Jump to content
[DE]Rebecca

Operation: Rathuum!

Recommended Posts

I know it's already been said, but the Deth Sentinels really need to be turned down a few notches. As someone that plays tanky frames a lot, I can handle them, but I can't say the same for my friends. They are basically just an instant death aura for caster frames, and even my heavily-buffed Iron Skin can only last a couple seconds against a level 40 sentinel. That's ridiculous. These things could be doing a third of their current damage and still be a viable threat.

I would also love to see the point cost for fighting Kela either removed or significantly reduced. We shouldn't have to grind for over half an hour (realistic minimum) to get another shot at the boss, especially with how random RNG can be for mods. If it stays the way it is, I know I won't be fighting Kela more than once.

Edited by PirateKingZhao
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SquareSnail said:

Each boss run consumes 50 points. May be a bug, may be not.

 

Check the latest hotfix thread. According to Rebecca it is currently intended but the team is having a discussion about it, and considering potentially changing it. Time will tell if they decide to change it or not. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My game has no sound [after the 330MB download], the launcher has sound but the game itself does not & the silence is deafening

Edited by narosis
added information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, so far I've not seen someone complaining about this really annoying bug. The enemies literally stop spawning, the modiffier says either scaling enemies or health drain, and when the score is somewhere around 15 or 21 points in my favor, the two enemies literally stop spawning forcing me to leave the mission. This happened  3 or 4 times already...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Marthrym said:

So, the usual crap.

there's certainly meh stuff - but what that user was talking about in particular, is just ignorant user error. if an Enemy uses an Absorb like Ability, and you attack it for it's entire Duration, giving it a billion Damage, and it Kills you - what did you expect.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think A Thousand Cuts version of the Carabus is much more tolerable because this event makes the Carabus do more damage than their owner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elvis276 said:

COME ON GUYS! CHill, these guys aren't exactly your everyday lancers....these guys are EXECUTIONERS! I'd be VERY DISAPPOINTED, like VERY if they don't one-shot you! EMBRACE THE DIFFICULTY! These guys are hard and challenging enough so yeah....well, mostly around level 60....

yes, but 60lvl - not 100+ on tier 3. dat oneshoting is not interesting, it's hard and long and boring. when i want do some hard things i go to work or training, in games people usually REST and have FUN, am i wrong? there is darksouls and smth alike for people who want to die every minute and take almost nothing usefull like weak weapons and weak mods for weak weapons (just my opinion. and sorry - i'm just burning now).

i love DE, warframe and because of it such events make me melt - not useful, not lore, not interesting missions - why? new kela is scary more than infests, we need to help grineer deserters for no reason etc.

im really sorry for such aggro and whine comment, but after long waiting and expectations... THIS event? really? then near month of silence, and then? should we expext hard grinding event again? why not team event with different logic tasks, why not choice between different factions for every player (like corpus vs grineer, but personally and with effects in future quests), why not lore or characters reveal...there can be a lot of ideas even better, but we have farming simulator and this is sadly.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Amaldiirn said:

yes, but 60lvl - not 100+ on tier 3. dat oneshoting is not interesting, it's hard and long and boring. when i want do some hard things i go to work or training, in games people usually REST and have FUN, am i wrong? there is darksouls and smth alike for people who want to die every minute and take almost nothing usefull like weak weapons and weak mods for weak weapons (just my opinion. and sorry - i'm just burning now).

i love DE, warframe and because of it such events make me melt - not useful, not lore, not interesting missions - why? new kela is scary more than infests, we need to help grineer deserters for no reason etc.

im really sorry for such aggro and whine comment, but after long waiting and expectations... THIS event? really? then near month of silence, and then? should we expext hard grinding event again? why not team event with different logic tasks, why not choice between different factions for every player (like corpus vs grineer, but personally and with effects in future quests), why not lore or characters reveal...there can be a lot of ideas even better, but we have farming simulator and this is sadly.

No you're right, getting one-shot isn't exactly fun. But being dominant in this, I don't think that'd be any more interesting.

And well, i like these little stories and event, you wouldn't want to main story to progress with a fast pace now would you! I like to take it slow and enjoy things slowly.....sometimes. I don't know why you feel this way about these events, they're intriguing, I love the new faces, love the new interactions with the syndicates, love the new boss, love the executioners, love the story, love the new game mode. And you bet, this event is going to affect a bunch of things in the future.

And yes I do kind of agree some things here, the event is too short, it took me only like near an hour to finish everything.

Anything else to add....can't think of anything....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nahela said:

You can't kite something that one-shots you.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say that no enemy should be doing 4-8k DPS vs. 400ish armor.  Especially not when he summons packs of them.  I mean it's literally 10-50x the amount of damage every other executioner is doing, I will be extremely surprised if it's not a bug.

My best reasoning for thinking it's too powerful in regards to everything else, is that in the lower levels of the mission, Rathuum1 and Rathuum2, you can see how far beyond the other enemies it is in terms of strength. Often I have the mission completed on Rathuum2 where no other enemy executioners have kills, but Nok will have like 7 or 8 alone. 

