Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets talk the REAL issues with Rathuum...

DE.... you have created one hell of a game... a game that is hard to compare to any game out there... However, you continue to follow the Same mistakes every single time. Lets take this most recent event for example... Operation Rathuum. It started out challenging... i would even say Hard... I found myself having more fun in this operation than i have had in a LOOONG time.... However, once again you make the mistake... You nerfed it. And its not a Minor Nerf... its a Massive Overblown crapfest of a nerf.... 75% reduced Damage?... 2.5x more Points?.... You are catering to the lazy people... the people who dont wanna attempt something challenging. Extend the event a little... Reduce damage by 10%... But For the love of god, stop making it into a Trival mess that an infant can complete with their eyes closed. And IF you ARE going to do that... Do it before you START the event. Im so sick and tired of the Fun hard stuff getting nerfed because you dont want the lazy people to feel left out... The players begging for taxies, begging for Draco runs... those types of people need to be punished, not rewarded. This event was not hard, after a few runs, it became pretty challenging but the fun type of challenging.

STOP Nerfing Everything.... If a player cant beat it, they can get help or Keep getting stronger... Players need to strategieze, not whine... As someone who Soloed the whole event from start to Endurence... Im tired of seeing every event i complete quickly get nerfed and players receive the same rewards... I finished it before the nerf, maybe i deserve a special reward... Im also a Founder, whens the last time you did something for founders?... You Developers at Digital Extreams keep making stupid mistakes, and im so tired of seeing such an amazing game take hits like this that it doesn't deserve.

And for all the Flak im sure to receive...https://gyazo.com/e2f2bc2d47afececa8d67d43e58dad11 ... You can complain once you are on my level. (solo Endurance to 303 kills, Earned Gold Trophy for my Shadow Clan...BEFORE THE NERF)

3 minutes ago, Datcoolguy said:

"You can complain once you are on my level"

You also think that earth missions should be level 100-150 instead of 1-3 don't you

No, i think that a challenging event missions needs to stay challenging. If you are stuck in the 1-3 level missions, thats on you... I spent the time and effort to receive all the rewards, then it got patched after that, and i get nothing for my time and effort? It feels like a punishment for being faster than other players.

I'm just gonna stop responding so i don't get threatened by a mod, either way, raathum had to get nerfed somewhat, but not in this blanket nerf, the problem was that most enemies would oneshot most frames even when properly built, and as usual they where complete bullet sponges. There where also specific issues with the drones being nearly impossible to spot and able to deal 800 damage per tick (also capable of setting up on swarms). And then the other thing was the grindfest caused by having to do 5 t3 missions every time you want to run the boss

Just now, Datcoolguy said:

I'm just gonna stop responding so i don't get threatened by a mod, either way, raathum had to get nerfed somewhat, but not in this blanket nerf, the problem was that most enemies would oneshot most frames even when properly built, and as usual they where complete bullet sponges. There where also specific issues with the drones being nearly impossible to spot and able to deal 800 damage per tick (also capable of setting up on swarms). And then the other thing was the grindfest caused by having to do 5 t3 missions every time you want to run the boss

Fine... nerf it... But heres my issue with it.... I took the hard path and came out on top... i Soloed the whole thing pre-nerf. Now its nerfed and all the players who did not have to do it the hard way are getting all the same rewards i got for 1/2 the effort. I feel that if something is going to be nerfed... then the players who put in the effort to do it the hard way should get something in return for their effort.

1 hour ago, PureIcarus said:

And for all the Flak im sure to receive...https://gyazo.com/e2f2bc2d47afececa8d67d43e58dad11 ... You can complain once you are on my level. (solo Endurance to 303 kills, Earned Gold Trophy for my Shadow Clan...BEFORE THE NERF)

complains about difficulty being nerfed.

Begins to spout about getting on his level (303 solo)

Using valkyr.

Ok bud.

Just now, LordOfScrugging said:

complains about difficulty being nerfed.

Begins to spout about getting on his level (303 solo)

Using valkyr.

Ok bud.

In endurance where 1 death ends it... trying to get to 300 kills.... That comment wasnt about skill... it was about a Level of Frustration that you will never understand... I put in SOO much effort to get that 300 kills... sometimes 2-3 minutes to kill 1 executioner.... And NOW it gets nerfed.... i get NOTHING for doing it the hard way, and its VERY VERY irritating.

Just now, PureIcarus said:

In endurance where 1 death ends it... trying to get to 300 kills.... That comment wasnt about skill... it was about a Level of Frustration that you will never understand... I put in SOO much effort to get that 300 kills... sometimes 2-3 minutes to kill 1 executioner.... And NOW it gets nerfed.... i get NOTHING for doing it the hard way, and its VERY VERY irritating.

