Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Space Pirates! Environment Proposition

Luminati07

i don't really like this.

mixing games is not the solution guys o:

If you keep up with this in some time your gonna be asking for friggin boats crossing the grineer space ships .-.

How about creating a faction of Green alien ET's with some wierd guns, or some messed up creatures in far distant planets in another galaxy?

Let's not mix forests with atmosphere-less planets and with space ships. 

Mixing games?

Since when did forests belong to any particular video game? oO

I don't see where you're coming from here, drawing inspiration from other games isn't new. Many games thrive on it.

There's nothing wrong with getting some ideas from other games, as long as you don't fully copy it.

Nevertheless, I appreciate the feedback.

Edited by Nugget_

Mixing games?

Since when did forests belong to any particular video game? oO

I don't see where you're coming from here, drawing inspiration from other games isn't new. Many games thrive on it.

There's nothing wrong with getting some ideas from other games, as long as you don't fully copy it.

Nevertheless, I appreciate the feedback.

Yea nothing wrong getting ideas and not slamming them in here like copy paste. I did not said that either.

There's a lot of "crysis" thingies and whispering going on on this thread and i just don't like the sound of it because mixing a game like crysis with this one would just kill this whole concept which is going to come out to PS4 and all that.

You guys (generally speaking) need to get your ideas straight.

Yea nothing wrong getting ideas and not slamming them in here like copy paste. I did not said that either.

There's a lot of "crysis" thingies and whispering going on on this thread and i just don't like the sound of it because mixing a game like crysis with this one would just kill this whole concept which is going to come out to PS4 and all that.

You guys (generally speaking) need to get your ideas straight.

Yeah, Crysis was mentioned. We were drawing inspiration from Crysis and Crysis 3.

Crysis 3 isn't the first time the setting of a city overrun by foliage has been used.

I'm still not seeing your point here.

You say "nothing wrong with getting ideas", yet you also say that we are mixing it with Crysis.

We are just drawing inspiration from other media.

Crysis and Crysis 3 are good examples of what we are trying to convey.

I needed an example of video game forests, what better game to showcase other than Crysis?

I needed an example of a dead city overrun by plantlife, what better game to showcase other than Crysis 3?

You are misinterpreting our ideas.

We are not suggesting we copy either game, we are just using those images for examples.

Plus, it's not like Crysis and Crysis 3 own the rights to forests or dead cities. Jeez

I'm not gonna lie, if this was integrated, I'd be *extremely* happy. I mean, for each faction there'd be a lot they could go for. The Corpus could be located more on the more-advanced areas probably, looking for older technologies to acquire, while the Grineer could be scavenging for whatever they could find anywhere they gain control.

Just the concept overall is pretty great, and we could use another enviornment set; I mean, I can still count em on one hand....

Corpus Outposts, Corpus Ships, Grineer Mining Vessels, Grineer Ships, and The Void.

If they could manage it and develop the engine to support it, what if they added in passive enviornmental effects that dont directly affect gameplay, such as rain as well?

Edited by Shad0wclaw17

Keep in mind that this is way way in the future, so any architecture we have now may be entirely different.

I am aware that the architecture would be somewhat different, I even said so in one of my posts here. It's all just inspiration for contemporary concrete tower ruins. They would look similar enough to equate with ruined human city though. It's important to remember that there are apparently billions of normal(ish) humans living in the Sol System still, it's just that the Grineer, Corpus and Infested are the most prominent and agressive.

They could also take some inspiration from starcraft since faction do pretty the same thing.

Not really.

The Corpus don't really go for gems and golden curves. They have a kind of a zeerust, retro futurist thing going that I really like.

The Grineer have too much greeble and organic styling to be a match for Terrans.

The Infested... infest. The devs said they won't have any levels to themselves because they don't build anything for themselves.

The closest thing to the Protoss would be the Orokin, but even that's a stretch.

aqGHANb.jpg

I am aware that the architecture would be somewhat different, I even said so in one of my posts here. It's all just inspiration for contemporary concrete tower ruins. They would look similar enough to equate with ruined human city though. It's important to remember that there are apparently billions of normal(ish) humans living in the Sol System still, it's just that the Grineer, Corpus and Infested are the most prominent and agressive.

Not really.

The Corpus don't really go for gems and golden curves. They have a kind of a zeerust, retro futurist thing going that I really like.

The Grineer have too much greeble and organic styling to be a match for Terrans.

