Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Prime PBR feedback

TheDecembrist

Her PBR feels the most rushed out of all the frames we got in this update.

Details missing on her legs and chest plate, that ruin the whole theme of the frame IMO and give it a cheap look. As someone who always uses her original prime theme, the lack of these details, really frustrates me.

oCSZ0Ga.jpg?1

c6UA5JY.jpg?1

Original design: ( sorry fow low quality but you get the point)
2yxIdNi.jpg

7a9bAMA.jpg

EDIT: Also noticed that, parts of her spine are miscolored white instead of black as it was before. Someone call Minky and have him school the guy who colored this PBR. Bring back the detail in Nyx that we love.

Edited by JinxedWolf

16 minutes ago, JinxedWolf said:

Thigh blur is mostly due to me running on low settings

We're running on high and see them as well. I can understand the jagged edges/not being sharp enough because of a larger zoom in than expected, but sometimes they just need some extra love on those areas. We had to request that for Volt and Frost Primes'.

Also, the frames that have black as their main colors usually display the lines better, seems it's more noticeable on white.

Edited by NightmareT12

4 minutes ago, Xylyssa said:

The "iris" parts on her shoulders and thighs are also the wrong color.

055af92a882de9bd89f133c60c688e80.png

They are supposed to be a much lighter turquoise.

Is it supposed to match the lighter area above?

EDIT: OK no, I guess it's the old accents right? Got the color profile for that in the attachments still.

Edited by NightmareT12

28 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Is it supposed to match the lighter area above?

EDIT: OK no, I guess it's the old accents right? Got the color profile for that in the attachments still.

It was light green almost the same as her energy color, but they combined it because of the gold tint on slot 4. Im guessing they wont touch it again cause reasons.
 But for the love of god, at least remake her accurately, other than that.

2 hours ago, JinxedWolf said:

It was light green almost the same as her energy color, but they combined it because of the gold tint on slot 4. Im guessing they wont touch it again cause reasons.
 But for the love of god, at least remake her accurately, other than that.

Yeah that's what i was thinking, maybe if the colour of the spots was changed to same channel as the energy colour it might look better. Not the "glowy" energy effect, just the base colour.

And all of the missing colour details you mentioned in your first post really bug me also, those bits should be coloured black, same as her "eyes."

Edited by shelz1
amended

7 hours ago, shelz1 said:

Yeah that's what i was thinking, maybe if the colour of the spots was changed to same channel as the energy colour it might look better. Not the "glowy" energy effect, just the base colour.

And all of the missing colour details you mentioned in your first post really bug me also, those bits should be coloured black, same as her "eyes."

There's no need to change those for default if I'm not mistaken though. I'm not also sure if they can link emissive to her body tints...

EDIT: Which Nyx tint corresponded to what, for reference?:

6Dgd4Os.jpg

Edited by NightmareT12

7 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

There's no need to change those for default if I'm not mistaken though. I'm not also sure if they can link emissive to her body tints...

EDIT: Which Nyx tint corresponded to what, for reference?:

6Dgd4Os.jpg

4th tint is now gold, others are the same

19 hours ago, JinxedWolf said:

4th tint is now gold, others are the same

What I meant is: Do you know what did tint the "pupils"?

EDIT: Looks like it was accents. I wonder if it's possible to link those areas tints into the primary color and try to have them reflect light in another shade (like Ivara does, you know).

Edited by NightmareT12

On 30.04.2016 г. at 4:13 PM, NightmareT12 said:

What I meant is: Do you know what did tint the "pupils"?

EDIT: Looks like it was accents. I wonder if it's possible to link those areas tints into the primary color and try to have them reflect light in another shade (like Ivara does, you know).

Knowing DE, it likely won't happen. I can live with the pupil as it is, just want the rest of the details back.

Just now, JinxedWolf said:

Knowing DE, it likely won't happen. I can live with the pupil as it is, just want the rest of the details back.

Are you John Snow? ;P

Kary will work on this ones after the feedback's well settled. Just don't expect it on the next hotfix as texture works require some times and stuff.

