Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PBR'd Nyx Prime gold bits ruin Nyx's Immortal Skin (now includes straw poll)

Ailith

Now with a straw poll! How badly do you want to see another color option? Do you even want another color option?

http://www.strawpoll.me/10101552

(ignore the missing "d" in Primed Chamber >_>)

This is what my Nyx Prime looked like pre-U18.10 with the Immortal Skin equipped (gold trim + purple swirls on her body):

tbeRuor.jpg

This is what she looks like now with PBR (purple trim + purple swirls):

bshqN7l.png

This is what happens if I try to make her gold bits gold again (gold trim + gold swirls):

VjiJIyg.png

I want my gold bits and purple swirls back... D:

Edited by Ailith

Uh oh.

I use the immortal skin quite a bit on NyxP and it's integral to one of my favorite color combinations. This...might be an issue. I haven't looked at it yet (It's been a Trinity/Valkyr kind of day), but...yeah, this is troubling.

It certainly is a problem with SarynP. I'd always used the immortal skin on Saryn, but it seriously buggers up the gold bits when used on SarynP. You either have to color them or not use the skin.

2 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

Uh oh.

I use the immortal skin quite a bit on NyxP and it's integral to one of my favorite color combinations. This...might be an issue. I haven't looked at it yet (It's been a Trinity/Valkyr kind of day), but...yeah, this is troubling.

It certainly is a problem with SarynP. I'd always used the immortal skin on Saryn, but it seriously buggers up the gold bits when used on SarynP. You either have to color them or not use the skin.

I didn't really say much on the matter, but yeah, the PBR update almost guarantees that your color scheme will be 'broken' and there probably won't be a way to recreate. The purple metal trim doesn't look terrible in my scheme, but it's supposed to be an accent color and now there's far too much of it. But, change the purple to gold and it smothers all the other colors. Try to change the color order/positions (primary, secondary, tertiary, etc.) and there's always one that's too overpowering (usually purple).

Saryn Prime + her Immortal skin isn't really a problem for me, though I also use a her Chlora helm which removes some of the most prominent gold bits. All Primes (and even base frames) need another color option for trim and/or those notorious grey/black areas (like Excal or Nyx's torsos).

Edited by Ailith

Personally, the pics all look pretty nice. I do wish we had a sixth tint for gold bits, but that'd involve recreating the entire tint system from scratch. I'm not actually sure it can even be done. I mean, I guess they can do CMYK / Aplha channels, but that would still be a lot of work involved, and not much extra revenue created.

Best thing to do, when PBR updates occur, is to find a new scheme that works. As much as I love some of my schemes, they don't always work and sometimes I just have to find new ones. I'm often happy when I do, because they can look amazing.

You have almost the exact same colors as my Nyx.  Different arrangement, but same colors. I, too, was a little sad due to the recent PBR change which makes my color scheme just not work anymore.

Perhaps in the future DE will make it possible for us to color each attachment of our warframe separately, and if that happens, then the glued-on prime stuff could be made into a unique class-restricted attachment (like Nekros' unique syandana).

Some day :-/

12 hours ago, Momaw said:

Perhaps in the future DE will make it possible for us to color each attachment of our warframe separately, and if that happens, then the glued-on prime stuff could be made into a unique class-restricted attachment (like Nekros' unique syandana).

Some day :-/

Being able to color all attachments independently of each other is the dream, I'll settle for just the trim areas for now though. :\

you're not alone mate. for me, my beautiful Ember prime has been ruined. nyx is just fine as she as since I don't use the immortal skin, but I feel your pain :/ 

EDIT: LOL, I just realized we post the links to our threads in the same time XD 

Great Nyxs think alike ;)

Edited by Kenshin98

my nyx skin after the pbr still looking good :)

D442C651868E530803226DD22E681566B698D716

1313DB0CBAD74A991D6D2585EC7364F3A7C24435 yay i can color the gold bits now to make new looks for nyx :D my advice is to use more colors

462CC104B7DC6245DB9D17782C547E2F156CD57A not related but look at my chroma look how sexy it is :D

Edited by hazerddex

9 hours ago, hazerddex said:

my nyx skin after the pbr still looking good :)

Spoiler

D442C651868E530803226DD22E681566B698D716

Spoiler

1313DB0CBAD74A991D6D2585EC7364F3A7C24435 

yay i can color the gold bits now to make new looks for nyx :D my advice is to use more colors

Spoiler

462CC104B7DC6245DB9D17782C547E2F156CD57A

not related but look at my chroma look how sexy it is :D

You aren't using the Immortal skin on your Nyx though, which is my problem. If you have the Immortal skin equipped, then the Prime gold trim is now the same color as part of the skin (the thin, swirly lines). This wasn't the case before the PBR update and there's no way to have both purple and gold (in my case) because of how the Immortal skin's colors are arranged. I've tried to make something new that looks just as good as my original colors (or at least tolerable), it's not possible.