You want a cookie? cause that's really all you'll get. nobody said you'll get anything for going to 300 (clan trophies aside ofcourse) anything you do is of your volition. you decided to do it when it was hard, whoopdie doo. great on you. but the fact that you did it with valkyr kinda diminishes the whole 'amazement' factor. if you did this with a frame like banshee or something THEN you will get respect. Til then however, subtract the "get on my level" comment.

Just now, LordOfScrugging said:

You want a cookie? cause that's really all you'll get. nobody said you'll get anything for going to 300 (clan trophies aside ofcourse) anything you do is of your volition. you decided to do it when it was hard, whoopdie doo. great on you. but the fact that you did it with valkyr kinda diminishes the whole 'amazement' factor. if you did this with a frame like banshee or something THEN you will get respect. Til then however, subtract the "get on my level" comment.

AGAIN... you are blind.... Its not a Comment about SKILL... its a comment about The level of Frustration of spending 3 hours getting 300 kills for it to get nerfed... if it was after the nerf, it would have taken me a fraction of the time. So... what do i get for the time i wasted?...So... read the previous post before you start spouting nonsense.

1 minute ago, PureIcarus said:

In what way did you need to get 300 kills?

25 gets the Reactor, and that's all.

Unless you're the only member of a Shadow Clan, the only purpose to such a score is "showing off".

Just now, Prof_Blocks_007 said:

In what way did you need to get 300 kills?

25 gets the Reactor, and that's all.

Unless you're the only member of a Shadow Clan, the only purpose to such a score is "showing off".

Im the only member of my shadow clan with the capability to complete the 300 kills.... i wanted to get the Gold Trophy for them. Most of them dont have the time to complete that many kills.

This thread is so.... bad.

They had to reduce the damage dealt by the enemies in order to let us play more frames.

Nobody want an arena in which you're forced to play valkyr or any other immortal frame.

And honestly FOR ONCE that they reduced the grind someone is complaining. NOBODY want to be forced to do 5 arena just to beat up kela ONCE and get one of the 8 (or 7 or 9 whatever) mods.

Also : wow amazing you did 303 kills... by playing valkyr. Such an achievement waw you totally are a skilled player blablabla congratulation.

Stop talking about "geting stronger" when you're playing valkyr for an event designed to make her the most powerful.

2 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

AGAIN... you are blind.... Its not a Comment about SKILL... its a comment about The level of Frustration of spending 3 hours getting 300 kills for it to get nerfed... if it was after the nerf, it would have taken me a fraction of the time. So... what do i get for the time i wasted?...So... read the previous post before you start spouting nonsense.

AGAIN, do you want a cookie? This isn't about skill. you're frustrated over time wasted. nobody told you to spend hours getting 300. you wanted a gold trophy. ok? you decided to do it the hard way. so what? Doesn't affect me, doesn't affect any other poster. you're whining for no good reason. it's like you're whining cause you bought a car and then a day later that same car is going for much less than you bought it for. so what? we never know when/if DE will change something. (but really, you should have known something would have been changed when the enemies in the FIRST rathuum were capable of destroying any frame with no invulnerability/invisibility.

1 minute ago, LordOfScrugging said:

AGAIN, do you want a cookie? This isn't about skill. you're frustrated over time wasted. nobody told you to spend hours getting 300. you wanted a gold trophy. ok? you decided to do it the hard way. so what? Doesn't affect me, doesn't affect any other poster. you're whining for no good reason. it's like you're whining cause you bought a car and then a day later that same car is going for much less than you bought it for. so what? we never know when/if DE will change something. (but really, you should have known something would have been changed when the enemies in the FIRST rathuum were capable of destroying any frame with no invulnerability/invisibility.

Yea, it doesnt effect you.. so why the hell are you here?... It effects me and im irritatated... you dont agree, so begone. And your Analogy.... Many companies will pro-rate or refund the ammount you spent over the current price if you can prove it... So where is my refund on my time?

6 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

Im the only member of my shadow clan with the capability to complete the 300 kills.... i wanted to get the Gold Trophy for them. Most of them dont have the time to complete that many kills.

The clan score is the total of all members' best scores. 12 members each with a best score of 25 would have the 300 total needed for Gold.

On 29/04/2016 at 5:13 PM, DERebecca said:

CLAN TROPHY REWARDS

Clan Rewards: All participating Clans will receive an event trophy for their attempts on the bonus final endurance missions. The following table lays out which Trophy your clan will earn depending on the Sum of all participating Members best Endurance Round.

