The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframe and second monitor

Hescominsoon

This only occurs with warframe.  My other games do NOT exhibit this issue.

usually within a minute or two of getting into the game i get the warning that video memory is low do i want to disable aero..which i don't.  I tell the machine to not tlel me that again and let it be.  My second screen remains black.  Warframe is the ONLY game exhibiting this behavior.  

My machine stats:

cpu: Core i-5 4690k 3.5 ghz

Ram 32 gigs

Windows 7 professional 64 bit

Video card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 4GB GDDR5

Sounds more like a hardware issue really. Like you said, you don't have enough video memory (vram) to be running dual monitors hence why the second monitor is black (there's not enough memory to be rendering so much). Try turning down some settings. Specifically Geometry Detail, Particle System Quality, and Texture Memory.

• 1 month later...

HUH?  I have more than enough ram to run two monitors..the game uses less than 1 gig of vram(verified inside teh game itself) and i have 32 gigs of system ram.  I have nearly 4x the amount of required vram.

I run much more demanding games that do NOT exhibit this issue.

My previous machine(a shuttle) has an hd 6770 1 gig that ran these two monitors just fine.  One monitor is at 1080P and the other is 1280x1024.  So if a 1 gig radeon can run both of these at max settings then a machine more than 4x more powerful should be able to run it with less effort.  Not a hardware problem but a coding error on warframe's part.

I've got a HD6870 with only 1gb vram and two monitors run just fine, Muskyr's probably skipped reading the second half of your post naming your PC specs.

I recommend using the file integrity verification in the launcher, failing that changing the DirectX mode is worth a shot.

Sounds like a memory leak issue at first but it's odd that it could fill up that much RAM within 5 minutes. Get ProcessExplorer and let it run on the second monitor and watch for warframe's process for memory usage. The nvidia overlay displaying current vram usage etc might also help. This could also be a driver problem but you'd need games with similar features to test (dx10, dx11 etc)