[DE]Rebecca

Notice: Operation Rathuum Event FAQ

1 hour ago, DERebecca said:

Hey all,

I thought I'd make a new post for highest visibility here about clarifying elements of Operation Rathuum. Please read on for a summary:

What is and isn't exclusive to the Operation?

The Operation rewards like the Emblem, Sigil, Furax Wraith, and Clan Trophies are time-limited to Operation: Rathuum. 

The 9 new event Mods, Rathuum 1 2 & 3, and Kela's Court are permanent additions to Warframe. 

This means if you are worried about getting all of the Mods from Kela before the event ends on May 9th, you can rest those worries because the Mod drops are here to stay. 

What about the Judgement Points?

Judgement Points are here to stay, but we are increasing the amounts you earn in Rathuum to make it less repetitive. 

Medi Ray?

It's missing now but will be Hotfixed in 18.10.2.

Difficulty?

We are adjusting the health and armor values of the enemies. 

And more?

Stay tuned for a comment about the future ideas for Arena Mode (Rathuum) overall! 

Thanks everyone - I will update this with more information as FAQs are identified. 

Love ya', good job for the clarifications made so far, the thingy with mods for me was a bit foggy, but now cristal-clear!

Would it be possible to confirm that the only outcome of choosing a syndicate is 10000 standing? Or is there something else in store?

Sounds great! This makes the entire event fun and I no longer have any objections... except for the electric-insta-death-ray drones that STILL deafen me every time I get near them. Please, PLEASE fix the audio levels on the drones and the missile thingies that gorth fires. I have my sound turned down so low I can't hear my own gunshots, but they are still too loud. I thought the hotfix would fix it -- it mentioned audio levels after all -- but it's still the same. No sound level in the game controls these things, I have to turn down my system sound to effect it. It would also be nice if they did a little less damage, even with inaros, max scarab armor, and a maxed heat resistance mod they still kill me in about 2 seconds.

Other than those drone thingies, though, I have no complaints. I was really worried that I'd burn out -- again -- from the event (after shadow debt I couldn't play for two months). But making the mods permanent and increasing the point gain fixes that.

24 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

What if saryn was put into each rathuum. (helm drops from rathuum 1's executioners, rthuum 2 for chassis and rathuum 3 for systems. then fairy frame for kela?

3 people are going to die

1 hour ago, DERebecca said:

Hey all,

I thought I'd make a new post for highest visibility here about clarifying elements of Operation Rathuum. Please read on for a summary:

Also: 

My Stratos Emblem increased three times while completing this event. Is that a bug or is it intentional?

And I personally would love to see Rathuum stay permanently. If nothing else, it is a place to farm rare stances where I think the drops definitely justify the difficulty and vice-versa. 

39 minutes ago, Blancmark said:

Also, will Kela permanently drop the Twin Kohmak BP after this new version replaces the old Kela boss node, or is that an event-only drop?

I also want to know. It wasn't mentioned in the OP, and while I would imagine it's gonna become a Kela drop just like the Miter is a Kril+Vor drop, I would like it to be set in stone for future reference.

Sounds reasonable. Also you should let endless arena mode give us justice points as well.

Not sure how I feel about the one-shotting. I kind of get it to give the enemies a chance at winning, but at the same time from a player experience perspective being one-shot is never a good time. These aren't like PC players who have to take time to aim either or who can be mislead and then dodged. Mods like Vitality and Redirection continue to feel like more of a trap for unaware players who equip them expecting to live longer only to find that enemies one-shot them regardless. 

So many people crying about the event yet it was super easy the logic.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Kano said:

Yeah, before I played I heard it super difficult, but than I just went in and passed it with no problem what so ever. I would like if these drones will do less damage, but overwhole, I think it's a good challenge that should stay as it is now.

I love that it's a permanent thing to stay, I'm not worry that I won't have time to get the mod I want, but I can rest now knowing that it isn't going anywhere and I have all the time in the world to get it. I can just trade it with someone for another mod I have if I want, I don't find it grindy too much.

Lot's of fun. I got a lil pissed on those probe's beams. But than again, what's the point of adding new chalenges if you're gonna give away to the communities urges to make everything as hard as the average gameplay level? I mean, people aint afraid of Bursas anymore, nor Hyekkas, Manics, etc...
Just don't change Kela's defeated "scream",cuz it sure sounds like something else >:)

If you don't like rollers, bring something to deal with them.
If you don't like orbital missiles, do the above.

Edited by Duduminador

1 hour ago, Blancmark said:

What I've noticed about Rathuum, especially Round 3, is that the most successful frame by far is Ash Prime. Bladestorm OP. Those frames usually end up with nearly all kills themselves, and zero deaths.

Deth Carabus' are too strong, they're nearly the only thing I usually die to, esp if a squad of 3 groups together. Also, *please* tone down the sound of their attack. It's *much* louder than any other sound in the game, almost distorted sounding, and it isn't pleasant.

