[DE]Rebecca

Operation: Rathuum!

59 minutes ago, Shanobie said:

Sad shame this event has to protection against Valkyr. Getting stuck in a squad with one who simply refuses to stop even when they might as well be poking enemies is the biggest annoyance with this other than encountering an ash which removes any sort of fun from this Operation. Sitting dead for hours because of one person really sucks

Side note, a kick option or SOMETHING so players dont get stuck because of 1 person (not just Operation Rathuum, I mean the Law of Retribution and other missions) refusing to show any sort of courtesy and make players sit dead for hours on end or abandon would be great.

TBH that'd just get abused. What would be better is a host-only kick option before the match starts.

45 minutes ago, Unibot said:

Saved!

Warframe0000.jpg

Operation : Endless Rathuum

Ivara + covert lethality ...go spend your sunny weekend in warframe. 9999 personal record. 'nuff said.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, VandalGlitch said:

Ivara + covert lethality ...go spend your sunny weekend in warframe. 9999 personal record. 'nuff said.

Enemies scale and will drastically reduce the duration of your sleep arrows. They gonna instantly wake up soon.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Elvis276 said:

COME ON GUYS! CHill, these guys aren't exactly your everyday lancers....these guys are EXECUTIONERS! I'd be VERY DISAPPOINTED, like VERY if they don't one-shot you! EMBRACE THE DIFFICULTY! These guys are hard and challenging enough so yeah....well, mostly around level 60....

That's not difficulty. They aren't challenging. When you walk into a room and die without even seeing what hit you, thats not fun its annoying. I've played the entire Dark Souls series I'm not against difficulty, I'm against artificial BS that is put there to give the illusion of difficulty. Plus having to finish the T3 Mission 5 times to fight the boss is overkill, and yes these arena matches make it difficult if not impossible to use some frames.

• Upvote 8

Well, after tearing through the whole Event with a Trinity, Excalibur, Volt and Rhino with a full modded Hek + Steel Meridian Augment pretty much every enemy got one shotted with the hek, while Exalted Blade was used to clean the little Adds. In this Setup it was really easy. For the Boss Fight with Kaela i got to say i loved it. The Mechanics were something new in the repeating Warframe Missions you do normally. It was not too hard as we never lost a round but also pretty much fun to do some ressource management and do some thinking while fighting.

tl;dr: No Valkyr required at all

5 minutes ago, StoicGamer said:

Well, after tearing through the whole Event with a Trinity, Excalibur, Volt and Rhino with a full modded Hek + Steel Meridian Augment pretty much every enemy got one shotted with the hek, while Exalted Blade was used to clean the little Adds. In this Setup it was really easy. For the Boss Fight with Kaela i got to say i loved it. The Mechanics were something new in the repeating Warframe Missions you do normally. It was not too hard as we never lost a round but also pretty much fun to do some ressource management and do some thinking while fighting.

tl;dr: No Valkyr required at all

With a good set up yes, but a game wide event shouldn't have to rely on making groups with the sad system that's in place for that, no Trinity=almost no abilities, go back and try it without a trin and without preforming a group. Personally I'm just against the grind that they shoe horned into this event, especially since they commented on how they were trying to reduce grinding fatigue.

Edited by Fenrir121
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Fenrir121 said:

With a good set up yes, but a game wide event shouldn't have to rely on making groups with the sad system that's in place for that, no Trinity=almost no abilities, go back and try it without a trin and without preforming a group. Personally I'm just against the grind that they shoe horned into this event, especially since they commented on how they were trying to reduce grinding fatigue.

well playing Warframe without Premades isn´t fun at all. And as my girlfriends favorite Frame is Trinity it was pretty much our natural setup. But yes with Random Tenno i may wouldn´t like it either, but after all it´s a coop game and finding a clan and befriending with other Tenno is the essence of it in my opinion : )

Just now, StoicGamer said:

well playing Warframe without Premades isn´t fun at all. And as my girlfriends favorite Frame is Trinity it was pretty much our natural setup. But yes with Random Tenno i may wouldn´t like it either, but after all it´s a coop game and finding a clan and befriending with other Tenno is the essence of it in my opinion : )

That doesn't always work, more so when you have responsibility outside of warframe and can't work well with random schedules.

I have to say I'm deeply disappointed on several subjects;

A) The Kela fight costs 50 points. Ridiculous.
B) If removing A isn't an option, why doesn't Endless reward 1 point per kill? What is this nonsense?
C) Some of the mods we would receive as reward are very vague, nonsensical or just useless in the eyes of most players. Seriously, why would I *deliberately* take 30% of my team's damage?

• Upvote 2

Does Execution Shells or Medi-Ray even exist? I was surprised that they weren't added to the wikia, and now I'm hearing DE didn't even put them in Kela's loot table.

4 minutes ago, Mal4di said:

another grindfest event

No thanks

This, I'm tired of this game being nothing but grinding and then waiting for an update... that just adds more grinding. Grindframe- Where Ninjas Grind Free.

• Upvote 4

I have been playing this game for a very very long time and it's the first time I feel the need to comment on something.