6 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

There is no frustration in being invincible.

If this is about trying to go for challenge trophies, everyone can just go Valkyr and see who can go for 10 hours before something cuts into their mission and they have to end.

So linking back to yur thread title :

The REAL issue of Rathuum is..... DE trying to make the Event significantly easier for players that are not using Ash or Valkyr, and trying to farm Kela? 

And then going on to say that players need to "get on your level" ? 

Not everyone likes to lug around Ash Valkyr or whatever cheese strat, they genuinely just want to experience the Arena mission and some 1 shot mechanics are pretty nonsensical.

What is wrong with DE trying to balance the enemies so that MORE people can HAVE FUN instead of the small minority that thinks hardcore difficulty is fun? 

I have to agree, this event was challenging, fun. It wasn't impossible nor hard.

I pretty much carried my team running "The Sword Alone". Sure, I died, one shot sniper here, mini death drone bots there, okay. Those could have used better tells.

The amount of groaning this event got was sad, especially when it was confirmed that all the mods and hard to obtain stuff were confirmed to stay. We're yet again hit with those people who want everything given to them in day one.

This event, well, I went from killing the enemies in the 3rd arena in 1~4 combos, to a single melee combo now. It's laughable, it's sad. I would have rather DE made another tier that kept the difficulty instead of this kiddy mode nerffing to everything.

There is a point where you can blame the players, and a point where you can blame the game, and after seeing a group struggle and take over 10 minutes to do the first pad puzzle on our new boss? Yeah, I'm putting 90% blame on the players, 10% blame on instant kill death floaty boats of uuber doom.

Edited by Shuuro

lmfao you went solo which means literally just 2 types of enemies. If you solo'd this whole event you actually never got to see all the enemy types. Why do people keep bragging about soloing it? when the solo version of it was literally easy mode.

Just now, Satinpuppies said:

lmfao you went solo which means literally just 2 types of enemies. If you solo'd this whole event you actually never got to see all the enemy types. Why do people keep bragging about soloing it? when the solo version of it was literally easy mode.

Solo is 2 enemies that are randomly selected among the 8.... i have beaten all 8 repeatedly... The fact that i soloed it when many people struggle with Round 2 with a full team of 4 is the thing that sets it apart.

there wasn't any appreciable Difficulty, just punishing Players for not using Warframes that break the game, which were clearly what those numbers were balanced around.
Enemies that deal 8000-10,000 Damage instantaneously, are not balanced around Warframes as a whole.

Warframe has no Difficulty. it has an area of the game that's flexible enough to let most anything work, and it has 'harder' things that cheat to compensate for the cheating that Players can and will use.

i played it anyways like anyone else, but i'm not ignorant enough to suggest crap like that is healthy for a game, to just punish people for not using <5% of the available Equipment choices.

so what you're saying is, you want a game that rewards you for ignoring 95% of the Equipment content because you can use other things that allow Players to circumvent most of the systems of the game - and then you call it Skill. 
if you're circumventing most of the systems of the game, there is really little to no Skill to show.

Edit:

by the by - Endurance has no Difficulty either, high scoring is just to see how long you can play it until you feel bored and want to leave.
so higher scores is people that have more time and longer sanity fuses to play it longer before getting bored.

Edited by taiiat

I agree that the Rathuum shouldn't have been nerfed as much as it did, but don't agree with you using Valkyr to prove your skill at surviving the game mode. Would love for DE to do away with Hysteria's invulnerability and rework the frame - Inaros couldn't even facetank it for long.

It did need some nerfs but some things were unnecessary.

Edited by EmptyDevil

Just now, taiiat said:

there wasn't any appreciable Difficulty, just punishing Players for not using Warframes that break the game, which were clearly what those numbers were balanced around.
Enemies that deal 8000-10,000 Damage instantaneously, are not balanced around Warframes as a whole.

Warframe has no Difficulty. it has an area of the game that's flexible enough to let most anything work, and it has 'harder' things that cheat to compensate for the cheating that Players can and will use.

i played it anyways like anyone else, but i'm not ignorant enough to suggest crap like that is healthy for a game, to just punish people for not using <5% of the available Equipment choices.

so what you're saying is, you want a game that rewards you for ignoring 95% of the Equipment content because you can use other things that allow Players to circumvent most of the systems of the game - and then you call it Skill. 
if you're circumventing most of the systems of the game, there is really little to no Skill to show.

All of this. QFT.