Also, will Kela permanently drop the Twin Kohmak BP after this new version replaces the old Kela boss node, or is that an event-only drop?

I think Valkyr is better than Ash in terms of survivability because she can sustain her invulnerability much longer than ash can with bladestorm. She can't compare with the sheer speed of kills however.

1 hour ago, Fukushu said:

You'd better damn well DRASTICALLY increase the amount of Judgement points gained, otherwise you just proved you don't give two S#&$s about the community complaining about the ever increasing grind in this bloody game despite you all saying you were going to decrease it MULTIPLE @(*()$ TIMES!

Am I mad? Hell yeah I'm mad! If Tier 3 doesn't give 50 points per completion, this is utter bullS#&$!

While I agree that Tier 3 needs an increase in points earned, and that it's annoying, you could be more professional and approachable with your grievances. DE isn't going to take this seriously otherwise. You sound like an entitled child the way you structured your argument, even if it has merit.

• Upvote 3

@DERebecca Will the Syndicate rewards change at all? I haven't turned in the prisoner coordinates yet, but I heard that all you get is 10,000 standing for a Syndicate. That's pretty pointless. However, I don't want to turn the coordinate in, see you guys change the rewards in a hotfix, and get screwed out of other stuff. (ie: I give it to Loka now, but want hotfixed Veil rewards instead)

• Upvote 2

The event is too easy!

If you cant kill 25 Enemies without dying. i d say you havent earned your reward!

• Upvote 15

Can you add gold or even legendary cores to endurance mission please?

getting common and uncommon is rather depressing :(

• Upvote 8

2 minutes ago, Fraank said:

The event is too easy!

If you cant kill 25 Enemies without dying. i d say you havent earned your reward!

Easy until you get a bad spawn of about 4 of those drones clustered together right behind a door. Unless you're running Valkyr you're toast the second it opens. 

Something as simple as a better visual cue on the drones would make this event even more fun than it already is. 

• Upvote 17

Why are they changing the amount of points we gain per mission instead of just reducing the entrance point cost? Now all the people who have already farmed a large amount of points in anticipation of something like this will have their time wasted. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Kano said:

Agreed. DE bends way too easily when the community starts whining about difficulty or grinding. There should be missions that actually have a degree of difficulty in this game, there should be mods that are scarce and hard to obtain. Every other online game in the world has these things and I never see their communities band together and whine anywhere close to as hard Warframe's. 

Edited by Lootin
  • Upvote 6

So we dont have to repeat Rathuum mission 3 5 times, but only 2 times now, thats something

Edited by Myscho

2 hours ago, PremiumShiny said:

To the newer kids, getting Saryn will be tedious. Does that mean that you would essentially need gear able to defeat 60s in order to get to Kela then?

That awkward moment when Saryn Prime will be easier to farm than regular Saryn.

• Upvote 12

17 minutes ago, Draice said:

I would appreciate any further feedback, while I strive to make this game mode rest as close to challenging and fun as I can.

thanks for posting and while the mode needs toned down overall; please don't tone it down too much, these guys still need to hurt us

good luck with the changes and thanks for rathuum

• Upvote 5

24 minutes ago, Draice said:

So AI that uses squad-based tactics, and exploits situational opportunities is where I see the challenge in this mode heading in the future. If players enjoy this new mode, we will also incorporate into the other factions, but through their own story line. For now, we're happy with how 1.0 is playing out so far, though we will continue to balance the damage and survivability of the Executioners until they feel right. We really wanted to get this iteration out to you guys so we can hear your feedback!

Yo dude, try doing the event, without cheesing it. Then the event is hard as hell for players who haven't conclaved before and are not use to the different parkour combos or the maps. Also the event is way grinder than the previous events. It is also good for the community to band together, what is wrong with banding together to fix a issue?

13 minutes ago, Lootin said:

Agreed. DE bends way too easily when the community starts whining about difficulty or grinding. There should be missions that actually have a degree of difficulty in this game, there should be mods that are scarce and hard to obtain. Every other online game in the world has these things and I never see their communities band together and whine anywhere close to as hard Warframe's. 

Also, would this AI be implemented to normal games? In which normal lancers can roll and doge our cross hairs? I feel like that would be a interesting addition to game play. Furthermore are you testing AI scaling with enemy levels?

Edited by Brokenrune
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Lootin said:

The issue is less the difficulty but more the legitimacy of the challenge, which is a different thing entirely.

Instant death with no telegraph is not difficult. It is unfair. On the whole, Rathuum is a lot of fun--except that Harkonar, Reth, and Nok can kill you with no warning whenever they please.

The health and armor values are extreme, but the damage output of the opponents is the greater concern.

EDIT: fixed missing punctuation.

Edited by LysanderasD
  • Upvote 21