The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros augment ideas

theraot

I had the following Inaros augments ideas I would like to suggest:

- Give Desiccation a percent chance to place targets in Quick Sand [ie, makes them ready to devour].

- Make Scarab Swarm dischargable on allies giving them extra armor for limited time. [Allow it on Warframes, Sand Shadows and Operatives[1]]

[1] By Operative I mean: Rescue Targets, Syndicate Operatives and Sortie Defense Target. I'm unsure about whatever it would be good to allow it on Specters.

I would like to get comments on these, and please post any other ideas you may have to augment Inaros.

Edited by theraot
Added Sortie Defense Target

1. AoE Devour gets a vote from me. Does it last as long or less?

2. Cool beans. I hope it's a flat amount of armor not percentile, because we already see how useful that is on Hallowed Ground.

My ideas:

Mummification: Desiccation augment - enemies cannot recover from knockdown and ragdoll effects for 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 seconds.

Burial: Devour augment - target desperately grasps at nearby enemies, dragging them into the quicksand for 20% / 30% / 40% / 50% of the remaining duration.

sand minions mechanics are super weak.

takes too long, too much effort, to make super weak, dumb minions that are on a timer.

honestly, devour and sandstorm need some work done before they put out augments, otherwise the augments will be bandaid mods that just take up space.

1. AoE QuickSand will overshadow his Devour , so no.

2.Love the idea of releasing Scarab swarm on allies to grant them armor bonus

Wrath of Sand : Sandstorm Aug - range and dmg of sandstorm get increased with each second spend in sandstorm 

Grasping Devour : Devour Aug - inaros pulls 2/3/4 more enemies and devour them at same time

Edited by Aeon94

19 hours ago, theraot said:

- Make Scarab Swarm dischargable on allies giving them extra armor for limited time. [Allow it on Warframes, Sand Shadows and Operatives[1]]

I like this Idea but I would like to add to it that once scarab swarm is cast on allies they are also able to infect enemies that come near them.

19 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

1. AoE Devour gets a vote from me. Does it last as long or less?

If it were up to me, I would have it mimic Chilling Globe. So Quick Sands chance: 30% / 35% / 40% / 50%/ - duration: 4s / 5s / 6s / 8s - I don't think it needs the same duration of Devour, which is 15s / 20s / 25s / 30s - anyway, if DE picks my suggestion they would have to balance the stats.

11 hours ago, Aeon94 said:

1. AoE QuickSand will overshadow his Devour , so no.

I was hoping this would be addressed by having low chances... yet I see your point.

4 minutes ago, Kdog777 said:

I like this Idea but I would like to add to it that once scarab swarm is cast on allies they are also able to infect enemies that come near them.

The problem with that is that current mechanism to cast to enemies is to use the same key for casting Scarab Swarm - but other playes use that key to cast whatever ability they have...

Scarab Armor Augment: While charging up, Scarab Armor gets applied to allies within a radius of 10m (scales with power range). Scarab Armor applied to allies fades by 3%/2%/1% per second replenishing 1% of that ally's maximum HP with each tick.

Scarab Armor Augment v2: Charging up Scarab Armor replenishes 50%/75%/100% of consumed health to surrounding allies.

22 hours ago, theraot said:

The problem with that is that current mechanism to cast to enemies is to use the same key for casting Scarab Swarm - but other playes use that key to cast whatever ability they have...

Sry, I don't mean that allies have to press 4 to cast the swarm on to enemies, only that once the swarm is cast on to allies that they are able to spread it the same way that enemies spread it to each other by just coming into a 5 meter range of the infected person.  That way your allies can just run around spreading the swarm by just bumping into people.

• 2 months later...
On 4/27/2016 at 8:45 PM, hukurokuju5 said:

sand minions mechanics are super weak.

takes too long, too much effort, to make super weak, dumb minions that are on a timer.

honestly, devour and sandstorm need some work done before they put out augments, otherwise the augments will be bandaid mods that just take up space.

Like I told another guy, If all his abilities take to long to get going, People should equip Natrual Talent. I am still strong even with 1 Mod is taken by Natrual Talent.

Doubt Nekros is the only frame on Warframe that uses that mod. I mean if it's considered a "bandaid" then it's nekros who needs to be looked at on long long casting time on Shadows of the Dead.

Edited by UltimateGrenninja