Edited by Jarcu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So with full health inaros, full armor inaros, and I am basically insta popped by those deth cube bots that fly around every where. Annoying as hell. Executioner Nox is basically the only one of the other side getting kills because his bots 1 shot everything. Reminds me of the bugged cats 1 shotting everyone previously. It's stupid.

Edited by CheckYourSix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NightBlitz said:

pls....BALANCE THOSE DETH GRINEER SENTINALS! they shouldnt tear through 1k+ of combined shields and hp in under 5 seconds, on the easiest dif. thats BS.

Damn casuals... adapt and evolve. 

Spoiler

It's nice to have some proper challenging enemies for once.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Elvis276 said:

No you're right, getting one-shot isn't exactly fun. But being dominant in this, I don't think that'd be any more interesting.

And well, i like these little stories and event, you wouldn't want to main story to progress with a fast pace now would you! I like to take it slow and enjoy things slowly.....sometimes. I don't know why you feel this way about these events, they're intriguing, I love the new faces, love the new interactions with the syndicates, love the new boss, love the executioners, love the story, love the new game mode. And you bet, this event is going to affect a bunch of things in the future.

And yes I do kind of agree some things here, the event is too short, it took me only like near an hour to finish everything.

Anything else to add....can't think of anything....

Blame my English skills, i'm misunderstood again :(

No problem in difficult missions, problem is in farming of them dozens of times instead of relaxing. We have dailys and raids for hard play, survival\defence for some hours, etc.

I do love events, main and side quests, every little part of lore and story, all the characters, i even like to grind for hours sometimes for no reason. I don't say that it must be in every update, but i yet don't understand, why there is ONLY grind ~80% of times. New event - grind, new weapons or mods - grind, new quest - beginners must grind (some of my friends stopped playing because they just tired before Nata quest). Sure, game type is like diablo and consists of grinding and equipment building, but i know, that DE can do very interesting things like parkour challenges in tower and derelict, quests like second dream, creepy moment like orokin language message and excalibur silent video call in tower, atmospheric moments like Nata and Vor prize quests or fomorians destructing relays etc... I never blame DE, i think that they are most awesome game developers ever, that's why i'm so dissapointed about events like this or Gradivus - they do hard work, but we have 90% grind for 10% lore most time. Maybe it's just only my opinion and everybody prefer grinding and farming to reading and thinking about setting and lore?

Sorry for long comment again, it should be really excess - i just want to know, if somebody have same tastes and point of view. Hope that my thought is clear.

(oh gods, i feel such shame, writing such comments. sorry again for this unreasonable oldman-like whine)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Death Carabus definitely seem to be doing more damage than they should. They do far more damage than any of the other enemies in the event. Regardless of how challenging you think the event should be, I think you have to agree that the enemies should be roughly comparable. The fact that one enemy type can take out an Inaros with a max rank vitality in seconds when the other enemies are fairly trivial to deal with doesn't make sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scarecrow514 said:

Well, so far I've not seen someone complaining about this really annoying bug. The enemies literally stop spawning, the modiffier says either scaling enemies or health drain, and when the score is somewhere around 15 or 21 points in my favor, the two enemies literally stop spawning forcing me to leave the mission. This happened  3 or 4 times already...

Encountered that earlier but it stopped happening once our Loki stopped using irradiating disarm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh, I don't usually mind dying so I thought this was a great event. Seriously, never thought a mix up of pvp and pve would be this fun. 

Anyway, the initial missions can all be cleared simply using instakill tactics anyways (max atk spd and efficiency, plus energy siphon - Ashs' BS-bladestorm)

Problem for me was I didn't really know what to expect in the boss fight (assassinate Kela D. T.) and had to abandon it...

Might as well share some tips before u guys go in with low fire rate weapons and simulor like I did.                   ... t(T~Tt)

But upon reaching the boss stage,

STEP 1) u need to stand on the override switch and shoot the green buttons covered with a rotating switch that only reveals one of the four buttons as glowing green. PLUS Armored rollers will be in ur face like "sup' bruh?" and heard "u can't shoot for nuts?". Simulor works along with ur other bullet hoses as usual.  

After all the rotating switches are shot, the stage will be raised and Kela will appear. Then she'll disappear again after her hp drops by a certain amount. Then repeat STEP 1!

oh and of course she'll help u out as u repeat STEPS 1-1. With an orbital strike. Followed by more rollers. Last but not least, icy pumps to increase ur speed by -50% (dk the actual percentage but u get what I mean) When u finally kill her, she'll drop a mod (YAY...time for survival and retrying STEP 1) 

p.s. when the icy pumps starts and after she reappears, stop running for ur lifes (that much and concentrate on killing her)

oh and reply if u've tried using ember for the rollers. Unfortunately all we had was Frost at the time and his snowglobe was not exactly perfect when u needed to repeat step one...a

Edited by Black-chameleon
updating info
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whwn does it end? I'm out of town most of the weekend, but I don't want to miss it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, modusmodus said:

Encountered that earlier but it stopped happening once our Loki stopped using irradiating disarm

Thats weird. Ive noticed the same thing with the elusive vocus boosts. Which seem to spawn behind or away from a swarm of enemies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...