[DE]Rebecca

Operation: Rathuum!

I wish these "executioners" dropped mods instead of all these common and uncommon fusion cores. 

I look forward to the rewards though. 

Sup' guys, after all the ppl raging at the balls during the boss fight. I now realise that's why the Frosts' snow globesa came into play

Also some qn.s to ask:

Does Rhino have knockback resist with iron skin?

How bout using world on fire to wipe out the rollers...does it work?

Is limbo the best frame to counter the orbital strike using that rift walk or whatever? (nvr played limbo sry)

2 hours ago, Vargnatt said:

I have been playing this game for a very very long time and it's the first time I feel the need to comment on something.

I can probably say this is not only the worst event in the whole WF history (and False Profit was a thing, uh), but possibly one of the cheapest piece of gaming difficulty I've ever seen in my life. I'm not talking about the base Arena event, as that is NOT fun, but it doesn't last very long and it's pretty easy to get 100 points. Not an excuse, tho, to be oneshotted while being undetected or things like that.

I'm talking about Kela boss fight. Not only does it cost FIFTY points to fight her, the fight itself is the epitome of cheapness. Stunning balls, ice to freeze you, circles of doom covering the whole map. You can't dodge them reliably, you simply can't, as they anticipate your movement, and/or you will end up in one of your teammate zones and die anyway. This is if you're not slowed by like 75% of your movement speed due to the ice, or if you're not trying to place a shot in a freaking spinning wheel while bouncing off every 1 second due to rollers and being displaced from the little button you need to stand on to begin with. I brought Nova to this just to test if Slow could at least remove this threat. No. Rollers have like 20m of range with their stun, I got hit by them from the other side of the platform I was standing on. So, if something does not depend on my skill as a player, or cannot be overcome by a good party combination, it becomes CHEAP in my book. Been playing since '87 and I've never seen things like this.

Hats off though, not easy to accomplish this goal.

Many of the things you say about the boss fight are simply not true.

A) You can dodge the orbital bombardment reliably. It creates a circle around your current position. Then you just move on before it hits, somewhere where no teammates of yours stand. Repeat that 3 times and the bombardment is over.

B) Balls of stunning: Bring an Ember or something with similar aoe damage. Won't even notice they are there anymore. 

C) The ice I never even noticed since you can stay away from it. 

I think this is one of the best designed boss fights the game has seen so far. When you do it the first time it is very confusing but one can figure out a proper set up and proper technical play to turn it into a cakewalk.

The arena is another story. That one is just very one dimensional in its design. It seems to be better to bring 4 Valkyrs (or 4 stupid damage dealers) than to create a team that properly works together. It just seems too much of a hassle to get that going over hysteria spam. 

In my opinion Valkyr with her god mode should only be a resort for players that wouldn't survive a mission otherwise. She shouldn't be plain superior to any other frame. 

Edited by Burgingham
  • Upvote 1

Endless mission is NIGHTMARE played public,  and I don't say that you get weak players or you score points for all dead teammates ;(. There is no  enough energy orbr for all players so playing this with 3 other players mean that someone will die. Of course you can bring Energy Siphon or only RedVail weapons that gives energy almost every kill but still enemy in public game are on speed. In solo I kill 150-200 lvl enemy  in 5-10 sec but playing with other players I die after 20-60 sec!!.  

So I try this mission in SOLO and its so boring and so easy after 1-2 hour a finish game at 114 points.

SOLO1.jpg

Edited by kz3dart

17 hours ago, PhillipJokar said:

Aside from the drones the only other issue I had with this was that it encouraged a lack of frame variety.

Was still really fun though, and the Kela fight was fun once I used my eyes.

yea but since when has any event or node or anything encouraged variety

5 hours ago, VandalGlitch said:

Operation : Endless Rathuum

Ivara + covert lethality ...go spend your sunny weekend in warframe. 9999 personal record. 'nuff said.

You mad ? XD

17 hours ago, Nahela said:

You can't kite something that one-shots you.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say that no enemy should be doing 4-8k DPS vs. 400ish armor.  Especially not when he summons packs of them.  I mean it's literally 10-50x the amount of damage every other executioner is doing, I will be extremely surprised if it's not a bug.

The drone is easy to kite.  Yes, if it shoots you it stacks several procs on you in a split second somehow, (noticed this while running trinity, when I had link up it would cold/fire proc the enemies by shooting me).  On it killing an Inaros with 5khp and 400 armor in 0.5 seconds?  You guys are exaggerating violently.   My Trinity with just Link up (75% damage reduction) barely took 100 shield damage per second from it even 20+ kills in.  The one that's gibbing you is the laser mines thrown by the boomerang-wielding melee guy.  He has an animation for it, and they don't activate for a second or two after hitting the ground, but once they DO activate, if you're getting hit by both of them it was taking my trinity from 1.1k health/shields to 0 even with link DR in under 1 second, so yeah those laser mine things do upwards of 4k dps, even before the first kill.  Dodge like hell when you see him throw them down.

