Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About colorable gold trimmings...

Henrysi

2j3h5d3.jpg

Is there any possible way that in the future we can have an option to be able to color the gold bits on our own instead of it being forced? Yes, I could just change the color to a gold myself, but then all of the red that I had before would also become gold. I know it doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but this is my main loadout, and the gold bits really helped my prime weapons stand out. I just preferred how it used to look.
I'm probably going to get hate or replies that are just like "deal with it dude, lol", but I just wanted some insight from a developer (possibly) to see if they would consider. I just do not want different colors forced on my favorite warframe. Also, I had to change my Excalibur Prime almost completely since the PBR somehow screwed up his helmet colors. I'm sure many others can relate, seeing the other forum posts.

P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong area, I'm still semi-new to posting on the forums.

Meh, who wants gold in the middle of their black and red anyways?
No but really, if DE could do something about it they would have done it ages ago. They just simply can't have more than 4 colour tints. 
It's like asking for a brand new colour, it just can't happen within our own realm of reality.

I agree, The first PBR change to Frost prime ruined my color combination, And now my Excal prime's colors are ruined too:

MyFGcU9.jpg 

Edit:

Ok maybe I jumped into this a bit to quickly, I did find a way to fix my original color scheme, Its alt skins that are the problem as shown by OP since the colors are connected, Which does mess up quite a few of my color combinations :(

4FnBpZ7.jpg 

Edited by KyleDelta

3 hours ago, Henry1233 said:

I understand that adding another tint would be a big issue, but would a button that allows it to stay gold or not be so hard to include? Something like this:

iel01t.jpg

This idea is great. I hope the devs see this. 

Eh. Honestly, this visual update sucks.

Ember  had her previous accent channels thrown into her tertiary channel to make way for the gold accent channel.  For those wondering, her accent channel used to color the pods on her arms and back. now those are the same color as the thins and arms 'base'.  

Nyx's Tertiary channel, which covers the flowing lines, is pixulated as all hell, especially in the legs. even in the original color scheme for her prime, its very noticeable. It makes me wonder how the hell it wasn't noticed before the release.

While I understand they only have so many color channels to work with, giving us the ability to color the prime trim at the cost of previous levels of detail is a rather bitter pill. 

Well now my colors are messed up, I was able to fix them before but after the recent hotfix I can't get my old look back.

nRykWtc.jpg

The front of the helmet is now colored blue, It used to be white and I really liked it that way before the color change ruined it :(

Please DE, Give us an option to revert this change like Henry suggested:

On 4/30/2016 at 7:38 PM, Henry1233 said:

I understand that adding another tint would be a big issue, but would a button that allows it to stay gold or not be so hard to include? Something like this:

iel01t.jpg

Edited by KyleDelta

The old gold trim sucks because it was untintable and you couldn't match up different primes easily! This PBR is a good thing! Adjust your color schemes for now. I do think they should add another color selector for primes for the gold tint however, you do lose a little customization without one but overall I'm eager to get my Nyx PBR'd my baby needs love.