1 minute ago, NightmareT12 said:

Are you John Snow? ;P

Kary will work on this ones after the feedback's well settled. Just don't expect it on the next hotfix as texture works require some times and stuff.

I'll rename my warframe account to JohnSnow if they fix it.

On 4/29/2016 at 6:50 PM, JinxedWolf said:

Her PBR feels the most rushed out of all the frames we got in this update.

Details missing on her legs and chest plate, that ruin the whole theme of the frame IMO and give it a cheap look. As someone who always uses her original prime theme, the lack of these details, really frustrates me.

oCSZ0Ga.jpg?1

c6UA5JY.jpg?1

Original design: ( sorry fow low quality but you get the point)
2yxIdNi.jpg

7a9bAMA.jpg

EDIT: Also noticed that, parts of her spine are miscolored white instead of black as it was before. Someone call Minky and have him school the guy who colored this PBR. Bring back the detail in Nyx that we love.

Thanks for the post.  I was able to track down the layers for those and they will have untintable darks in that area again in a build soon.

I'm finding that there is a bit of compression blocking on the tintmasks that I can't quite get rid of, but broke it out of the packmap and have it at max res.  Will try to take a look again later, but this should be a bit better as well.

1 hour ago, DE_Kary said:

Thanks for the post.  I was able to track down the layers for those and they will have untintable darks in that area again in a build soon.

I'm finding that there is a bit of compression blocking on the tintmasks that I can't quite get rid of, but broke it out of the packmap and have it at max res.  Will try to take a look again later, but this should be a bit better as well.

THANK YOU FOR THIS.....also call me John Snow from now on...

On 5/5/2016 at 9:41 AM, JinxedWolf said:

QBUuv0v.png

Green line and spots shouldnt be there. Theres also more of them on her legs and butt.

Post Hotfix 18.10.6:

Regarding the Primary color weird spots: The shoulder chest ones are gone now. Found 4 on her butt and two more on her arms, I'll try to post pics later. I guess those weren't there before neither. I'll try to take screens later/tomorrow morning.

If you guys see any extra one, post them please :)

There's also this kind of really faint pixel-wide line on her sides that seem to separate her body into sections. Hmm.

I'm wondering: Does Mynki create some reference files to show at the HQ what the finished model looks like, or is it possible to use the old textures with the old materials as reference to see what's missing and/or wrong on the new ones?

Some things I've noticed, dunno whether they're supposed to be like this or not but I'll post them and see what you guys think.

znfdH0a.jpg

hpDs38D.jpg

Edited by shelz1
amended

9 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Post Hotfix 18.10.6:

Regarding the Primary color weird spots: The shoulder chest ones are gone now. Found 4 on her butt and two more on her arms, I'll try to post pics later. I guess those weren't there before neither. I'll try to take screens later/tomorrow morning.

If you guys see any extra one, post them please :)

There's also this kind of really faint pixel-wide line on her sides that seem to separate her body into sections. Hmm.

I'm wondering: Does Mynki create some reference files to show at the HQ what the finished model looks like, or is it possible to use the old textures with the old materials as reference to see what's missing and/or wrong on the new ones?

@DE_Kary When will it end? :(

EDIT: The current console build still uses the old texture format right? Screenies from that should be the perfect reference to check what's right and wrong design wise on Nyx Prime! :D

Got dem pics, uploading now. The weird thing about the pixel-wide line is that it seems to divide sections, and makes the warframe not cohesive-texture wise -- it makes her look misaligned for some reason, and not a Warframe made in one piece like the rest.

Never noticed this anywhere else before. Not sure why it happens.

Also, the spots are "symmetrical" -- they're not always same size and shape, but they are always at specular location wise.

EDIT:

Primary color Spots that shouldn't be there (in the first pic you can also see the line I talk about later):

Spoiler

leftsidespotsback.jpg

rightsidespotsback.jpg

armspotleft.jpg

armspotright.jpg

Pixel wide line that seems to divide the body into sections even if it's the same material/continous place. For reference, on her release:

Spoiler

pixelwidelinecontinu.jpg

Pixelwidelinesection.jpg

faintlinegoesintoarm.jpg

sectionsseemdivided.jpg

Edited by NightmareT12