Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rathuum Feedback: Fun but Deeply Flawed Game Mode

BlackCoMerc

Early thoughts on Rathuum: Fun in short bursts. Gets repetitive very quickly. 

Pros:

Different and challenging. The new enemy TYPES are engaging and varied. That's good.

Enemies feel dangerous.

Cant rely on dropping pizzas and powers; takes skill to play. 

Cons:

Enemies deal too much damage. And before you go there, no, this is NOT about "git gud, noobz" type of crap. The amount of damage these enemies deal completely eliminates ENTIRE WARFRAMES from consideration in these missions. Loki? Forget it - one hit, and he dies. Nezha and Mesa? Nope; not enough energy to keep their ONLY damage mitigation abilities active for even a portion of the match. Likewise, any frame with under 800 shields is a liability more than a help. 

Enemies can be dangerous. Deadly, even. But they deal TOO MUCH damage right now.

Drones: The flying drones are terrible. They deal enormous damage. But they are so small some Warframes, when turning to face them, actually BLOCK them from view completely. The drones need to do less in the way of damage and maybe have another ability, like marking you for their masters and increasing the damage you take from actual enemies while marked. Like painting targets.

Rewards: Are GARBAGE. Utter and complete waste of time and effort. COMMON cores? From enemies who hit like trucks? Really? Rewards, coupled with lack of credits and XP, would make a normal, daily, star-map version of this mode worthless without a HUGE increase to rewards.

Conclusion (for now): 

Different. Harder than it is either fun or rewarding. And it gets repetitive very fast, which is not helped by completely negating half of the frames immediately due to enemy damage and a lack of energy for those frames that rely on it for their only shields.

Yeah it could be quite fun. But I feel like, right now, despite having numerous frames, Rhino Prime is an automatic best of for these missions. Which would matter, if I actually WANTED to do more of them. Which I dont.

Between the lackluster - read: CRAP - rewards, the ridiculous enemy damage and the fact that now the ENEMY gets powers, while ours DONT WORK or become impossible to cast, yeah...what's the point? This mode isnt even Warframe. Its just a third person arena shooter that isnt nearly as much fun as Warframe.

Why is it that enemies dealing OP amount of damage is considered as skill or challenging? Cant they come up with other creative ways of making things challenging? Id love to face 100s of lvl 20+ enemies on a map where Id have to hide and be careful on how to tackle groups.

Update: Event is COMPLETE GARBAGE.

Just tried the Rank 40 enemies. Yep; you guessed it. Grapple hooking, turret placing, drone floating BULLET SPONGES. Again. Spent half my time off my feet (cause one shot ruins Iron Skin and my shields) and struggling to even know where the enemies WERE. Since, you know, maps full of enemies who teleport at light speed and turn invisible is somehow fun?

I mean...they turned the game on its head. This is is NOT even Warframe any longer. NOW the enemies are MORE powerful than we are. One to one. Not even in groups. One. To. One. MORE powerful. AND they still have us outnumbered to boot. 

Absurdly unfun and frustrating, to the point that, yet again, DE has left me wondering how their latest idea got past QA Testing in the first place.

Because it shouldnt have.

The fact that almost every match I've joined has had 3 Valkyrs says a lot. I do agree that some enemies hit crazy hard - those drones are just over the top.

The life drain modifier is a real fun eater, especially when you need to hunt down tough enemies on the map - then come to find them trapped in a room waiting to one shot you because you're sporting 1 health from all the searching.

The mode is definitely needs some polishing, but I'm sure it'll get there. I hope...

It seems like the only thing DE knows how to do for increasing "difficulty" is making everything a bullet sponge 1hk enemy.

Whats even S#&$tier about this game mode is theres a mode called "scaling enemies" so not only are they already 1hk sponges from hell, but they get even tougher as you manage to kill a few! What a joke

Fun event. To me wasnt that hard tho 

The only things that kill me sometimes were those crazy flying drones (they do seroiud damage when you get a pack of them), and a sniper. But aside of that, -and even that I played with all random people-, the event wasn't that hard from my point of view

57 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Rewards: Are GARBAGE. Utter and complete waste of time and effort. COMMON cores? From enemies who hit like trucks? Really?

They drop super-rare mods on occasion. But after 11 battles I'm still only seeing cores

The real garbage rewards are the end-of-mission. The level 40 arena rewards ONE uncommon core

With Wukong rage - duration build, the Rathuum was not so difficult. I died only twice while doing it alone.

1) Grab 75 energy ;

2) Casr Defy ;

3) Get hurt ; 

4) Kill ;

5) Recast when safe and repeat from step 3.

Carful with the magnetic "arc trap" however.

11 minutes ago, S0V3REiGN said:

Those drones are beyond OP. They kill my 5k health inaros in 1 second flat. No exaggeration.

This is the major problem I see with participating in the event. Most of the time I can survive in a group of these executioners due to my Inaros having Rage in his build and having Life Strike on all of my weapons, but once those Death Carabus (which I believe was their name, never lived long enough to really see) come in, you might as well just accept your death. Even with 4,620 health on my 'Frame, if one Carabus shot its laser at me, I'd either die on the spot or escape to die from the burn. Hell, I remember rounding a corner and running face first into five of those little flying bastards and was dead before I had any time to react.

If a simple drone (and some of the enemies based on other BS one shot kills I've had) can put down an Inaros at full health with no trouble, how are we expected to survive with anything other than a Valkyr? "Unfair trial" or not, something dealing that much damage is just poor game design and a terrible excuse for "difficulty".

On top of all the problems with Inaros getting one-shotted and suchwhat, the event itself is also horrifically grindy. Why do I have to do the Rathuum 5 times every single time that I want to challenge Kela, just to get a mod that I already have, or for a weapon that I don't have?

Edited by Gurpgork