The Infested... infest. The devs said they won't have any levels to themselves because they don't build anything for themselves.

The closest thing to the Protoss would be the Orokin, but even that's a stretch.

aqGHANb.jpg

What i mean by inspiration of starcraftis not the color but the environement if you look the pictures in the other post

Corpus: in the picture there is some gold protoss temples in the jungle. corpus could have some temles in the jungle they could use the protoss architecture but other colors, or this could be some lost orokin temples on the jungle maps

Grineer: grinner could have space stations where the mission would be outside and the player's warframe could be modified for space combat, where the gravity would be decresead so the player "fly" but will eventually land. That would be nice for making parkour maps.

The picutre with the half planet: http://us.media.blizzard.com/sc2/media/artwork/planet-newfolsom-full.jpg

could be like a dteh star or a half destroyed/half builed planet. Which coul be use by the space pirates or the grineers>

(not nessesarily a new "planet" it could be a tile set)

For the infested/zerg: i just putted it like that so there was the 3 factions(i didn't know they said they wont be making infested ships) but it would be nice to see more infested environement rather than only that kind of infested grass

Corpus: in the picture there is some gold protoss temples in the jungle. corpus could have some temles in the jungle they could use the protoss architecture but other colors, or this could be some lost orokin temples on the jungle maps

Grineer: grinner could have space stations where the mission would be outside and the player's warframe could be modified for space combat, where the gravity would be decresead so the player "fly" but will eventually land. That would be nice for making parkour maps.

I haven't played Starcraft, so I won't touch on that.

Those ideas are good though.

Not so sure about the Corpus having temples in the jungle, probably wouldn't really fit in with Warframe.

That being said though, dead civilizations do make sense, and the Corpus could be exploring ancient ruins.

Space stations make sense, space combat would be very cool. Not an easy thing to pull off well though.

I haven't played Starcraft, so I won't touch on that.

Those ideas are good though.

Not so sure about the Corpus having temples in the jungle, probably wouldn't really fit in with Warframe.

That being said though, dead civilizations do make sense, and the Corpus could be exploring ancient ruins.

Space stations make sense, space combat would be very cool. Not an easy thing to pull off well though.

i forget to say that but i was trying to say or thinking to something like that (corpus making excavations of ancient orokin ruins)

To be honest, I only see the Space Pirates working as something like the Infected - with guns. A whole lot of weak unarmoured mooks that go around jacking Grineer and Corpus ships through sheer numbers. It'd be fun to have them in special missions that make it easier for new players to do missions that are tough. Say you get an alert in an area for enemies you can't beat yet, and it's a pirate alert. Suddenly you've got a reasonable chance to complete that mission because the entire level is filled with distractions to use against the native faction. Imagine a defense mission with Space Pirates attacking Grineer attacking the Orokin Reactor.

Also, please no StarCraft influence in Warframe... Warframe is about as fresh as it gets, and StarCraft might be polished and slick, but it's as generic as it comes.

with all the respect 

i think is completely stupid adding this to warframe.

Warframe is not Crysis and wont be crysis . 

its inspace battle game.

adding some fortress to it seems super stupid and there's no way it will be added,

give me an idea explain how from space you suddenly appear in fortress .

super stupid ideas adding something irrelevant to the game, it don't even have any smaller connection of forest to the game .

Space and Forest.

ridicules  

Edited by alb3553

with all the respect 

i think is completely stupid adding this to warframe.

Warframe is not Crysis and wont be crysis . 

its inspace battle game.

adding some fortress to it seems super stupid and there's no way it will be added,

give me an idea explain how from space you suddenly appear in fortress .

super stupid ideas adding something irrelevant to the game, it don't even have any smaller connection of forest to the game .

Space and Forest.

ridicules  

1. At no point did I saw Warframe should be Crysis. I merely used Crysis as an example.

2. Corpus Outpost maps negate your argument of "it's a space battle game".

3. When did I say fortress? If DE added a new faction (possibly pirates), the forest makes complete sense, I outlined the reasons in my OP. Obviously they would have ships as well, though.

4. Corpus Outposts.

5. Corpus Outposts.

Actually, an avatar-themed tileset wouldn't be too horribly off-key for the game's theme, and it would be a lot easier to handle (still "rooms" of sorts) than the open space forest theme.

Also, I can't help but think "space pirates"=="ewoks" from the description given by OP.