Granted, those laser-mine beams look a lot like the carubus beam, so I can see why you'd mistake it when it literally kills you before you can see what's firing.

No, the worst enemy is the Engineer the with teal-energy drakgoon.  That guy would oneshot my trinity through link with 2-3 pellets (not even the whole 7+ it fires) at level 1, and he fires it like a mara detron with an auto-clicker.  On top of that he spams magnetic mine traps everywhere and they seem to have fairly long duration if it isn't infinite.  After him is the other shotgun guy with the sobek who does pretty much the same insane dps in a huge spray but at least doesn't deploy magnetic mines.  After that you've got the hammer/rocket girl who likes to hose huge areas with massive damage rocket spam (honestly, regular hellions hurt a S#&$ton too, so this isn't surprising) and the sniper girl who likes to oneshot you the instant your damage reduction abilities expire and is a pain to hunt down.  Most of the other enemies, including nox, are more or less bearable.

15 hours ago, Plasmaface said:

Do you want people to quit Warframe? Because this is how you make people quit Warframe. This is even worse than Gradivus. 

It should not cost even a single point to fight Kela. What the hell. What is this nonsense and who thought it was a good idea? After fighting enough matches to earn 100 points you should be able to challenge Kela as much as you please. 

Why is it that every good event nowadays has at least one terrible hyper-grindy aspect that ruins the whole experience? Why? You could have had a good event here if not for that. You know, some of your longest standing veterans don't have time for this nonsense. If you could just make events fair we would all be happy. 

PLEASE just fix it. Take away the 50 point deduction every time you fight Kela. Just get rid of that. And stop designing events in a way that alienates people with jobs and other responsibilities. 

I don't want to hate this event, but I'm having a really hard time finding a silver lining here. 

The Guy above me has the right idea. 

You either didn't do the Gradivus event or you're exaggerating horribly.  I, for one, did it, and this one has way more rewards, even though getting ALL of them will probably engender the a similar level of farming, at least it's in a new and interesting venue and a couple of different missions types with a whole slew of new enemies, rather than that mind destroying endless nova/saryn/ember spam fest that was Gradivus.

@Unibot

mayby not 9999 but 999 ;) Ivara can stay Invisible + Naramon gives you invisibility when you fight melee so its perfect setup for this endless run ;). so yes if you have time you can play as long as you can kill enemy  but with endless combo, 150%crit chances I kill last enemy (114) in 5 sec. Even if you break combo enemy are >200lvl so you gain multiplayer by hinting him and you have perpetuum mobile ;).

edit:

I die because I use melee combo with dash forward that ends Ivara invisibility and I do dont crit yet so naramon invisibility was not on and I die.

Edited by kz3dart
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, thRehd said:

WHAAAAAAAT!? What is this!!! Some kind of racism against squishy frames?!?!?!?! 
No no no no no nooooo sir! My sweet sweeet Ivara definitely disagrees with you, not only that but also she can beat that macho woman's &#! any day, any time!!!! :P

Anyway, jokes aside here's my Ivara solo'n Kela :)

Huh, you needed that invincibility mod or whatever to do this? Well, that really proves that volatile frames have the strong capability of fightiing against Kela....I saw your health draining all down a few dozens times there. No offense here, just want to point a few things out. Anything is possible.

2 hours ago, Enig said:

These event enemies are terribly out of tune, it's not even like these damage numbers were 'best guess' scenarios, they're atrociously un-fun to fight unless using one of only a couple cheese builds on two, MAYBE three warframes.

Wow, cheese builds....sounds REALLY REAAALLLLLLLLLYYYYY fun. yeah I guess you're one of them peeps who likes to spam blade storm while meditating on a rock or something. Definitely sounds very very fun.

Run around, take covers, bullet jump and shoot down, do some actual combat rather than just standing still ( I know, I'm exaggerating ) and let your cheese builds do all the work. And there's Valkyr and Trin, invincibility, hysteria and link, so damn cheesy.

I know I know, I'm not one to judge how you enjoy the game, but that statement of yours, is a terrible definition of "Fun".

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Enig said:

These event enemies are terribly out of tune, it's not even like these damage numbers were 'best guess' scenarios, they're atrociously un-fun to fight unless using one of only a couple cheese builds on two, MAYBE three warframes.

