Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shape of Cockpit and Landing Craft

OoKeNnEtHoO

Something has been bugging me for some time and that is the discrepancy between the shape of the cockpit (navigation segment) and the shape of the landing craft.

Originally, we only had the Liset and the shapes would fit but as we change landing ships, the shapes would no longer makes sense because most of the other landing ships have appendages on the sides that are visibly much more forward than their torsos (which I assume the cockpit would be) and when inside the cockpit, we do not see those.

Granted, there is the possibility of the ship being invisible on the outside and so while we can see the interior, we cannot see the appendages as we are clocked while docked to the Orbiter or perhaps the ships change shapes when docked.

Nevertheless, I would hope that some effort can be put in to make the shapes logical and also in a way add more value to the cosmetic purchase of landing ships.

Bonus:

There is a typo error on the Battalyst codex entry with "Health: 2300" written as "None: 2300".

The Breeding Segment has the tab written as "Lotus\Language\Reading".

23 hours ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

Bonus:

There is a typo error on the Battalyst codex entry with "Health: 2300" written as "None: 2300".

The Breeding Segment has the tab written as "Lotus\Language\Reading".

There is a section is the forums for obsolete or incorrect descriptions. Not sure why you put it here, since it doesn't belong with your topic.

I do agree that an update is needed to change the cockpit of each landing craft, but this was a recent addition is the grand timeline of updates, and I am sure they are aware of this. It will be nice to see if they update this at some point in time.

There may be changes due in terms of UI descriptions and such, but at this point, based on what DE has shown and teased so far, I firmly believe that the inside of our ship is actually the orbiter, while the landing craft is... well just landing craft.

Shape aside, there are just so many things that don't make sense, period.

This is sort of not true that the Nav segment is the orbiter.,

It should be but the current view from the other craft is your landing craft and we do not see the Orbiter. But the craft are not consistent with the size of what is inside.

There needs to be a redesign of what is being seen from the Nav segment. Or we need to see what the orbiter looks like.

As it stands, from your Nav area you see your team's landing craft and they see yours, but you can not see what they are attached to.

If the size representations are correct, then there is no place to go when you try to access your lower deck. The landing craft is shown in the relay as represented from your view port. This means when you  walk to your arsenal or other lower deck areas you leaving the size of the representation. This would indicate you are attached to your orbiter and it is cloaked or you are going into open space. but this also means that the landing craft you see  are also in the same posture and when the squad disbands the squads orbiters would need to move with their ships.

There has been no explanation of this. so far but there are a number of possibilities, but I think the view animation should be checked.

i can relate.

it mostly bothers be during intro and outro cinematic at the beginning and end of mission.

it especially bothers me when i dock at one of the relays.

comparing the sizes is difficult and should be looked into.

lets not also forget that we still have two unopened rooms inside the ship, as well as the archwing storage.

• 2 months later...

Everything down the ramp is orbiter while above the ramp is landing craft, this was confirmed by DE in devstream 58.

I think the reason why cockpit we stay in between missions doesnt change between landing crafts is because we always stay in cockpit of liset, why ? because its our main/original ship we used when we were in service of orokin, its possible that other ships didnt even originate since orokin times and instead were created in current times. It would make sense that we stay in liset because its only landing craft that fits in the front dock of orbiter and most likely its only landing craft that can be used to control orbiter.

Other landing crafts most likely dock in other parts of orbiter, orbiter has possibly hangar  for landing crafts which would make sense since if I remember correctly DE is planing to add to game ability to visit other players orbiters/landing crafts,