I can probably say this is not only the worst event in the whole WF history (and False Profit was a thing, uh), but possibly one of the cheapest piece of gaming difficulty I've ever seen in my life. I'm not talking about the base Arena event, as that is NOT fun, but it doesn't last very long and it's pretty easy to get 100 points. Not an excuse, tho, to be oneshotted while being undetected or things like that.

I'm talking about Kela boss fight. Not only does it cost FIFTY points to fight her, the fight itself is the epitome of cheapness. Stunning balls, ice to freeze you, circles of doom covering the whole map. You can't dodge them reliably, you simply can't, as they anticipate your movement, and/or you will end up in one of your teammate zones and die anyway. This is if you're not slowed by like 75% of your movement speed due to the ice, or if you're not trying to place a shot in a freaking spinning wheel while bouncing off every 1 second due to rollers and being displaced from the little button you need to stand on to begin with. I brought Nova to this just to test if Slow could at least remove this threat. No. Rollers have like 20m of range with their stun, I got hit by them from the other side of the platform I was standing on. So, if something does not depend on my skill as a player, or cannot be overcome by a good party combination, it becomes CHEAP in my book. Been playing since '87 and I've never seen things like this.

Hats off though, not easy to accomplish this goal.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, IceColdHawk said:

Enemies scale and will drastically reduce the duration of your sleep arrows. They gonna instantly wake up soon.

You still get a finisher during the wake up animation. (I'm looking for what medi ray does in here *_* )

The most obnoxious @(*()$ boss fight I've ever had to deal with (No, not the arena, Kela herself)..... not only that, but during the fight THE @(*()$ BOSS FIGHT BUGS OUT ON ME on the first go! 

I get it, Kela is obsessed with balls. @(*()$ obsessed with swarms of balls all around her. Doesn't mean its fun for us Tenno to have to deal with swarms of balls being thrown at our face while we're told we have to stand on a stupid pad and shoot @(*()$ BUTTONS. Most teammates are so incompetent they can't even do that on their own anyways.

[/AngryRant]

Edited by NecoTheSergal
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dycoth said:

And, no, don't take Loki or Ivara against Kela. They will be OS.

You must take a tanky warframe, like Rhino, Inaros or Valkyr.

WHAAAAAAAT!? What is this!!! Some kind of racism against squishy frames?!?!?!?! 
No no no no no nooooo sir! My sweet sweeet Ivara definitely disagrees with you, not only that but also she can beat that macho woman's &#! any day, any time!!!! :P

Anyway, jokes aside here's my Ivara solo'n Kela :)

• Upvote 1

Hello, thank you so much for this new event for us! I really like the concept of this Event, is really challenging, I like the difficulty, you cannot adapt faster which makes you suits for it accordingly and face its proportions of it, I do like that side. To get 1-5-10 points seems too much to do but is not if you share the difficulty with your squad, so the difficulty and reward adapt well. The boss fight is nice, you have to do puzzles even during the fight, is crazy but is good, now the last one is.. oh well.

Now saying this, I got to say that is quite ridicule to have to go back and get more point,s again, to fight the boss, when i realized this, thinking it was bug, right there it took away my desire to keep doing it at least as often as I would like to, it is 9-10 days of event, yes but, considering many of us work, study, etc,  a great part of people will only have few hours each day to do this, and of those hours we have to farm the points, so is not only about being and getting annoyingly repetitive (and we tenno know what grind is) is getting frustrating, (that's not the goal) but is also about how much time we have invest to do this each day to then get to fight the boss, like.. twice a day? dunno..

So please reconsider in taking that 50 points penalty away, I love what you did with this challenge, love the new enemies, they rock! but reconsider this, I know many of us had already say this but i rather express with my own words, the same thing..  but oh well.

Also after the hot fix, the high volume of the.. drones? the one some enemies deploy, is still high, i like so much the new sound effects, they spook me to death with the volume but, is still too high.

Thanks.

Ssiki

I'm having great fun playing this operation! Love the arena, the new enemies, and the boss fight is very frantic. Having do 5x arena 3 before fighting Kela again only take a few minutes with randoms, not much of an issue imo. I wouldn't mind a higher drop chance for R5 cores though, or maybe a chance at some nice (not new) mods.

We have 9 days left, there's no point burning oneself trying to get every new mod day 1. And once the operation is over, there's still trading if RNGesus wasn't nice enough. Only small damper for me is the Furax, i don't like fist melee much but that's only personnal preference. Very happy with this event overall, thanks! :)

Edited by Robolaser

DE, question about the clan scoring. My clan's first attempt resulted in 75 kills (67/8/0/0[<--me]). We're a shadow clan, so in theory we would need 300 kills for the golden trophy. After this run, on the clan statistics page our clan score was 75. Sounds about right. After that I ran a solo mission, got 150 kills. Having 0 myself on the original 75 kills run, I was expecting our clan score to get to 225 on the clan statistics page.

But no, our clan score is 150, as if our original 75 (to which I didn't exactly contribute) was all for naught. Is this intended? Am I missing something? Thanks for a reply, and thank you for the overall great event (except re-grinding 50 JPs to fight Kela)

These event enemies are terribly out of tune, it's not even like these damage numbers were 'best guess' scenarios, they're atrociously un-fun to fight unless using one of only a couple cheese builds on two, MAYBE three warframes.