I took mozarellatlas and then I got bored so I took calabresexcalibur, I know what you mean; I didn't even get to use my pepperoninaros or baconnova.

tumblr_lybwbrBysh1r4adsyo1_400.png

@Elvis276 Exaclty how new/ casual are you that you think quick thinking is a cheap tactic? It's a baseline for ALOT of builds and a very fair mod; watch his energy when his hp hits 2, it cops the hit for his health and if that runs out he dies instantly.

Edited by T7Alpha
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Black-chameleon said:

Sup' guys, after all the ppl raging at the balls during the boss fight. I now realise that's why the Frosts' snow globesa came into play

Also some qn.s to ask:

Is limbo the best frame to counter the orbital strike using that rift walk or whatever? (nvr played limbo sry)

Yes Limbo works quite well. Rift yourself and your team.

2 hours ago, Black-chameleon said:

Also some qn.s to ask:

I end all event levels with Ember and "word on fire" works beautiful, and works on rollers,  but fun stops when you start playing endless mode :(.

19 hours ago, Plasmaface said:

OK, Whichever drone it is that reliably kills all but an iron skinned rhino in under 1 second needs to be toned down. That is insane. 

My friend went to rathuum with his rhino prime and couldn't understand the hype....he was like: "They cant even break through my iron skin.... no challenge"

Now that doesn't mean iron skin needs a tone down....but that drone does too much damage too fast that kills most frames and buffs rhino like nutz...maybe fix the drone AI or make it do that damage over time and not so quick it can buff iron skin like nutz.

]\'[

1 hour ago, Elvis276 said:

Wow, cheese builds....sounds REALLY REAAALLLLLLLLLYYYYY fun. yeah I guess you're one of them peeps who likes to spam blade storm while meditating on a rock or something. Definitely sounds very very fun.

Run around, take covers, bullet jump and shoot down, do some actual combat rather than just standing still ( I know, I'm exaggerating ) and let your cheese builds do all the work. And there's Valkyr and Trin, invincibility, hysteria and link, so damn cheesy.

I know I know, I'm not one to judge how you enjoy the game, but that statement of yours, is a terrible definition of "Fun".

I don't know why you're acting like I said they were fun, in fact I said just the opposite.  I feel like you didn't read my post before you set your mind to responding to some imaginary adversary.

2 hours ago, Elvis276 said:

Huh, you needed that invincibility mod or whatever to do this? Well, that really proves that volatile frames have the strong capability of fightiing against Kela....I saw your health draining all down a few dozens times there. No offense here, just want to point a few things out. Anything is possible.

I know her health went down, but since I usually run a quick thinking build I just got used to how "in danger" she can be... and it's not really an "invincibility mod" since you'll drain your own energy pool as a buffer to the health.

But in my opinion all frames have capacity to do whatever they want to, just gotta be creative hahaha :D

Edit: Also when I recorded the video it was like 5am and had been farming that thing all night long... so I made a bunch of mistakes... like the console when I just said "screw it" and used cipher, the aiming in the circular thingy and the actual getting shot by the missiles XD

Edited by thRehd

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 9:13 AM, DERebecca said:

YiMbs9B.jpg

OPERATION: Rathuum

A message from Cressa Mal

Listen up, Tenno. I don’t care if you support Steel Meridian or not, I need your help. An entire company of Grineer defectors was just captured by Kela De Thaym. Now they face Rathuum, Trial by combat. Of course, the fight’s rigged, a show of force to Grineer everywhere, meant to scare off future defectors. But there’s a way we can turn this thing back on Kela, an obscure rule.

All you need to do, Tenno, is take their place in the arena and defeat the Grineer champions. You game?

HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO DO

-          Liberate the Grineer defectors from the Rathuum, by defeating their Executioners.

-          Participating in an Arena will grant Judgement Points. There are three Arenas of escalating difficulty, with the more difficult Arenas awarding greater amounts of Judgement Points.

-          Collect enough Judgement Points to grant the Grineer defectors their pardon.

-          Once the prisoners are liberated, the Steel Meridian will instruct you on what to do next… though the other Syndicates may provide alternative suggestions.

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

-          This is Grineer Trial by combat, the Rathuum is a dangerous place where two teams face off. The first to 25 kills wins!

-          Each challenge features a new Arena game mode with 1-4 players taking on a team of brutal Grineer enemies.

-          Challengers will have a Modifier applied to them, announced at the start of the battle. Prisoners of the Rathuum are never granted a fair fight. 

-          Challengers are not allowed to bring contraband into the Arenas. All gear will be disabled for the duration of the battle.

-          Designated locations periodically resupply Tenno with Ammo, Health Orbs and Energy Orbs.

-          Kela De Thaym demands a tribute of 100 Judgement Points to pardon the Grineer defectors.

