The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kela De Thaym's new voice

Bibliothekar

Something I have to get off my chest after just having watched Devstream #73: My apologies to whomever did the voice acting, but I really don't feel like Kela's new voice fits her.

When Rebecca played the transmission from the inbox message, I had tabbed out of the twitch stream and didn't even realize the voice playing was Kela. All other female Grineer have these deeper, raspy voices (the latter extending to all Grineer) - and suddenly in comes Kela, with a really clear voice, sounding like a teenage girl who might sing the solo in church. Something you totally wouldn't expect when looking at her and after hearing her backstory (battle-hardened, augmented multiple times) over and over again. She sounds even younger than the Tenno.

I can't help it, but that's a really big dissonance. Maybe the voice is still work-in-progress, too, and they haven't added the filters yet, maybe she got a new voice box installed alongside her other augments on her last visit to the cyber-doc. I don't know.

Well ... not much more to say from my side at the moment. As I said, I just needed to get this off my chest.

I'm sure there is a reason behind what we heard for her voice.

Might still be in progress, might not be. I do like her new look however, but I do understand your point.

Doesn't quite fit what she is, but then again... we don't really know if she had some "work" done. lol

27 minutes ago, Tain_OSkoom said:

As long as they can establish why she wants the voice she's got, I'm fine with it.

Oh, certainly. I just hope that she gets more, deeper lore for her rework than Vay Hek.

19 minutes ago, DE_George said:

When you battle her you'll hear how angry and battle-hardened she can sound :)

Now I'm curious. :)

• 3 months later...