Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets talk the REAL issues with Rathuum...

Get out the Ignis, because this OP just got roasted.  On a more serious note, if you have never been swarmed by those goddamned drones as anything except Valkyr, thnen you do not know the meaning of burninating pain.  Those damn things needed nerfs!

1 hour ago, PureIcarus said:

And for all the Flak im sure to receive...https://gyazo.com/e2f2bc2d47afececa8d67d43e58dad11 ... You can complain once you are on my level. (solo Endurance to 303 kills, Earned Gold Trophy for my Shadow Clan...BEFORE THE NERF)

I'm not sure whether that's really an accomplishment purelcarus, that is a valkyr that you were using after all. Its not exactly a frame that punishes players for being sloppy, making mistakes or being incompetent.

4 minutes ago, Sintag said:

Get out the Ignis, because this OP just got roasted.  On a more serious note, if you have never been swarmed by those goddamned drones as anything except Valkyr, thnen you do not know the meaning of burninating pain.  Those damn things needed nerfs!

.Burned? naw... idgaf what people say about me... because im speaking the truth. Call me an elitest all you want, its true. I beat Round 3 solo with 8 different warframes.... Mag, Loki, Valkyr, Ash, Limbo, Ivara, Trinity and Banshee. I had no issue with any of the enemies... if i got killed, it was a minor set back and a minor mistake on my part... so i picked myself back up, learned from it and moved forward stronger... If everything gets nerfed... then people dont learn when they lose.

7 minutes ago, Sintag said:

They can still murder you pretty quickly, but it's easier to get out of the beam before death now.

I also soloed as well as did public games for all 3 stages and went for the 100 kill on endless just to get a trophy for my ghost clan before it all got nerfed.

I think the actual problem of this event isn't really the damage of the enemy, but their ehp. For the first attempt I had for stage 3, I got scaling enemy (which I didn't notice it until I realize I was fighting lv 100 enemy towards the end), and I failed to do a solid 25/0 as I was restricting myself to not use abilities so as to train myself. The main reason is, the enemy are getting way too tanky, such as tanking half a dozen of rakta cernos shots, or 2 full charge opticor headshots. This scenario is more obvious in endless as despite my effort to not use abilities, I cannot do sufficient damage no matter what weapon I take, they are barely denting the enemy after they rise over lv 100. At the end, just to do the 100 I ended up doing it in a cheese way.

I think nerfing damage won't help, but nerfing their effective hit point (includes health, shield, armor) will probably make this event more fun and challenging as well as reduce the amount of hysteria cheese we see in endless.

Edited by 14159265358979323846

6 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

.Burned? naw... idgaf what people say about me... because im speaking the truth. Call me an elitest all you want, its true. I beat Round 3 solo with 8 different warframes.... Mag, Loki, Valkyr, Ash, Limbo, Ivara, Trinity and Banshee. I had no issue with any of the enemies... if i got killed, it was a minor set back and a minor mistake on my part... so i picked myself back up, learned from it and moved forward stronger... If everything gets nerfed... then people dont learn when they lose.

8 warframes huh, so either you've got too much time on your hands or you like to compusively lie.

Care to explain how getting 1 shotted from across the map is a mistake on the players fault?

Care to explain how having a 1 shot death ray sentinel creep up on you and kill you a mistake on the players fault?

4 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

What?

It is in the event that someone would counter my argument with a "learn how to dodge" comment. It doesn't matter. If it isn't fun, simply dodging the crappy parts that could actually be fixed, as they have, won't make it much better. Being one hit killed out of luck or because of a Dark Souls attitude of "make a split second mistake and you get raped" is not fun for anyone.

1 minute ago, R34LM said:

It is in the event that someone would counter my argument with a "learn how to dodge" comment. It doesn't matter. If it isn't fun, simply dodging the crappy parts that could actually be fixed, as they have, won't make it much better. Being one hit killed out of luck or because of a Dark Souls attitude of "make a split second mistake and you get raped" is not fun for anyone.

you clearly have not met people who play touhou or rougelikes

3 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

you clearly have not met people who play touhou or rougelikes

Perhaps not, but that is the issue with this game as a whole: it caters itself to too many people. Many times I've wanted to say to people "if it is too easy go back to playing a rouge like or anything masochistic". But I can't, because this game is open for all. The same goes for the other side; it isn't right for people to say "too hard? git gud or go home" when this game also caters itself for casual gamers who just want to enjoy wrecking S#&$ after a day of work. But, really, it is a beaten dead horse now that what it used to be (bullet sponges with one shot weaponry) is not what people call challenge. Because what is there to learn about getting one shot randomly or not doing enough damage? Get the numbers pumped into your gun and never be seen or hurt (Ash, Loki, Wukong, and Valkyr enter).

Edited by R34LM

1 minute ago, R34LM said:

Ehhh... Well fun is subjective, so i won't argue with you about it. I think skill-based is fun and knowing that i can avoid instant death by reacting quickly is satisfying.