REWARDS
The Steel Meridian will compensate the Tenno as they progress through the Rathuum. Rewards include the Rathuum Badge, Rathuum Sigil and the powerful Furax Wraith. The Rathuum Prisoner Coordinates detailing the location where the Grineer defectors are imprisoned will be awarded to Tenno who complete the Rathuum. The Syndicates will take a great interest in this data.

In addition to the above rewards, there are a number of Mods that Kela De Thaym allocates to her Executioners with to give them an edge in combat. Perhaps she can be persuaded to part with them.

Electromagnetic Shielding

Execution Shells

Fomorian Accelerant

Harkonar Scope

Hunter's Bonesaw

Nightwatch Napalm

Rift Strike

Vulcan Blitz

Medi-Ray

LEVEL MODIFIERS:

The Rathuum has its own modifiers, get ready for anything, Tenno!

Modifier: Speed Boost
Modifier: Half Energy
Modifier: Half Health
Modifier: Half Shields
Modifier: Scaling Enemies
Modifier: Low Gravity
Modifier: No Respawn
Modifier: Quick Respawn
Modifier: Health Drain

ENEMIES

The enemies you'll be facing are a new breed of Grineer – deadlier, different, and destructive. Good luck taking them down, Tenno!

ZURA

Summoner

Summons Hyekka to aid her in battle. She wields an Ignis and a Machete.

GAREISHE

Charger

Sneaks up on players and attacks them with his Twin Basolk.

TECHNICIAN RETH

Engineer

Deploys support as he navigates through the level.

INQUISITOR NOK

Grunt

Equipped with a Sobek and a Sheev. Don’t get too close.

CHAPLAIN THUL

Medic

Thul wields an Amphis and is equipped with a Hind.

THE MISTRESS

Hellion

Highly mobile, this enemy can fire Swarm missiles from the air.

OLGA HARKONAR

Sniper

She is a deceptive foe who deploys decoys.

GORTH

Tank

Wields an Ogris and an Ack & Brunt and has an array of tools at his disposal.

CLAN TROPHY REWARDS

Clan Rewards: All participating Clans will receive an event trophy for their attempts on the bonus final endurance missions. The following table lays out which Trophy your clan will earn depending on the Sum of all participating Members best Endurance Round.

Clan Tier

Terracotta Trophy

Bronze Trophy

Silver Trophy

Gold Trophy

Ghost

25 Executioners

50 Executioners

75 Executioners

100 Executioners

Shadow

75 Executioners

150 Executioners

225 Executioners

300 Executioners

Storm

250 Executioners

500 Executioners

750 Executioners

1000 Executioners

Mountain

750 Executioners

1500 Executioners

2250 Executioners

3000 Executioners

Moon

2500 Executioners

5000 Executioners

7500 Executioners

10000 Executioners

Event is on now until May 9 at 2 p.m. ET.

If anyone can help plz help because my warframe is not launching at all and this is making me mad D;

17 hours ago, taiiat said:

there's certainly meh stuff - but what that user was talking about in particular, is just ignorant user error. if an Enemy uses an Absorb like Ability, and you attack it for it's entire Duration, giving it a billion Damage, and it Kills you - what did you expect.

Yeah but this isn't what this event is about. They don't need anything like an Absorb-type ability to just insta-gib most frames, from accross the tile for some of them. Their base stats and their scaling, coupled with the complete CC immunity they possess, is just downright stupid. A buddy told me his Warcry Valkyr was OHK by the Twin Bazolk Executioner. I tested it myself, with a Maxed Vitality, Steel Fiber and Vigor. The guy was level 20, first "tier" of the Rathuum. He did insta-kill me. Obviously I just let him hit me to see if it was indeed true, all you need to do is run around and he won't ever hit you even with his teleport attack, but the other executioners and their "pets" share the same massively overpowered damage output, and they use ranged weaponry with deadly accuracy to boot. Add that to their immunity to CC, and the result seems rather ugly and imbalanced to me.

I get that our CC abilities need a big overhaul to be less overpowered too though, but for me they're just a consequence of enemy scaling being absurdly broken. It's all or nothing, we either blast through enemies because they can't even try to attack us, or they are outright immune or only need a split second where they're not under control to just insta-kill every frame that isn't sporting total (or close to) damage mitigation because their damage output is just bonkers and many frames rely solely on their CC abilities to simply stay alive in a fight.

Edited by Marthrym
  • Upvote 1

i like the update, result is a bit underwhelming, but warframe just isn't the game for that kind of choices.

but the 50 point you need to get before you can take on kela is pretty annoying. basically go into these missions 5 times, let an ash to all the work (not asking for a nerf for ash, he makes is bearable) then kill kela once. repeat. not the worst thing ever but defenetly annoying, especially if you have little time due to upcoming final exams