone is super-jelly about people AFKing while 3 other people carry their butt by pressing 4 repeatedly.

Just now, ScorpDK said:

Ummmm... what? XD

Oh, yeah, I'm sure everyone is super-jelly about people AFKing while 3 other people carry their butt by pressing 4 repeatedly.

No I was referring to having to carry 3 casuals in a tier 3 Sortie or an Alert or a Tower 4 whatever...

31 minutes ago, Fionntan said:

Why not buff/tweaks the frames/weapons so it's actually fun to use? Maybe then maxing out isn't top priority to have fun.

In short, it would be best to tackle it with more ideas or different approach than just moving the Affinity Need slider back and forth.

DE already but slowly reworking frames to bring them up to par with others so its actually happening.

Guess the best way to counter the Affinity issue is by releasing Alerts with X2 (double Affinity).

There is no way every weapons are going to be fun, if you played games, any games with weapons in it then you yourself should know that very well.

Don't as DE to make all weapons God Tiers, because when they do that, people will complain about all weapons feel the "same", right now most of the weapon DON'T feel the same.

Keep it that way please.

I haven't play Draco in a long time until this week. I took my freshly forma'd mummy frame. I had fun. I leveled up my frame by just running around and shooting stuff. I didn't need an excal or cheese. I ran with randoms. I thought it was really nice to be honest. The problem has to be other players not the spot I was playing. But I didn't have any issues at all. And it was nice to level up and kill stuff. 

So is the real issue campers vs non campers or something?  Seems to me the problem is other players trying to dictate how to play not where I'm at. And that problem is in other places too. Right? 

50 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

DE already but slowly reworking frames to bring them up to par with others so its actually happening.

Guess the best way to counter the Affinity issue is by releasing Alerts with X2 (double Affinity).

There is no way every weapons are going to be fun, if you played games, any games with weapons in it then you yourself should know that very well.

Don't as DE to make all weapons God Tiers, because when they do that, people will complain about all weapons feel the "same", right now most of the weapon DON'T feel the same.

Keep it that way please.

Double affinity alerts would be neat.

As for the "fun" factor I personally enjoy new/old weapons to switch around & vary my gameplay time.

Yes I have a list of disliked stuff, but once awhile I find a few novelty ones that could use some tweaks. Nothing too crazy that'll shake the very Tenno heavens, just sensible tweaks to make it worthwhile. It could also make me revisit disliked ones if said tweaks make it bearable at least around mid-levels tops (ex:Akzima).

So in short, I wish not for DE to make it entire Arsenal God Tier levels (since that will backfire eventually). Just something more bearable to work with while re-leveling.

Thankfully I am aware they are working on the idea of making weapons damage scale per rank so that's a start, and frame reworks are much welcomed in my book.