2 hours ago, PureIcarus said:

Im also a Founder, whens the last time you did something for founders?

Ok you're a founder you got what they promised you for your early support. They don't need to do anythings else for founders and good for you, you found out about the game in its early stages and put up money. That's cool but I'm sure there are people that have put up way more money than you have and they don't even have a chance to get a special title. So please stop throwing around a title that only means you heard of the game before most people. You can get on me for being an xbox player but I prefer to buy one thing and use it without having to upgrade it every month. Kudos to you for finishing it before patch but since you're a "founder" you should know everything gets patched and complaining about it does nothing. 

You are complaining about them nerfing this game mode because you spent the time and effort to actually do it before the nerf. 

wow, just wow. 

Frankly this game mode needed the nerf. Not everyone can play warframe for several hours a day. A lot of us have real world commitments. I'm lucky to be able to play this game for a couple hours a week. Seeing them nerf it so I can get all the stuff is really appreciated. And before you think oh what a noob or some such nonsense like that, I am a founder just like you. I have put my heart and soul into this game and just to hear you complain about it because you think you need to be some privileged brat is just sickening for this community.

oh, seems like somebody wants to show off.

it is funny, when people farm something with Valkyr, Ember or Mag for example and then think that they are awesome. Try solo 300 mobs with Necros, Mesa or Hydroid - then we will see your skill. But now you just look like ignorant rich kid, who needs more attention than he deserves. If you are a founder and max rank - you are not better than any novice on 1-3 earth missions, all players are equal without reference to their achievments or results.

About farming before nerf - imagine that dollar (or what money do you use) exchange rate fell - it looks similar for me. And yes, you prooved your " skill" for yourself, nobody promised special rewards, there are no "hard" or "easy" variants of this event or am i wrong? You've got furax and mods, piece of lore and saw something new, haven't you? Somebody took it back after nerf or you are just selfish a bit?

About players, who say "that was easy even before nerf" so, and what? What's wrong with you? Are all warframe players 20+ rank with full builds? Or near half (i guess) are 5-15 and struggled on 2nd step, even not 3rd. I farmed event too, but with not cheesy build it wasn't easy for my (btw i usually farm any mission without problems), it was not interesting or challenging, it was like "afshthsthsrfh dat lasers\rockets again". My trinity with link and ult and frost with armor and globe died from 3-5 shots usually, when people with valkyr don't even noticed any threat. Is THAT fair? But you want refund for your time "lost". Best refund for such players i think would be valkyr nerf or rework, cuz she is most brainless and easiest frame of all, even worse than rhino and ember.

Just relax, play and take it easy, warframe is a game, not a job or competition.

13 minutes ago, Amaldiirn said:

oh, seems like somebody wants to show off.

it is funny, when people farm something with Valkyr, Ember or Mag for example and then think that they are awesome. Try solo 300 mobs with Necros, Mesa or Hydroid - then we will see your skill. But now you just look like ignorant rich kid, who needs more attention than he deserves. If you are a founder and max rank - you are not better than any novice on 1-3 earth missions, all players are equal without reference to their achievments or results.

About farming before nerf - imagine that dollar (or what money do you use) exchange rate fell - it looks similar for me. And yes, you prooved your " skill" for yourself, nobody promised special rewards, there are no "hard" or "easy" variants of this event or am i wrong? You've got furax and mods, piece of lore and saw something new, haven't you? Somebody took it back after nerf or you are just selfish a bit?

About players, who say "that was easy even before nerf" so, and what? What's wrong with you? Are all warframe players 20+ rank with full builds? Or near half (i guess) are 5-15 and struggled on 2nd step, even not 3rd. I farmed event too, but with not cheesy build it wasn't easy for my (btw i usually farm any mission without problems), it was not interesting or challenging, it was like "afshthsthsrfh dat lasers\rockets again". My trinity with link and ult and frost with armor and globe died from 3-5 shots usually, when people with valkyr don't even noticed any threat. Is THAT fair? But you want refund for your time "lost". Best refund for such players i think would be valkyr nerf or rework, cuz she is most brainless and easiest frame of all, even worse than rhino and ember.

Just relax, play and take it easy, warframe is a game, not a job or competition.

True that. I would be lucky to even get 1 kill in the Tier 3 missions despite mainly using two of my heavy hitters (Boltace and Opticor, the latter of which I've almost mastered). Personally, Obnoxious amounts of durability and stupid powerful attacks without any change in strategy (besides bigger numbers) compared to the same enemy at a lower level feels more like fake difficulty than actual difficulty to me.

Well this thread definitely could have used 50% less entitlement and elitism in the OP- but even as someone who hasn't done the event yet, I agree. Every time DE adds some nice, fun, "difficult" stuff that finally entertains me and isn't artificial difficulty- people complain and it gets nerfed. I understand that they want to cater to a large playerbase- but they can do so in parts. They don't have to make everything able to cater to casual players, they can put in stuff for players that want a challenge and if they casual players don't like it they can deal with it- they don't have to play that stuff if they don't want to.