Edited by Ailith

1 minute ago, Ailith said:

You aren't using the Immortal skin on your Nyx though, which is my problem. If you have the Immortal skin equipped, then the Prime gold trim is now the same color as part of the skin (the thin, swirly lines). This wasn't the case before the PBR update and there's no way to have both purple and gold (in my case) because of how the Immortal skin's colors are arranged. I've tried to make something new that looks just as good as my original colors (or at least tolerable), it's not possible.

i dont use the immortal skin because i think it looks ugly even before the PBR 

1 minute ago, hazerddex said:

i dont use the immortal skin because i think it looks ugly even before the PBR 

So...you literally have nothing to contribute to the conversation. This thread is specifically about how the PBR update affected Nyx's Immortal skin. If you don't like the skin, that's fine, but there's no point in saying that you don't have the same problem as us.

1 minute ago, Ailith said:

So...you literally have nothing to contribute to the conversation. This thread is specifically about how the PBR update affected Nyx's Immortal skin. If you don't like the skin, that's fine, but there's no point in saying that you don't have the same problem as us.

65024e4da0036826ca30dbc564100bee.jpg

sorry 

The fundamental problem is the PBR treatment makes all the immortal skins I own problematic with setting up a color combination since the gold trim (vital to primes) also applies a detail color to the 'frame body as well. This almost always clashes. Badly.

Also, remember we actually paid money for these immortal skins and these change seriously affect the visuals that interested us enough to shell out money for them.

I've basically totally shelved my Saryn immortal skin. I'd still use it on garden variety Saryn--if I still used her, which I do not. I've played around with my NyxP and it's the same situation. One of my favorite skins now...doesn't quite meet up with the visual expectations I had for it before the PBR. Her other two combinations look fantastic now, but the one that uses the immortal skin? Not so much. It's not bad, but, again, you get gold accents where I really did not want them--and there's nothing to be done about it.

I think the immortal skin themselves need adjusted for what colors go where. This was done on Valkyr's immortal skin some time ago and something similar should be done to the immortal skins for warframes that have prime versions as well.

7 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

The fundamental problem is the PBR treatment makes all the immortal skins I own problematic with setting up a color combination since the gold trim (vital to primes) also applies a detail color to the 'frame body as well. This almost always clashes. Badly.

Also, remember we actually paid money for these immortal skins and these change seriously affect the visuals that interested us enough to shell out money for them.

I've basically totally shelved my Saryn immortal skin. I'd still use it on garden variety Saryn--if I still used her, which I do not. I've played around with my NyxP and it's the same situation. One of my favorite skins now...doesn't quite meet up with the visual expectations I had for it before the PBR. Her other two combinations look fantastic now, but the one that uses the immortal skin? Not so much. It's not bad, but, again, you get gold accents where I really did not want them--and there's nothing to be done about it.

I think the immortal skin themselves need adjusted for what colors go where. This was done on Valkyr's immortal skin some time ago and something similar should be done to the immortal skins for warframes that have prime versions as well.

^ This is also something important to note. I guess you can argue that the Immortal skin is intended only for standard Nyx, but I think it's fair to expect it to look the same on Nyx Prime, especially since it did up until the PBR update (same goes for other frames and skins). And, really, the problem wouldn't exist if we could just change the trim color separately.

4 hours ago, aerosoul1337 said:

Ash prime + immortal skin is worse.

If you want to keep gold trim,

Spoiler

OK8DBOA.jpg

You will have a gold  A S S.

Spoiler

OsKSBV2.jpg

Source: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/488216-ash-prime-textures-mesh-animation-bugs-collection-thread/

For me, Ash has always been somewhat tricky to customize due to each color affecting such large portions of his body, Ash Prime is even harder to color. Because of that, I've never even considered buying his Immortal skin. He's the 'extreme' example of this issue though.

Edited by Ailith

• 5 weeks later...