Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kela De Thaym, Best Boss Fight To Date?

Rambit23Z

So, I just finished the Kela fight, and I really enjoyed it. I went in blind with my usual loadout of Saryn Prime, Dex Sybaris, Spira Prime and Nikana Prime.

• The Arena- It was dynamic with some moving platforms and thumpers that deal cold damage. You can use them to "rocket jump" if you time it right.
  • Kela- She's not a bullet sponge or a "shoot the glowy thing", instead she was just durable and agile enough to make an interesting boss that's not frustrating. And I love the fact that her missiles are actually visible. That's a problem with almost all other missiles in the game, due to lack of strong enough visuals.
  • The Spinning Puzzles- Took me a minute or two to figure out. (And I was kinda spooked by the pre-fight rollers) I think she should fire a few more orbital strikes though, you could just walk in a circle to avoid them and they did about 400ish damage.

Thoughts?

Just now, Shirotsuki said:

The boss fight would be better if the missiles were less obnoxious. She just spams them and it takes forever to get out of that phase if you are doing matchmaking or you are solo.

The missiles from above? The duration of the phase depends on how quickly you shoot the 16 buttons.

Just now, Rambit23Z said:

The missiles from above? The duration of the phase depends on how quickly you shoot the 16 buttons.

Which in turn makes it take obnoxiously long. You have 10 seconds per launch before they come back over and over until all of the buttons are done. Doing that solo takes ages.

Just now, Shirotsuki said:

Which in turn makes it take obnoxiously long. You have 10 seconds per launch before they come back over and over until all of the buttons are done. Doing that solo takes ages.

At least it's based on player skill. Waiting for Ruk is way worse.

1 minute ago, Phatose said:

I didn't understand it at all.  It's not well signposted, especially considering constant roller staggers prevent much in the way of looking around.

Did you do it solo or with a group first? Bosses are always best done solo first to learn the fight. And the rollers, are you talking pre-fight or the ones in the actual fight?

Just now, Rambit23Z said:

Did you do it solo or with a group first? Bosses are always best done solo first to learn the fight. And the rollers, are you talking pre-fight or the ones in the actual fight?

with a group.  And in the actual fight - they respawned constantly.

1 minute ago, Phatose said:

This. They won't stop spawning. The only thing keeping Kela from being my favorite boss fight is the rollers constantly spawning in. As you might guess, it gets really annoying during the green button phases.

Just now, Phatose said:

The spawns are probably tied to the group then. I did it solo and only saw two, which I shot during their deployment stage. Did nobody on the team have any AoE?

15 minutes ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

The only problem I have with Kela's fight is the rollers. Not too bad in the fight itself but when you have to stand on the pad and shoot the green buttons, they are the worst.

yeah, its not exactly solo-friendly  due to those rollers.

It was a fun fight but...

Seriously people get good at the game... I had to revive my party more than kill the boss...

Only things what I think needs adjusting is the bombardments time should be increased with 2 seconds and the time between them. That is enough on my part.

Edited by Revel72
((Added more detail to changes))

Had a bit of trouble trying to figure out the buttons the first time, murdered hundreds of rollers before i got it. Then in the actual arena proper those orbital strikes are just annoying as hell. Or they would be, i cheesed the thing with valkyr, hysteria for the duration of the fight, stand on the button that you'll have to shoot from next. Takes a while though if you're solo. Poor kubrow too, kept getting killed. Next time i'm leaving my dog in the liset.

One thing is really annoying me - after i've done the boss fight, now i suddenly can't do it untill i get 50 more judgment points. What's up with that?!

1 minute ago, belcebub said:

One thing is really annoying me - after i've done the boss fight, now i suddenly can't do it untill i get 50 more judgment points. What's up with that?!

Ditto to that. This just makes the event needlessly grindy. 

Nope, I heavily dislike it.

Took forever to figure out how to actually get into the fight. And when we finally did it was constant Roller Knockdowns followed by Orbital strikes and annoying phases.

Kela moved pretty well though, That would be perfect without the annoying phases put over it. I wouldn't even mind the rollers either, but that Orbital strike part and shooting the spinning things, Really disliked that, it really wasn't needed, it doesn't add a layer of difficulty, it takes away the fun instead and makes it incredibly tedious and annoying.

I don't see why I would ever think about running this boss fight again. ever to be honest. it's no fun to me and it seems like you'd have to use certain characters to succeed, ones immune to knockdown for example, which is exactly what we shouldn't have to do.

Although the whole Grineer Audience thing, that was interesting and cool to see, Looked like they were having a fantastic rave or something.