Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Space Pirates! Environment Proposition

Luminati07

heres a concept art by travisone from deviantart of what the space pirates could look like?

space_piratess_by_travisone-d64cnpz.jpg

It's a great drawing, but I think I say no to the bikini, I could just imagine the S#&$storm if that got added. :P

The helmet looks cool, so do the pants, as does the sword.

Thanks for the picture, though! :)

with all the respect 

i think is completely stupid adding this to warframe.

Warframe is not Crysis and wont be crysis . 

its inspace battle game.

adding some fortress to it seems super stupid and there's no way it will be added,

give me an idea explain how from space you suddenly appear in fortress .

super stupid ideas adding something irrelevant to the game, it don't even have any smaller connection of forest to the game .

Space and Forest.

ridicules  

Well... first things first... you say "with all the respect" yet your ending of your post suggest otherwise "super stupid ideas".

That doesn't seem "respectful" at all but condescending.

Second, you claim that this is a space battle. This is not correct. It's a space ninja co-op shooter game. This can mean many things. From ship battles to battles on different planets. The idea of fortresses is entirely possible. If you want an example. look at the defense mission corpus outpost. One of them defense map is huge, almost like fortress and it may very well be one. In one of the live-streams, DE_Scott mentioned that there will be a planet tile-set for Grineers. This means it'll be like corpus outpost (corpus planet), except for Grineers, they will have a sandstorm-like theme for their outpost/planet/village/etc. Seeing as we are fighting in our solar system, and its around the planets, it's not too far fetched to perhaps have one of the planets be forest. Maybe possibly in the future, travel to other planet systems.

Now... for Warframes and Crysis being different. You are correct, they are different. But! at the same time, they are very similar as well. The powers they both present, are basically no different from other Warframe powers. Crysis has the ability to harden the suit, basically "armor up". Does that sound like any Warframe we know? It can also turn invisible....yet again, any similarities? Basically, I'm just saying that they aren't so different from each other, just small differences, with one being planet based, and the other having the ability to travel interplanetarily.

It's a great drawing, but I think I say no to the bikini, I could just imagine the S#&$storm if that got added. :P

The helmet looks cool, so do the pants, as does the sword.

Thanks for the picture, though! :)

perhaps something creepy? by wolf-in-bound:

spineless_by_wolf_in_bound-d62xr22.jpg

Edited by VoidWraith

Better, but I still like the idea of them just being baseline (or mildly cybernetic) humans trying to survive surrounded by legions of psychotic clones, corporate machine cultists, an unstoppable nano-plague and ancient warriors of myth and legend. None of whom give any thought to the little people caught between their endless warring. I love moral ambiguity :)

I found some more cool sci-fi jungle ruin art.

spaceship_wreck_yard_by_m_wojtala-d64app

Edited by ValhaHazred

• 2 weeks later...

I like the idea, Hope this could happen in Planet Earth. I don't mind they rebuild the whole Earth Map into new map and add more. Than we pioneer player can replay the whole Earth mission again in a more Green and Blue Environment. +some old building.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the necro, but I just want to bump this thread with the release of the Grineer Outposts.

We know how amazing that open environments can be.

The settlements are awesome, and I believe (once again), that a forest/jungle/ruined city tileset would be utterly incredible.

I would like either the ruined city or some sort of active metropolis.  Don't get me wrong, the idea of a forest tileset would be great, but I would love to infiltrate Grineer High Command and then lift a set of highly important documents from their offices.

I would like either the ruined city or some sort of active metropolis.  Don't get me wrong, the idea of a forest tileset would be great, but I would love to infiltrate Grineer High Command and then lift a set of highly important documents from their offices.

An active metro would be interesting, but I can't help but think they'd be really hard to make.

It it's a city, there'd need to be some way of restricting exploration, and it's hard to do that with a living city.

Roadblocks, bridges etc are normally used, but things like that can only go so far. (especially if you have Wormhole at your disposal)

Then there's the issues of community. Do the Grineer have civilians? Where are they when we attack.

I'm all for an active city, it'd be an amazing place to go, but there are some issues with implementation.

Thankyou for the feedback. :)